Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Progression/Development of Reylo

+46
Teo oswald
twilekempire
Birdwoman
grimbergen
nickandnora
SheLitAFire
Xylo Ren
ReyofLightSide
rawpowah
Piper Maru
SoloSideCousin
GreyRey
Dar-ren19
MeadowofAshes
shii405
HJ98
thescavenger
FrolickingFizzgig
whisperingwillow
Let The Past Die
MyOnlyHope
Darth Dementor
Lamiller1390
Kessel
Lily Snape
Rachelmckellar34
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
rey09
Darth_Awakened
PalmettoBlue
Acritiqua
Cowgirlsamurai
Starliteprism
ZioRen
Saracene
Night Huntress
Tex
DeeBee
lauvamp
teltaru
madeinmn
Darth_marshmallow
IoJovi
SkyStar
adamdrivershair
50 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Progression/Development of Reylo - Page 6 Empty Re: The Progression/Development of Reylo

Post by rawpowah Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:23 pm

I equate love with gestures, and I'd say they are.

She shipped herself inside the enemy base in the middle of a galactic war, but still had time to stop by Space Sephora to buy herself some mascara, highlighter and lip product. To top it all off she put on her best Yeezy couture, changed her hair, and got all up in his space in an elevator giving him her best doe-eyed look.

Meanwhile, Kylo washed his hair and combed it for the first time since he killed his dad in TFA, took a shower and applied a generous amount of lotion on his tiddies. To top it all off, he was giving her elevator eyes....in an elevator, and proposed to her like he was Julia Roberts in Notting Hill (but with explosions and lightsabers).

Yeah, they've got it bad.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Progression/Development of Reylo - Page 6 Empty Re: The Progression/Development of Reylo

Post by Piper Maru Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:27 pm

@rawpowah - "He was giving her elevator eyes....in an elevator".

I laughed out loud but it's so true!!!! Laughing

Please, Rian, if you're reading this post, tell me this was an intentional pun!
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:58 pm

Piper Maru wrote:@rawpowah - "He was giving her elevator eyes....in an elevator".

@Piper Maru

I don't have time at the moment to listen to the entire 2 hour podcast.  Did he really say this?  Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:04 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:@rawpowah - "He was giving her elevator eyes....in an elevator".

@Piper Maru

I don't have time at the moment to listen to the entire 2 hour podcast.  Did he really say this?  Laughing
@IoJovi

No haha, it was rawpowah who said it. I was just joking that if Rian reads this forum and sees this post, he needs to show up and say "yes, I did it on purpose".
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:06 pm

Piper Maru wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@Piper Maru

@IoJovi

No haha, it was rawpowah who said it. I was just joking that if Rian reads this forum and sees this post, he needs to show up and say "yes, I did it on purpose".
@Piper Maru

What's hilarious is I've seen quotes here and there from Rian that tell me we either guessed this movie so spot on that it's not funny, or Rian reads our forum.  It's always fun trying to figure out which is which.... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:10 pm

@IoJovi

If I was him, I'd be afraid of our forum. We guessed the major plot points of his movie even before he made it.

Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Mon 15 Jan 2018, 2:26 pm

Piper Maru wrote:@IoJovi

If I was him, I'd be afraid of our forum. We guessed the major plot points of his movie even before he made it.

Laughing
@Piper Maru

I think we basically co-wrote it. Razz
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:25 pm

What is love?

He killed his master for her, she left hers.

But what is it really? Is it lingering glances in an elevator? Stolen touches mid-fight?

Or is it someone who looks deeper into your soul and sees the good past the bad? Is it someone who will never give up on you?

Is it someone you can talk to, relate to, connect with? Someone who is as lonely as you? Understands you?

Maybe it's someone who causes you to challenge your beliefs and do a brave daring thing. Someone who wants you to become everything you were meant to be.

Well whatever it is, they both have done all of those things with each other. In love or falling in love? You decide Wink
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:33 pm

Anyone who doubts that there are mutual feelings between Rey and Ben should remember Snoke's line (while torturing Rey) about how once "she gives him Skywalker, she will be killed by the cruelest stroke."  And what's the cruelest stroke?  To have the man who she's falling for be the one to kill her.

Snoke knew what was up.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:36 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:What is love?

But what is it really? Is it lingering glances in an elevator? Stolen touches mid-fight?

Or is it someone who looks deeper into your soul and sees the good past the bad? Is it someone who will never give up on you?

Is it someone you can talk to, relate to, connect with? Someone who is as lonely as you? Understands you?

Maybe it's someone who causes you to challenge your beliefs and do a brave daring thing. Someone who wants you to become everything you were meant to be.

Well whatever it is, they both have done all of those things with each other. In love or falling in love? You decide Wink
@Xylo Ren

The Progression/Development of Reylo - Page 6 Poetic11
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:00 pm

@Xylo Ren

They were so close!

Really, the biggest thing lacking is communication. And you can have love with poor communication (just ask me about the early days of my relationship with my now-husband), but it's going to cause a lot a lot of problems and even potential breakups.

I mean, if she'd just said, "Hey, yeah, I want to join you, but we have to save my friends" or heck, if he'd made that offer on his own, things would have gone differently. Same if she'd actually talked to him instead of force-pulling the lightsaber on him, "Okay, if you won't save my friends, I will--I need my lightsaber back", things could have gone differently.

So, the basis for love is absolutely there. The communication skills to maintain a successful relationship are not.

The good thing is that communication is something that is very, very fixable. Hopefully, they get that part figured out sooner rather than later.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 15 Jan 2018, 4:04 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Xylo Ren

They were so close!

Really, the biggest thing lacking is communication. And you can have love with poor communication (just ask me about the early days of my relationship with my now-husband), but it's going to cause a lot a lot of problems and even potential breakups.

I mean, if she'd just said, "Hey, yeah, I want to join you, but we have to save my friends" or heck, if he'd made that offer on his own, things would have gone differently. Same if she'd actually talked to him instead of force-pulling the lightsaber on him, "Okay, if you won't save my friends, I will--I need my lightsaber back", things could have gone differently.

So, the basis for love is absolutely there. The communication skills to maintain a successful relationship are not.

The good thing is that communication is something that is very, very fixable. Hopefully, they get that part figured out sooner rather than later.
@ISeeAnIsland

And if you think about it, what is the biggest complication that causes the most drama in every rom com?

Miscommunication Wink a "he said, she said" or a "It's not what it looks like" or "assumptions made" type scenarios.

Rian did this in space.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 7:58 pm

So Rian basically confirmed what we've been saying- he's in loveeee with her. That's the biggest hint at redemption - the last of the skywalker, broken and alone, hopelessly in love...the story demands he gets his happily ever after with his girl!! I've seen this story over and over again, tale as old as time...

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 15 Jan 2018, 9:22 pm

Mod Note---
The thread "Already in Love or Beginning to Fall in Love?" has been merged with this thread since the topics are similar.

Please let the staff know if you have any questions. Thanks!

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 17 Jan 2018, 12:17 am

Hi All,
Just thought I'd share a thought I had about progress in how Kylo and Rey view each other over the 4 FB scenes..
I've been thinking about Rey's understanding of the force and how little she knew of what was happening to her at the start of TLJ over on the Rey's journey thread..

I figure with that first force bond moment Rey really has no idea what's going on, and doesn't even know enough to question it - she's just threatening he will pay and firing at Kylo Ren and that's that. She's probably got no clue that it isn't some one off kind of thing!
Kylo/Ben, being experienced and knowledgeable in the force, is immediately questioning what this is, how does it work and how it could be..

The next force bond moment starts with Kylo/Ben asking Rey why the force is connecting them. [he literally starts the force bond with 'Why is the force connecting us? You and I.
Kylo/Ben is waaaaaay ahead of Rey - he is viewing this force connection as something the force is 'doing' catapults this experience for kylo/Ben into a whole other dimension..
It was hinted at in TFA that he thought Rey was special in some way.. but once he views this bond as something the force is doing? It's like he sees the two of them as kismet. [and the romantic implications seem implicit]
I think very early in TLJ he is already believing they are supposed to be together and that their lives are intertwined in some way that's destiny.
This is why from the second FB onwards he is not threatening her anymore and he's actually talking to her! He even raises whether or not she knows what happened the night he destroyed the temple - the start of him revealing the truth to her..
At the end of FB 2 - I think she sees she doesn't know all she needs to know about him. And.. she starts to ask herself questions...

For Rey it's not until the FB 4 and the hand-touch moment (i think) that she realises that she and Kylo/Ben are kismet - when she sees her force vision.
I think Kylo/Ben isn't convinced they are their destiny by his force vision that he experiences at the hand touch - it just confirms for him what he already knew, or in his mind helps him make sense of how it is going to happen!
[whether or not Snoke instigated the bond isn't really relevant here - what matters is what the characters think]
So in this sense.. I think Kylo/Ben is ahead of Rey until FB 4.. in terms of feelings and seeing a future together..
Just my 2 cents.. bye!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 17 Jan 2018, 4:25 am

rey09 wrote:So Rian basically confirmed what we've been saying- he's in loveeee with her. That's the biggest hint at redemption - the last of the skywalker, broken and alone, hopelessly in love...the story demands he gets his happily ever after with his girl!! I've seen this story over and over again, tale as old as time...
@rey09

Where did Rian confirm this? Via his twitter? Can you please link me?

My take on the whole love thing is that they don't know that what they feel is love. This is their first time, and they are both focused on larger things and circumstances are such that they have not been able to think things through yet when it comes to the other side of that force(d) bond. I'm hoping that IX deals with some sort of burgeoning realization on both their parts.

I do agree that Kylo definitely feels the greater attachment AND, thus felt such trauma and anger when Rey left. He's alone and lonely. She was like a momentary lifeline. That light at the end of this very dark tunnel of his own creation. But I don't think he knows what he feels. Now that Snoke is gone, ALL the responsibility is his. It will be HIS decision what he does with his life and others', including Rey's.

And Rey looking at Rose and Finn was very poignant... she had her nose pressed to the glass looking in at this couple who feel something, KNOW they feel something, and are physically together - occupying the same space.

She's only now beginning to process what she's been going through with Ben. I'm looking forward to a IX that is as deep as VIII. I'm not sure we'll get what we're hoping for because I'm a longtime Trekkie and in my opinion JJ delivered a good Trek movie but it was VERY lighthearted. But I'm open to surprises Cool
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 17 Jan 2018, 7:45 am

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 17 Jan 2018, 8:31 am

Dar-ren19 wrote:She's only now beginning to process what she's been going through with Ben. I'm looking forward to a IX that is as deep as VIII. I'm not sure we'll get what we're hoping for because I'm a longtime Trekkie and in my opinion JJ delivered a good Trek movie but it was VERY lighthearted. But I'm open to surprises Cool
I can't speak to Star Trek, but I was just watching The Force Awakens after having watched The Last Jedi twice, and you're right, there is a levity to J.J.'s work that isn't present in TLJ, and a gravitas in TLJ that isn't present in (most of) TFA. However, I find the exception to this is any scenes that involve Rey/Kylo. There's a multilayered weightiness to their scenes, both in the way they were written, but *especially* in how they are executed (I'm obviously thinking of the interrogation, and also of choice moments in their snow-fight). Hopefully that bodes well for the final film as a whole.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 17 Jan 2018, 8:36 am

@SoloSideCousin

I think the bolded is a huge factor with Rey. She is falling in love with Kylo/Ben, but she only really wants to fall for Ben, or her vision of Ben. Ben is the good one, worthy of saving. Kylo is the bad one, the one she is "supposed to" hate

Ben in the streets, Kylo in the sheets. Wink
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 17 Jan 2018, 3:47 pm

@nickandnora I don't want to denigrate JJ. He's a huge talent.

In the 2009 Star Trek movie, he did three very significant things:

1) He tried to give the original character of Uhura some street cred, meaning, he made her BE something more than we saw the original Uhura as (Nichelle Nichols - the original Uhura - always complained about not having much to do)
2) He invested Spock with a very textured inner life when it came to his mother and father (and took it to an emotional height not seen before)
3) He created a Spock/Uhura relationship (of which there were inklings/implications in the old show but nothing concrete), BUT it was written in a very sappy, superficial way.

The last, especially, doesn't make me that happy. But enough about Trek.

