Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

+84
twilekempire
madeinmn
Lovely_Rose
tukicarreno
Tex
Darth_marshmallow
geforce100
Let The Past Die
Ynqve
orangedelamer
nickandnora
adamdrivershair
Mana
Helix
Atenais
Armadeus
thescavenger
rawpowah
bashfulblueeyes3
rey09
grimbergen
teltaru
Teo oswald
whisperingwillow
KyleWren
jakkusun
Geralt_Riv
KnightsofReylo_2015
Darth Dingbat
Reylo Lemon
Piper Maru
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
Rimfaxe96
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Socialnole
RKR Connection
Kylo Rey
californiagirl
Starliteprism
Darth Dementor
Rei of Sunshine
AnneNeville
anneb
cherrylipstick
Birdwoman
Acritiqua
DarthRen
MeadowofAshes
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
Little_Boots
Xylo Ren
Good-olio Raeh
PalmettoBlue
Moonlight13
MyOnlyHope
ZioRen
lauvamp
Lily Snape
Night Huntress
AceofWands
Saracene
DeeBee
Kessel
Gemlake
vaderito
Chris24601
Darth_Awakened
Lucina
SkyStar
MrsWindu
BenRey
Reynak
ISeeAnIsland
Kylo Men
SoloSideCousin
CienaRee
shii405
IoJovi
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
snufkin
88 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by Ynqve Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:00 pm

MindAndMagic wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:@Ynqve First we saw Kylo depicted as a hovering masked mystery, his weapon aligned to Rey's, a sphere of light intertwining their hearts, and looking off with her in the same direction. Then we saw them positioned back to back as equals guarding each other against the world.

I would love for them to be depicted facing each other in profile surrounded by both sides of the war in a state of battle on IX's poster, either looking directly into each other's eyes with conflict or possibly bowing their heads as the war is waged around them. IMO the idea of the Jedi Killer vs. the Last Jedi (including the conflicted feelings between them) is going to be hugely played up.
@MyOnlyHope

Same. That's roughly how I picture it at the momen (spoiler cause images are quite big):

Spoiler:

Tbh, I don't really expect a poster with any type of typical romantic postures a ala Attack of the Clones or ESB, that just doesn't fit the state of their relationship at the moment. I imagine something alluding to the final epic clash of the two sides with Rey and Kylo at the centre of it all, the two symbolic leaders of the light and the dark. It will 100% still emphasize their connection and intertwined destinies, I just think it'll give off more of an epic final battle feel, representing their climactic encounter, similar to TLJ where the poster directly pointed to them fighting side by side.
@MindAndMagic

I would be very surprised if they aren't facing each other this time. They'll be holding their ignited lightsabers, looking at each other with pure longing while surrounded by their respective allies. Star-crossed lovers, not archenemies, but still leaders of the opposing sides. Angsty and romantic, as it should be!
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:28 pm

Piper Maru wrote:@snufkin

That one and this one are totally a mix up of the Hut/Elevator scenes.

Now I want Rey singing Nina Simone to Kylo!

@Piper Maru

My favorite movie line of all time is Celine's "Baby, you are going to miss that plane" at the end of Before Sunset. IMO, it's pretty much the most romantic line ever, with the various layers involved in the build-up to that moment.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:47 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:@snufkin

That one and this one are totally a mix up of the Hut/Elevator scenes.

Now I want Rey singing Nina Simone to Kylo!

@Piper Maru

My favorite movie line of all time is Celine's "Baby, you are going to miss that plane" at the end of Before Sunset. IMO, it's pretty much the most romantic line ever, with the various layers involved in the build-up to that moment.
@ISeeAnIsland
The most romantic line in film is Casper's "Can I keep you?" after he becomes a real boy and attends the dance.

Fite me.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:54 pm

Ynqve wrote:
MindAndMagic wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:@Ynqve First we saw Kylo depicted as a hovering masked mystery, his weapon aligned to Rey's, a sphere of light intertwining their hearts, and looking off with her in the same direction. Then we saw them positioned back to back as equals guarding each other against the world.

