Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+78
AceofWands
Oscarborough-fairo
GiGiMarie
SkyStar
reylo1992
FrolickingFizzgig
tippytoo
Maria26
Moonjump05
Moonlight13
Lily Snape
BigDeal2187
cherrylipstick
fuhry
Nyx
unicorn
SheLitAFire
spacebaby45678
Mila95
ImperialReylo713
Night Huntress
DeeBee
Forsythia
loversinthestorm
Casper
Atenais
SoloSideCousin
ladyMxx
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
lauvamp
Dar-ren19
Lovely_Rose
justyou
Mila Lazarus
12 Parsnips
bashfulblueeyes3
YeeRees
Acritiqua
Reylo Lemon
Birdwoman
tukicarreno
BB-Rey
roguepixie
Geralt_Riv
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
Darth Rowan
AhsokaTano
MindAndMagic
Teo oswald
Starliteprism
rey09
EchoBase
MrsWindu
PalmettoBlue
LadyGaufrette
Saracene
vaderito
ZioRen
olyer
giaciak2
Kylo Rey
nemapasara
Chris24601
rawpowah
kroi
SanghaRen
Riri
MaddieDove
thescavenger
whisperingwillow
special_cases
Cowgirlsamurai
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
Man Without A Star
Kessel
82 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 39 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Teo oswald Wed 24 Apr 2019, 4:03 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 39 Tumblr_pqh97ytjBM1vyqz0u_540

About that Vanity Fair shoot…
Joanna is a senior writer for Vanity Fair, and she randomly tweeted this earlier this month….

I can't wait to see at photoshoot of rey and kylo REN TOGETHER
they must give us one!!!!

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 39 Tumblr_pqhbiebA9v1vyqz0u_540
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 24 Apr 2019, 4:49 pm

I'm very skeptical that this person is telling the truth. Rando Reylos have done this before, i.e. make sh*t up for reactions. There was talk about Vanity Fair yesterday and this popping up at that time makes me very suspicious.

Of course there was that one time a Reylo got into a TLJ screening like 2 weeks before the film's release, LOL. Nobody believed her either.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 24 Apr 2019, 5:00 pm

Same Fizz. We know that people lurk here and swipe content (posts and scans) for Tumblr and Reddit. So I'm a little skeptical how the topic came up here at random (which full disclosure, I think Vanity Fair's coverage has been terrible & actually does more harm than good in promoting the ST) when it hasn't been a topic of discussion on all the fandom watering holes. All of a sudden people are speculating about it and claiming to know something about photos. What a coincidence! Which above claimant has now locked her social media account to private and changed her profile to say "I haven't seen the photos."

I mean, sh*t, one of my uncles knew James Earl Jones' wife and one of my siblings had a roommate who was neighbors/friends with the couple who catered the original Skywalker Ranch Christmas parties. So I guess that makes me an insider, huh? Maybe I just need to start claiming that I've seen the photos too because I have "connections." I can reasonably predict that whenever the issue comes out, it'll be another dud where we get the equivalent of class picture day in the school cafeteria and more fanboy fawning about Luke Skywalker where maybe at best some "you go girl/the Future is Female" lip service while repeating the above writer's personal belief that the central relationship is meant to be a cautionary tale for young ladies.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 24 Apr 2019, 5:04 pm

Teo oswald wrote:I can’t believe Michael Walsh, creator of the TLJ comic ? ahah

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 39 Tumblr_inline_p7ro4iKR5I1um03lu_500

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 39 Tumblr_inline_p7ro4iCJKI1um03lu_500

@Teo oswald

haa! So interesting, considering I thought TLJ comic adaptation really played down the sexual tension!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Wed 24 Apr 2019, 5:07 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 39 Tumblr10
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 39 Tumblr10

Alex Kane is a journalist who also writers for SW.com. I mean, I don't know how much he'd know and this is probably good-nature joking but it's interesting how confident he is in those statements.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 24 Apr 2019, 5:29 pm

@nemapasara He's active on Twitter and writes as a freelancer for SW. He's firmly in the camp that Ben is meant to "come back to the Light," including his relationship with Rey being the heart of the ST. I'd also say just from reading his discussions with other fans on Twitter, he's actually a way more objective observer than anything we're going to get out of Vanity Fair's stable of writers - who aren't going to be skeptical or ask questions, their goal is to maintain insider status/connections to the production companies (think of the entire spread they did on behalf of Disney/Marvel). This is a big part of why I really want to like Joanna Robinson, because she seems to mean well, but roll my eyes everytime she makes some reference to Cameron Crowe/Almost Famous. Because she seems to miss the "these people are not your friends" line that Phillip Seymour Hoffman's version of Lester Bangs states throughout that movie. Vanity Fair in its current state and its relationship to Lucasfilm or any/all Disney related properties very much wants to stay friends and isn't going to tell the truth (or even just an interesting story) because that would mean losing access to the gatekeepers.

