Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horny Space Virgins With Issues (aka The "Yes Rey and Kylo Are Totes Virgins" thread)

+43
MrsWindu
Darth Rowan
Dar-ren19
rawpowah
Riri
Irina de France
Starliteprism
special_cases
Kylo Men
Lamiller1390
DeeBee
Kyla Ren
SheLitAFire
LadyHa
IoJovi
SoloSideCousin
Kylo Rey
PalmettoBlue
AnneNeville
MeadowofAshes
AhsokaTano
Reynak
vaderito
Atenais
ReyofLightSide
FrolickingFizzgig
Piper Maru
Forsythia
Casper
cherrylipstick
Darth_marshmallow
reylo1992
Darth Dingbat
Kessel
Darth_Awakened
ZioRen
thescavenger
Night Huntress
snufkin
Saracene
shii405
ISeeAnIsland
Lily Snape
47 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Horny Space Virgins With Issues (aka The "Yes Rey and Kylo Are Totes Virgins" thread) - Page 6 Empty Re: Horny Space Virgins With Issues (aka The "Yes Rey and Kylo Are Totes Virgins" thread)

Post by Dar-ren19 Sun 29 Apr 2018, 3:43 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:
rawpowah wrote:I interpreted Rey's conflicting (for lack of a better word) body language as her wanting soft boi Ben Solo, while at the same time being intimidated by the more sensual/intense Kylo Ren because of her inexperience and not knowing what to do. At the same time, she was probably more comfortable initiating things than the other way around (because in the latter she doesn't know what's expected of her). If that makes sense.

@rawpowah
I kind of agree with this split personality thing... she wants Ben and panics when she gets Kylo along with Ben. At the end of the throne room fight, she told herself that the "proposal" was coming from Kylo and not Ben. Deluded, she was.

Also, I kind of think of Rey being caught in a tinder/online relationship with a man she's only seen (and conversed/danced with) twice... and here they are... force-skyping and he's oh so gentle and has tears in his eyes and seems to get her... and then she meets him again in the flesh, and the elevator with its eventual end-run gives her the temporary strength to come on a bit stronger than she normally would. I can't ever forget her little frown while she lay in the coffin and looked up at him... such expectancy/muted excitement on her face... and he kind of had this stone face... so she frowns a little. She can't quite figure him out yet. And then the elevator thing happens...it's a very virginal reaction. The sudden sense of knowing that person and going for it until your courage fails a bit in the face of it.

Rey 's definitely a virgin. She's been fighting with aggressive men all her life... fighting them off and away from her personal space. It's what she does to Finn... her coping mechanism is sarcasm and physical aggression (STOP TAKING MY HAND! NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS THAT'S WHY!)... but the force bonds broke her apart. They were nothing like she's ever had before, and gave her a microscopic view of this man's insides that seemed to -- at times -- be made of jello.
@Dar-ren19

If I hadn't seen them as virgins before, I do now...the way she reacted to seeing him with his shirt off. And also how he reacted to her....genuinely puzzled by her embarrassment. I have a headcanon of Rose, the only one with a normal childhood, being the most sexually experienced of all of them...she initiated the kiss after all. Perhaps she'll have to tell Rey what to do.... Very Happy
@motherofpearl1

Oh wow, I hadn't thought about that with Rose, but I think you're onto something there.  After all, in the novelization/early drafts, Rose also seems to be the one most aware of Finn's puppy dog crush on Rey (which IMO, came from a place of irritation, not jealousy, at that point). That would also be a nice setup for Rose being the first one for Rey to confide in or to understand Rey when the truth about the Force bond inevitably leaks out.
@ISeeAnIsland
True. That's my headcanon too. Smile
@Moonlight13

How old is Rose supposed to be? Do we know?
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Horny Space Virgins With Issues (aka The "Yes Rey and Kylo Are Totes Virgins" thread) - Page 6 Empty Re: Horny Space Virgins With Issues (aka The "Yes Rey and Kylo Are Totes Virgins" thread)

Post by Starliteprism Sun 29 Apr 2018, 5:45 pm

Dar-ren19 wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:
rawpowah wrote:I interpreted Rey's conflicting (for lack of a better word) body language as her wanting soft boi Ben Solo, while at the same time being intimidated by the more sensual/intense Kylo Ren because of her inexperience and not knowing what to do. At the same time, she was probably more comfortable initiating things than the other way around (because in the latter she doesn't know what's expected of her). If that makes sense.

@rawpowah
I kind of agree with this split personality thing... she wants Ben and panics when she gets Kylo along with Ben. At the end of the throne room fight, she told herself that the "proposal" was coming from Kylo and not Ben. Deluded, she was.