I would love for them to be depicted facing each other in profile surrounded by both sides of the war in a state of battle on IX's poster, either looking directly into each other's eyes with conflict or possibly bowing their heads as the war is waged around them. IMO the idea of the Jedi Killer vs. the Last Jedi (including the conflicted feelings between them) is going to be hugely played up.
@MyOnlyHope

Same. That's roughly how I picture it at the momen (spoiler cause images are quite big):

Spoiler:

Tbh, I don't really expect a poster with any type of typical romantic postures a ala Attack of the Clones or ESB, that just doesn't fit the state of their relationship at the moment. I imagine something alluding to the final epic clash of the two sides with Rey and Kylo at the centre of it all, the two symbolic leaders of the light and the dark. It will 100% still emphasize their connection and intertwined destinies, I just think it'll give off more of an epic final battle feel, representing their climactic encounter, similar to TLJ where the poster directly pointed to them fighting side by side.
@MindAndMagic

I would be very surprised if they aren't facing each other this time. They'll be holding their ignited lightsabers, looking at each other with pure longing while surrounded by their respective allies. Star-crossed lovers, not archenemies, but still leaders of the opposing sides. Angsty and romantic, as it should be!
@Ynqve

Lord I can’t wait for this. I picture it as conveying a combination of both star crossed lovers AND enemies on opposite sides on the poster. I expect both of their expressions to convey both a mix of longing and anger simultaneously.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 15 Jan 2018, 5:03 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
MindAndMagic wrote:

@MyOnlyHope

Spoiler:

@MindAndMagic

@Ynqve

Lord I can’t wait for this. I picture it as conveying a combination of both star crossed lovers AND enemies on opposite sides on the poster. I expect both of their expressions to convey both a mix of longing and anger simultaneously.
@IoJovi

It'll either be that or Sad Puppy Renporer vs. You're Sleeping on the Couch Rey.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 15 Jan 2018, 6:05 pm

Rian Johnson said on the podcast that when he's writing characters, he tries to be fair and go with the most generous interpretation of their motivations possible.

Edit: Forgot to add, he hammered the final nail in the Reywalker coffin by saying that it would have been too boring and easy for her to be related to this or that character.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 15 Jan 2018, 9:22 pm

Thought this was a relevant comment about the type of story being told as a predominantly female centered genre, the gothic romance. Quote is about GdT's Crimson Peak, which we've discussed before

Horror comes in many guises. Psychological, violent, gothic, sure. But rarely – in contemporary culture – romantic. Romance (in the modern sense of the word) doesn’t tend to crop up in much modern horror, or in gothic garb – and when it does, it is frequently looked down on, and labelled a perversion.

Take Twilight. Both the books and their (female) readers were derided as lacking credibility. Although an inheritor of the tradition of the gothic dating back to the 18th century, it faced criticism in a contemporary culture for whom the word “romance” has come to signify cliché and naivety, lacking artistic credibility. Twilight was sidelined, considered unauthentically gothic in attempt to bolster the genre’s reputation.

The same is true of Guillermo del Toro’s keenly anticipated film, Crimson Peak. Indeed, Forbes’ review suggests that it is little better than Twilight, so disappointed are they with the film’s lack of horror. What Crimson Peak reminds us, though, is that gothic romance is the originator of modern horror: gothic and romance are inextricably related.

This might sound horrific, but critics remain divided as to the legitimacy of the film as a piece of gothic horror. For Digital Spy, it is the fact that the film is so overtly a romance – and not horror – that renders it a failure. What these reviews reveal is a split in our cultural consciousness between forms of fiction deemed masculine (horror), and those deemed feminine (romance). But Crimson Peak divides critics precisely because it presents an ambiguous mixture of both: it refuses to entirely disavow the feminine in favour of the masculine. And this is its triumph.

In 18th century gothic it is possible to identify female tropes (entrapment and incarceration) alongside male ones (exile and isolation) in the same works. Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein – a classic work of masculine gothic focusing on the transgressions of the anti-hero – is also intimately concerned with the feminine in its exploration of motherhood and familial relationships.

