Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Technical Issues

+41
Saracene
Tex
AceofWands
BB-Rey
Cowgirlsamurai
MrsWindu
californiagirl
IoJovi
Irina de France
special_cases
Starliteprism
rawpowah
12 Parsnips
Night Huntress
Kylo Rey
Let The Past Die
ZioRen
snufkin
SkyStar
giaciak2
Darth Rowan
DeeBee
rey09
Birdwoman
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_Awakened
SheLitAFire
Kessel
EchoBase
Sylvia Snow
Reylo Lemon
Kylo Ren
MoonlitMoss
guardienne
AnneNeville
Force22
RKR Connection
ISeeAnIsland
Queen Rey
MissHarper
Ohtze
45 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Technical Issues - Page 6 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 01 Apr 2018, 7:28 pm

special_cases wrote:
Wow I didn't know that you can see who liked your post!!!
@special_cases

Yup, with our old system you would get a notification once someone liked your post. Are your notifications enabled? PM me and I can explain how to look at your likes.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 01 Apr 2018, 8:20 pm

Thank you mods for the updates!

*goes on a like binge*
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 05 Apr 2018, 3:03 pm

Has the option to change to desktop site when on mobile disappeared for anyone else? The three lines at the top right have vanished on my mobile. I have to force it to request the desktop site, but not all the images and icons load properly.

EDIT: Never mind, it's back and working.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 09 Apr 2018, 1:33 pm

Anybody else getting this site blocked when they’re on a work/school network? It’s flagged as phishing.Can still use my phone but I found that odd, just happened over the weekend. Of course my coworkers also access the Sims and talk about it at work because they play with each other, so it feels like it’s more a security than productivity block.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 09 Apr 2018, 3:12 pm

snufkin wrote:Anybody else getting this site blocked when they’re on a work/school network? It’s flagged as phishing.Can still use my phone but I found that odd, just happened over the weekend. Of course my coworkers also access the Sims and talk about it at work because they play with each other, so it feels like it’s more a security than productivity block.
@snufkin

I've had that problem too. For some reason, when I go to Tim Hortons, I can't go on the forum using the Tim Hortons wifi because the forum is flagged as "adult content". It's weird, since our forum is supposedly family-friendly Laughing
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 09 Apr 2018, 3:40 pm

@Irina de France Well now I’m gonna have to go to Dunkin Donuts to see if they also block this board! It’s so weird bc I see people all the time gaming or watching Netflix on the network here.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Mon 09 Apr 2018, 7:13 pm

@Irina de France, @snufkin - is this issue happening on different browsers? Like Safari, Chrome?
If so, can one of you send me a screenshot of the message you're getting, so we can have our IT look at it? Thanks!
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 09 Apr 2018, 9:07 pm

@Darth Rowan I'll send you a specific screenshot when I'm back at work tomorrow. However I suspect it's probably to do with this message I'm getting from Firefox:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/insecure-password-warning-firefox?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

Insecure password warning in Firefox

Firefox will display a lock icon with red strike-through red strikethrough icon in the address bar when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password, it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.

Starting in Firefox version 52, you will also see a warning message when you click inside the login box to enter a username or password.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

How to troubleshoot the error code "SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER" on secure websites

On websites which are supposed to be secure (the URL begins with "https://"), Firefox must verify that the certificate presented by the website is valid. If the certificate cannot be validated, Firefox will stop the connection to the website and show a "Your connection is not secure" error message instead.

What is weird is that when I'm on my network at home using Chrome, I can't see images or access the Image Bucket plug-in to upload items. No idea why that's happening.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 10 Apr 2018, 9:05 pm

Here's the error message I've been getting. Like @Irina de France with Timmy Horton's, it's a web blocker.

Technical Issues - Page 6 Captur60

Also FWIW, I get this message in the top left URL tab for Chrome:

Your connection to this site is not secure

Check if a site's connection is secure

My guess would be that the URL isn't https so it's flagged by Firewall and blocking software as insecure.

Google Sets Deadline for HTTPS and Warns Publishers to Upgrade Soon

The State of HTTPS in 2017
What is HTTPS?

HTTPS, standing for HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure, is the internet standard for secure communication via web browser.

Whereas any data transferred by HTTP is open for anyone to see, HTTPS uses a security layer called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to add end-to-end encryption, meaning only your computer and the web server you’re contacting can decipher the data.

