Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+72
Gemlake
Ynqve
LadyHa
Blood Moon
nickandnora
Teo oswald
lauvamp
giaciak2
Kyla Ren
Starliteprism
Riri
twilekempire
12 Parsnips
Moonjump05
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
Darth Rowan
Let The Past Die
MyOnlyHope
teltaru
cherrylipstick
Tex
adamdrivershair
special_cases
Acritiqua
Lily Snape
Geralt_Riv
MindAndMagic
kroi
Night Huntress
Lucina
Xylo Ren
ReyloSpanishFan
snufkin
Kylo Rey
rey09
SkyStar
EchoBase
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Cowgirlsamurai
SanghaRen
thescavenger
Irina de France
Saracene
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
californiagirl
TheLastJedi
shii405
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
MeadowofAshes
whisperingwillow
Piper Maru
Reylo Lemon
Rei of Sunshine
Moonlight13
Armadeus
Atenais
Mana
Birdwoman
unicorn
BenRey
CienaRee
Little_Boots
DarthRen
reylo1992
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
vaderito
76 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 40 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by special_cases Tue 13 Feb 2018, 3:08 pm

JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson. Two halves of the Prime Reylo.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 13 Feb 2018, 3:15 pm

It's funny how humble and diplomatic Rian is. Like, he clearly KNOWS that Reylo is the backbone of the story, knows what he told JJ and what JJ told him. But because he *ultimately* isn't the final person writing it (and it's not like he's going to be hanging over their shoulder as they do) he's being so judicious about the process and what JJ might do. I feel like he's like us in that he's like 99.9999% certain how he's going to finish the story but since he can't come out and say it and since he doesn't control the writers, he's just like "well it's up to JJ and Chris!" But secretly he knows that unless they're total morons their visions will match up.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 13 Feb 2018, 3:24 pm

nickandnora wrote:It's funny how humble and diplomatic Rian is. Like, he clearly KNOWS that Reylo is the backbone of the story, knows what he told JJ and what JJ told him. But because he *ultimately* isn't the final person writing it (and it's not like he's going to be hanging over their shoulder as they do) he's being so judicious about the process and what JJ might do. I feel like he's like us in that he's like 99.9999% certain how he's going to finish the story but since he can't come out and say it and since he doesn't control the writers, he's just like "well it's up to JJ and Chris!" But secretly he knows that unless they're total morons their visions will match up.
@nickandnora

Oh you can bet Rian knows more about IX than he’s letting on. Which is why I get super giddy whenever I read these type stuff of quotes. I get excited about this trilogy all over again!

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 13 Feb 2018, 3:26 pm

IoJovi wrote:
nickandnora wrote:It's funny how humble and diplomatic Rian is. Like, he clearly KNOWS that Reylo is the backbone of the story, knows what he told JJ and what JJ told him. But because he *ultimately* isn't the final person writing it (and it's not like he's going to be hanging over their shoulder as they do) he's being so judicious about the process and what JJ might do. I feel like he's like us in that he's like 99.9999% certain how he's going to finish the story but since he can't come out and say it and since he doesn't control the writers, he's just like "well it's up to JJ and Chris!" But secretly he knows that unless they're total morons their visions will match up.
@nickandnora

Oh you can bet Rian knows more about IX than he’s letting on. Which is why I get super giddy whenever I read these type stuff of quotes. I get excited about this trilogy all over again!

@IoJovi

I think he does too. I don't believe him when he says he's purely a normal audience member in regards to how much he knows about where the story will go. He'll likely know a lot about IX early on in its process too after how closely he's worked with J.J. They'll probably fill him in early.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 13 Feb 2018, 3:33 pm

I don't remember Rian actually saying he knows nothing about the future of the storyline. He's been sneakier than that, prefacing everything with "this is just my opinion" without referencing how much he does or doesn't know. I interpreted "I'm an audience member now" as "I'm not in the director's chair and am no longer writing the story", not "I know nothing about what's going to happen."
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 13 Feb 2018, 3:39 pm

ZioRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@nickandnora

@IoJovi

I think he does too. I don't believe him when he says he's purely a normal audience member in regards to how much he knows about where the story will go. He'll likely know a lot about IX early on in its process too after how closely he's worked with J.J. They'll probably fill him in early.
@ZioRen

exactly, actors also have a general track of the entire trilogy Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 13 Feb 2018, 3:50 pm

Teo oswald wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
nickandnora wrote:It's funny how humble and diplomatic Rian is. Like, he clearly KNOWS that Reylo is the backbone of the story, knows what he told JJ and what JJ told him. But because he *ultimately* isn't the final person writing it (and it's not like he's going to be hanging over their shoulder as they do) he's being so judicious about the process and what JJ might do. I feel like he's like us in that he's like 99.9999% certain  how he's going to finish the story but since he can't come out and say it and since he doesn't control the writers, he's just like "well it's up to JJ and Chris!" But secretly he knows that unless they're total morons their visions will match up.
@nickandnora

Oh you can bet Rian knows more about IX than he’s letting on.  Which is why I get super giddy whenever I read these type stuff of quotes.  I get excited about this trilogy all over again!