Crimson Peak’s portrayal of the sinister Sharpe family contains the tropes of monstrosity and transgression that are associated with the “masculine” gothic. But Crimson Peak also explores what Kate Ferguson Ellis dubs the “female gothic”; a story concerned with the way female subjects are incarcerated and confined by the repressive ideologies and structures of patriarchal society. The horror of Crimson Peak lies as much in its exploration of the characters’ emotions, in its “feminine” concerns, as in its depiction of gruesome violence and sexual transgression.

Female horror
Initially, Crimson Peak is a little squeamish about the idea of romance. Edith writes ghost stories but does not want to be seen as a women’s writer and baulks at the idea of inserting a romance plot into her manuscript. She also rejects the idea of romance for herself, reminding friends that Jane Austen died a spinster and Shelley a widow.

Some critics have found that the subsequent romance between Edith and Thomas somewhat stilted, but this is the point. The unsatisfying interactions between Thomas and Edith reveal the film’s feminine concerns: Edith’s arrival at the rotting Allerdale Hall brings with it a sickening sense of regret and dismay as she realises that not only is she trapped in the crumbling castle, but that she has fatally misjudged her lover’s intentions and feelings.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 15 Jan 2018, 10:45 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
lauvamp wrote:What about that?

https://ionlyknow1truth.tumblr.com/post/169740654074/rian-made-a-reference-to-julia-roberts-anna

“The moment where Kylo makes his appeal of “join me” to Rey, and I think Adam captured it so well on that little please he gives at the end, it was important to me that it wasn’t a chess game… [skip a few lines] It’s a very naked, open emotional appeal. It’s his version of, “I’m just a girl standing in front of a guy asking him [to love her], it’s Kylo’s sick evil version of that. But from his perspective, the same way when he tells his version of the story with Luke, I don’t think he’s lying. That’s his experience of that moment. I think he’s telling it honestly.” - Rian Johnson (transcript from The Empire podcast )

Stretcher
@lauvamp
LOL. Tfw Rian references an enemies to lovers rom com. #JustPlatonicThings

Edit: was thinking of the wrong movie lol. This one's just a straight up, typical rom com from what I remember.
@MyOnlyHope

I had to look that quote up because while I recognized it, I couldn't place it.  The movie is Notting Hill with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant.  It's been years since I've seen it but yeah - it's a straight up rom com.  Laughing
@IoJovi
It's still very much the story of a somebody and a nobody who fall in love. Rian must also have been drawing on those parallels. Fantastic stuff.

The scene in question
@MyOnlyHope

Keeping away from this forum is soooo hard today with sooooo much good stuff happening!!!!!!!

Does this mean in IX Rey will be rushing to gatecrash a press conference where the galaxy gets to interview the supreme leader Kylo and she will tell basically the universe that she's changed her mind?! haaaa
Will we get a kooky car spaceship chase where Finn, Rose and Poe help Rey to break in there and make her declaration?
[the apricots in honey can be the real low point Wink ]

And where does Lady Catherine De Bourgh fit in with all this?

tee hee..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 11:05 pm

Omg I want to see Poe, Finn, Rose, Hux faces if there will be a public Reylo(either one) love declaration LOL
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 11:14 pm

I found interesting Japanese fan observation about the Force Bond scenes.
https://twitter.com/ie31c/status/952914542471757826

FB 1: Sitting down. Rey and Kylo were sitting, Kylo was on a med chair, Rey was on a stone bed(?)
FB 2: Rain. Rey was under MF in the middle of rain. Kylo's face wet with rain.
FB 3: Night and bare. It was dark at night on Rey's side. Kylo was shirtless.
FB 4: They were sitting, raining outside at night, after Rey went into the dark hole and Kylo's hand was gloveless.

Maybe its just a coincidence but I find these details interesting Very Happy
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 16 Jan 2018, 1:51 am

Saracene wrote:They're definitely open about Reylo when it comes to Kylo's side of things, but I get an impression that, just like in the film, they're going to sidestep the question of where Rey's real feelings are at.
@Saracene

Yes, that’s true. I still think she does have some kind of feelings for him that could develop into love, but it’s not quite there yet. He’s further along. I think the resolution of her feelings will be left for Episode IX. I can’t see him being the only one struggling with their feelings though. Even though she “closed the door” on him, I think we’re supposed to wonder what’s going on in her head...

