Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+86
Armadeus
Krafty
Gemlake
vinventure12
nickandnora
GiGiMarie
shii405
nana7marie
Sad Man
FrolickingFizzgig
Kyla Ren
grimbergen
KiraRen2015
cherrylipstick
Socialnole
reylo1992
giaciak2
Moonjump05
Mielikki
Geralt_Riv
SkyStar
LadyGaufrette
krissy01
nemapasara
olyer
Blood Moon
Moonlight13
SheLitAFire
Casper
californiagirl
12 Parsnips
tukicarreno
Forsythia
spacebaby45678
special_cases
Riri
Maria26
Teo oswald
rey09
AhsokaTano
SW_Heroine_Journey
snufkin
Starliteprism
ImperialReylo713
Casey Kanata
vaderito
Reylo Lemon
Nyx
whisperingwillow
Dar-ren19
motherofpearl1
Darth Rowan
unicorn
lauvamp
Mila95
madeinmn
MindAndMagic
loversinthestorm
Man Without A Star
SoloSideCousin
ZioRen
Lovely_Rose
TracylovesOUAT
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Chris24601
Cowgirlsamurai
EchoBase
ISeeAnIsland
MaddieDove
Saracene
ladyMxx
PalmettoBlue
justyou
MrsWindu
Atenais
rawpowah
Lily Snape
fuhry
bashfulblueeyes3
Kessel
Birdwoman
SanghaRen
DeeBee
Kylo Rey
Night Huntress
90 posters

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by snufkin Sun 14 Apr 2019, 1:47 am

@Lily Snape Oh god yes, the soap opera and telenovela theories. Rey could be somebody's clone, evil twin, or long-lost offspring. Now I'm imagining that George Lucas is spending his retirement sitting around watching Days of Our Lives. My casual observation is that you have:

- Crackpot theories like cloned from Luke's hand with all sorts of random details "from canon" to back it up.
- They really wanted Rey Skywalker/Solo/ so they're digging their heels in despite all evidence to the contrary. Which was the entire point of the smut talk at the trailer release panel (cousins don't behave this way around each other).
- They really wanted Rey the Strong Single Lady who's a role model to little girls and are even more loud about how they hate the panel smut talk. They also really hate the analysis that the opening shot is about Rey training with Kylo.

My guess is that each of these three groups will probably not be very happy come December and will be screaming the usual lines about how JJ's a hack who ruined Star Wars just like how he ruined Star Trek and how he ruined Rey/betrayed Carrie (nevermind having the heroine and the villain get together is one of Carrie's ideas from the OT).

I hope think that JJ's not going to change anything about Rey's parents, just give her the full story so she can come to terms with their deaths. However, there have been discussions on here about what the information about Jakku in the peripheral books could mean for the ST and maybe they go there in TRS (so weird to type that).  What if Rey's junk trading parents inadvertently stumbled onto something to do with the Observatory or the jumping off point to the Unknown Regions as part of their scavenging and bad s**t went down? I would've loved to have seen something like Marion Ravenwood's back story, but I don't think there's a big chance that they'll tie her into the bigger picture. The mirror cave showed her that her parents don't matter in terms of who she is. It'd be a little odd to do a final chapter surprise reveal when they've already established that detail and also the symmetry/sympathy between her and Ben comes from learning about what Luke did to him. More likely would be another scenario floating here - - she reluctantly has to team up with him again because of the greater good while keeping her complicated feelings about him in check.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:09 am

tumblr-guendy85-reylo17

the title of the last episode was told by Snoke Smile

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Tumblr_inline_p27lcr0hNl1qfh6ok_540

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Tumblr_inline_p27lcsA01e1qfh6ok_540

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Tumblr_inline_p27lcujNmE1qfh6ok_540

