Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

+46
Darth Rowan
whisperingwillow
Mila95
adamdrivershair
Irina de France
SW_Heroine_Journey
Darth Dementor
bashfulblueeyes3
Apriljandy
LadyHa
rawpowah
Cowgirlsamurai
12 Parsnips
californiagirl
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
Moonjump05
Starliteprism
special_cases
nickandnora
rey09
Night Huntress
SoloSideCousin
tukicarreno
DeeBee
Reynak
Birdwoman
IoJovi
ISeeAnIsland
Xylo Ren
Riri
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
lauvamp
Piper Maru
Reylo Lemon
Kylo Rey
Teo oswald
thescavenger
MyOnlyHope
Lily Snape
snufkin
Saracene
giaciak2
Dar-ren19
Kessel
50 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by Darth Rowan Tue 19 Jun 2018, 3:54 am

Kessel wrote:
rey09 wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:Tiffany is all of us lmao.

"Do you have a gf?"
"No."
"Then who is this b----?"
Lol
@SheLitAFire

LMAOO OMG THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!! ANOTHER REYLO GIFT!!!
"You're like a f*****d up keanu reeves"

LMAO DEAD
@rey09

I literally burst out laughing when she said that. It was the most hilarious part! Followed closely by the Reylotastic “then who is this b.....?”
@Kessel

LOL same. And "Are you a big old freak?" and Kylo's like: YES.
This is the best thing ever. XD
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by ReyofLightSide Tue 19 Jun 2018, 8:43 am

LadyHa wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:Adam attended the awards, didn't he?
@SheLitAFire
I don’t know - I don’t think he attended for The Force Awakens awards.

“It was just a shirtless conversation!”
@LadyHa

Just two cousins having a shirtless conversation! Razz
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 19 Jun 2018, 9:57 am

"why is the force connecting us?"
"idk, but I ain't mad at it"

"a man in highwaisted pants is my biggest weakness!!!"
..."OMG."

"Oh now she runnin' "
"you're going to pay for what you did"
"well you're going to pay to fix my boob!"

ROFL
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 19 Jun 2018, 11:03 am

Absolutely loved it!  And wearing the sunglasses was an added bonus.  He is the sun/son, after all! Very Happy Razz

The vibrator portion...OMG!  "It's for my back!" lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 19 Jun 2018, 11:12 am

That was the funniest skit mtv has done in years. Loved it!
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 19 Jun 2018, 2:50 pm

That was so funny, I was crying with laughter the first time I watched it. Reylo is soooo mainstream now. It's unavoidable and when it eventually becomes canon endgame it's going to be a huge part of pop culture, imo. Jealous Rey is everything. "IT'S FOR MY BACK!" Lmaoooo. Also, nobody pointed out that she says in the last 'connection scene' "all these fine a** white boys coming up out of nowhere" HAHAHA.

I ship Tiffany x Kylo LOL. Tifflo? Kylany?
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 19 Jun 2018, 3:41 pm

Perhaps silly to place weight on a comedic skit at the MTV Awards, yet it indicates that not only is Reylo mainstream, yet it is not viewed as abusive or racist by the mainstream.  (If it was, the skit would not have been created, or unfolded differently)

We knew it was not, yet sometimes, the toxic fans/trolls/antis can be so loud, one wonders the effect on the mainstream if they notice such voices.

Yes! Squeee!!!  

I loved the skit for so many reasons! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 19 Jun 2018, 3:50 pm

And it sounded like the audience in the auditorium really enjoyed it. Lots of laughter and cheering
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 19 Jun 2018, 4:03 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:And it sounded like the audience in the auditorium really enjoyed it. Lots of laughter and cheering
@SheLitAFire

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. There were loads of cheers when he first popped up in the skit and then you could hear loads of women cheering/clapping when he was shirtless lol. He is popular with the ladies. Then they cut to Chris Pratt and the audience when it was over and he was laughing lol. Also, when they showed Kylo's clip when presenting the best villain nominees I think he got one of the louder cheers too, although on the whole the cheers were kind of muted for the villains, even MBJ's Killmonger. They had Kylo's "I'll destroy you and the Last Jedi" rant to Luke in the clip, and Rey calling him a monster and him replying with "yes I am" aka one of the hottest moments of the movie Laughing
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Tue 19 Jun 2018, 11:48 pm

