Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

+84
twilekempire
madeinmn
Lovely_Rose
tukicarreno
Tex
Darth_marshmallow
geforce100
Let The Past Die
Ynqve
orangedelamer
nickandnora
adamdrivershair
Mana
Helix
Atenais
Armadeus
thescavenger
rawpowah
bashfulblueeyes3
rey09
grimbergen
teltaru
Teo oswald
whisperingwillow
KyleWren
jakkusun
Geralt_Riv
KnightsofReylo_2015
Darth Dingbat
Reylo Lemon
Piper Maru
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
Rimfaxe96
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Socialnole
RKR Connection
Kylo Rey
californiagirl
Starliteprism
Darth Dementor
Rei of Sunshine
AnneNeville
anneb
cherrylipstick
Birdwoman
Acritiqua
DarthRen
MeadowofAshes
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
Little_Boots
Xylo Ren
Good-olio Raeh
PalmettoBlue
Moonlight13
MyOnlyHope
ZioRen
lauvamp
Lily Snape
Night Huntress
AceofWands
Saracene
DeeBee
Kessel
Gemlake
vaderito
Chris24601
Darth_Awakened
Lucina
SkyStar
MrsWindu
BenRey
Reynak
ISeeAnIsland
Kylo Men
SoloSideCousin
CienaRee
shii405
IoJovi
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
snufkin
88 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by MyOnlyHope Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:03 pm

IoJovi wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
lauvamp wrote:What about that?

https://ionlyknow1truth.tumblr.com/post/169740654074/rian-made-a-reference-to-julia-roberts-anna

“The moment where Kylo makes his appeal of “join me” to Rey, and I think Adam captured it so well on that little please he gives at the end, it was important to me that it wasn’t a chess game… [skip a few lines] It’s a very naked, open emotional appeal. It’s his version of, “I’m just a girl standing in front of a guy asking him [to love her], it’s Kylo’s sick evil version of that. But from his perspective, the same way when he tells his version of the story with Luke, I don’t think he’s lying. That’s his experience of that moment. I think he’s telling it honestly.” - Rian Johnson (transcript from The Empire podcast )

Stretcher
@lauvamp
LOL. Tfw Rian references an enemies to lovers rom com. #JustPlatonicThings

Edit: was thinking of the wrong movie lol. This one's just a straight up, typical rom com from what I remember.
@MyOnlyHope

I had to look that quote up because while I recognized it, I couldn't place it.  The movie is Notting Hill with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant.  It's been years since I've seen it but yeah - it's a straight up rom com.  Laughing
@IoJovi
It's still very much the story of a somebody and a nobody who fall in love. Rian must also have been drawing on those parallels. Fantastic stuff.

The scene in question

Last edited by MyOnlyHope on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:04 pm

Let The Past Die wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:okay, a quick few questions and an observation. I'd be grateful if someone can respond... no hurry, though!

What is "ST"? Sorry, indulge me please Smile

@Dar-ren19
I don't think anyone else answered this for you.

ST Sequel Trilogy
OT Original Trilogy
PT Prequel Triology
PG Praetorian Guard.

Hope that helps
@Let The Past Die

Thank you!!! I kept thinking... uhh, ST = Star Trek?! But that can't be LOL.

Yes, makes complete sense Smile thanks again also for the PG.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:06 pm

They are merely platonic "My Little Pony" BFFs!1!1!!11!1

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 39 Giphy

Razz
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm

ZioRen wrote:

https://ionlyknow1truth.tumblr.com/post/169740654074/rian-made-a-reference-to-julia-roberts-anna

“The moment where Kylo makes his appeal of “join me” to Rey, and I think Adam captured it so well on that little please he gives at the end, it was important to me that it wasn’t a chess game… [skip a few lines] It’s a very naked, open emotional appeal. It’s his version of, “I’m just a girl standing in front of a guy asking him [to love her], it’s Kylo’s sick evil version of that. But from his perspective, the same way when he tells his version of the story with Luke, I don’t think he’s lying. That’s his experience of that moment. I think he’s telling it honestly.” - Rian Johnson (transcript from The Empire podcast )

Stretcher
@lauvamp

There's nothing romantic about that at all, nope. Kylo has totally platonic feelings for her. Reylo isn't real yo.

