Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+86
Armadeus
Krafty
Gemlake
vinventure12
nickandnora
GiGiMarie
shii405
nana7marie
Sad Man
FrolickingFizzgig
Kyla Ren
grimbergen
KiraRen2015
cherrylipstick
Socialnole
reylo1992
giaciak2
Moonjump05
Mielikki
Geralt_Riv
SkyStar
LadyGaufrette
krissy01
nemapasara
olyer
Blood Moon
Moonlight13
SheLitAFire
Casper
californiagirl
12 Parsnips
tukicarreno
Forsythia
spacebaby45678
special_cases
Riri
Maria26
Teo oswald
rey09
AhsokaTano
SW_Heroine_Journey
snufkin
Starliteprism
ImperialReylo713
Casey Kanata
vaderito
Reylo Lemon
Nyx
whisperingwillow
Dar-ren19
motherofpearl1
Darth Rowan
unicorn
lauvamp
Mila95
madeinmn
MindAndMagic
loversinthestorm
Man Without A Star
SoloSideCousin
ZioRen
Lovely_Rose
TracylovesOUAT
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Chris24601
Cowgirlsamurai
EchoBase
ISeeAnIsland
MaddieDove
Saracene
ladyMxx
PalmettoBlue
justyou
MrsWindu
Atenais
rawpowah
Lily Snape
fuhry
bashfulblueeyes3
Kessel
Birdwoman
SanghaRen
DeeBee
Kylo Rey
Night Huntress
90 posters

Page 41 of 41 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 41 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Night Huntress Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:00 am

@Teo oswald

Be the Force you are right! Haha, that would be so awesome! H-beating
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 41 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:03 am

@Starliteprism
@Night Huntress

right? it's a scene that you see in many movies, I'm glad we think the same way.
Droids are witnesses of many kisses Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:06 am

@snufkin Yeah, it's kind of tragic that some people I follow(ed) are so not on the same page as the ST, despite being otherwise rational and insightful. I have no idea what's causing this. Fortunately there's not anyone on the toxic TLJ hate train, but from the other direction, with either positive or mixed feelings towards TLJ, but with the belief that it was completely incompatible with TFA, and so is TROS. There is little discussion of continuity outside this community.

I wonder how long the denial goes on. Do JJ, Rian, KK, the SG, Iger even, interview after release? How much do they reveal? Do we get an awesome bts doc with video release?

Is it ROS? TROS? TRoS? I have no clue. I've been doing TROS.

I don't expect Rey and Kylo's issues to be resolved in 10 minutes, certainly not in the first act. I get the impression these Rey and Kylo alone in the desert is no later than act 2. That's definitely not a climax or third act battle. Combined with the fact they're already downplaying the evul Supreme Leader angle (did anyone even mention Kylo technically controls the galaxy/FO?), this could very well not be a slow burn. Most people thought TLJ would be a slow burn too, I thought the end of the movie would end with a team-up, or the cliffhanger promise of one, but it went so quickly they got together and broke apart.

The groundwork is already laid, he's not the big bad, and time has passed, so that should speed up the process a bit. If Kylo turns in the third act, that doesn't make him much different than Vader, despite the entire trilogy being centered around his conflict. Seems like a bit of a waste if it doesn't yield much more than Vader.

I'm mildly annoyed Kristian H. was right about an insane thing, but that did actually have some basis in canon. As opposed to ReyPoe, which has literally nothing going for it, and which Daisy just debunked along with FinnRey.

Given that it was TFA that presented Rey's reliance of waiting for her family as passive, desperate, even delusional, keeping her in poverty and isolation and otherwise preventing her from achieving any potential, and showed her getting abandoned at a very young age, then told her that they aren't coming back and her future is in front of her, no behind, then totally dropped the Rey's parents angle halfway through, I'm inclined to think JJ won't mess with Rey's heritage. Rise of Skywalker is just kind of LF trolling the audience to get them talking. Power move, but I get it.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:24 am

ok let's talk about ships
certainly the kylo tie silencer has been modified and I must say that I like it very much, it is in tune with its new mask Smile

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 41 Tumblr_ppxrf72uGV1wtk6so_400

and since they are in the theme of ships you have seen this ?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 41 Tumblr_ppx30tKZzl1vvm6q2_400

seems look exactly like the same ship as the one in the beginning of the ROS trailer / Rey saw in her vision/past.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:40 am

californiagirl wrote:

@californiagirl

I prefer TRoS. It kinda irks me when I see just ROS, but I guess I should just let it go lol does anyone go around just writing PM instead of TPM (maybe just saying Phantom Menace, but writing PM just seems weird. LJ instead of TLJ? FA instead of TFA? Nope

ETA: although, to counter my own argument...we tend to write ESB. Not TESB. So....
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:10 am

Edit: NVM thank @special_cases

Last edited by whisperingwillow on Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Deleting the post due to correction)
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:16 am

@whisperingwillow I thought it's just a part of helmet?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 41 Xjpsx1g076s21
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:18 am

special_cases wrote:@whisperingwillow I thought it's just a part of helmet?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 41 Xjpsx1g076s21
@special_cases

It is lol. I just had a moment there where I was like what?? lol!