This has three security benefits:

Privacy: Encryption means that no third party can “listen” to your conversations, track your activities, or steal your information.
   Data integrity: Modifying or corrupting data during transfer will cause an error in decryption, meaning no changes can be made without detection.
   Authentication: Successful decryption proves that you are communicating with the genuine site, preventing “man-in-the-middle attacks” and building user trust.

Why Does It Matter?

HTTPS is Google’s vision for a secure web – but why should you bother if you haven’t yet?

As de facto rulers of everything online, Google has decided to “soft launch” their plan by adding HTTPS as a ranking signal. Think of it as the “carrot” approach.

Exactly how much of a boost will you get? Google webmaster guidelines from 2014 state:

“For now it’s only a very lightweight signal — affecting fewer than 1 percent of global queries, and carrying less weight than other signals such as high-quality content — while we give webmasters time to switch to HTTPS.”

The upshot of this is that although switching to HTTPS isn’t going to shoot you straight to the top of Page 1, in instances where you are closely competing for a keyword, adding HTTPS is likely to give that page the nudge it needs to outrank its non-secure counterpart.

With a few years of data behind us, there’s actual proof of this. In an analysis of 1 million search results, Backlinko found that HTTPS has a reasonably strong correlation with first page Google rankings.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Wed 11 Apr 2018, 9:42 am

I've been getting similar messages to you, @snufkin. It started last night on my regular Chrome browser I use. It wouldn't let me load the forum or anything. I'm not sure rather my current log in is temporary or not but I'm also experiencing this.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Thu 12 Apr 2018, 12:27 am

BB-Rey wrote:I've been getting similar messages to you, @snufkin. It started last night on my regular Chrome browser I use. It wouldn't let me load the forum or anything. I'm not sure rather my current log in is temporary or not but I'm also experiencing this.

Thanks for the update, guys. Will look into it and get back to you soon.

@BB-Rey, when you posted this message it was with Chrome?
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Thu 12 Apr 2018, 1:00 am

Update: we have just installed an SSL certificate for our page. This means that the connection to our site's server is now secure, so we should no longer be receiving error messages. We've also renewed our ad blocker services and have upgraded to premium support from our platform, so hopefully we can continue to improve our site. Thank you for your patience!

We are still trying to get our "Likes" notifications back - stay tuned.

@snufkin, @Irina de France, @BB-rey: please check when you get the chance whether your issues loading the page are still ongoing or resolved and let us know how it's going. Thanks!
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:05 am

@Darth Rowan, It was. I was using desktop mode and now I'm getting a similar message on mobile Chrome browser when loading directly. Thankfully I found a way to bypass it with the saved draft but loading directly onto the site isn't working and neither is the ability to send a screenshot.

Here's what it says though.

This site can’t be reached

reylo.skyforum.net’s server DNS address could not be found.
Search Google for reylo skyforum net
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:30 am

BB-Rey wrote:@Darth Rowan, It was. I was using desktop mode and now I'm getting a similar message on mobile Chrome browser when loading directly. Thankfully I found a way to bypass it with the saved draft but loading directly onto the site isn't working and neither is the ability to send a screenshot.

Here's what it says though.

This site can’t be reached

reylo.skyforum.net’s server DNS address could not be found.
Search Google for reylo skyforum net
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
@BB-Rey

That’s because our domain name has changed to reyloskyforum.net.
Without the dot between reylo and skyforum. Try saving the new domain name.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:44 am

That makes complete sense, @Darth Rowan! I'm so sorry for not realising this change as i usually just click the bookmark tab I have and everything comes up. Everything works for me now. I'm so sorry also for being an inconvenience.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 10:45 am

@Darth Rowan It's working! Knew it had to be a security issue with the new domain/DNS registration.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Thu 12 Apr 2018, 7:59 pm

BB-Rey wrote:That makes complete sense, @Darth Rowan! I'm so sorry for not realising this change as i usually just click the bookmark tab I have and everything comes up. Everything works for me now. I'm so sorry also for being an inconvenience.
@BB-Rey

No worries, I realized now that a lot of people might have missed the domain name change if they weren't around on the days it was going on. We'll send a reminder. Thanks!

@snufkin, thanks for raising the issue. Our SSL certificate used to be a free service, but the platform is now monetizing a lot of things as of the past week and we just had to pay our dues. XD
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 13 Apr 2018, 9:13 am

So I’m not sure if something has changed, but I am no longer able to access this site from my work laptop. It says “Restricted website access - this site is not approved by (insert my company’s name) security policy.