Snoke is talking about Luke but what he doesn’t know is that the real threat is standing right in front of him. Huge forshadowing.
This could actually refer to Kylo Ren. You can see Snoke’s hand and pointer finger right above Kylo’s head when he’s saying the line “If Skywalker returns…” If Kylo returns to his old self, as Ben Solo (Skywalker), the NEW kind of Jedi will rise…
and also :
“Skywalker lives! The seed of the jedi order lives. As long as it does, hope lives in the galaxy.”
But what’s interesting is that the camera is originally on Snoke, but when he emphasizes the word “hope” Kylo literally pops into the shot Smile , like this :
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Tumblr_inline_p27lcvBLyP1qfh6ok_540
coincidences? no way!!!
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:19 am

snufkin wrote:@Lily Snape Oh god yes, the soap opera and telenovela theories. Rey could be somebody's clone, evil twin, or long-lost offspring. Now I'm imagining that George Lucas is spending his retirement sitting around watching Days of Our Lives. My casual observation is that you have:

- Crackpot theories like cloned from Luke's hand with all sorts of random details "from canon" to back it up.
- They really wanted Rey Skywalker/Solo/ so they're digging their heels in despite all evidence to the contrary. Which was the entire point of the smut talk at the trailer release panel (cousins don't behave this way around each other).
- They really wanted Rey the Strong Single Lady who's a role model to little girls and are even more loud about how they hate the panel smut talk. They also really hate the analysis that the opening shot is about Rey training with Kylo.

My guess is that each of these three groups will probably not be very happy come December and will be screaming the usual lines about how JJ's a hack who ruined Star Wars just like how he ruined Star Trek and how he ruined Rey/betrayed Carrie (nevermind having the heroine and the villain get together is one of Carrie's ideas from the OT).

I hope think that JJ's not going to change anything about Rey's parents, just give her the full story so she can come to terms with their deaths. However, there have been discussions on here about what the information about Jakku in the peripheral books could mean for the ST and maybe they go there in TRS (so weird to type that).  What if Rey's junk trading parents inadvertently stumbled onto something to do with the Observatory or the jumping off point to the Unknown Regions as part of their scavenging and bad s**t went down? I would've loved to have seen something like Marion Ravenwood's back story, but I don't think there's a big chance that they'll tie her into the bigger picture. The mirror cave showed her that her parents don't matter in terms of who she is. It'd be a little odd to do a final chapter surprise reveal when they've already established that detail and also the symmetry/sympathy between her and Ben comes from learning about what Luke did to him. More likely would be another scenario floating here - - she reluctantly has to team up with him again because of the greater good while keeping her complicated feelings about him in check.
@snufkin

Training for what?  For when somebody 'really' tries to run her over with their ship?  That won't happen because they will use their blasters on her.  What's the point of practicing jumping on top of a ship while it's coming right at you?  These two already work like a well-oiled machine.  They don't need any practice.    

I can see I hit a nerve.  My read of the trailer is not non-reylo or anti-reylo in any way.  I just happen to see the stage of their relationship at the beginning of IX as more complex, that's all.  I know it may take till the 3rd act to get these two together.  I'm cool with that.  Why would I want the resolution to reylo and all that delicious tension built up in the previous two films resolved in the first ten minutes?  How boring.  

These two are on fire for each other.  Of course he tries to barrel her down with his ship.  He's still a psycho.  And Rey knows that.  Luke knew there was good in his father, but he still had to fight his father to get Vader himself to see it.  

This is not a training exercise.  This is happening for real, in real time.  When she runs out there, she is full of anticipation.  For an instant, the look on her face as she's scanning the horizon for his ship is pure excitement.  She's going to see him again!  Then she has to get down to work.  

Like I said, due to her connection to him, she knows exactly what he's going to do, and she's ready for it.  Because she knows she needs him, and she doesn't have time for his tantrums.  It's now or never.  This is not a drill.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:44 am

Casper wrote:
snufkin wrote:@Lily Snape Oh god yes, the soap opera and telenovela theories. Rey could be somebody's clone, evil twin, or long-lost offspring. Now I'm imagining that George Lucas is spending his retirement sitting around watching Days of Our Lives. My casual observation is that you have:

@snufkin

Training for what?  For when somebody 'really' tries to run her over with their ship?  That won't happen because they will use their blasters on her.  What's the point of practicing jumping on top of a ship while it's coming right at you?  These two already work like a well-oiled machine.  They don't need any practice.    