The screenshot threw me there until the picture you posted.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:19 am

Teo oswald wrote:and since they are in the theme of ships you have seen this ?

seems look exactly like the same ship as the one in the beginning of the ROS trailer / Rey saw in her vision/past.

It could be the same ship, but I also read somewhere that the ships are A-wings, and if they are a common ship type like an X-wing or a TIE, it could be different people using the same model.

SheLitAFire wrote:
californiagirl wrote:

@californiagirl

I prefer TRoS. It kinda irks me when I see just ROS, but I guess I should just let it go lol does anyone go around just writing PM instead of TPM (maybe just saying Phantom Menace, but writing PM just seems weird. LJ instead of TLJ? FA instead of TFA? Nope

ETA: although, to counter my own argument...we tend to write ESB. Not TESB. So....
I think the first article is usually ignored, unless it's a short title that has only three or less words (for example with The Lord of the Rings (and The Hobbit) we also have LotR, FotR and RotK without the first T, but TTT and AUJ instead of TT and UJ). The abbreviation for episode IX is probably so confusing because we already have the very similar RotS for episode III, so some people use TRoS/TROS to make them more distinguishable (and it gets even more confusing when people accidentally call the film "The Rise of THE Skywalker" and then use RotS or TRotS).
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 14 Apr 2019, 12:49 pm

rey09 wrote:I buy what someone said before, it seems the desert scene is their first scene and he's coming to meet her but she's not thrilled. It is weird for it to be training but he's also not trying to hurt her. They are connected through the force so he might know/trust she will do the flip or something idk.
@rey09

The part that tells me that she knows he won’t hurt her is that she turns her back to his ship and starts running away from it, in the direction it’s going, to pick up speed before her jump. This could be their first meeting— and I think it ends with him out of the ship in that plaintive looking desert shot below, and potentially in talking with the Rey/ Finn/ Poe trio. But she knows she can turn her back on him, which says something— partly that she can read his thoughts if he turned violent toward her, yes, but also the knowledge that this isn’t in his plans. And never has been.

As for the two of them facing off— I think there will be a lightsaber battle, early. I think he will win and disarm her— it’s time for him to win. He lost in TFA, and in TLJ it was a tie. And I think he will throw away his own lightsaber and tell her he just wants to talk to her.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 41 A6b8d610
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 14 Apr 2019, 1:06 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Rewatching the trailer, I've belatedly realised that the 'leap' Rey does at the beginning won't take her over the ship but instead will land her directly on top of it!

It reminds me of the Captain America leap into an airplane from The Winter Soldier!
@motherofpearl1

It reminds me of Legolas mounting the horse in mid-gallop in The Two Towers— which was also in the trailer, and which I remember us watching over and over because it was amazing. Smile Someone who knows how to insert a GIF, feel free.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 14 Apr 2019, 1:55 pm

I'm still a bit leery of the Kylo-beats-Rey angle. Or Rey-beats-Kylo for that matter. If their relationship still relies on one person overpowering the other, that's not really great. They've trodden this ground before, the characters should be past this.

It would result in endless discussions and horrid think pieces about how JJ gave into "Rey is an overpowered Mary Sue, how did she beat Kylo, the only struggle she can have is her ability to beat people up." There will be one side crowing victory because they don't like Rey and therefore do like watching her fail by a male figure overpowering her, while the other side goes on about how reactionary and misogynistic LF and JJ are in supposedly catering to the toxic faction of fandom. The fallout of Kylo defeating or even disarming Rey wouldn't be worth the discourse that would be tainted literally forever.

