Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+65
Atenais
AhsokaTano
bashfulblueeyes3
Mila95
Moonlight13
CienaRee
kroi
Piper Maru
RosiePancake
nickandnora
Riri
Teo oswald
KnightsofReylo_2015
MindAndMagic
12 Parsnips
tukicarreno
EchoBase
Tex
cherrylipstick
Darth Dingbat
californiagirl
vaderito
whisperingwillow
special_cases
Rei of Sunshine
Birdwoman
Cowgirlsamurai
Dar-ren19
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
Xylo Ren
Gemlake
Darth_Awakened
twilekempire
Moonjump05
Saracene
ZioRen
lauvamp
rey09
Kylo Men
IoJovi
Armadeus
Reynak
DeeBee
giaciak2
Kessel
Kylo Rey
snufkin
SkyStar
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
MyOnlyHope
thescavenger
Reylo Lemon
FrolickingFizzgig
Irina de France
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
Let The Past Die
Ynqve
motherofpearl1
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
BB-Rey
rawpowah
69 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by cherrylipstick Thu 15 Mar 2018, 11:36 am

Kylo Rey wrote:More Kylo and Anakin/Vader parallels:

Rian confirmed that this was indeed a visual callback to Anakin's Order 66 moment:

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Tumblr_p5hhlkmocY1v3zvhko3_r3_540

This is very consciously echoing a shot from Episode III of Anakin coming in that I always loved. Just a beautiful graphic shot that George did that we wanted to do a callback to.— Rian Johnson, The Last Jedi director commentary

From the deleted scene, RJ inserted a parallel to Vader:

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Tumblr_p5jw74hTLN1v3zvhko2_r1_540 The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Tumblr_p5jw74hTLN1v3zvhko3_r2_540

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Tumblr_p5jw74hTLN1v3zvhko1_540 The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Tumblr_p5jw74hTLN1v3zvhko5_r1_540
@Kylo Rey

I've always liked that parallel, it's a beautiful shot.
There so much loneliness and isolation in these images, two powerful men and yet so lonely Cry
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by Riri Thu 15 Mar 2018, 11:41 am

@Kylo Rey

i LOVE both of these shots. The Anakin parralel was obvious from the moment we saw it. Happy to get confirmation! Smile

As for the Vader shot - notice the light is overtaking the dark shadow? That's the scene he's waiting for Rey and probably thinking about how to betray Snoke so he and Rey can be together.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 15 Mar 2018, 11:49 am

I just noticed- when Rose & Finn are on the Supremacy and disguise BB-8 as a trashcan he is imitating the beeping noises from the little black First Order droids that usually move around the corridor... I don't know why that's so funny to me. But I love when they pay attention and add such little details. Lolilol
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:21 pm

The ESB shot is (correct me if I’m wrong) after their fight when Leia has rescued Luke and they’re trying to fell Vader where you first see the Force connection between parent and child. And the long shot is Vader seeing the ship and his child who he’s forged this new connection with slip through his hands, leaving him even more isolated. Nice catch with the light, that’s definitely Rey but maybe also a callback to the scene with Han on the bridge with the dark overtaking the light. Here the light is pushing back, with the escape pod having the “property of Han Solo” on it

This is the closest I could find to it on YouTube, but the same interior setting and profile framing

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 15 Mar 2018, 5:08 pm

Rian confirmed that this was indeed a visual callback to Anakin's Order 66 moment:

This is very consciously echoing a shot from Episode III of Anakin coming in that I always loved. Just a beautiful graphic shot that George did that we wanted to do a callback to.— Rian Johnson, The Last Jedi director commentary

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Tumblr_p5jw74hTLN1v3zvhko2_r1_540 The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Tumblr_p5jw74hTLN1v3zvhko3_r2_540

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Tumblr_p5jw74hTLN1v3zvhko1_540 The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 39 Tumblr_p5jw74hTLN1v3zvhko5_r1_540
@Kylo Rey

On the last four images, wasn’t that when Vader was waiting for Luke to arrive on the Death Star in RotJ? Or is at the end ESB where they call each other father and son? Either way, it’s a nice call back to remind people who’s relationship is front and center in this story.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 15 Mar 2018, 6:23 pm

@IoJovi Nerd alert, I think for RotJ, Luke surrendered at the Imperial garrison on Endor, so they call his dad to come pick him up. But you’re right, the shot is about whose relationship is central to the trilogy and their emotional/Force connection
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 15 Mar 2018, 6:41 pm

snufkin wrote:@IoJovi Nerd alert, I think for RotJ, Luke surrendered at the Imperial garrison on Endor, so they call his dad to come pick him up. But you’re right, the shot is about whose relationship is central to the trilogy and their emotional/Force connection
@snufkin

It’s interesting because almost everything that happened between them on the Supremacy mirrors Luke and Vader in RotJ, right down to Ben killing Snoke to save someone he loves - NOT ESB. This of course tells me their story isn’t over and if he didn’t die in the second movie in some heroic move(lord forbid), he’s not going to die in the third one either.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 15 Mar 2018, 6:47 pm

IoJovi wrote:
snufkin wrote:@IoJovi Nerd alert, I think for RotJ, Luke surrendered at the Imperial garrison on Endor, so they call his dad to come pick him up. But you’re right, the shot is about whose relationship is central to the trilogy and their emotional/Force connection
@snufkin

It’s interesting because almost everything that happened between them on the Supremacy mirrors Luke and Vader in RotJ, right down to Ben killing Snoke to save someone he loves - NOT ESB. This of course tells me their story isn’t over and if he didn’t die in the second movie in some heroic move(lord forbid), he’s not going to die in the third one either.