"Sick" and "evil" as it may be, it's difficult and terrifying to make such a raw appeal and bare your soul like that to somebody. It's the absolute worst moment one can possibly be rejected. Thus, the Crait tantrum of the jilted lover.
@ZioRen

One of the reasons that scene really hurts is because it's very real. Heartbreak is universal and we all have been through it at some point in our lives; it truly is devastating. I don't know about other people, but when it happened to me, I looked like a zombie. I felt hopeless, lost, alone. And in that scene it's not just Kylo's heart that is breaking -- Rey is also seeing the future she saw with Ben going through the window.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:20 pm

Piper Maru wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

Stretcher
@lauvamp

There's nothing romantic about that at all, nope. Kylo has totally platonic feelings for her. Reylo isn't real yo.

"Sick" and "evil" as it may be, it's difficult and terrifying to make such a raw appeal and bare your soul like that to somebody. It's the absolute worst moment one can possibly be rejected. Thus, the Crait tantrum of the jilted lover.
@ZioRen

One of the reasons that scene really hurts is because it's very real. Heartbreak is universal and we all have been through it at some point in our lives; it truly is devastating. I don't know about other people, but when it happened to me, I looked like a zombie. I felt hopeless, lost, alone. And in that scene it's not just Kylo's heart that is breaking -- Rey is also seeing the future she saw with Ben going through the window.
@Piper Maru
True.  Sad  Sad  Sad
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:22 pm

@Piper Maru - And in that scene it's not just Kylo's heart that is breaking -- Rey is also seeing the future she saw with Ben going through the window.

Yes! I loved that they were both crying... both reflecting their mutual heartbreak back to each other.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by orangedelamer Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:27 pm

Wow Rian Johnson comparing Reylo to Notting Hill Laughing #Reyloisreal This man is great king

orangedelamer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:34 pm

I have no life confirmed.

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 39 WBmbqjE

(At least a Vanity Fair photo was finally useful for something).
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:37 pm

IoJovi wrote:

Stretcher
@lauvamp

I want to throw this in people’s faces every single time the begging or gaslighting drivel is brought up.  This is such an incredibly beautiful, layered scene and to bring those two false analogies into play just makes it something it isn’t.  Ben is so vulnerable in this scene and his heartbreak at Rey’s rejection is completely on his sleeve.  Rian’s words coincide with my own interpretation completely, and you’ll have to pry that out of my cold dead hands...

Thank you for sharing this!!!  cheers
@IoJovi

Just like they coincided with our interpretation of TFA.  Very Happy   But yes, this reading of the scene is infinitely better than the "he was manipulating/gaslighting her into joining the dark side" which we've already seen through Vader/Luke. It adds a real layer of heartbreak and in turn converts it into something more nuanced. The "please" (which villain says please?!?) and Kylo's gulp and tears should have been enough to clue people in, but I guess not. And Rian compared it to a love declaration, guess they've been given the all clear to not hide it anymore.

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:42 pm

Wow, I am just so shocked that our interpretations are once again lining up with the film. /sarcasm

Meanwhile the anti interpretations already based on incorrect TFA interpretations are like:

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 39 Broken-record-gif-1

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 39 Tumblr_m2swvoUIqa1ro4wwe

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 39 Tumblr_nld7uydvGv1qekaf5o1_500

FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:03 pm

You can't reference that scene from Notting Hill and expect anyone to think that Reylo is platonic or doomed. Poor antis, must be tiring to be so wrong.

First the Godfather reference and now this. What's next? J.J. comparing Kylo to Mr Darcy?
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:07 pm

I'm hoping for Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight comparisons next. Daisy and Adam are great at making me interested in their banter just like Ethan and Julie Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:12 pm

I literally saw a twitter thread from an anti yesterday on how the throne room scene was abusive/manipulative etc. Guess that can now go in the trash where it belongs. Rian always coming through!