I could see a stalemate, though. Like if they start to fight but don't actually finish. What if no one wins? In a way, the saber breaking was a pretty clear sign they're equally powerful, as if the force doesn't want them to fight. Instead of the force not choosing one person or the other, they've evolved to come to the conclusion themselves.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Sun 14 Apr 2019, 2:21 pm

hi, haven't posted for long time and haven't read all tread yet, so if this suggestions already was here sorry

1) in the beginning of teaser, I think Rey is some kind of bait for Kylo, she is waiting for him and only when she sees that he is after her, she runs. I think resistance have some mission/business on that planet and FO is there too, so Rey tries to separate Kylo from others (Finn Poe and all are there too) so they could do what they are doing. also it is in the beginning of the movie and it is Rey-Kylo's first live meet after TLJ.
2) Leia is the one who holds the ANH medals, it's not young girls hands + you can say, who holds it has some memories/nostalgy about it.
3) Palpatin was there all this time, we know he had clone, or even he just didn't die, anyway he isn't ghost and it makes sense: it's last movie of this saga, you cant have Hux or someone new as big bad, even Snoke wasn't enough. so I think after ROTJ Plpatin wouldn't go out public, he would rise from shadows, it's his style after all )))) so he used someone (snoke) from outer rim, as public face. And remember Snoke (in real Palpatin) was obsessed with Vader and wanted someone with his bloodline to become new Vader, sounds like Palp/Anakin theme from prequels. and all thous abilities Snoke had (for example helping to connect Kylo-rey's mindes) is so like Palpatin.
4) I think Kylo wont wear helmet and it will be more as artifact like Vaders helmet + new styled helmet with red lines will be new item for merchandise. But kind of not makes sense to throw helmet twice and return it on your head twice... + it's not Kylo he repairs it, so I think someone just does it like celebrities artifact ))) Lightseber, helmet and things like this are personal, so if he wanted it AGAIN he would repair himself.
5) the guy Kylo is fighting can be KoR or that guy from Rey's flashback in TFA, or just someone in FO vs Resistance battle.
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 14 Apr 2019, 2:29 pm

I don't think he's attacking her in the trailer. He would have shot her as she was running. Training or a rescue.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:02 pm

Gemini wrote:I don't think he's attacking her in the trailer. He would have shot her as she was running. Training or a rescue.

@Gemini

yeah I agree but but if you notice he has accelerated as if he wanted to reach her. As you said He could have shot her as she was running,
why did he behave like this? the hypothesis is a training, however JJ said, if I'm not mistaken, that Rey read the books, and learned many things, jj said there will be incredible things.
If in the scene we saw Kylo is training Rey, it means that Rey has accepted the offer.
I don't know, I'm a little puzzled, I am electrified by training ...but....
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:31 pm

if Kylo is training Rey, would you imagine with ship and not in personal battle or force lessens ?
I can bet, it's not training +time for trainings and learn has passed, it's final movie after all, and yes, they will fight in the beginning... but he isn't shooting her because he doesn't want to kill her, he didn't wanted it even in TFA. this kind of things (scene from trailer) is like game for them
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:49 pm

Teo oswald wrote:ok let's talk about ships
certainly the kylo tie silencer has been modified and I must say that I like it very much, it is in tune with its new mask Smile

@Teo oswald

I am happy to see I wasn't the only one to notice.

I think it's Kylo's fashion sense inherited from his grandma. He had a black mask with some red so his ship must be the same way.Laughing
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 41 MmZFoUD

LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:58 pm

@LadyGaufrette

haha I like how you put it. in addition to beauty, kylo also inherited the style of decorating his ship. Perhaps Uncle Lando gave him advice when he was still Ben Solo. He indeed has style but also the wings are of a different color, almost silvery, maybe it's because it's on a planet and not in space? I don't know, they said a new ship for kylo and the color was white
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:18 pm

Teo oswald wrote:ok let's talk about ships

and since they are in the theme of ships you have seen this ?

@Teo oswald

Pablo Hidalgo says it’s not Kylo’s TIE Silencer, it’s a new ship.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 41 Bf3db610
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 41 E4098610
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 41 8ea6b910
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:20 pm

@YeeRees
wow , thanks Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:31 pm

Teo oswald wrote:@LadyGaufrette

haha I like how you put it. in addition to beauty, kylo also inherited the style of decorating his ship. Perhaps Uncle Lando gave him advice when he was still Ben Solo. He indeed has style but also the wings are of a different color, almost silvery, maybe it's because it's on a planet and not in space? I don't know, they said a new ship for kylo and the color was white
@Teo oswald

I was so focused on the red part that I didn't see the silver wings. Maybe it's inspired by this TIE,
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 41 500?cb=20161109002850

As for advice, Lando should have gave him advice of how to charm a girl rather that how to devorate a ship. This way, the throne room would not have been the fiasco it was.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:46 pm

@LadyGaufrette

haha you're right, he still has a lot to learn Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 41 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41