@IoJovi

I also liked in the docu rian talks about rey saying she saw the conflict in kylo as luke saw conflict in vader- the one who feels the conflict ultimately does the saving.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 15 Mar 2018, 6:48 pm

@IoJovi @rey09

Yeah it mirrors RotJ, which is both a sign and playing on peoples' expectations b/c then he's like "Babe let's rule the galaxy together." But we know that both Rian and JJ reference the PT, so with Snoke I think it's also bit the "betraying the lead of the order a knight has pledged himself to for personal interests" because you see that in RotS 2x. But that one deleted shot is absolutely two people with an intimate connection with each other thanks to the Force and more important, their emotional connection.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Thu 15 Mar 2018, 7:11 pm

I just finished my fourth time watching TLJ, it amazes me how gentle Kylo is with Rey. He is not angry with her at all. The people who claim that Rey should be protected from the big bad guy....she literally shoots him in their first force bond scene. Well not literally but she is not some damsel in distress....

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 15 Mar 2018, 7:52 pm

snufkin wrote:Yeah the HD images make a difference, thigh grab looks closer to his crotch than outer thigh. And the party scene would’ve been cute, though maybe too on the nose that Rey is waiting for a visit from her (shirtless) gentleman caller for some special hut time.
@snufkin

They did it about 25 times, right? So there had to be a hand slip here and there at some point lol Wink
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 15 Mar 2018, 7:57 pm

Dar-ren19 wrote:
snufkin wrote:Yeah the HD images make a difference, thigh grab looks closer to his crotch than outer thigh. And the party scene would’ve been cute, though maybe too on the nose that Rey is waiting for a visit from her (shirtless) gentleman caller for some special hut time.
@snufkin

They did it about 25 times, right? So there had to be a hand slip here and there at some point lol Wink
@Dar-ren19

Yeah about that. I didn’t want to say anything about the so called “thigh grab”, but her hand is pretty close to his...ahem...stuff. If he had accidentally shifted two inches to his right that could have gotten awkward real quick...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 16 Mar 2018, 12:45 am

I still can't believe Rian mentioned twitter "campaign" from Russian fandom (it was not only Russian) about Hux. lol! They are very proud. Kylux and Reylo are very popular in Russian speaking fandom. I think they are the most popular things in that fandom, I would even say, they are only things from ST which that part of internet discuss.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 16 Mar 2018, 4:46 am

special_cases wrote:I still can't believe Rian mentioned twitter "campaign" from Russian fandom (it was not only Russian) about Hux. lol! They are very proud. Kylux and Reylo are very popular in Russian speaking fandom. I think they are the most popular things in that fandom, I would even say, they are only things from ST which that part of internet discuss.
@special_cases

There have been multiple times where I have looked trough Russian art blogs and found Kylo randomly, or searched trough Lermontov tags and found Kylo edits and I am like - yes! ^^

Last edited by SkyStar on Fri 16 Mar 2018, 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Fri 16 Mar 2018, 4:49 am

If anyone here can get their hands on the John Williams music-only version of TLJ that would be fab! I'm intrigued to know what music is used for all the Reylo scenes. *Hopes for Across the Stars* Razz

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Good-olio Raeh Fri 16 Mar 2018, 6:57 am

@Riri Vudu is letting you listen to TLJ that way (soundtrack only). I will try and listen, but I love your ideal. But add some depth/bass with Kylo’s heartbeat (growing pulse of threat, fear, rage) with little stardust of Rey’s flute. The same song...but with less melancholic prospective (meaning Romeo and the Juliet endgame for Anakin and Padme) and more “and they lived happily ever after” for Rey and Kylo for that’s is what is written in the stars for them. No star-crossed lovers; star-blessed lovers. Smile
Good-olio Raeh
Good-olio Raeh
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Fri 16 Mar 2018, 8:05 am

Started doing a little rewatch today and had kind of a "wait... no, it couldn't be... wait... maybe?" moment with Rose where I was thinking (and this is going to sound crazy) that they're slyly trying to insinuate that she's a descendant... of Emperor Palpatine.

Yeah. I know. No more secret people related to other secret people. Also, "what?!? when did they insinuate that?!" It was just... that scene with the circular swivel chair, the "do it" to DJ, and then I realized... the tazer. That little electric zapper. Could it be a callback that actually signifies something?

