Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ

+18
rawpowah
IoJovi
snufkin
SkyStar
Birdwoman
Starliteprism
RosiePancake
SoloSideCousin
Kessel
ZioRen
teltaru
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
AceofWands
DarthRen
Darth Dingbat
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ  - Page 2 Empty Re: The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 20 Dec 2017, 11:41 pm

Also a certain rumor that came from the place we shall not name - Rey in a box or sort of cell: MF escaping POD.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ  - Page 2 Empty Re: The (crack?) spoiler scorecard thread for TLJ

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 20 Dec 2017, 11:45 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:Also a certain rumor that came from the place we shall not name - Rey in a box or sort of cell: MF escaping POD.

@Darth_Awakened

In theory, that was supposed to be the end of the movie, though. And part of that same rumor was that the ending shot was similar to ESB--I think it was Luke, Leia, Finn, and a droid or two looking out a viewport into space.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 20 Dec 2017, 11:50 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:Also a certain rumor that came from the place we shall not name - Rey in a box or sort of cell: MF escaping POD.

@Darth_Awakened

In theory, that was supposed to be the end of the movie, though. And part of that same rumor was that the ending shot was similar to ESB--I think it was Luke, Leia, Finn, and a droid or two looking out a viewport into space.
@ISeeAnIsland

I know. But I can bet now that "Rey in a box" was the only legit part of it - the rest was added by the OP.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 20 Dec 2017, 11:52 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
teltaru wrote:So, what about this guy? Relevant, because he dropped a couple of "hints" about IX too.
@teltaru

That's interesting...  Especially given that JJ was supposed to have just pitched his story treatment for IX in the past day or two.

Count me as one of the few who doesn't want a big time jump between TLJ and IX.  Some breathing space, sure, but given Hux's clear suspicions and Ben's emotional breakdown at the end of TLJ, I don't think that Ben was set up to be Renporer over the long haul.
@ISeeAnIsland

I don't want some massive time jump either.  Talk about losing momentum. :-(

What gives this guy any credibility? What did he predict in the past?
@SoloSideCousin

He knew a bit about the Rey/Luke fight last year...but the details are actually pretty off. That's the only thing that I can find, though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5kaz5z/a_late_christmas_present/

Given that JJ just turned in the first treatment, I am hoping that this person isn't as close to production as he made it seem.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah, that description is pretty weak. I mean the last thing Rey did was balance the force. The whole movie would have been filmed at the time of writing that post, and there is no balance except in the hut with Kylo, and that lasts a few seconds. I am usually pretty open to these dudes, but I think there is not much to him.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 21 Dec 2017, 12:00 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
teltaru wrote:So, what about this guy? Relevant, because he dropped a couple of "hints" about IX too.
@teltaru

That's interesting...  Especially given that JJ was supposed to have just pitched his story treatment for IX in the past day or two.

Count me as one of the few who doesn't want a big time jump between TLJ and IX.  Some breathing space, sure, but given Hux's clear suspicions and Ben's emotional breakdown at the end of TLJ, I don't think that Ben was set up to be Renporer over the long haul.
@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

He knew a bit about the Rey/Luke fight last year...but the details are actually pretty off. That's the only thing that I can find, though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5kaz5z/a_late_christmas_present/

Given that JJ just turned in the first treatment, I am hoping that this person isn't as close to production as he made it seem.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah, that description is pretty weak. I mean the last thing Rey did was balance the force. The whole movie would have been filmed at the time of writing that post, and there is no balance except in the hut with Kylo, and that lasts a few seconds. I am usually pretty open to these dudes, but I think there is not much to him.
@SoloSideCousin

Right. The movie was shot at that point. He seemed to know that Rey has some sort of confrontation with Luke and then leaves on her own on the Falcon, but that was all that he got right. The only time that the Force came across as "balanced" in the movie was when Rey and Kylo were fighting the guards together...and no mention of that.

Like a lot of these reddit "leakers", I think he had gotten lucky with a tidbit or two and tried to overplay his hand. If you look at his answers in the IX thread, most of them are very vague/cryptic.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 21 Dec 2017, 4:12 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@teltaru

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

As @vaderito said Yin and Yang, the balance got tossed aside in TLJ. There was nothing significant towards it in the movie, like realy big neon signals, JJ might touch upon this. It made me think, this is about individuals who have to balance their inner light and darkness.

My main concern that it's Disney, they like to bait fans into thinking just looking at MCU pairings. JJ is known to play it safe but then he met that to promise he'll be bold. Don't know how much reliable it were.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 21 Dec 2017, 4:22 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@teltaru

That's interesting... Especially given that JJ was supposed to have just pitched his story treatment for IX in the past day or two.

