Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+71
Oscarborough-fairo
Atenais
AhsokaTano
Mana
californiagirl
nana7marie
Mila95
Kylo Men
MeadowofAshes
grimbergen
BB-Rey
twilekempire
12 Parsnips
Lily Snape
bashfulblueeyes3
orangedelamer
Starliteprism
KnightsofReylo_2015
DeeBee
unicorn
Rei of Sunshine
Kylo Rey
Dar-ren19
Moonjump05
Darth Rowan
kroi
Reylo Lemon
Darth Dingbat
EchoBase
whisperingwillow
Darth Snoopy
SkyStar
Birdwoman
Acritiqua
Irina de France
Night Huntress
Armadeus
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
BenRey
rawpowah
Forsythia
Teo oswald
cherrylipstick
SheLitAFire
snufkin
Moonlight13
ISeeAnIsland
Cowgirlsamurai
Kessel
MindAndMagic
vaderito
Piper Maru
thescavenger
giaciak2
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
Darth_Awakened
IoJovi
MyOnlyHope
lauvamp
Riri
Let The Past Die
special_cases
RosiePancake
Xylo Ren
CienaRee
ZioRen
FrolickingFizzgig
rey09
tukicarreno
75 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 40 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by nickandnora Tue 13 Mar 2018, 12:51 pm

The thing that's different (and odd) about the attitude difference between Reylos and non-Reylos (from what I can see) is that 99% that support Reylo seem to be using a s***-ton of textual evidence to do so. Knowledge of movie tropes, symbolism, allusions to great works of romantic literature, plot diagrams, obvious visual cues, director/writer intent, etc. They (we) construct our arguments based on *actual* things that are present in the story. I can't figure out what the more vehement anti-Reylo crowd is constructing their arguments on, but it doesn't seem to amount to more than "personal opinion." And you know what? Not everyone's personal opinion is valid. Sometimes it's just wrong.

So while someone like Bryan Young defending the Reylos is nice, I also can't help but sigh a bit regardless. Because it's like someone defending someone else who insists that the sky is blue, and is being gas-lighted because a bunch of other people don't like the colour blue and argue that, therefore, the sky can't be blue. Do you blame the blue-sky defender for going a little mad for having to endure two years of that kind of WTF-ery? It's sad they'd need to be defended at all. Laughing

Last edited by nickandnora on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Tue 13 Mar 2018, 12:53 pm

Circa Dec 2015 - March 2016, before this forum was made, it was a difficult time for us 1st gen Reylos. Especially back in the forum-that-must-not-be-named.

Constant bullying in our own Reylo thread, and antis always derailed our conversations. When we complain and report them to the mods; the mods take their sides because nobody in that cesspit was professional, and everyone was a salty fanboy. The witchunt was really bad. The Ad Hominem attacks, the name calling. So. Much. Abuse.

And yet we were called abusive.

And don't get me started on the SMART SHAMING. That still happens, especially on Tumblr. Antis would say that 'here come all the Reylos will all their art and literature degreeees'

Like it's 2018. The world benefits from having smart people! What's so wrong with Reylos being more knowledgeable about art and literature than you, slimy plebeians?!

Right now I am so glad that we are getting this much validation. And even though I really wanna check in back into that place just to see them run around as the world around them burns, I'm glad I'm here and I'd rather stay here.

And yet Brian Young has the gal to call us the MEAN ones? Excuse us for being defensive after all the abusive sith, Brian. We know how to stand up for ourselves, thank you very much.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Tue 13 Mar 2018, 1:01 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 13 Mar 2018, 1:13 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:Circa Dec 2015 - March 2016, before this forum was made, it was a difficult time for us 1st gen Reylos. Especially back in the forum-that-must-not-be-named.

Constant bullying in our own Reylo thread, and antis always derailed our conversations. When we complain and report them to the mods; the mods take their sides because nobody in that cesspit was professional, and everyone was a salty fanboy. The witchunt was really bad. The Ad Hominem attacks, the name calling. So. Much. Abuse.