My general impression is that Alex via Twitter is that he's put far more thought into how he arrived at his opinions and which didn't involve maintaining access to the studio or actor's public relations team. That's the difference with how Rolling Stone did the original cover issues - they managed to get you as a reader hyped/excited about seeing the movie but they were also pretty honest/insightful about the machine behind it and the toll the cast sometimes had to pay in being part of the spectacle. You won't see that from Vanity Fair (LBR the best and last good writer they had was Dominic Dunne) nor are you going to see that from other freelance stringers who write on behalf of Star Wars in the hopes of getting hired in-house.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo Thu 25 Apr 2019, 2:59 am

Have you guys seen the newly released interview with Daisy and the others? " sleemo" has just uploaded it. The riporter asked her about the Kylo/Rey thing.

I don't know about you, but it made me worried a bit.
As we know, Daisy dislikes "reylo" for some twisted, unclear reason and in this context the interview doesn't sound that good at all.
She said they changed the " ending " of their relationship while they were filming episode IX.

"  I heard that and then I heard something different, and it was all sort of developing as we went. So I was surprised. But it felt, for me, very satisfying. "

And she said it was satisfaying for her...

She also said that JJ was open for everyone's suggestion and he made them on screen. As if he didn't even have any scipt and he just made the whole episode 9 based on their improvisation and their taste. And we all know how close Daisy and JJ are. Daisy complained Rian to change the episode 8 script, but Rian didn't pay any attention to her hysteria and told her to do her job. Please, don't misundertand me, I'm not agaisnt Daisy Ridley...but if their romance won't happen in the ending movie..you all know it will be the consequence of her infulence on the script. I wouldn't be surprised at all. I can see her talking to JJ and telling him not to make it romantic and let Rey stay with her friends.

I don't know, I'm just really worried Sad

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Thu 25 Apr 2019, 3:07 am

And what if Adam voiced his suggestions about something more obvious and sentimental?

This is depressing. Sad

Maybe JJ can change everything in editing. Twisted Evil
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 25 Apr 2019, 3:36 am

What I find strange about this interview is that it hasn't been aired like other interviews earlier. Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like Sleemo found it while looking exactly for this moment because it was announced and promoted previously. And the interview was uploaded 04/17, so almost a week ago.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 25 Apr 2019, 4:39 am

I doubt it would be something as huge as changing it from romantic to platonic, if they had romance in the cards from day 1 then that is exactly what they will do. KK even said the ending is what she had hoped since day 1. What Daisy is referring to could easily be them kissing out in the open changed to them kissing on the falcon. She even said they added another beat to the story at the end, without any context it's really hard to tell what it could be. Daisy has mentioned redemption like three times already and said Reylo could be explored with redemption. Her opinion on Reylo was in relation to the end of TLJ, she even said she would get in trouble for revealing that Kylo won't be semi naked - that's very telling of what she can/can't reveal of her relationship with Kylo, so there's no way she would do anything but tease the Rey-Kylo relationship.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 25 Apr 2019, 5:16 am

Riri wrote:I doubt it would be something as huge as changing it from romantic to platonic, if they had romance in the cards from day 1 then that is exactly what they will do. KK even said the ending is what she had hoped since day 1. What Daisy is referring to could easily be them kissing out in the open changed to them kissing on the falcon. She even said they added another beat to the story at the end, without any context it's really hard to tell what it could be. Daisy has mentioned redemption like three times already and said Reylo could be explored with redemption. Her opinion on Reylo was in relation to the end of TLJ, she even said she would get in trouble for revealing that Kylo won't be semi naked - that's very telling of what she can/can't reveal of her relationship with Kylo, so there's no way she would do anything but tease the Rey-Kylo relationship.
@Riri

*headcanon* Maybe Kylo is not only semi naked, but Rey is as well and THAT would paint a fun little picture. Bahahaha!
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm Thu 25 Apr 2019, 5:50 am

I don’t think she could change everything but she definitely could ask for jjj go change a kiss for a hug or a look, something much more subtle. I will be disappointed but as long as we get redemption I can get over it

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo Thu 25 Apr 2019, 6:04 am

@Riri I hope you're right! Smile

I just find it strange that Daisy was totally surprised by the romance between her character and Kylo in episode VIII. And her attitude, like she's so openly against Rey having romantic relationship, that it's just odd. Like love is one of the main elements of this saga...
I thought both Daisy and Adam knew about it from the very start. It makes it look as if it wasn't among the early plans, only the redemtion.

