Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ

+18
rawpowah
IoJovi
snufkin
SkyStar
Birdwoman
Starliteprism
RosiePancake
SoloSideCousin
Kessel
ZioRen
teltaru
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
AceofWands
DarthRen
Darth Dingbat
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ  - Page 3 Empty Re: The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 30 Dec 2017, 2:53 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Bumping this up before I forget...

Reflecting back, MSW actually had a pretty awful track record for TLJ, outside of the merch-related leaks they got. Their "plot" leaks all had at least some element that was highly inaccurate:

* Rumor that Luke would tell Rey that she needed to kill Kylo, but Rey didn't want to = WRONG (Granted, this could have been cut dialogue from the Rey/Luke fight)
* Almost all of the eyewitness stuff out of Ireland = WRONG. (The only thing they had right turned out to be Luke's death scene...Luke meditating on rock and seeing a binary sunset.)
* The FinnRose star destroyer infiltration = semi-wrong. (They were supposedly planting bombs, which we now know was false.)
* The rumor that they heard about the ending where "Luke goes for Snoke, and Rey goes for Kylo"= WRONG
@ISeeAnIsland

I have my own crack pot/tinfoil theory about it all: Until one point (I'd say until Ireland filming) they were pretty much on track with the bits of info they were getting:

1. "SOMETHING going on with Kylo and Rey - not a romance - but something" - I can be pretty sure that was the rumor about the Force Bond - but probably Jason didn't get the specifics.

2. Poe vs Holdo - they confirmed Latino review scoop early on. And it was 100% accurate.

These two leaks were the earliest things they let out and somehow it fits time wise with the Bothan spy's leaks on reddit and Force Ghost's on Imdb about Leia in coma.

After that point the most leaks were FAFs and I really do believe that at some point the MOUSE started to let flow the false rumors.
@Darth_Awakened

I'm right there with you on the tinfoil hat theory. Mr. Ghostface (IMDB poster who'd said that Rey wasn't a Skywalker and had the Leia-in-a-coma-but-uses-the-Force-to-save-herself rumor) also got shut down at the same time.

I'll go even further to say that I think Disney/LF staged some fake, extra shots/scenes that could be seen by public eye for the Ireland shoot...all to throw people off about the storyline.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ  - Page 3 Empty Re: The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 30 Dec 2017, 3:00 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Bumping this up before I forget...

Reflecting back, MSW actually had a pretty awful track record for TLJ, outside of the merch-related leaks they got. Their "plot" leaks all had at least some element that was highly inaccurate:

* Rumor that Luke would tell Rey that she needed to kill Kylo, but Rey didn't want to = WRONG (Granted, this could have been cut dialogue from the Rey/Luke fight)
* Almost all of the eyewitness stuff out of Ireland = WRONG. (The only thing they had right turned out to be Luke's death scene...Luke meditating on rock and seeing a binary sunset.)
* The FinnRose star destroyer infiltration = semi-wrong. (They were supposedly planting bombs, which we now know was false.)
* The rumor that they heard about the ending where "Luke goes for Snoke, and Rey goes for Kylo"= WRONG
@ISeeAnIsland

I have my own crack pot/tinfoil theory about it all: Until one point (I'd say until Ireland filming) they were pretty much on track with the bits of info they were getting:

1. "SOMETHING going on with Kylo and Rey - not a romance - but something" - I can be pretty sure that was the rumor about the Force Bond - but probably Jason didn't get the specifics.

2. Poe vs Holdo - they confirmed Latino review scoop early on. And it was 100% accurate.

These two leaks were the earliest things they let out and somehow it fits time wise with the Bothan spy's leaks on reddit and Force Ghost's on Imdb about Leia in coma.

After that point the most leaks were FAFs and I really do believe that at some point the MOUSE started to let flow the false rumors.
@Darth_Awakened

I'm right there with you on the tinfoil hat theory. Mr. Ghostface (IMDB poster who'd said that Rey wasn't a Skywalker and had the Leia-in-a-coma-but-uses-the-Force-to-save-herself rumor) also got shut down at the same time.