Perhaps I'm influenced by those things, but you're right, the Ben-Kylo/Rey ingredients of TFA were very carefully written and directed with a lot of thought and weight. I am trying not to worry too much here, so thanks for pointing that out for me.

However, I will have to say that apart from the "reylo" portions of TLJ, the movie in itself was wonderfully directed by RJ. I am so impressed, because every time I watch it (and I've now watched it four times), I discover a new nugget of delight and deliberation. I am hoping IX leaves me with the same feelings.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 17 Jan 2018, 3:49 pm

@SheLitAFire I love your sig! May I borrow it?
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by grimbergen Wed 17 Jan 2018, 5:49 pm

nickandnora wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:She's only now beginning to process what she's been going through with Ben. I'm looking forward to a IX that is as deep as VIII. I'm not sure we'll get what we're hoping for because I'm a longtime Trekkie and in my opinion JJ delivered a good Trek movie but it was VERY lighthearted. But I'm open to surprises Cool
I can't speak to Star Trek, but I was just watching The Force Awakens after having watched The Last Jedi twice, and you're right, there is a levity to J.J.'s work that isn't present in TLJ, and a gravitas in TLJ that isn't present in (most of) TFA. However, I find the exception to this is any scenes that involve Rey/Kylo. There's a multilayered weightiness to their scenes, both in the way they were written, but *especially* in how they are executed (I'm obviously thinking of the interrogation, and also of choice moments in their snow-fight). Hopefully that bodes well for the final film as a whole.
@nickandnora

Well, JJ made one of the scenes that I love the most, the fight in the snow. That sequence was so beautiful, I have not overcome it yet.
I think you can not compare Rian with JJ, they are two directors so different but I will have faith that JJ will give us epic scenes with Reylo and a satisfactory ending. We cross our fingers. Winks
grimbergen
grimbergen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 17 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm

I was never a big Star Trek fan, nor did I like the Star Trek movie franchise back in my pre-teen to teen years.  However, JJ got me interested in the movie franchise with his version of Star Trek.  I also think that is why I really enjoyed TFA also.  I know a lot of people complained on the internet about it being a rehash of ANH.  It is funny, that never crossed my mind because I thought the new characters were so different and interesting.  I did understand that he had to hook in a audience that grew up with Star Wars, who might have hated the prequels, he had to lure them in with nostalgia by having the OT characters involved plus introduce the new generation of characters. That is a tough thing to do and he did a good job with that, in my opinion. A romance between two force sensitives is very bold for Star Wars, which was stuck in the complete black and white world of good guy/bad guys.  JJ and Kasdan set that up and I do believe they will resolve it in 9.  I was shocked at how much the relationship developed in 8, they have created a intimacy between these characters that I feel is a set up for a full blown love relationship by the end of 9.

Another random thought, when TLJ trailer dropped Rian was using lyrics from West Side Story. West Side Story, is the story of two people who fall in love with each other from opposing sides. What is interesting, Tony is a gang member and Maria is the sister of a gang member who are at war with each other. Yet, they fall in love and then Tony/Maria are broken apart by literal death. Now that didn't play out that way in TLJ but Rey and Kylo were broken apart also by their choices and ended up on separate paths for now.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 17 Jan 2018, 6:18 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Xylo Ren

They were so close!

@ISeeAnIsland

And if you think about it, what is the biggest complication that causes the most drama in every rom com?

Miscommunication Wink a "he said, she said" or a "It's not what it looks like" or "assumptions made" type scenarios.

Rian did this in space.
@Xylo Ren

Oh man, and now I wish Carrie Fisher were still with us so we could have Rey and Ben attend the Star Wars equivalent of the Group Therapy scene she did for Austin Powers.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 17 Jan 2018, 7:20 pm

@snufkin I love that post by @Xylo Ren!

I wanted to say that just last night I was thinking how doubly unfortunate Carrie's passing has been to the STs (see, I used the acronym I recently learned Wink) because I was imagining Carrie giving us her take on reylo during the TLJ press tour.... a la Mark and Rian. Some things are just not meant to be, I guess Crying or Very sad

@Xylo Ren wrote:
   What is love?
   Well whatever it is, they both have done all of those things with each other. In love or falling in love? You decide.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next