Yesterday morning was the last time I was able to use this site on my work laptop. Also, I’ve been messaging @“Rei of Sunshine” off site and she can’t access it at all now. She messaged me on FB asking me if the forum was down, and I told her what I’ve been experiencing.

I can access all other sites I previously was using, including other SW forums separate from this one. This is why I’m wondering if this is happening because of a specific change that was made...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Fri 13 Apr 2018, 9:51 am

have we changed domain or something? or am i going insane? it used to be reylo.skyforum, no?
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 13 Apr 2018, 10:58 am

guardienne wrote:have we changed domain or something? or am i going insane? it used to be reylo.skyforum, no?
@guardienne

It has changed. Some of the posts above yours explains the change. It's now reyloskyforum.net
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Fri 13 Apr 2018, 11:49 pm

IoJovi wrote:So I’m not sure if something has changed, but I am no longer able to access this site from my work laptop.  It says “Restricted website access - this site is not approved by (insert my company’s name) security policy.  

Yesterday morning was the last time I was able to use this site on my work laptop.  Also, I’ve been messaging @“Rei of Sunshine” off site and she can’t access it at all now.  She messaged me on FB asking me if the forum was down, and I told her what I’ve been experiencing.

I can access all other sites I previously was using, including other SW forums separate from this one.  This is why I’m wondering if this is happening because of a specific change that was made...

@IoJovi aside from our domain name, the only thing that has changed is that we now have an SSL certificate so our site is secured. Could it be that your employer blocks Forumotion? Sometimes employers block sites like that to prevent people from "idling" at work - this happens at my job with certain popular pages. Are you currently able to access stuff like Facebook or Twitter from your work laptop? I can tell you that Forumotion recently migrated ALL of their domain names in order to charge admins/owners money for the service of having customized domain names and SSL certificates, so this may have caused some issues with some servers. I can investigate this further and get back to you.

Re: @Rei of Sunshine the most likely explanation is that she is trying to load the page reylo.skyforum.net rather than reyloskyforum.net.
When you try to load our old domain name you would get a message like this:
Technical Issues - Page 6 Screen95

Let her know of the domain name change. We will send out an email to our members to remind them that we have a new domain name.
If she says that she tried the new domain name and the issue is still not resolved, please ask her to message us at reylo.forum@gmail.com so that we can communicate with her directly and problem solve. Thanks!
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sat 14 Apr 2018, 10:49 am

Awesome work, @Darth Rowan! It must have been so much trouble!

Who's paying for all this premium plan and bells and whistles? Can you set up a paypal donate button?

That way, members of the community could help paying these costs, and guarantee the longevity of the forum. I could put in $5 after I get paid next Friday. Very Happy

So ok, please set up a paypal donate button. I know it's more work, but it's not fair for one or two people to pay for a forum that everyone uses.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 14 Apr 2018, 11:47 am

AceofWands wrote:Awesome work, @Darth Rowan! It must have been so much trouble!

Who's paying for all this premium plan and bells and whistles? Can you set up a paypal donate button?

That way, members of the community could help paying these costs, and guarantee the longevity of the forum. I could put in $5 after I get paid next Friday. Very Happy

So ok, please set up a paypal donate button. I know it's more work, but it's not fair for one or two people to pay for a forum that everyone uses.
@AceofWands

Don't worry about it - we are good for at least 1 more year. If they maintain the costs where they are now, we can continue to renew the "premium package" on a yearly basis without needing contributions. If they continue to hike up the prices, next year we can think about setting up a donation for anyone who wants to support the forum going forward. Thanks so much for the offer, though! Really appreciate it and good to know we can think about community contributions if things get really bad in the future.

Group high five!

Technical Issues - Page 6 High-Five-Gif-In-Robin-Hood-Men-In-Tights
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Thu 19 Apr 2018, 4:08 pm

@Darth Rowan

Did we do away with notifications for likes? I'm not getting any. Also I'm curious to know if the change is site address has affected traffic on the forum. Particularly for non-registered members. Thanks!
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by RKR Connection Thu 19 Apr 2018, 6:35 pm

@Tex We have not done away with the notifications, we are working to get them up and running and are hopeful to have it resolved soon. You'll want to catch up earlier in this thread so you can get the context. You can start here and work your way down. Please PM the staff with any questions after you're done. Thanks!
RKR Connection
RKR Connection
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next