I'll go even further to say that I think Disney/LF staged some fake, extra shots/scenes that could be seen by public eye for the Ireland shoot...all to throw people off about the storyline.
@ISeeAnIsland

Right. I still don't get what was going on that meadow with the smoke machine (the origin of the ship crash rumor) and how that fits in the movie.
I mean we all saw the photo with our own eyes.

Also there was the sort of "the procession" on the main street in Dubrovnik which also could be seen as a fake shot.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 31 Dec 2017, 6:30 am

All of the following real leakers got served by the Mouse:

MSW - now reduced to marketing-based spoilers only

LatinoReview - not a peep about SW after that Poe/Holdo/Leia spoiler

Bothan-Spy - silent as a grave, still posts on reddit but no more leaks

Mr Ghost Face - was forced to publicly backtrack (he said he was trolling even though it was obvious he didn't). He told me about it in a PM and also that they used Leia doll for her coma scenes which was proven true by a Russian magazine interview. With dismantling of IMDB forums, who knows what happened to him? One thing is sure, he's not leaking anymore.

So we are down to the list of people who see the movie days before the premiere or on the premiere:

Reyloismine aka Green Milk - she's legit but also not very forthcoming with details. But at least you get stuff like whether Reylo is canon.

Pawn or The Pawn - unfortunately, he's the earliest and by far the worst reporter that makes all movies sound like total crap. His spoiler report was so bad people rightfully thought he was faking it. But yes, he's legit and proven so with other movies. If anyone remembers the forum he's posting on or has a link, I'll appreciate it cause I want to make a special sticky thread for important links, etc.

Indominus Rekt and UserAnon - these Redditors are 100% legit. They see movies early (though a day or 2 after the horrible Prawn) and are excellent reporters so you can get the real feel of the movie.

Assorted fly-bys - people who attend the location shoot like Sforza and you never know who may be a real deal but Reddit had the guy who reported first about Chewie and the Porgs subplot.

Omni something - Redditor who always gives legit Lego code leaks. If I remember correctly, Rey is always Foxtrot and Kylo is always Victor 1.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 31 Dec 2017, 8:46 am

vaderito wrote:
Pawn or The Pawn - unfortunately, he's the earliest and by far the worst reporter that makes all movies sound like total crap. His spoiler report was so bad people rightfully thought he was faking it. But yes, he's legit and proven so with other movies. If anyone remembers the forum he's posting on or has a link, I'll appreciate it cause I want to make a special sticky thread for important links, etc.
@vaderito

Great summary Vad!

On the Pawn - that guy would make of the best movie of all time to sound like a TOTAL FAF and CRAP.

I'am laughing like crazy about his report now. And I don't remember where he posted his report - because I was dead sure it was anti biased FAF.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 31 Dec 2017, 4:35 pm

Do we want to start a new "crack/FAF" spoiler thread for IX just for kicks and giggles?

I saw that a little while back, Gangsta Rap Guy (who has now been proven to be FAF) posted his first "scoop" for IX.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 31 Dec 2017, 6:34 pm

@ISeeAnIsland At this point it's safe to say the majority of 'leaks' are only worth dart throwing practice. Hell, our Big Lebowski jokes proved closer to the mark than a lot of supposed spoilers. But who knows, maybe we'll get a new version of Bothan Spy. Which besides dead Phasma and smut hut, didn't they have a spoiler about trench explosions? Was that maybe the bit when Poe is fleeing his crashed speeder to lead the retreat on Crait?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 01 Jan 2018, 7:18 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Do we want to start a new "crack/FAF" spoiler thread for IX just for kicks and giggles?