And yet we were called abusive.

Right now I am so glad that we are getting this much validation. And even though I really wann check in back into that place just to see them run around as the world around them burns, I'm glad I'm here and I'd rather stay here.

@Rei of Sunshine

Yep, it was really bad before this forum got made. Those early months were the hardest being a Reylo. You would be called delusional and all other manner of insults for even broaching the idea that there might be more to something about Rey and Kylo's dynamic than enemies who want to kill each other. Then there was the whole Reywalker debate obsfucating the whole thing, meaning a lot of people wouldn't even think about Rey and Kylo that way because they thought they were related. We have come sooooo far. All this validation is amazing.

@nickandnora Spot on. The Reylo fandom has honestly been one of the most smart, knowledgable and fun fandoms I've ever been in. Even before TLJ brought the toxicity to the forefront, the Reylo part of the SW fandom was honestly the best because it felt like the only part of the fandom reading story and characters correctly, and that didn't just include Rey and Kylo. It was why they were able to predict so many things correctly, right down to Rey's change of hairstyle or Luke not being happy to see her on his Island or Finn having an arc away from Rey etc etc. Can you believe some antis even used the 'Reylos love showing off their literature/art/film studies' degrees around' as an actual argument??? As if being well versed in symbolism and film language is something to be ashamed off. And it has served Reylos really really well, especially in light of what Rian just said yesterday, because it means we've been correct in our interpretations over the sexual symbolism of TLJ just like we were with TFA. I'm actually convinced that Rian has read some Reylo metas, I'm not even kidding. I do remember back when they were filming TLJ he liked a tweet featuring an article that @nonesuch had written (aka starwarsnonsense from tumblr).
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 13 Mar 2018, 1:15 pm

nickandnora wrote:The thing that's different (and odd) about the attitude difference between Reylos and non-Reylos (from what I can see) is that 99% that support Reylo seem to be using a s***-ton of textual evidence to do so. Knowledge of movie tropes, symbolism, allusions to great works of romantic literature, plot diagrams, obvious visual cues, director/writer intent, etc. They (we) construct our arguments based on *actual* things that are present in the story. I can't figure out what the more vehement anti-Reylo crowd is constructing their arguments on, but it doesn't seem to amount to more than "personal opinion." And you know what? Not everyone's personal opinion is valid. Sometimes it's just wrong.

So while someone like Bryan Young defending the Reylos is nice (very nice, thank you Bryan), I also can't help but sigh a bit regardless. Because it's like someone defending someone else who insists that the sky is blue, and is being gas-lighted because a bunch of other people don't like the colour blue and argue that, therefore, the sky can't be blue. Do you blame the blue-sky defender for going a little mad for having to endure two years of that kind of WTF-ery? It's sad they'd need to be defended at all. Laughing
@nickandnora

I'm kind of annoyed that Reylos like to acknowledge a certain someone every time he seemingly throws us a bone. He comes off as condescending to me. Also, I think he's doing a lot of generalizing. Not all Reylos think Ben will turn just because he cares for Rey. He was already struggling before she was part of the picture, and he's more complicated than that. Like, if you read that thread he's saying "I'm going to try and wrap my head around what the delusional Reylos have been screaming about for two years to be fair, but yeah, it's not going to happen."

I wish Carrie were around Sad I think she'd totally see things our way.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 13 Mar 2018, 1:23 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
nickandnora wrote:The thing that's different (and odd) about the attitude difference between Reylos and non-Reylos (from what I can see) is that 99% that support Reylo seem to be using a s***-ton of textual evidence to do so. Knowledge of movie tropes, symbolism, allusions to great works of romantic literature, plot diagrams, obvious visual cues, director/writer intent, etc. They (we) construct our arguments based on *actual* things that are present in the story. I can't figure out what the more vehement anti-Reylo crowd is constructing their arguments on, but it doesn't seem to amount to more than "personal opinion." And you know what? Not everyone's personal opinion is valid. Sometimes it's just wrong.

So while someone like Bryan Young defending the Reylos is nice (very nice, thank you Bryan), I also can't help but sigh a bit regardless. Because it's like someone defending someone else who insists that the sky is blue, and is being gas-lighted because a bunch of other people don't like the colour blue and argue that, therefore, the sky can't be blue. Do you blame the blue-sky defender for going a little mad for having to endure two years of that kind of WTF-ery? It's sad they'd need to be defended at all. Laughing
@nickandnora

I'm kind of annoyed that Reylos like to acknowledge Bryan Young every time he seemingly throws us a bone. He comes off as condescending to me. Also, I think he's doing a lot of generalizing. Not all Reylos think Ben will turn just because he cares for Rey. He was already struggling before she was part of the picture, and he's more complicated than that. Like, if you read that thread he's saying "I'm going to try and wrap my head around what the delusional Reylos have been screaming about for two years to be fair, but yeah, it's not going to happen."

I wish Carrie were around Sad I think she'd totally see things our way.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I'm not really familiar with him, but I read the rest of the thread and see what you're saying.

I guess it's as someone else said: he's immersing himself in all sides of an argument so that one day he will be on the right side (or he will have fraternized with the right side) when all is said and done. Mildly annoying, but common I suppose.

Doesn't make the blue-sky arguer any less correct from the outset though. Smile

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 13 Mar 2018, 1:32 pm

Bryan Young, the reason it's a popular ship and seems "baked into the moral tapestry of Star Wars" is because it's literally canon. We're not making this up. We didn't do it, J.J. and Rian did.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 13 Mar 2018, 1:33 pm

Night Huntress wrote:Did Reylos really have a bad rap?? I'm not as long in the Reylo fandom as the most of you in this community and while I'm sure not everyone is a bright Rey of sunshine in our fandom... I'm positively surprised how nice and polite everyone is.

I joined Tumblr and Twitter only a short time ago...so I don't know how nasty things can get there. But I have the feeling it's mostly Reylo's defending themselves from Antis and not actively insulting or provoking others? scratch
@Night Huntress

The first comments at "the other place" when the reylo thread was created had comments like "lmao EWW INCEST!!"
I haven't seen much crazy reylo stuff anywhere, most are very much about being open to everything, respect everyone. No doubt there must be some extreme ones as you will find anywhere.
Overzealous or mean? Hmmmm I wonder why someone would get nasty like that? I wonder, maybe it's because they said we....
- supported incest
- supported domestic violence and rape
- are racists for not shipping finnrey
- are horny sexually frustrated women who have nothing better to do than to read twilight and 50 shades of grey who haven't gotten laid in awhile

Nope, you treat us like s*** like that, what do you expect?? Reylos never expected such a cruel backlash.

The hand sex scene is a good example. Before yesterday, just saying it was sexual made us look like OVERZEALOUS perverts.
We just analyzed the movie correctly, but it always takes the words of the movie people themselves to validate us. Before that happens, we are labeled as overzealous. And they are surprised if some get mean?? LOL

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Tue 13 Mar 2018, 2:02 pm

rey09 wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:Did Reylos really have a bad rap?? I'm not as long in the Reylo fandom as the most of you in this community and while I'm sure not everyone is a bright Rey of sunshine in our fandom... I'm positively surprised how nice and polite everyone is.

I joined Tumblr and Twitter only a short time ago...so I don't know how nasty things can get there. But I have the feeling it's mostly Reylo's defending themselves from Antis and not actively insulting or provoking others? scratch
@Night Huntress

The first comments at "the other place" when the reylo thread was created had comments like "lmao EWW INCEST!!"
I haven't seen much crazy reylo stuff anywhere, most are very much about being open to everything, respect everyone. No doubt there must be some extreme ones as you will find anywhere.
Overzealous or mean? Hmmmm I wonder why someone would get nasty like that? I wonder, maybe it's because they said we....
- supported incest
- supported domestic violence and rape
- are racists for not shipping finnrey
- are horny sexually frustrated women who have nothing better to do than to read twilight and 50 shades of grey who haven't gotten laid in awhile

Nope, you treat us like s*** like that, what do you expect?? Reylos never expected such a cruel backlash.

The hand sex scene is a good example. Before yesterday, just saying it was sexual made us look like OVERZEALOUS perverts.
We just analyzed the movie correctly, but it always takes the words of the movie people themselves to validate us. Before that happens, we are labeled as overzealous. And they are surprised if some get mean?? LOL
@rey09

I mean what was he even expecting with posting that tweet?

That we'd bow to him for defending us just because he has a little blue checkmark beside his name?

I'm sorry if I'm reading too much into that, but the condescension!!! Really!

I think Brian's trying to ride along the good Reylo waves right now. But I don't even know this guy, so his opinion doesn't hold much water when it comes to SW.

He's right there way below Matt Martin and Pablo, only Matt is nicer, and Pablo actually lords above them both in the hierarchy.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Tue 13 Mar 2018, 2:12 pm

Riri wrote:https://twitter.com/kylorensl/status/973574342503215105

Kylo deleted scene waiting for Rey to arrive
@Riri

Awww all these deleted scenes are giving me life I love you  
And this one is really short but so intense with the slow theme in the background.

I'm so sorry for what you went through in the past, it must have been really tough. I lived just a part of it and it was already frustrating enough.
But right now I don't care anymore, it's like I'm living a happy Reylo dream  cheers
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Tue 13 Mar 2018, 2:26 pm

After all this Reylo goodness & Anti attacks, Rian likes this on twitter; https://twitter.com/CassideeMoser/status/973597024112160768

All this Reylo rollercoaster riding is making me dizzy! Shocked
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 13 Mar 2018, 2:26 pm

Rian replied to a tweet about the 'pretty eyes' line!

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 40 Img_0326
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 13 Mar 2018, 2:30 pm

kroi wrote:After all this Reylo goodness & Anti attacks, Rian likes this on twitter; https://twitter.com/CassideeMoser/status/973597024112160768

@kroi

Ugh, Rian. Couldn't you let us have this for a few days at least?
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 13 Mar 2018, 2:32 pm

ZioRen wrote:
kroi wrote:After all this Reylo goodness & Anti attacks, Rian likes this on twitter; https://twitter.com/CassideeMoser/status/973597024112160768

All this Reylo rollercoaster riding is making me dizzy!  Shocked
@kroi

@ZioRen

I saw that "like" earlier and I've just been like scratch scratch scratch

Yesterday he was at SXSW talking about hand sex, today he's acknowledging this.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Tue 13 Mar 2018, 2:33 pm

ZioRen wrote:

@kroi

@ZioRen

I mean maybe it's just because they wanted to leave it ambiguous, but why put all the other Reylo comments & content out there? Or is it that Kylo's feelings were more romantic then Rey's?
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Tue 13 Mar 2018, 2:38 pm

kroi wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

All this Reylo rollercoaster riding is making me dizzy!  Shocked
@kroi

@ZioRen

I mean maybe it's just because they wanted to leave it ambiguous, but why put all the other Reylo comments & content out there? Or is it that Kylo's feelings were more romantic then Rey's?
@kroi

I think Kylo's feelings are a lot more romantic than Rey's are at this point. Rey begins to sympathize and have some feelings for him but not to the same extent that Kylo has for her.

Edit: I also don't think Rey yet fully understands her growing compassion for Kylo or that she thought of it in this romantic way tbh. Kylo may look at it in a very romantic way but Rey begins to sympathize and feel for him in the fact she relates to him. I don't think where this film starts off that it would make a lot of sense for Rey to fall head over heels in love or be thinking about it in that way yet.

-------

http://reylo.skyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=786

Last edited by whisperingwillow on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40