So, did this skit open the Awards or was it in the middle somewhere?
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 20 Jun 2018, 8:45 am

For some reason, removing the Rey parts of the bond conversations and replacing it with flirtatious banter, and isolating just Kylo's parts makes it extra clear just how sexually Kylo was portrayed if TLJ, lol. Like, all you can focus on is his intense eyes, and quivering lips, and pecs, etc. It's pretty hilarious.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 07 Jul 2018, 1:11 pm

Sorry if this was already discussed but I’m on mobile and seeing it now:
Article by the Nerdist:
https://nerdist.com/reylo-lightsaber-connection-star-wars-nne/

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 7 29488b10

Lol the ship sails itself! XD

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 7 2z87w2a
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Sat 07 Jul 2018, 2:59 pm

They credited leofgyth! Finally. It's been so frustrating to see her work unattributed over and over.
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 07 Jul 2018, 7:43 pm

That’s great they actually credited because people have stolen content from here like writing and translation. And it’s almost always something a female fan did.

Thing with that analysis they must have choreographed and trained the actors together because the moves are identical. Which is like how Snow Fight was choreographed for them to mirror each other.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Sun 08 Jul 2018, 12:48 am

nickandnora wrote:For some reason, removing the Rey parts of the bond conversations and replacing it with flirtatious banter, and isolating just Kylo's parts makes it extra clear just how sexually Kylo was portrayed if TLJ, lol. Like, all you can focus on is his intense eyes, and quivering lips, and pecs, etc. It's pretty hilarious.
@nickandnora

well, I'm assuming they didn't hire Adam Driver just for his pretty eyes Wink
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 25 Jul 2018, 6:55 pm

Random but Witness just popped up on Amazon Prime and I had forgot that there’s a scene when the from different worlds but with insane sexual tension leads have a moment where one walks in on the other shirtless. When Ford’s character walks in on the young Amish widow while she’s taking a sponge bath. So she turns around and looks him in the eyes while showing herself to him. Which is how she communicates back to him that she feels it too. Granted Kylo wasn’t taking a sponge bath, but same type of scene. And Ford’s character is as flummoxed as Rey is in that scene
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 28 Jul 2018, 1:03 pm

Kind of random but I was finished a book called the Sea of the Tranquility. When I read the blurb I thought, wow this sounds so reylo, and omg, this book really is mindblowing reylo!!! Like I HIGHLY recommend. It's about two high school students who have both gone through a lot of trauma, both damaged in their own ways. The girl has decided to not speak to anyone ever since, but when she meets this guy, there is something about him...He is also drawn to her. I'd say the girl is more Kylo as she is someone who really is unable to let go of the resentment she holds while the guy is resigned to his fate. They have this unspoken understanding of each other. Over time, their friendship gets very deep and very very intimate. There's also a lot of sarcasm and humor to ease the romantic tension, but accelerates the sexual tension loll. It's a story about love and loss, of finding belonging and healing with someone who has the same sad experiences, and ultimately of hope and second chances. And ok, I'd say when I saw the very last sentences, I was like WOW. Ok that was the most reylo of all- fate, destiny and all. I was shocked...

It is SUCH a beautiful story and honestly think every reylo should read lol!! The first 50 pages were boring, I was so close to just reading the summary online because my patience was wearing thin, but then decided to just read since it has lots of good reviews. I'm soo glad I read it because after skipping a few pages, I could.not.put.it.down. I really hope JJ uses a lot of the elements I saw here to wrap up reylo.

"It’s an invitation, a welcome, the knowledge that I am accepted here. He hasn’t given me a place to sit. He’s given me a place to belong."

“We're like mysteries to one another. Maybe if I can solve him and he can solve me, we can explain each other. Maybe that's what I need. Someone to explain me.” - quote I found very reylo (there's way more!)