I just can't wait until December, all the stress and everything..how am i gonna survive this madness Very Happy

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Thu 25 Apr 2019, 6:09 am

I wouldn't jump the gun about Daisy influencing the romance aspect of the film. Based on leaks romance is definitely apart of their dynamic. And I'm sure we'll get a kiss as well. I also think she isn't as put off by Reylo as some may think. I saw her hesitance to back it right now as more of a way to protect herself as an actress than anything. As it stands it's not "safe" to completely ship Reylo, and she could have certainly been slandered online had she given her support 100 %. Wait until after the film is over and this relationship is resolved; I'm almost certain her tone will change.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 25 Apr 2019, 6:16 am

Re: VF tweet. Yeah, I think it's something to do with Carrie again, and BFG. I know that some redditors were so moved when JJ tweeted the photo of BFG hugging but I only raised my eyebrows thinking "Am I supposed to feel something? They don't know each other!"

so yea, my guess is trio push and Carrie. Saves me money ha ha.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Thu 25 Apr 2019, 6:22 am

For the VF photo shoot my guess is that there will be multiple shots with different themes. Kylo/Rey will be the most prominent, followed by Poe/Finn/Rose or Poe/Finn/Rey. Carrie may either get a solo shot or get a mention in the article piece. Although Reylo would be spoilery, I feel like they have to show it in some form this time because this final plot revolves around those two. It doesn't necessarily have to have a shippy element to it either, although I think it will.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo Thu 25 Apr 2019, 7:01 am

@vaderito

I'm sorry but it was hilarious that literally nobody was cheering when they showed that picture of the forced trio at the episode IX panel. There was no reaction at all from the audience, there was dead silent in the hall.

I hope JJ got the message lol

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 25 Apr 2019, 8:54 am

Oscarborough-fairo wrote:@vaderito

I'm sorry but it was hilarious that literally nobody was cheering when they showed that picture of the forced trio at the episode IX panel. There was no reaction at all from the audience, there was dead silent in the hall.

I hope JJ got the message lol
@Oscarborough-fairo

too late fir getting the message but they should be a little concerned. though that was easy to predict. those characters barely spent time together so acting like they are some amazing friends and that audience can't wait to see them together is laughable. they are not The Avengers.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 25 Apr 2019, 9:27 am

Poe and Finn and Finn and Rey, sure. But trying to act like happy trio times are some kind of satisfying payoff for the audience is funny. Rey and Poe's entire friendship would have to have been established in the time skip, which means it's not all that emotionally affecting. I think they're somehow projecting the actors' feelings onto the audience when the truth is the general audience and fan audience seem pretty lukewarm on the "beautiful friendship gang" over all.

Han, Luke and Leia they are certainly not, but I think JJ might be thinking like some fans that there must be a hero trio that is treated as such, even when both previous movies didn't establish that well at all.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Thu 25 Apr 2019, 9:33 am

What I've observed is that Daisy gets annoyed by all the questions she can't answer. I wouldn't read much into it.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 25 Apr 2019, 10:18 am

I know that they had a script long before filming, which is good, since JJ has said he's gone into movies without that, which is kind of awful. But most movies change noticeably during production and post-production. JJ especially likes to do this. No one panicked when Oscar said this multiple times last year, Daisy's saying the same thing as he has. TFA changed quite a bit as well while they were making it.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 25 Apr 2019, 12:38 pm

ahaha nice answer Smile

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 39 Tumblr_pqiwlhychh1vubvjb_1280

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 39 Tumblr_pqiwlgxUvn1vubvjb_1280
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 25 Apr 2019, 1:39 pm

Teo oswald wrote:ahaha nice answer Smile

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 39 Tumblr_pqiwlhychh1vubvjb_1280

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 39 Tumblr_pqiwlgxUvn1vubvjb_1280
@Teo oswald

That's precious! LOL
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 25 Apr 2019, 2:07 pm

californiagirl wrote:I know that they had a script long before filming, which is good, since JJ has said he's gone into movies without that, which is kind of awful. But most movies change noticeably during production and post-production. JJ especially likes to do this. No one panicked when Oscar said this multiple times last year, Daisy's saying the same thing as he has. TFA changed quite a bit as well while they were making it.
@californiagirl

Yeah, I don't know if you guys are summing up the interview with Daisy or something is being lost in translation or what, but there was a script. J.J. said as much before they started filming (it was on a late night talk show). Daisy has mentioned that there was something about the ending that was changed (or added), but she's described it as a different "beat" that was otherwise pretty much as she was told. I don't think it would be something as big as "the entire relationship was changed." But I need a link and exact words for what you guys are talking about. This is how the telephone game happens.

I have no idea why anyone thinks Adam would voice anything about his opinion about Reylo, and why it should be changed from romantic to platonic. This is not something Adam has control over, and furthermore he has stated: "I have no preference whatsoever" (about how they resolve the story in general) which is the RIGHT answer. Adam knows his place as an actor (a damn good one, but an actor) and a consummate professional. If the interviews with Daisy sound strange it's because she's less experienced and under strain not to spoil under any circumstances; she likely overcompensates when trying to misdirect. But I get the sense she's doing the best she can.

But my main point is that I don't think she's even saying what you guys are thinking she's saying, and/or people in the fandom are extrapolating some really big fears onto her words.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 25 Apr 2019, 3:07 pm

@nickandnora Word. Yes, this is interpreted from Daisy's interview. Even though I don't think she said anything we didn't already know. She's under more pressure than anyone in the cast, she's the lead and the role model, and she actually wants to live up to those expectations as well. Adam doesn't have those expectations and that weight on his shoulders, even if his character is crucial.

I honestly feel bad for Daisy, she has the hardest press job here along with JJ. She's really trying, but can't actually say anything, and people freak out over what she does say. There's just no doing it right.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next