Also, I kind of think of Rey being caught in a tinder/online relationship with a man she's only seen (and conversed/danced with) twice... and here they are... force-skyping and he's oh so gentle and has tears in his eyes and seems to get her... and then she meets him again in the flesh, and the elevator with its eventual end-run gives her the temporary strength to come on a bit stronger than she normally would. I can't ever forget her little frown while she lay in the coffin and looked up at him... such expectancy/muted excitement on her face... and he kind of had this stone face... so she frowns a little. She can't quite figure him out yet. And then the elevator thing happens...it's a very virginal reaction. The sudden sense of knowing that person and going for it until your courage fails a bit in the face of it.

Rey 's definitely a virgin. She's been fighting with aggressive men all her life... fighting them off and away from her personal space. It's what she does to Finn... her coping mechanism is sarcasm and physical aggression (STOP TAKING MY HAND! NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS THAT'S WHY!)... but the force bonds broke her apart. They were nothing like she's ever had before, and gave her a microscopic view of this man's insides that seemed to -- at times -- be made of jello.
@Dar-ren19

If I hadn't seen them as virgins before, I do now...the way she reacted to seeing him with his shirt off. And also how he reacted to her....genuinely puzzled by her embarrassment. I have a headcanon of Rose, the only one with a normal childhood, being the most sexually experienced of all of them...she initiated the kiss after all. Perhaps she'll have to tell Rey what to do.... Very Happy
@motherofpearl1

Oh wow, I hadn't thought about that with Rose, but I think you're onto something there.  After all, in the novelization/early drafts, Rose also seems to be the one most aware of Finn's puppy dog crush on Rey (which IMO, came from a place of irritation, not jealousy, at that point). That would also be a nice setup for Rose being the first one for Rey to confide in or to understand Rey when the truth about the Force bond inevitably leaks out.
@ISeeAnIsland
True. That's my headcanon too. Smile
@Moonlight13

How old is Rose supposed to be? Do we know?
@Dar-ren19

Oooo...Good question. Did a little search and not a sausage. Probably Finn's age(23) or older, would be my guess.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 30 Apr 2018, 3:02 pm

I think that Rey will be the first to act , I would see her in charge, taking the situation Smile
not that Ben is not able but I think he likes Rey, an enterprising and dominant one .
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 30 Apr 2018, 8:55 pm

I've enjoyed reading all the ideas about Rey's virgin status! I was very curious to hear everyone's thoughts.. Is it possible to ask Daisy on twitter if she had that conversation with RJ? - i.e. hey has my character ever kissed a guy?!

@ZioRen – Kylo is Reysexual? I love that!!!!  And… Rey is Bensexual!!!
@Riri – I agree. Rey will initiate the first kiss!!!

Kessel wrote: Yeah, Kylo’s look after killing that last guard was crazy intense; he never took his eyes off Rey, even when he was stabbing the guard. I think he’s just going with his feelings there, without even thinking, it’s just what’s coming naturally. She’s what he’s focused on. Too intense for poor Rey who’s not used to having a man look at her like that!

Funnily enough, I thought she seemed pretty aware of her effect on him and their mutual attraction in the elevator when she got in his personal space and stared at his lips, but I guess it’s a little scarier when you’re the target of the smoldering look rather than the one initiating it...
@Kessel
-Agreed Kessel, there is conflicting evidence here… I’m not sure if it was too intense for Rey. Maybe.
In that moment when she breaks eye contact with him, she thinks Ben has turned… maybe she pulls back because they need to hurry - the resistance are literally being blown apart in that moment - picked off one by one and she can see it. There was likely some fear and nervousness as it's all new, high stakes.. but I see instances of Rey being bold and brave also.. so maybe it was a matter of – lets deal with that later. We have lives to save. I don't know. I'm leaning toward virgin Rey - but don't base it on her reaction in that moment i guess...

@rawpowah – I’ve been meaning to say for a while.. your Vitruvian Porg is genius. I love it! Leonardo would be jealous he didn’t think of it!

@Kylo Rey @Darth Rowan   – Great gifs!!! He does not blink he is sooooo intense!!!!

Night Huntress wrote:
…My personal take is that Ben is a very passionate, intense character- in every aspect. He feels everything deeply- anger, hatred, self-loathing but also compassion, desire and love. And that comes of extremely compelling and attractive.
@Night Huntress – I love this!!!

motherofpearl1 wrote:
@motherofpearl1  - I agree – Rose can have a role to play as the emotional/ relationship sage with all these characters falling in love who haven’t really personally seen or experienced love and don’t recognise it. Leia would probably have originally fulfilled that role but with Leia out of the picture, I think someone needs to fulfill that role. I think Rose is going to be the official lampshade! I’ve enjoyed reading Rose perform that role in fan fics.. she’s even played matchmaker and accepted Ben’s redemption without resistance (bad pun?!) because she recognises he is in love with Rey. Her line about not fighting what we hate, but saving what we love sets her up as the love guru of IX! Lol. Can we hashtag that and get that trending on twitter (or however that works?)
#Rose the IX Love Guru!

Like I said with Kylo/Ben: Whether Rey is a virgin or not – it is clear to me that she is a novice when it comes to real love! I'm leaning toward Virgin Rey, but I can honestly say that of all the comments and ideas shared here: they are all possible given what we've seen so far!!!! lol.

I remember reading a fan fic that had Rey experiencing unwanted male attention on Jakku from a young age and all, but as his most valuable scavenger she was placed under the protection of Unkar Plutt.. so everyone knew not to attack her or mess with Unkar Plutt’s profits.. So sexually, she was relatively unscathed – (damaged in other ways though no doubt )... I liked this idea and thought it fit well with what we've seen so far.. I tend to view Rey as not experiencing sexual assault or abuse because I think the interrogation and kidnapping would have been triggering for her – especially the line about taking whatever he wants. I didn’t see this in her reaction..but.. YMMV…  

Generally, I get a vibe that Rey has spent her life always saying no to men's advances. In TLJ for the first time she is wanting to say yes to a man- to Ben. She is learning how to tred this new path, with a rather high risk, complicated man! But Rey has the force and her vision to help her along.. and this gives her courage and confidence - regardless of how sexually experienced she is. As events unfold in TLJ Rey finds she can't say yes to Ben at this time.. but I do get a sense that she is waiting and saying yes to Ben is still a hope for her future.
I see Rey as not really knowing what to call what she is experiencing, though she wants him and wants the life she somehow saw with him in that finger touch vision. Just what was in that vision??? When we find this out in IX we are going to know for sure just how much Rey has figured out by the time she ships herself to the supremacy I think…

Given her history and the nature of the Rey and Kylo/Ben relationship, it makes sense that she would be confused and not fully grasping what's happening.. It is super complicated!!
If Kylo/Ben has read her mind or her feelings, I don’t think he would find her thinking or feeling ‘I’m in love’ – I think she is, .. and knows she wants to be with him, but I don’t think she has realised this yet… Oh dear. This was suppose to be a quick reply. I’ve totally gotten sucked in with all these fabulous ideas that have been shared!!!! Embarassed

Mods can we update the title of this thread to include Rey or give Virgin/NonVirgin Rey her own thread.  Or lol if we are discussing Hux and Rose sexuality maybe we need to expand things further haaaaa… anyone wondering about Finn?!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 30 Apr 2018, 9:53 pm

@DeeBee The thread name has been changed: if you wish to talk about Finn and Rose's sexuality or Hux's, there are already specific threads about Finnrose and Hux on the forum (can't link to them since I'm on mobile, lol). If you have any other questions, please contact me or any other mod by PM.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 30 Apr 2018, 10:56 pm

Irina de France wrote:@DeeBee The thread name has been changed: if you wish to talk about Finn and Rose's sexuality or Hux's, there are already specific threads about Finnrose and Hux on the forum (can't link to them since I'm on mobile, lol). If you have any other questions, please contact me or any other mod by PM.
@Irina de France
Oh Rofl Irina I love the new title!!!! It's inspired!!! Thanks! Very Happy
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 30 Apr 2018, 11:59 pm

Isn't there something somewhere in the Archives a Tweet about Ben being 'pent-up?'
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 01 May 2018, 12:10 am

snufkin wrote:Isn't there something somewhere in the Archives a Tweet about Ben being 'pent-up?'
@snufkin

Pablo made a crack about it quite some time back.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 01 May 2018, 12:17 am

@ISeeAnIsland It was something in response to a question about his hobbies/free time? Which wasn't "he's into calligraphy and history" but something to the effect that he's pent up, like when he has free time it's spent with his right hand.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 01 May 2018, 7:18 am

Not talking about Rose in a sexual manner here but....what I love about her character is she is so normal! Finn, Rey and Kylo had awful childhoods....despite the tragedy of losing her home and family, Rose knows what its like to love and be loved. Her parents did not abandon her, or reject her. She knew them growing up. She had a loving sister. Her role is amazingly important, she truly is the 'heart' of the group. Love to see it explored more.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 01 May 2018, 5:22 pm

snufkin wrote:Isn't there something somewhere in the Archives a Tweet about Ben being 'pent-up?'
@snufkin

Horny Space Virgins With Issues (aka The "Yes Rey and Kylo Are Totes Virgins" thread) - Page 6 9af90610
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6