@Ynqve From twitter: "My new favorite thing is LFL employees comparing Kylo to women of cinema. First Kay in Godfather, now Anna in Notting Hill."
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:14 pm

That's hilarious because the director of Moonlight, oh just the guy who won best picture and screenplay last year, was drunk Tweeting his seatmate on a flight watching Notting Hill. Very timely reference for a film nerd to make! Also does this mean IX will open up with Mitaka or Hux as Ren's quirky roommate and he has a musical montage sequence of "Life Without Rey" set to an old soul classic?

Will Rey pretend to be a reporter for Falthier and Porg magazine and sneak into a First Order press conference at the finale to declare her love for him?

@Piper Maru Hut Scene?

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:19 pm

Kylo probably says it best when he says nothing at all. Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:21 pm

@snufkin

That one and this one are totally a mix up of the Hut/Elevator scenes.

Now I want Rey singing Nina Simone to Kylo!

Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:24 pm

@Piper Maru Oh God, Ben is going to be Celine in that scene when he and Rey have their big heart-to-heart in IX about how they had that moment in the Throne Room and then she left him.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:32 pm

@MyOnlyHope TOO AWESOME™️
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:32 pm

I love that TLJ has only been out for a month and LF have already abandoned all subtlety when it comes to Reylo. I thought they'd wait until we're close to IX before being this open about it.

Rey and Kylo are 100 % going to get a romantic placement on IX's poster. I didn't think they would but based on how LF are talking about them this early it's clear that they know that this ship and characters are popular af, they're going to want to use that to market IX.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:54 pm

@Ynqve I agree. I think LF know where the $$ are at... this kind of chemistry is VERY HARD to come by, especially in blockbusters. And it's clear they don't want to waste it. They will write everything else around it so as to keep the fanboys in, but the GA and people like us are already onboard and they know that WoM will build as time goes by.

If they're clever, they will give the Finn/Rose pairing its due prominence... or some such innocuous, safe, easily digestible pairing... but the focus will be on reylo.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:11 pm

I'm so here for the Reylo romantic placement in the IX poster. Give me all those historical romance poses. Heck, put the two of them on the promo poster too.

I want LF to go all out and have no chill.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:18 pm

@Ynqve First we saw Kylo depicted as a hovering masked mystery, his weapon aligned to Rey's, a sphere of light intertwining their hearts, and looking off with her in the same direction. Then we saw them positioned back to back as equals guarding each other against the world.

I would love for them to be depicted facing each other in profile surrounded by both sides of the war in a state of battle on IX's poster, either looking directly into each other's eyes with conflict or possibly bowing their heads as the war is waged around them. IMO the idea of the Jedi Killer vs. the Last Jedi (including the conflicted feelings between them) is going to be hugely played up.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:29 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:@Ynqve First we saw Kylo depicted as a hovering masked mystery, his weapon aligned to Rey's, a sphere of light intertwining their hearts, and looking off with her in the same direction. Then we saw them positioned back to back as equals guarding each other against the world.

I would love for them to be depicted facing each other in profile surrounded by both sides of the war in a state of battle on IX's poster, either looking directly into each other's eyes with conflict or possibly bowing their heads as the war is waged around them. IMO the idea of the Jedi Killer vs. the Last Jedi (including the conflicted feelings between them) is going to be hugely played up.
@MyOnlyHope

Same. That's roughly how I picture it at the moment (spoiler cause images are quite big):

Spoiler:

Tbh, I don't really expect a poster with any type of typical romantic postures a la Attack of the Clones or ESB, that just doesn't fit the state of their relationship right now. I imagine something alluding to the final epic clash of the two sides with Rey and Kylo at the centre of it all, the two symbolic leaders of the light and the dark. It will 100% still emphasize their connection and intertwined destinies, I just think it'll give off more of an epic final battle feel, representing their climactic encounter, similar to TLJ where the poster directly pointed to them fighting side by side.
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:45 pm

So I can't believe Rian said Kylo was asking Rey out

Oh wait

Yes I can

(and they're totally gonna be facing/staring at each other on IX's poster)
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:52 pm

They're definitely open about Reylo when it comes to Kylo's side of things, but I get an impression that, just like in the film, they're going to sidestep the question of where Rey's real feelings are at.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next