She’s the one with the power in the dynamic and she’s the protagonist so whatever happens between them, it’ll be up to her. We already know he has feelings for her and he has to change if he wants any chance of being with her, but I think he’s going to struggle with some denial of his feelings and possibly anger in the beginning of Epsiode IX. I could see her thinking she doesn’t care, but something happens that causes her to realize she actually does care for him.

There’s just too much potential for good drama in them having feelings for each other and being on opposite sides. I don’t think only Kylo having feelings for her does it; that makes it too easy for Rey and gives him all the emotional complexity. She needs to be a more active part of that.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Tue 16 Jan 2018, 11:56 am

@Kessel

Yes. Definitely the (dreamy) way that she looks at him shows there's something there, but probably, she didn't think much about the nature of these feelings beyond her good intentions (saving his soul, luring him to help the Resistance etc). I think now she is in the middle of the road. So, I also hope episode IX will explore this aspect.
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 16 Jan 2018, 11:53 pm

shii405 wrote:I found interesting Japanese fan observation about the Force Bond scenes.
https://twitter.com/ie31c/status/952914542471757826

FB 1: Sitting down. Rey and Kylo were sitting, Kylo was on a med chair, Rey was on a stone bed(?)
FB 2: Rain. Rey was under MF in the middle of rain. Kylo's face wet with rain.
FB 3: Night and bare. It was dark at night on Rey's side. Kylo was shirtless.
FB 4: They were sitting, raining outside at night, after Rey went into the dark hole and Kylo's hand was gloveless.

Maybe its just a coincidence but I find these details interesting Very Happy
@shii405

Very interesting shii405!
At the start of FB 2 - water was raining down in front of Rey..
and sparks were raining down in front of Kylo.
I thought that was too much of a coincidence to not be deliberate Smile A nice tie in..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Tue 16 Jan 2018, 11:56 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:The notable thing about door closing symbolism is it implies the door can (and will) be opened again. It's not a permanent thing like, say, burning down a house. It's like the dice disappearing from Ren's hand -- their disappearance serves to give him the impression the opportunity at being a pair has slipped through his fingers, but the dice didn't completely fade from existence. They still exist, and probably in the Falcon assuming Luke hung them back up rather than pocketing them.

Anyway... Godfather is a good example of door closing symbolism being used. So is Gone With the Wind. Rhett slams the door in Scarlett's face at the end (and deservedly so), and she has a mini breakdown, but resolves to get him back because "after all, tomorrow is another day". (As an aside, Scarlett O'Hara is characterized similarly to Ben Solo with her emotional volatility, seductive appeal, and resilience.)

Back to Godfather, I found this tidbit about Michael and Kay and thought it was amusing. Full write-up at http://godfather.wikia.com/wiki/Kay_Adams

"However, after Michael promises to make the Corleone family completely legitimate within five years, Kay agrees to marry him in 1951, understanding that there were certain parts of his life that they couldn't share. Due to Michael's marriage to Apollonia taking place entirely in Sicily, Kay is apparently unaware that Michael was a widower when he returned to America. She did, however, notice that he was somewhat rougher in bed when they had sex. "

Rough in bed God-Renperor, canon. lol!
@MeadowofAshes

Let's not forget TFA ended with Kylo beating up Finn, Rey's first real (and at that point only) friend in the entire world; killing his dad in front of her;  and capturing her as a prisoner of war, culminating with her slashing his face.  After all that, In the middle of the following film they're holding hands and she's telling him he's not alone because he has her; attacks Luke, the most powerful living Jedi because he hurt Ben.  And then our heroine goes into the very heart of darkness to rescue him and bring Ben back with her.   I would say ignoring his "Skype" call seems a little less extreme than the last time they parted ways in Episode VII.  Laughing
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Wed 17 Jan 2018, 1:31 am

Fun Fact: Rey has only shown her tears (cries) in front of Kylo Ren.

True?

Not sure of my memory.
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 17 Jan 2018, 1:55 am

shii405 wrote:Fun Fact: Rey has only shown her tears (cries) in front of Kylo Ren.

True?

Not sure of my memory.
@shii405

And Maz in TFA.

-------

http://www.reyloskyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=788
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40