Count me as one of the few who doesn't want a big time jump between TLJ and IX. Some breathing space, sure, but given Hux's clear suspicions and Ben's emotional breakdown at the end of TLJ, I don't think that Ben was set up to be Renporer over the long haul.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yup. This movie definitely picked up the pace, so big time jump would kind of ruin the momentum a little, if you get my drift. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by vaderito Thu 21 Dec 2017, 7:36 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

In theory, that was supposed to be the end of the movie, though.  And part of that same rumor was that the ending shot was similar to ESB--I think it was Luke, Leia, Finn, and a droid or two looking out a viewport into space.
@ISeeAnIsland

It was Luke, Finn and 3PO looking at the unknown landscape. The scooper later backtracked and said that those actors were on the set that day and in front of the green screen.

But, anyway, I thought this thread was updated cause there was already an Episode IX FAF. lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 21 Dec 2017, 7:36 am

RosiePancake wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@teltaru

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

As @vaderito said Yin and Yang, the balance got tossed aside in TLJ. There was nothing significant towards it in the movie, like realy big neon signals, JJ might touch upon this. It made me think, this is about individuals who have to balance their inner light and darkness.

My main concern that it's Disney, they like to bait fans into thinking just looking at MCU pairings. JJ is known to play it safe but then he met that to promise he'll be bold. Don't know how much reliable it were.
@DarthRen

So you are still worrying about whether Reylo is canon or not? I don't know which MCU pairing you are talking about, but Marvel Studio is Marvel Studio, Lucasfilm Studio is Lucasfilm Studio, each of them have their own choice in the movie-making process.
Marvel made 3 movies per year with the same formula for their cinematic universe for the last 10 years, so they could switch and bait whatever they want to make people think sometimes they could produce "twist" then bait and switch it back again, while for now Lucasfilm only has this trilogy as the most important project and they even need 6 years to complete it.

Building romantic relationship(s) in the 2nd episode has been a tradition of SW saga for 40 years, and this time Lucasfilm even has to stand against many headcanon theories of fanboys to make sure that Reylo happens on screen in the most sensual and blatant way possible. So I don't think Lucasfilm could waste the entire screen times of TLJ to bait FinnRose shippers plus Reylo shippers and encourage GA and critics to ship it, then screw it all to shock people at the end, it's an illogical move.
So it's safe to say that the MCU-esque won't happen to Reylo and FinnRose, unless all Lucasfilm staffs and Walt Disney CEO lose their mind in the wild wild west of the galaxy far far away.
@RosiePancake

It's typical Disney stuff. Baiting fans with FinnRey and PoeRey so everyone can get some pieces to work with. Doesn't matter LF or MCU, they all answer to the same people who must approve all the details. I've learned my lessons with them in the past.

Let's just say, pretty sure Ben will be back, get a redemption, Ben and Rey, FO loses and beyond that don't know and will wait to see. Have my hopes but also cautious.

Last edited by DarthRen on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 21 Dec 2017, 7:43 am

@DarthRen I don't think it's baiting. I think that all relationships are clear from LF POV. It's just that various fans want to see what they want to see.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 21 Dec 2017, 7:47 am

vaderito wrote:@DarthRen I don't think it's baiting. I think that all relationships are clear from LF POV. It's just that various fans want to see what they want to see.
@vaderito

Disney has this bad habit of giving little nuggets to everyone, even if it's clear where this is going. It should and will be Kylo and Rey or should I say Ben and Rey but still as Disney is known for this, wink wink to others so they can have something. Which is essentially baiting the fans.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 21 Dec 2017, 7:56 am

DarthRen wrote:
vaderito wrote:@DarthRen I don't think it's baiting. I think that all relationships are clear from LF POV. It's just that various fans want to see what they want to see.
@vaderito

Disney has this bad habit of giving little nuggets to everyone, even if it's clear where this is going. It should and will be Kylo and Rey or should I say Ben and Rey but still as Disney is known for this, wink wink to others so they can have something. Which is essentially baiting the fans.
@DarthRen