I saw that a little while back, Gangsta Rap Guy (who has now been proven to be FAF) posted his first "scoop" for IX.
@ISeeAnIsland

he did? A scoop that isn't "IX will be split in 2 parts"? Make a Thread! I can't wait for IX FAF, they are so much fun!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 01 Jan 2018, 8:54 am

@vaderito

To add to your list of leakers:

ViewerAnon from Reddit saw both Justice League and The Last Jedi at the premiere and gave a good and balanced summary of the movies he saw (not to mention he also answered questions patiently). We should keep an eye out when IX comes out and see if he gets the same opportunity.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 01 Jan 2018, 8:57 am

rawpowah wrote:@vaderito

To add to your list of leakers:

ViewerAnon from Reddit saw both Justice League and The Last Jedi at the premiere and gave a good and balanced summary of the movies he saw (not to mention he also answered questions patiently). We should keep an eye out when IX comes out and see if he gets the same opportunity.
@rawpowah

I hope he does. he gave a really great TLJ report and answers.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 01 Jan 2018, 11:45 am

snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland At this point it's safe to say the majority of 'leaks' are only worth dart throwing practice. Hell, our Big Lebowski jokes proved closer to the mark than a lot of supposed spoilers. But who knows, maybe we'll get a new version of Bothan Spy. Which besides dead Phasma and smut hut, didn't they have a spoiler about trench explosions? Was that maybe the bit when Poe is fleeing his crashed speeder to lead the retreat on Crait?
@snufkin

Yes, Bothan-Spy's track record turned out to be pretty amazing. The only things he had "wrong" were Phasma getting dismembered in the fight with Finn (and even he seemed iffy on that making the final cut) and Kylo physically coming to Ahch-To (completely understandable, given that he clearly knew that Adam and Daisy had filmed together on the Ahch-To sets).

I just love the fact that one of the few "real" spoilers came from some guy from The Sunken Place was some guy with a tie to a toy manufacturer who knew that there'd be a shot of BB-8 driving a walker.

vaderito wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Do we want to start a new "crack/FAF" spoiler thread for IX just for kicks and giggles?

@ISeeAnIsland

he did? A scoop that isn't "IX will be split in 2 parts"? Make a Thread! I can't wait for IX FAF, they are so much fun!
@vaderito

Here ya go, vad. It's a good one!

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarkMyWords/comments/7k712o/mmw_in_star_wars_ix_rey_will_tell_kylo_ren_they/

GRG wrote:MMW: in Star Wars IX Rey will tell Kylo Ren they have a child, setting up his redemption.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 01 Jan 2018, 12:26 pm

@ISeeAnIsland - yeah the only 'scoops' it's safe to say will appear in the future are related to merch. Which sure, if you're a typical collector and ephemera of the world building type of fan, that's exciting. But everything which came out related to that angle has about zero to do with the actual story. They showed maybe 1-2 shots of those giant AT-ATs but those were background noise in the actual film.

Oh god, yes there probably will be a lot of 'spoilers' about Rey carrying some type of Force baby or whatever. But it's not like there's going to be a Lego set which will spoil how Ben manages to get off of the couch and back into her good graces.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 01 Jan 2018, 12:50 pm

snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland - yeah the only 'scoops' it's safe to say will appear in the future are related to merch. Which sure, if you're a typical collector and ephemera of the world building type of fan, that's exciting. But everything which came out related to that angle has about zero to do with the actual story. They showed maybe 1-2 shots of those giant AT-ATs but those were background noise in the actual film.

Oh god, yes there probably will be a lot of 'spoilers' about Rey carrying some type of Force baby or whatever. But it's not like there's going to be a Lego set which will spoil how Ben manages to get off of the couch and back into her good graces.
@snufkin

To be fair, the Lego leaks let us know that Rey made it to Crait (although were a bit misleading about her participation in the battle) and also let us know that Poe got a demotion. They also let us know that Hux made it to Crait (at the time of the Lego leak, there was barely anything on Hux and some of us were speculating he'd be off'ed early in TLJ).