It's far-fetched (and I have no idea how the genetics of that would work, btw), but the only reason I would enjoy it is because her character is so polar opposite to him (and will likely be instrumental in bringing down the Empire Reincarnate) that it would demonstrate the idea that just because your descendant was someone evil, doesn't mean YOU are going to be. Which is something I think they're going to make crystal clear in IX with Ben: he's not a "bad seed" because, for the most part, there's really no such thing. There's what you went through, and the choices you make as a result. That's it.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Good-olio Raeh Fri 16 Mar 2018, 8:14 am

Right, nature and nurture. That’s why our villains are so emasculated, because Snoke used them as pawns not trained them to be leaders. I think he referred to “rabid cur” to both Hux and Rey. Sharp point manipulated to meet his ends: Hux’s string and Rey’s cut on his face. Snoke mentions Kylo’s wound right after this statement.

I also think Lovely is Capt. Phasma (the height and the eye)....why focus on that eye and height of both characters: two costumes one of the masculine, one of the feminine.
Good-olio Raeh
Good-olio Raeh
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 16 Mar 2018, 8:18 am

Good-olio Raeh wrote:@Riri Vudu is letting you listen to TLJ that way (soundtrack only). I will try and listen, but I love your ideal. But add some depth/bass with Kylo’s heartbeat (growing pulse of threat, fear, rage) with little stardust of Rey’s flute. The same song...but with less melancholic prospective (meaning Romeo and the Juliet endgame for Anakin and Padme) and more “and they lived happily ever after” for Rey and Kylo for that’s is what is written in the stars for them. No star-crossed lovers; star-blessed lovers. Smile
@Good-olio Raeh

Haha! I did not think about that- they technically aren't star-crossed then, because the universe WANTS them together. Just amazing

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Good-olio Raeh Fri 16 Mar 2018, 8:49 am

rey09 wrote:
Good-olio Raeh wrote:@Riri Vudu is letting you listen to TLJ that way (soundtrack only). I will try and listen, but I love your ideal. But add some depth/bass with Kylo’s heartbeat (growing pulse of threat, fear, rage) with little stardust of Rey’s flute. The same song...but with less melancholic prospective (meaning Romeo and the Juliet endgame for Anakin and Padme) and more “and they lived happily ever after” for Rey and Kylo for that’s is what is written in the stars for them. No star-crossed lovers; star-blessed lovers. Smile
@Good-olio Raeh

Haha! I did not think about that- they technically aren't star-crossed then, because the universe WANTS them together. Just amazing
@rey09

The cosmic will of the Force. Destiny doesn’t write just death; it also writes life. It is the cosmic will of the Force to balance the two (the light and the dark). Smile SO MUCH FUN, RIGHT!!!! Reylo is divinely blessed.
Good-olio Raeh
Good-olio Raeh
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Fri 16 Mar 2018, 9:31 am

cherrylipstick wrote:

@Kylo Rey

I've always liked that parallel, it's a beautiful shot.
There so much loneliness and isolation in these images, two powerful men and yet so lonely Cry
@cherrylipstick

beautiful scene between Darth Vader and Luke, the bond between father and son is fantastic and sad at the same time
but the fact that there is a parallel between Vader and Kylo is amazing
both wait for the person they want by their side

they make us understand how similar these two scenes are.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 16 Mar 2018, 12:06 pm

All of the threads end up on the same topic. What’s Reylo endgame going to look like? Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Fri 16 Mar 2018, 5:53 pm

in a cut scene, Snoke wipes a tear from Kylo during the Han Solo death speech
this shows that Kylo loved his father and he suffers from having killed him, there is hope in him, he has always been there Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 17 Mar 2018, 5:25 am

Mod Note:
The discussion about whether or not there is a need for more differentiation/specification of topics was moved to the Suggestions thread (Spoiler alert: in general we don't want more threads, but we are willing to discuss suggestions).

Please continue to use the Suggestions thread for discussion about ways to potentially improve the forum. Do NOT post suggestions in regular threads as it is disruptive and derails threads. Please also post inquiries about forum etiquette in the proper threads, or you can PM the staff.

@DeeBee, please take note of the above and see our PM.
Thanks!
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 17 Mar 2018, 10:11 am

Teo oswald wrote:in a cut scene, Snoke wipes a tear from Kylo during the Han Solo death speech
this shows that Kylo loved his father and he suffers from having killed him, there is hope in him, he has always been there Smile
@Teo oswald

Also mentioned in the novel, which I have just finished. Its a great read, much better than the novelisation of TFA, but one thing worries me.....at the end I came away completely filled with compassion and sympathy for Kylo - more in fact,than I've ever been. And I actually to my sorrow had zero empathy or even affection for Rey. Hopefully its simply an interpretation of her character the author got wrong, because I've always loved her character and I'm a big fan of Daisy. But I really really hope this is not the direction they intend to go with her in IX, because I very much want to like her again!!! Cry
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next