They do that much worse with MCU movies cause of incessant queer-baiting. Commit or stop. But yes, they like to stroke Tumblr though SW does that much less than MCU. In fact, TLJ wasn't all that shippy in terms of Storm Pilot (separated for much of the plot, no "two of them alone in the confined space or 2 of them hugging), Finnrey (just one scene where they are together and then the second one has him busy with Rose), Damerrey (Lego set prompted wild scenarios about Damerrey flirting on the battlefield...I guess they now have to do with only Oh hai Mark). Big winner is Kylux not because of baiting this ship but because Kylo/Hux mutual hate and interaction are inevitable. And I don't think they saved Hux to keep shippers happy. They likely want a rift in FO or something, assuming JJ follows through.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:15 am

vaderito wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@vaderito

@DarthRen

They do that much worse with MCU movies cause of incessant queer-baiting. Commit or stop. But yes, they like to stroke Tumblr though SW does that much less than MCU. In fact, TLJ wasn't all that shippy in terms of Storm Pilot (separated for much of the plot, no "two of them alone in the confined space or 2 of them hugging), Finnrey (just one scene where they are together and then the second one has him busy with Rose), Damerrey (Lego set prompted wild scenarios about Damerrey flirting on the battlefield...I guess they now have to do with only Oh hai Mark). Big winner is Kylux not because of baiting this ship but because Kylo/Hux mutual hate and interaction are inevitable. And I don't think they saved Hux to keep shippers happy. They likely want a rift in FO or something, assuming JJ follows through.
@vaderito

Yeah, I totally agree with the FO rift being a strong possibility. The whole new canon has shown "bad imperial types" (Hux, Phasma), and "good imperial types" (Finn, stormtroopers (caught in the machine), Mitaka, Iden, Del, a bunch of the book characters and now Kylo/Ben to a certain extent). Every bit of "solution" messaging has involved imperial types coming together with Rebellion types.

Kylo/Ben and Hux personify these better imperial types and the completely loathsome imperial types, respectively ... And they are both in the same leadership room with no Snoke to control them. Also both have made total a**es of themselves at various times in front of their troops. That means that some will follow Kylo and some will follow Hux because neither have shown themselves to be a great general yet. (And I don't think Hux ever will. Kylo/Ben still has a chance). Also, you know that Kylo is going to take away that stormtrooper program, or at least attempt to, because that is where Hux's power lies. An event like this will lead to a rift and probably some civil war situation ... And whose group is going to be the one that the Resistance can actually talk to? Not Hux's side.

Honestly, I think Renperor is probably a subversion in and of itself, because Kylo/Ben is never turning into Vader or Palpatine. He had his chance and he let the remaining Resistance go. Instead, Ben is going to be the key for peace at some point, the galaxy's last hope.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 21 Dec 2017, 12:30 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@vaderito

@DarthRen

@vaderito

Yeah, I totally agree with the FO rift being a strong possibility. The whole new canon has shown "bad imperial types" (Hux, Phasma), and "good imperial types" (Finn, stormtroopers (caught in the machine), Mitaka, Iden, Del, a bunch of the book characters and now Kylo/Ben to a certain extent). Every bit of "solution" messaging has involved imperial types coming together with Rebellion types.

Kylo/Ben and Hux personify these better imperial types and the completely loathsome imperial types, respectively ... And they are both in the same leadership room with no Snoke to control them. Also both have made total a**es of themselves at various times in front of their troops. That means that some will follow Kylo and some will follow Hux because neither have shown themselves to be a great general yet. (And I don't think Hux ever will. Kylo/Ben still has a chance). Also, you know that Kylo is going to take away that stormtrooper program, or at least attempt to, because that is where Hux's power lies. An event like this will lead to a rift and probably some civil war situation ... And whose group is going to be the one that the Resistance can actually talk to? Not Hux's side.

Honestly, I think Renperor is probably a subversion in and of itself, because Kylo/Ben is never turning into Vader or Palpatine. He had his chance and he let the remaining Resistance go. Instead, Ben is going to be the key for peace at some point, the galaxy's last hope.
@SoloSideCousin

I don't think Rey was delusional when she said that Ben was the galaxy's "last hope" (or whatever the exact wording was).

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 30 Dec 2017, 12:41 pm

Bumping this up before I forget...

Reflecting back, MSW actually had a pretty awful track record for TLJ, outside of the merch-related leaks they got. Their "plot" leaks all had at least some element that was highly inaccurate:

* Rumor that Luke would tell Rey that she needed to kill Kylo, but Rey didn't want to = WRONG (Granted, this could have been cut dialogue from the Rey/Luke fight)
* Almost all of the eyewitness stuff out of Ireland = WRONG. (The only thing they had right turned out to be Luke's death scene...Luke meditating on rock and seeing a binary sunset.)
* The FinnRose star destroyer infiltration = semi-wrong. (They were supposedly planting bombs, which we now know was false.)
* The rumor that they heard about the ending where "Luke goes for Snoke, and Rey goes for Kylo"= WRONG
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sat 30 Dec 2017, 12:43 pm

Did they get a photo of the beer can chicken, which was supposed to be the sea monster Rey was supposed to fight? But that ended up being sea cows.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 30 Dec 2017, 12:45 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Bumping this up before I forget...