On the other hand, wasn't there a Holdo mini-fig in one of the Crait sets? So that was a bit off.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 01 Jan 2018, 12:52 pm

@ISeeAnIsland Oh that's right, Rey brings down a star destroyer with the Force. God, that Hux action figure/Lego -- here I was joking that it'd be for the child who wants to play at being a frustrated, sniping middle manager plotting against your co-worker, which it basically was!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 01 Jan 2018, 12:54 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland - yeah the only 'scoops' it's safe to say will appear in the future are related to merch. Which sure, if you're a typical collector and ephemera of the world building type of fan, that's exciting. But everything which came out related to that angle has about zero to do with the actual story. They showed maybe 1-2 shots of those giant AT-ATs but those were background noise in the actual film.

@snufkin

To be fair, the Lego leaks let us know that Rey made it to Crait (although were a bit misleading about her participation in the battle) and also let us know that Poe got a demotion. They also let us know that Hux made it to Crait (at the time of the Lego leak, there was barely anything on Hux and some of us were speculating he'd be off'ed early in TLJ).

On the other hand, wasn't there a Holdo mini-fig in one of the Crait sets? So that was a bit off.
@ISeeAnIsland

Holdo was with the Bombers set (with Poe and Paige) - I don't remember was it supposedly a Crait set.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 01 Jan 2018, 2:08 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

Holdo was with the Bombers set (with Poe and Paige) - I don't remember was it supposedly a Crait set.
@Darth_Awakened

I stand corrected, then. I must have confused the Bombers set with Crait.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 01 Jan 2018, 2:36 pm

OMG, Rey got pregnant through hand sex rumors? People are lame. If they’re not going to conceive the human way, then the sexual tension is for nothing, lol. We at least saw shirtless Anakin in bed with Padmé, so you could fill in with your imagination. Rey and Kylo didn’t even sneak in to his room before visiting Snoke. There was no time for the real thing. Make out, fade to black. That’s all I’m asking for, Disney Razz
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 01 Jan 2018, 3:49 pm

One crack leak that I'm sad didn't pan out was the "Finn wins big at the Casino" rumor. I even dedicated a Bingo square to that one! Laughing

And outside of the time crunch that Finn and Rose were under, it would have fit perfectly fine with that story arc.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 01 Jan 2018, 4:03 pm

@ISeeAnisland That's a great one!

Luke brings the lightning from the sky FAF actually turned out to be Yoda in the movie! So either a partial lucky guess or he knew something but mixed up characters.

I have a challenge for everyone. Right a FAF, don't tell us and then post it on 4chan or reddit.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 01 Jan 2018, 4:19 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland At this point it's safe to say the majority of 'leaks' are only worth dart throwing practice. Hell, our Big Lebowski jokes proved closer to the mark than a lot of supposed spoilers. But who knows, maybe we'll get a new version of Bothan Spy. Which besides dead Phasma and smut hut, didn't they have a spoiler about trench explosions? Was that maybe the bit when Poe is fleeing his crashed speeder to lead the retreat on Crait?
@snufkin

Yes, Bothan-Spy's track record turned out to be pretty amazing. The only things he had "wrong" were Phasma getting dismembered in the fight with Finn (and even he seemed iffy on that making the final cut) and Kylo physically coming to Ahch-To (completely understandable, given that he clearly knew that Adam and Daisy had filmed together on the Ahch-To sets).

I just love the fact that one of the few "real" spoilers came from some guy from The Sunken Place was some guy with a tie to a toy manufacturer who knew that there'd be a shot of BB-8 driving a walker.

vaderito wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@vaderito

Here ya go, vad. It's a good one!

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarkMyWords/comments/7k712o/mmw_in_star_wars_ix_rey_will_tell_kylo_ren_they/

GRG wrote:MMW: in Star Wars IX Rey will tell Kylo Ren they have a child, setting up his redemption.
@ISeeAnIsland

Lol! If that one actually turned out to be true then Rey and Kylo will have like 25 kids because no birth control, even in the GFFA, would be able to handle the power of the force bond, lol!
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 01 Jan 2018, 4:31 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Lol! If that one actually turned out to be true then Rey and Kylo will have like 25 kids because no birth control, even in the GFFA, would be able to handle the power of the force bond, lol!
@SoloSideCousin

If Ben and Rey can have 25 kids this easily, who needs new Force sensitives to train? They can just train their kids since they already have enough for two football teams. Laughing Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 06 Jan 2018, 9:29 pm

Crack nostalgia time!