@IoJovi

@ZioRen

@Teo oswald
Adam has some idea, but I don't think the others do. Not John or Oscar or Kelly, anyway. Daisy... maybe? At least the general "coming-of-age of a female Jedi" arc, but I suspect Adam was the only actor who knew where he was going when they were filming TFA. But that's just because of the character he's playing. Kylo had a backstory and other plot elements that were being hinted at in TFA that weren't revealed until VIII (plus he's the last Skywalker in the Skywalker saga).
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 13 Feb 2018, 4:03 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
nickandnora wrote:It's funny how humble and diplomatic Rian is. Like, he clearly KNOWS that Reylo is the backbone of the story, knows what he told JJ and what JJ told him. But because he *ultimately* isn't the final person writing it (and it's not like he's going to be hanging over their shoulder as they do) he's being so judicious about the process and what JJ might do. I feel like he's like us in that he's like 99.9999% certain  how he's going to finish the story but since he can't come out and say it and since he doesn't control the writers, he's just like "well it's up to JJ and Chris!" But secretly he knows that unless they're total morons their visions will match up.
@nickandnora

Oh you can bet Rian knows more about IX than he’s letting on.  Which is why I get super giddy whenever I read these type stuff of quotes.  I get excited about this trilogy all over again!

@IoJovi

@ZioRen

@Teo oswald
Adam has some idea, but I don't think the others do. Not John or Oscar or Kelly, anyway. Daisy... maybe? At least the general "coming-of-age of a female Jedi" arc, but I suspect Adam was the only actor who knew where he was going when they were filming TFA. But that's just because of the character he's playing. Kylo had a backstory and other plot elements that were being hinted at in TFA that weren't revealed until VIII (plus he's the last Skywalker in the Skywalker saga).
@FrolickingFizzgig

There's two things combined that *slightly* makes me think Daisy might know something. There's the "Colin Trevorrow told her what happens to Rey at the end of the trilogy" rumour in combination with her saying that she doesn't think she'd like to return as Rey in future Star Wars films. For her to even say the latter suggests that she knows there's some kind of resolution that's not completely open-ended such that she *could* plausibly think: "OK, that's a good place to leave it."

I mean, neither of those suppositions on my part are in any way concrete, but it's food for thought anyway

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 13 Feb 2018, 4:09 pm

Rian's been very diplomatic regardless of who was doing IX and even if the entire lawsuit/California Labor Dispute with his former agent (who sued him for $$$ over TLJ b/c he claimed that he got fired after establishing the line of discussion with LF) is resolved, it's just a smart choice in general. Avoids getting pestered by both the media and fans, who will jump on any comment.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 13 Feb 2018, 4:17 pm

nickandnora wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@nickandnora

@IoJovi

@ZioRen

@Teo oswald
@FrolickingFizzgig

There's two things combined that *slightly* makes me think Daisy might know something. There's the "Colin Trevorrow told her what happens to Rey at the end of the trilogy" rumour in combination with her saying that she doesn't think she'd like to return as Rey in future Star Wars films. For her to even say the latter suggests that she knows there's some kind of resolution that's not completely open-ended such that she *could* plausibly think: "OK, that's a good place to leave it."

I mean, neither of those suppositions on my part are in any way concrete, but it's food for thought anyway
@nickandnora

Daisy has also long claimed that she's known who Rey's parents were since the beginning of filming (or some early timeframe like that). So, even if Rian was the one to ultimately decide on who Rey's parents were, he communicated that to JJ and/or Rey no later than the start of production for TFA.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Tue 13 Feb 2018, 4:19 pm

nickandnora wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@nickandnora

@IoJovi

@ZioRen

@Teo oswald
@FrolickingFizzgig

@nickandnora

That was based off of Trevorrow's old screenplay. JJ and Terrio wrote the new script.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 13 Feb 2018, 4:19 pm

BenRey wrote:
nickandnora wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@nickandnora

@IoJovi

@ZioRen

@Teo oswald
@FrolickingFizzgig

@nickandnora

That was based off of Trevorrow's old screenplay. JJ and Terrio wrote the new script.
@BenRey

I know. Doesn't matter. I'm betting that particular plot point is the same.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 13 Feb 2018, 5:21 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@nickandnora

@IoJovi

@ZioRen

@Teo oswald
@FrolickingFizzgig

Adam knows his arc. When asked about him having any idea of what TPTB want to do with Kylo in episode 9, he said he has "a general sense about it":

He's been notified of specifics and key things in advance in order to convince him not only to join SW (when KK and JJ asked him) but also to help his performance. Daisy has also said that JJ told her about Rey's parents on one of the first days of shooting in Abu Dhabi. But agreed, Adam seems to know the most from all of the actors. I mean, Oscar Isaac had to beg JJ not to kill Poe off in TFA and I doubt John Boyega knows much more about Finn's fate.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 13 Feb 2018, 5:36 pm

TLJ Digital release is March 14th:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 40 Img_0238
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost