Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+72
Kyla Ren
Darth Rowan
RealAnise
ladyMxx
Mila Lazarus
DeeBee
guardienne
Sad Man
Man Without A Star
SW_Heroine_Journey
LadyGaufrette
KiraRen2015
Riri
loversinthestorm
Atenais
giaciak2
Lily Snape
Armadeus
IoJovi
SanghaRen
rey09
bashfulblueeyes3
kroi
GiGiMarie
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
Tex
followmylead-kylodriver
Mila95
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
SheLitAFire
Helix
MindAndMagic
lauvamp
EchoBase
unicorn
Darth_marshmallow
vaderito
Saracene
Good-olio Raeh
SkyStar
AhsokaTano
12 Parsnips
Moonlight13
tukicarreno
PrincessPorg
Ramblingrose
Starliteprism
Darth_Awakened
californiagirl
twilekempire
Birdwoman
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
special_cases
rawpowah
Night Huntress
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Dar-ren19
snufkin
Teo oswald
Cowgirlsamurai
Kylo Rey
motherofpearl1
76 posters

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion Empty The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by Riri Sun 18 Mar 2018, 8:02 am

@Cowgirlsamurai

I know, I cringed at the "I know" part of the video ha! They got some of the Anakin/Ben similarities but the Padrey ones were missing, like the coffin or when she says "I'll help you". The creator did say to let him know if any were missed!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 18 Mar 2018, 10:49 am

I find it interesting that Rey is called a 'true Jedi' by Snoke.....yet looking at her behaviour she doesn't seem like it. I remember Luke being told that Jedi use the Force for knowledge and defence. But Rey also used it to attack. She attacked Snoke in the throne room. She attacked Kylo after he proposed to her. She attacked Luke on Acht To. And I never will forget how she tormented Kylo at the end of TFA. For all of her belief in the Light Rey showed a lot of characteristics of the Dark. Hopefully we'll see more of this in IX
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 18 Mar 2018, 10:54 am

This moment will never not be funny

The Last Jedi General Discussion Tumblr_p5e9t0Zqsu1tu7563o3_r1_540

The Last Jedi General Discussion Tumblr_p5e9t0Zqsu1tu7563o2_540

The Last Jedi General Discussion Tumblr_p5e9t0Zqsu1tu7563o1_540

Look at Peavey in the background loool. Kylo is like: "I'm mad about my GF leaving and stomping my heart into pieces, wtf are you so mad about." I am so ready for these two to be at each other's throats in IX. They are going to destroy the FO with their petty rivalry. Peak b*****ness. A true Skywalker right there.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 18 Mar 2018, 11:24 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I find it interesting that Rey is called a 'true Jedi' by Snoke.....yet looking at her behaviour she doesn't seem like it. I remember Luke being told that Jedi use the Force for knowledge and defence. But Rey also used it to attack. She attacked Snoke in the throne room. She attacked Kylo after he proposed to her. She attacked Luke on Acht To. And I never will forget how she tormented Kylo at the end of TFA. For all of her belief in the Light Rey showed a lot of characteristics of the Dark. Hopefully we'll see more of this in IX
@motherofpearl1

Judging by his tone and the rest of the scene, I got the feeling that Snoke was mocking and trying to humiliate her when he said that.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 18 Mar 2018, 12:46 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:This moment will never not be funny

Look at Peavey in the background loool. Kylo is like: "I'm mad about my GF leaving and stomping my heart into pieces, wtf are you so mad about." I am so ready for these two to be at each other's throats in IX. They are going to destroy the FO with their petty rivalry. Peak b*****ness. A true Skywalker right there.
@Kylo Rey

I look at that scene I do not control myself, I laugh for minutes Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 18 Mar 2018, 12:51 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai Agreed, the whole point was to show was a horrible, sadistic (and Serkis said he played him as a misogynist) individual Snoke was. He just needs to get the intel from Rey but the whole time he's obviously enjoying himself by insulting, belittling her, tossing her around, and hurting her. Which makes it even more satisfying that he gets killed because he ignored her initial warning to not underestimate her and Ben. Especially right before he gets sliced, because he's so aroused/excited by the anticipation of seeing Ben kill her. No Snoke theories required other than a truly awful being who finally got what was coming to him.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 18 Mar 2018, 1:20 pm

snufkin wrote:@Cowgirlsamurai Agreed, the whole point was to show was a horrible, sadistic (and Serkis said he played him as a misogynist) individual Snoke was. He just needs to get the intel from Rey but the whole time he's obviously enjoying himself by insulting, belittling her, tossing her around, and hurting her. Which makes it even more satisfying that he gets killed because he ignored her initial warning to not underestimate her and Ben. Especially right before he gets sliced, because he's so aroused/excited by the anticipation of seeing Ben kill her. No Snoke theories required other than a truly awful being who finally got what was coming to him.
@snufkin

Yes, I was thinking about when he says, “Still that fiery spit of hope!” He’s not impressed by her. Quite the opposite. He makes fun of what she thought she could use (Ben’s weakness and her limited skillz) to defeat him. He was over the top cruel to both Rey and Ben and it’s all on display in that one scene. I was ready for him to go before he even suggests Ben kill her.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Sun 18 Mar 2018, 1:21 pm

Riri wrote:@Cowgirlsamurai

I know, I cringed at the "I know" part of the video ha! They got some of the Anakin/Ben similarities but the Padrey ones were missing, like the coffin or when she says "I'll help you". The creator did say to let him know if any were missed!
@Riri

Haven’t watched it yet but they didn’t include the proposal?!
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 18 Mar 2018, 1:27 pm

@Dar-ren19

They did include the proposal under "Rule the galaxy" and paralleled it to Anakin/Padme and Vader/Luke

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Sun 18 Mar 2018, 2:11 pm

Riri wrote:@Dar-ren19

They did include the proposal under "Rule the galaxy" and paralleled it to Anakin/Padme and Vader/Luke
@Riri

Ugh. Thanks Riri.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 18 Mar 2018, 6:40 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
snufkin wrote:@Cowgirlsamurai Agreed, the whole point was to show was a horrible, sadistic (and Serkis said he played him as a misogynist) individual Snoke was. He just needs to get the intel from Rey but the whole time he's obviously enjoying himself by insulting, belittling her, tossing her around, and hurting her. Which makes it even more satisfying that he gets killed because he ignored her initial warning to not underestimate her and Ben. Especially right before he gets sliced, because he's so aroused/excited by the anticipation of seeing Ben kill her. No Snoke theories required other than a truly awful being who finally got what was coming to him.
@snufkin

Yes, I was thinking about when he says, “Still that fiery spit of hope!” He’s not impressed by her. Quite the opposite. He makes fun of what she thought she could use (Ben’s weakness and her limited skillz) to defeat him. He was over the top cruel to both Rey and Ben and it’s all on display in that one scene. I was ready for him to go before he even suggests Ben kill her.

@Cowgirlsamurai

I'd like think he was channeling his mom a little bit in that moment, like how she strangled Jabba.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 18 Mar 2018, 7:24 pm

@snufkin

Yes! Just waiting for the right moment to strike. He also had his gold bikini moment in this film with the high waisted pants Laughing Like mother, like son?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 18 Mar 2018, 9:26 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai I have seen a couple comments comparing those two moments! The other thing with Snoke taunting Rey is that you also see it in the deleted scene with Rose and Hux, who also gets his comeuppance.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 18 Mar 2018, 10:31 pm

@Kylo Rey

Actually it's amazing how normal Kylo looks compared to fanatical Hux in that moment when Kylo is going to have the breakdown, lol.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 18 Mar 2018, 10:50 pm

Hi all- I had a thought inspired by @Starliteprism 's mesmerising new sig! [of Luke blowing apart the smut hut]

I think there's some wonderful poetry here..
We saw Kylo/Ben blow apart his jedi hut and bring the roof down on Luke..
then, we see Luke blow apart the smut hut raising the roof away from Kylo/Ben and Rey.
So interesting..
And.. maybe this is more poetic than I realised at first! lol. Because:
The last time Kylo/Ben and Luke saw each other - Kylo/Ben was using the force to bring the roof down on Luke..
and the very next time Kylo/Ben and Luke see each other - Luke is using the force to raise the roof on Kylo/Ben.
I'd include images but I've gone none at this point. lol.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:09 am

@DeeBee - yeah, I like the whole "raise the roof" metaphor too...
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 19 Mar 2018, 1:01 am

@Kylo Rey

I know, I love this scene. The look on Kylo (and Peavy’s) faces are hilarious.

Somehow, I forgot that Peavy was on the command shuttle during this scene! I guess I concentrated too much on Kylo during this scene...(it wouldn’t be the first time). I’m glad Peavy survived and wasn’t on the Finalizer when Holdo hit it with the Raddus.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 19 Mar 2018, 1:06 am

Kessel wrote:

@Kylo Rey

I know, I love this scene. The look on Kylo (and Peavy’s) faces are hilarious.

Somehow, I forgot that Peavy was on the command shuttle during this scene! I guess I concentrated too much on Kylo during this scene...(it wouldn’t be the first time). I’m glad Peavy survived and wasn’t on the Finalizer when Holdo hit it with the Raddus.
@Kessel

Me too! Maybe Peavy will end up being Kylo's imperial friend in Episode IX, because he definitely thinks that Hux is an idiot, lol.

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 19 Mar 2018, 1:17 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:

Me too! Maybe Peavy will end up being Kylo's imperial friend in Episode IX, because he definitely thinks that Hux is an idiot, lol.

@SoloSideCousin

Yeah, I'd love that!!! I'm not sure the higher ranks of the FO prefer Hux over Kylo... they are both horrible, but other than Hux I don't think Kylo would interfere much in the FO military.

My head canon is that the FO will break into 2 factions..
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 19 Mar 2018, 2:07 am

I hope Peavy is in Episode IX too. Him low key supporting Kylo because he hates Hux even more would be hilarious and awesome.

I’m sorry Captain Canady of the Fulminatrix didn’t survive in Episode VIII. I would have liked to see him in Episode IX too. I never thought I’d like those crusty old imperials!
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 19 Mar 2018, 5:56 am

I think I've just found another Easter egg which kinda convinced me that Rey's vision is yet to come true.

I was just watching Attack of the Clones last week, listen to the dialogue here (towards the middle).
Anakin to Padme: I saw my mother, she's suffering Padme. I saw her as clearly as I see you now.

Then there's Reys dialogue to Luke:Just now when we touched hands, I saw his future, as solid as i'm seeing you.

We know Anakins vision came true, his mother was suffering and eventually died in his arms. Surely Rey couldn't have misinterpreted her vision if it was as "solid" and "clear" as Anakins?

There are also a couple of instances that setup why she trusts her visions so much
1) When she saw the island in her dreams and it actually comes true.
2) Vision of the future when she touches the lightsaber and faces Kylo in the trees (TFA) which comes true.

The difference with the aftermath of the Throne Room is that she realizes she can't fast-track the future, the vision will come true as the force wills and she "will wait" Smile

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 19 Mar 2018, 6:04 am

@Riri This is amazing and just what I needed to hear today!
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 19 Mar 2018, 6:04 am

If I remember correctly, Rey's vision is the only example of "good" vision in SW. When the future is light, not dark.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 19 Mar 2018, 7:19 am

Just heard TLJ won best film, best director for Rian and best actress for Daisy in Empire Awards!!! cheers Still peeved Adam didnt get a nom as best supporting actor though. Angry
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Mon 19 Mar 2018, 11:58 am

special_cases wrote:If I remember correctly, Rey's vision is the only example of "good" vision in SW. When the future is light, not dark.
@special_cases

Even more telling Daisy says Kylo thinks he's doing right by staying with The First Order. He doesn't view his actions as evil but altruistic.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next