Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+81
giaciak2
KnightsofReylo_2015
thescavenger
Let The Past Die
Reynak
Sforza
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
ReyofLightSide
liveinsummee
rawpowah
Piper Maru
adamdrivershair
Marchtwin
Irina de France
MoonFyre
Atenais
Moonjump05
Helix
Casper
Acritiqua
MyOnlyHope
Xylo Ren
Blood Moon
Starliteprism
Darth_marshmallow
motherofpearl1
bashfulblueeyes3
SkyStar
Kylo Rey
BenRey
DeeBee
Forsythia
SoloSideCousin
SanghaRen
reylo1992
rey09
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
Darth Dingbat
AceofWands
ISeeAnIsland
PalmettoBlue
snufkin
DarthRen
SheLitAFire
vaderito
Maria26
EchoBase
Moonlight13
Lucina
fuhry
Mana
Kylo Men
LesCousinsDangereux
Saracene
Reylo Lemon
Anakin Skywalker
Tex
MindAndMagic
shii405
Darth_Awakened
nite0wl29
RosiePancake
colibri
Night Huntress
tukicarreno
ZioRen
Birdwoman
IoJovi
Lily Snape
Gemini
Armadeus
Darth Dementor
LadyHa
Darth Rowan
panki
Cowgirlsamurai
Man Without A Star
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
MrsWindu
85 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 07 Nov 2017, 5:50 am

@SoloSideCousin

That's an executioner stormtrooper's profile I think.

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Img_3310
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by MrsWindu Tue 07 Nov 2017, 6:24 am

@SoloSideCousin I have seen the FO symbol and the Resistance symbol breaking apart in other Force Friday merchandise that appeared in back in September (link was in the thread and I had a good look)

http://lestoilesheroiques.fr/2017/09/star-wars-derniers-jedi-toutes-posters-promotionnels-film.html

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Force_10

Last edited by MrsWindu on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 07 Nov 2017, 7:02 am

Also something similar appeared on a series of mugs with fairly similar layouts - also from that link.

I commented at  the time it was interesting the colour choices forPoe and Finn character - or its purely aesthetic

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Mugs_211
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 07 Nov 2017, 8:44 am

MrsWindu wrote:Also something similar appeared on a series of mugs with fairly similar layouts - also from that link.

I commented at  the time it was interesting the colour choices forPoe and Finn character - or its purely aesthetic

@MrsWindu

While I'm not saying Finn and Poe are force sensitive (that's a completely different debate), the choice of colour behind them is interesting if you keep lightsaber colour associations from legends in mind.

Purple is associated with those who were on the dark side and moved to the light (Mace Windu, Mara Jade) which makes sense for Finn considering he left the FO because it was the right thing to do. Orange is the colour of the negotiator who chooses peace over war (Yaddle, Plo Koon) which could go with Poe taking on a leadership role. What makes both purple and orange interesting is that the users wielding them had to be touched by the darkness but then chose the light.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 07 Nov 2017, 9:14 am

panki wrote:
MrsWindu wrote:Also something similar appeared on a series of mugs with fairly similar layouts - also from that link.

@MrsWindu

While I'm not saying Finn and Poe are force sensitive (that's a completely different debate), the choice of colour behind them is interesting if you keep lightsaber colour associations from legends in mind.

Purple is associated with those who were on the dark side and moved to the light (Mace Windu, Mara Jade) which makes sense for Finn considering he left the FO because it was the right thing to do. Orange is the colour of the negotiator who chooses peace over war (Yaddle, Plo Koon) which could go with Poe taking on a leadership role. What makes both purple and orange interesting is that the users wielding them had to be touched by the darkness but then chose the light.
@panki

Oh I really love your insights regarding SW colour meanings - thank you. Its amazing what you can glean from all of these different products.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 07 Nov 2017, 5:08 pm

MrsWindu wrote:

@SoloSideCousin I have seen the FO symbol and the Resistance symbol breaking apart in other Force Friday merchandise that appeared in back in September (link was in the thread and I had a good look)

http://lestoilesheroiques.fr/2017/09/star-wars-derniers-jedi-toutes-posters-promotionnels-film.html

@MrsWindu

Oooohhh this is really interesting. The recent interviews with Adam and Daisy have indicated a blurring of the line between light and dark. Maybe there is also a blurring of the line of some kind between both sides of the war? I don't mean to say that the FO will be good or anything, but more of a sense that both of those political sides are crumbling somehow, and maybe a new thing has to be born.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 07 Nov 2017, 5:16 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
MrsWindu wrote:

@MrsWindu

Oooohhh this is really interesting. The recent interviews with Adam and Daisy have indicated a blurring of the line between light and dark. Maybe there is also a blurring of the line of some kind between both sides of the war? I don't mean to say that the FO will be good or anything, but more of a sense that both of those political sides are crumbling somehow, and maybe a new thing has to be born.
@SoloSideCousin

Bloodline largely hinted at such. The New Republic was a disorganized mess. On the other hand, totalitarianism isn't the answer, either. Perhaps the galactic government that is being rebuilt at the end of IX (assuming that's where they're going with this) will strike a balance between independent planets and a central government that's able to get things done.

New canon books have really emphasized that there are good and bad people on both sides of the war. Perhaps, as some here have suggested, the "good" people on both sides will need/learn to work together to rebuild a functional government.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 07 Nov 2017, 5:20 pm

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Captu170

I just realized that Rey is probably using her lightsaber as a flashlight to read the books after sneaking into the Jedi tree library after dark. You can see the wood wall behind her. I don't know why, but I find that really cool. It's such a practical use of a lightsaber. Laughing
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Tue 07 Nov 2017, 6:35 pm

Lol, @frolickingfizzgig. XD

Unrelated: on my drive home I just listened to a pretty chilling NPR feature about the might/greed of the mouse house and how they're using their leverage as "the most powerful film studio since MGM in 1930's" to strong arm theaters in their negotiations for rights to screen TLJ.

Apparently the theater has to agree to reserve the biggest theater in their cinema for 4 weeks for TLJ showings alone, and the studio gets 65% of all ticket sales. There are tiny towns in the Midwest of the U.S. that don't have enough people to fill a theater every day beyond 2 weeks, so they are opting out of screening TLJ.

It sounds like they are trying to ensure that TLJ lives up to the massive cash haul TFA made. I feel bad for the fans who are far from a major city, though.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 07 Nov 2017, 6:59 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Captu170

I just realized that Rey is probably using her lightsaber as a flashlight to read the books after sneaking into the Jedi tree library after dark. You can see the wood wall behind her. I don't know why, but I find that really cool. It's such a practical use of a lightsaber. Laughing
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ha! Forbidden knowledge! Doubtful she'd be using the LS as a flashlight if she was there with Luke's approval. She's sneaking.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 07 Nov 2017, 7:11 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:Lol, @frolickingfizzgig. XD

Unrelated: on my drive home I just listened to a pretty chilling NPR feature about the might/greed of the mouse house and how they're using their leverage as "the most powerful film studio since MGM in 1930's" to strong arm theaters in their negotiations for rights to screen TLJ.

Apparently the theater has to agree to reserve the biggest theater in their cinema for 4 weeks for TLJ showings alone, and the studio gets 65% of all ticket sales. There are tiny towns in the Midwest of the U.S. that don't have enough people to fill a theater every day beyond 2 weeks, so they are opting out of screening TLJ.

It sounds like they are trying to ensure that TLJ lives up to the massive cash haul TFA made. I feel bad for the fans who are far from a major city, though.
@Darth Rowan

I read about that a couple of days ago...Crazy!

And the barring of LATimes journalists at advance screenings. But it looks like that was resolved:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/business/disney-la-times.html
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Tue 07 Nov 2017, 7:44 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
DarthRen wrote:@SoloSideCousin

Very good points.

That seems like the Resistance symbol and not the Grey Jedi from the trailer.

The Resistance.:                                            

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 WbOsLLn

The Grey Jedi/Luke's books:

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 OkcIMOq

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 WSOO057

A bit odd, because Kylo is following his own agenda. Seems a bit disconnected from the First Order too, which Hux sort of accused him of. It could be some sort of a symbol for Leia as their leader? I don't expect Kylo to switch sides completely yet and definitely not to the Resistance. More likely find his way with Rey. Dont know what sort of implications are we supposed to take from this.

Rey really seems to have TIE Silencer or something that resemble this:

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 6TlevvS

See on Kylo's print can be seen on the top:

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 JgqABxJ
@DarthRen

I can see the FO symbol breaking apart in the bottom right corner SoloSideCousin - great catch! I love that! Smile
I can't see the Jedi order symbol though, I can only see the resistance/rebel alliance symbol.. where is it?
@deebee

A little bit above the name "KYLO" and more below "KYLO", there seems to be some kind of "feathering", for lack of a better word, that reminded me of the Old Jedi symbol, particularly under "KYLO".  It might just be how the stormtrooper is drawn, but they have hidden things before.  Also as I was looking at it closely, I noticed that there is a significant shadow behind Kylo's FO symbol.  I can't tell what it is, but there is a defined shape to it.

Also, that is an odd-looking stormtrooper.  It has black on his head and then the back of a Praetorian guard helmet seems to be hovering behind Kylo.  Most interesting of all is that the stormtrooper head seems to be blocking what may be another FO symbol.  Now maybe some of that part is just decorative, but they did seem to make an effort for each one to have a unique background.[/quote]

@SoloSideCousin
I was thinking an executioner stormtrooper? And that looks like a PG helmet to me as well.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 07 Nov 2017, 7:45 pm

@Darth Rowan

OMG i listened to that same one on my drive home!!!!
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Excited-baby
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 07 Nov 2017, 9:39 pm

@Darth Rowan

...and they punished the Los Angeles Times with no access to the press screenings of TLJ and their other big-ticket movies in retaliation for an investigative series about how much money and influence they've peddled in the City of Anaheim to pack the mayor's office and city council with Disneyland friendly politicians. I'm the bad Californian who's always mistrusted Disney, but they're being extra sleazy and greedy in these type of actions for TLJ's release. Pushing that type of policy for smaller, rural communities which only have one locally owned theater is not exactly how you build excitement or brand loyalty in future fans.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Tue 07 Nov 2017, 10:34 pm

@snufkin, exactly. Evil or Very Mad

SheLitAFire wrote:

@Darth Rowan

OMG i listened to that same one on my drive home!!!!
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Excited-baby

@SheLitAFire

OMG that's awesome! XD

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 2 Fyeahadventuretime
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa Tue 07 Nov 2017, 11:30 pm

@Darth Rowan

On the flip side of the tiny towns problem, I live in a large city, but the local movie houses I usually go to aren’t showing the TLJ in December (and January?) Several of the in-town theaters do first runs, but they are not big enough for Disney. It’s only playing at the big movie complexes in far away suburbs.
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 09 Nov 2017, 9:00 am

MrsWindu wrote:
panki wrote:

@MrsWindu

@panki

Oh I really love your insights regarding SW colour meanings - thank you. Its amazing what you can glean from all of these different products.
@MrsWindu

Orange is also associated with strength and encouragement during difficult times, which I think associates well with his speech in the trailer ("we are the spark...")
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Thu 09 Nov 2017, 9:22 am

SheLitAFire wrote:
MrsWindu wrote:
panki wrote:

@MrsWindu

@panki

@MrsWindu

Orange is also associated with strength and encouragement during difficult times, which I think associates well with his speech in the trailer ("we are the spark...")
@SheLitAFire

Oh that is so good to know - thanks! I love hearing about these colour associations.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Thu 09 Nov 2017, 9:53 am

Same here.  It's on par with the colour schemes in Green Lantern:  green=willpower and courage, yellow=fear, orange=avarice, purple=compassion, violet=love, red=anger, and blue=hope.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 09 Nov 2017, 6:28 pm

Star Wars has so much potential for amazing stories- literally anything about the galaxy is up for grabs. It sounds like it'll be pretty cool, he seems like someone who really cares about how we as people can affect change in our lives in micro and macro levels and it'll be great to see that happen in the context of their universe.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Fri 10 Nov 2017, 6:03 pm

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 10 Nov 2017, 6:47 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:

A little bit above the name "KYLO" and more below "KYLO", there seems to be some kind of "feathering", for lack of a better word, that reminded me of the Old Jedi symbol, particularly under "KYLO".  It might just be how the stormtrooper is drawn, but they have hidden things before.  Also as I was looking at it closely, I noticed that there is a significant shadow behind Kylo's FO symbol.  I can't tell what it is, but there is a defined shape to it.

Also, that is an odd-looking stormtrooper.  It has black on his head and then the back of a Praetorian guard helmet seems to be hovering behind Kylo.  Most interesting of all is that the stormtrooper head seems to be blocking what may be another FO symbol.  Now maybe some of that part is just decorative, but they did seem to make an effort for each one to have a unique background.
@SoloSideCousin

The stormtrooper on Kylo's image is a Judicial First Order Stormtrooper (according to toy images I saw). I think it's basically the same as the Executioner stormtrooper, except perhaps the Executioner is the lead judicial stormtrooper? I'm not sure how many there are? It could be only one.

According to the toy description (I can't link to it it right now), the Judicial First Order Stormtrooper is a special branch of stormtrooper who "dispenses final justice" on FO soliders who are "guilty of treason." I know they'll figure in Finn's story, so I wonder why one is on Kylo's image? It could just be an aesthetic choice because of all the other FO motifs, but it would be interesting if these the Judicial Stormtrooper factors into Kylo's story (i.e. if Kylo also turns traitor on the FO). Although, I always assumed if Kylo did turn on the FO, Snoke would send the Praetorian Guards (or KOR) after him, not a stormtrooper branch?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 10 Nov 2017, 6:53 pm

Kessel wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

Also, that is an odd-looking stormtrooper.  It has black on his head and then the back of a Praetorian guard helmet seems to be hovering behind Kylo.  Most interesting of all is that the stormtrooper head seems to be blocking what may be another FO symbol.  Now maybe some of that part is just decorative, but they did seem to make an effort for each one to have a unique background.
@SoloSideCousin

The stormtrooper on Kylo's image is a Judicial First Order Stormtrooper (according to toy images I saw). I think it's basically the same as the Executioner stormtrooper, except perhaps the Executioner is the lead judicial stormtrooper? I'm not sure how many there are? It could be only one.

According to the toy description (I can't link to it it right now), the Judicial First Order Stormtrooper is a special branch of stormtrooper who "dispenses final justice" on FO soliders who are "guilty of treason." I know they'll figure in Finn's story, so I wonder why one is on Kylo's image? It could just be an aesthetic choice because of all the other FO motifs, but it would be interesting if these the Judicial Stormtrooper factors into Kylo's story (i.e. if Kylo also turns traitor on the FO). Although, I always assumed if Kylo did turn on the FO, Snoke would send the Praetorian Guards (or KOR) after him, not a stormtrooper branch?
@Kessel

That’s an interesting point about the executioner. I’d agree that the PG would be a better choice to take down Kylo Ren. I don’t care how good they are (stormtroopers), they wouldn’t have a snowball’s chance of putting Kylo down. But the thought it could indicate that he becomes a traitor - I love it on about ten different levels.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 10 Nov 2017, 7:03 pm

It's aesthetics only. Like all FO peepz together. Judicial Trooper is 100% in Finn's scene on Supremacy. They are just not going to pair up Finn and him yet cause it gives away a major plot point.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:14 am

snufkin wrote:

@Darth Rowan

...and they punished the Los Angeles Times with no access to the press screenings of TLJ and their other big-ticket movies in retaliation for an investigative series about how much money and influence they've peddled in the City of Anaheim to pack the mayor's office and city council with Disneyland friendly politicians. I'm the bad Californian who's always mistrusted Disney, but they're being extra sleazy and greedy in these type of actions for TLJ's release. Pushing that type of policy for smaller, rural communities which only have one locally owned theater is not exactly how you build excitement or brand loyalty in future fans.
@snufkin

Its the negative aspect of Disney owning the Star Wars franchise.... Mad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next