Reflecting back, MSW actually had a pretty awful track record for TLJ, outside of the merch-related leaks they got.  Their "plot" leaks all had at least some element that was highly inaccurate:

* Rumor that Luke would tell Rey that she needed to kill Kylo, but Rey didn't want to = WRONG (Granted, this could have been cut dialogue from the Rey/Luke fight)
* Almost all of the eyewitness stuff out of Ireland = WRONG.  (The only thing they had right turned out to be Luke's death scene...Luke meditating on rock and seeing a binary sunset.)
* The FinnRose star destroyer infiltration = semi-wrong.  (They were supposedly planting bombs, which we now know was false.)
* The rumor that they heard about the ending where "Luke goes for Snoke, and Rey goes for Kylo"= WRONG
@ISeeAnIsland

And then are two from a certain point of view - that Luke doesn't meet with Leia and doesn't use his lightsaber. Well, those are projections/memories, but still, it happens. Especially the Luke and Leia meeting.

Kylo stays dark - well that was true to think about it. Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 30 Dec 2017, 12:49 pm

Birdwoman wrote:Did they get a photo of the beer can chicken, which was supposed to be the sea monster Rey was supposed to fight? But that ended up being sea cows.
@Birdwoman

Ooh, good one!

Unless there was something cut, Rey certainly never fought a sea monster.

I think it was just an assumption that Beer Can Chicken/Luke's Milk Source was said sea monster.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 30 Dec 2017, 12:49 pm

@ISeeAnIsland As with their podcast 'analysis' of the characters and relationships, the prevailing message really should be Don't Quit Your Day Job. Seriously, for all the goofing around here, it feels like we were way more on target than the supposed serious fans who know better.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 30 Dec 2017, 12:57 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Bumping this up before I forget...

Reflecting back, MSW actually had a pretty awful track record for TLJ, outside of the merch-related leaks they got. Their "plot" leaks all had at least some element that was highly inaccurate:

* Almost all of the eyewitness stuff out of Ireland = WRONG. (The only thing they had right turned out to be Luke's death scene...Luke meditating on rock and seeing a binary sunset.)
* The FinnRose star destroyer infiltration = semi-wrong. (They were supposedly planting bombs, which we now know was false.)
@ISeeAnIsland

I have my own crack pot/tinfoil theory about it all: Until one point (I'd say until Ireland filming) they were pretty much on track with the bits of info they were getting:

1. "SOMETHING going on with Kylo and Rey - not a romance - but something" - I can be pretty sure that was the rumor about the Force Bond - but probably Jason didn't get the specifics.

2. Poe vs Holdo - they confirmed Latino review scoop early on. And it was 100% accurate.

These two leaks were the earliest things they let out and somehow it fits time wise with the Bothan spy's leaks on reddit and Force Ghost's on Imdb about Leia in coma.

After that point the most leaks were FAFs and I really do believe that at some point the MOUSE started to let flow the false rumors.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 30 Dec 2017, 1:18 pm

Unfortunately we can't even say that MSW got details right and analysis wrong. Even a lot of the details they had were false. The only correct information they had related to toys and other merch. Safe to say they have no insider anymore and are almost not worthy of attention without taking their "leaks" with the most enormous grain of salt imaginable.

If it's anything like TLJ, and let's be real it'll probably be 5 times worse since it's the final movie, we're going to know nothing concrete about IX until like two days after its world premiere. Sad.  About to C
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 30 Dec 2017, 1:34 pm

ZioRen wrote:Unfortunately we can't even say that MSW got details right and analysis wrong. Even a lot of the details they had were false. The only correct information they had related to toys and other merch. Safe to say they have no insider anymore and are almost not worthy of attention without taking their "leaks" with the most enormous grain of salt imaginable.

If it's anything like TLJ, and let's be real it'll probably be 5 times worse since it's the final movie, we're going to know nothing concrete about IX until like two days after its world premiere. Sad.  About to C
@ZioRen

I am looking forward to FAF Evil!Kylo and Damerrey spoilers in the same way I’d look forward to a fork in my eye. Can’t wait... Shocked

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 30 Dec 2017, 2:23 pm

IoJovi wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Unfortunately we can't even say that MSW got details right and analysis wrong. Even a lot of the details they had were false. The only correct information they had related to toys and other merch. Safe to say they have no insider anymore and are almost not worthy of attention without taking their "leaks" with the most enormous grain of salt imaginable.

@ZioRen

I am looking forward to FAF Evil!Kylo and Damerrey spoilers in the same way I’d look forward to a fork in my eye. Can’t wait... Shocked

@IoJovi

Throw in there a little bit of FinnRey and Kylux we have it all. I'm looking forward to it like my visits to my dentist. Nice guy but damn my mind can go on without it.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next