I was hunting for something else on reddit and came across this thread from a few months ago. There is just so much FAF going on here between different fake leakers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/70k7ns/what_ulookwhachumademedo_claims_reys_parentage_is/
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 06 Jan 2018, 9:37 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Crack nostalgia time!

I was hunting for something else on reddit and came across this thread from a few months ago. There is just so much FAF going on here between different fake leakers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/70k7ns/what_ulookwhachumademedo_claims_reys_parentage_is/
@ISeeAnIsland

This is hilarious. It’s funny as hell reading these after the fact - they all sound SO SERIOUS!!! lol!

I am sad the “Finn wins big in Canto Bight” didn’t come to fruition. That would have made that sequence so much better than it was...

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:05 pm

Star Wars Episode IX

No official title yet but the apparent subtitle is supposed to be Balance of the Force

The film opens 7 years after the events of The Last Jedi with the funeral of General Leia.

Rey, Finn, Poe and company are in attendance. Finn and Rose are now an Item and Rey is leader.

The funeral is attacked by the First Order and Supreme Leader Kylo Ren himself enters the battle.

He is badly injured when trying to recover something from Leia’s tomb and the entire building explodes and collapses. The state funeral and the tomb where a decoy/trap, Leia was buried weeks ago on Naboo alongside her mother.

First Order troops recover Rens badly injured body

Fin, Poe, Rey and Rose return to a secret military base on a mountainous planet

Ren is rehabilitated with cyborg limbs and becomes ‘Vader like’

More and more Force users emerge from the shadows and join the resistance

Meanwhile dozens of dark side force users join the First order

The main bulk of the film surrounds the search for the Prime Jedi, his tomb is lost

The films ends with the dark side and the light joining forces to bring down the Prime jedi, who is awoken and wants to destroy all force users.

Ren Saves Rey and kills the Prime Jedi. Rey unites the dark side and the light and brings Balance to the force once and for all.

Filming begins in spring

Someone wrote this and posted on digitalspy.com , tried to sell it as "found it on social media". Comments yawned. lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:15 pm

Lol! Cyborg Kylo! The new mechanical pelvis?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:15 pm

vaderito wrote:
Star Wars Episode IX

No official title yet but the apparent subtitle is supposed to be Balance of the Force

The film opens 7 years after the events of The Last Jedi with the funeral of General Leia.

Rey, Finn, Poe and company are in attendance. Finn and Rose are now an Item and Rey is leader.

The funeral is attacked by the First Order and Supreme Leader Kylo Ren himself enters the battle.

He is badly injured when trying to recover something from Leia’s tomb and the entire building explodes and collapses. The state funeral and the tomb where a decoy/trap, Leia was buried weeks ago on Naboo alongside her mother.

First Order troops recover Rens badly injured body

Fin, Poe, Rey and Rose return to a secret military base on a mountainous planet

Ren is rehabilitated with cyborg limbs and becomes ‘Vader like’

More and more Force users emerge from the shadows and join the resistance

Meanwhile dozens of dark side force users join the First order

The main bulk of the film surrounds the search for the Prime Jedi, his tomb is lost

The films ends with the dark side and the light joining forces to bring down the Prime jedi, who is awoken and wants to destroy all force users.

Ren Saves Rey and kills the Prime Jedi. Rey unites the dark side and the light and brings Balance to the force once and for all.

Filming begins in spring

Someone wrote this and posted on digitalspy.com , tried to sell it as "found it on social media". Comments yawned. lol!
@vaderito

Lol, reminds me vaguely of Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice mixed with the Avengers.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next