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Sat 28 Jul 2018, 5:33 pm

Who's the author?
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 28 Jul 2018, 5:37 pm

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 29 Jul 2018, 7:43 am

@rey09

Thanks so much. I’ve just ordered the book.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 29 Jul 2018, 10:39 am

Riri wrote:@rey09

Thanks so much. I’ve just ordered the book.
@Riri

=D Tell me what you think!! It was slow until like page 50/60 so don't quit like I was about to loll

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 30 Jul 2018, 5:01 pm

Lindsay Ellis has been doing a series of short videos she writes and narrates about literature in collaboration with PBS' Great American Read campaign over the summer. She just put up this one about romance novels. Lindsay distinguishes between a romance novel and a general love story, and the ST seems more the latter, since it is not by nor exclusively for women, and there's a big emphasis on the heroine's personal journey. These topics may have already been discussed here, but it still seemed relevant.

californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 07 Sep 2018, 4:59 pm

Given the discussions of the female gaze and various actors/characters who are comfortable with it like Keanu Reeves, I thought this tribute to Burt Reynolds was on the money for what we've seen in the ST

What I’ve always loved about Reynolds is how well he worked with women. It wasn’t just plain desire, either. There is a glint of respect and camaraderie he has with the women he shares a screen with. He worked best with highly distinctive, ultra-feminine powerhouses like Dolly Parton, Jill Clayburgh, Candice Bergen, and Goldie Hawn. He didn’t trample over their lines or force scenes to pivot around him — he made room for them. He knew they were powerful and let them shine in a way we don’t quite see in Hollywood anymore.

ETA, another mention of the female gaze in an appreciation. It's always strange to see fans passionately argue that not only is Rey indifferent to him but that she's not sexual because that side of her comes out in force (har har) whenever she's around Kylo/Ben and he reveals part of himself to her

Back in the sexual Stone Age, it was assumed that straight men were so genetically overheated that Mother Nature hard-wired them to gawp at images of bare-naked ladies. Women, on the other hand, were her empathic creations: nurturing, maternal, their libidinal thermostats permanently set to low cool.

If a hunk of man-flesh suddenly came into view, a woman’s gaze was expected to rest some place well north of the belt buckle. What a woman was considered to want most from a man — in ancient times before Tinder and rampant sexting — was to gaze soulfully into his eyes.

It seems unimaginable now that Reynolds was making a radical break with Hollywood taboos about male nudity, let alone full-frontal, by agreeing to appear in the altogether for a mainstream publication now that every actor from Jason Segel to Daniel Radcliffe has shown us his junk. Yet in consenting to the Cosmo editor Helen Gurley Brown’s proposition (she made it to him while he was sitting in for Johnny Carson as host of the “Tonight” show) that he become the first male centerfold, Reynolds was not only helping to propel us into a new era in women’s magazine publishing but also a refreshed understanding of what women desire.

Brown herself said so. “At the time, you know, men liked to look at women naked,” she once told James Landers, the author of a book on the first 100 years of Cosmopolitan magazine “Well, nobody talked about it, but women liked to look at men naked. I did.’’

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 22 Sep 2018, 11:54 am

I know this is specifically about more adult historical romance novels, but it reminds me so much of the things we talk about here. The author tells about her love of romance, written in the format of a love story. Long and tortuous but with a happy ending. The discussion of how both parties, the author and the genre, have to evolve into better people, with the whole discussion of female agency and not letting the guys be entitled with all the power, especially struck a chord and totally reminded me of here, and of Rey and Kylo.

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/268521/#!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 07 Oct 2018, 7:38 pm

A piece about shipping wars and the ridiculousness of the moral outrage it inspires on Tumblr and the like. The toxicity and horrible things fans do to each other and creators alike. When things are labeled "problematic" and "abusive". So much of this looks so familiar....

Emphasis is on the Voltron fandom, but mentions a few others in passing too (the "Rey & Kylo promotes incest!" bit).

https://geekdad.com/2018/10/toxic-fandom-when-criticism-and-entitlement-go-too-far/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next