I can see I hit a nerve.  My read of the trailer is not non-reylo or anti-reylo in any way.  I just happen to see the stage of their relationship at the beginning of IX as more complex, that's all.  I know it may take till the 3rd act to get these two together.  I'm cool with that.  Why would I want the resolution to reylo and all that delicious tension built up in the previous two films resolved in the first ten minutes?  How boring.  

These two are on fire for each other.  Of course he tries to barrel her down with his ship.  He's still a psycho.  And Rey knows that.  Luke knew there was good in his father, but he still had to fight his father to get Vader himself to see it.  

This is not a training exercise.  This is happening for real, in real time.  When she runs out there, she is full of anticipation.  For an instant, the look on her face as she's scanning the horizon for his ship is pure excitement.  She's going to see him again!  Then she has to get down to work.  

Like I said, due to her connection to him, she knows exactly what he's going to do, and she's ready for it.  Because she knows she needs him, and she doesn't have time for his tantrums.  It's now or never.  This is not a drill.
@Casper

I agree - I do think we're missing the context...but it's kind of the same like the theory of Kylo training with the Preatorian guards. Why would they show that in the movie? I never believed that theory either.

I don't think Kylo really wants to kill her (he isn't shooting at her) but I'm not so sure what Rey's mindset is. We know she is impulsive and leashes out without thinking it through. But does she want to wreck his ship to fight him, talk to him? or so he could be captured?

My guess at this point is that she wants to distract him- lure him away from whatever the resistance/rebels are doing.

I only hope we don't get her having the upper hand against Kylo AGAIN- it gets repetitive and boring! So I hope even she DID weck his ship that he kicks her a** if they fight - not seriously harming her of course! But so she isn't always besting him I'm really tired of seeing that.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:48 am

Yeah, I don't think they're training either.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:50 am

@Casper I don't really know you and have no idea what you may or may have not posted in response to the trailer. So the only person who's getting their nerves hit is you, I haven't read anything you might have to say about the opening part of the trailer. I'm actually referring to discussions in the larger fandom from the contingents who either a) want Rey to have nothing to do with Kylo or b) take umbrage at the word training because they think that means he's in the position of power in that situation and undermining her agency. That's what I was referring to.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:22 am

rawpowah wrote:Yeah, I don't think they're training either.
@rawpowah

Me neither
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:25 am

Hi guys!!

Soo here’s my take, I don’t think Rey and Kylo are training together, nor do I think he wants to kill her. Look at Rey’s face, she seems emotional/anxious here, like it’s the first time she’s seeing him since Crait. Their first meeting is going to be a pretty emotional stand off, i feel like they’re going to have a lovers quarrel.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Afc25510

Daisy said Rey and Kylo relationship will be explored deeper, John said there are a lot of Rey-Kylo scenes that he is not part of. If they’re going to fight all the time then theres no way they can explore this deeper relationship. I don’t think MSW have all the details, it seems like the emotional scenes between them is under lockdown (like the force bond scenes in TLJ) so i do expect to see a lot of this!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:34 am

Night Huntress wrote:I only hope we don't get her having the upper hand against Kylo AGAIN- it gets repetitive and boring! So I hope even she DID weck his ship that he kicks her a** if they fight - not seriously harming her of course! But so she isn't always besting him I'm really tired of seeing that.
@Night Huntress

Yeah I hope Kylo beats her in a fight this time around, if not in the desert scene then in their later weird force bond duel. If Rey just wins again my eyes might roll back so hard they're never coming back.

I wonder if their first meeting is Rey and Kylo running into each other accidentally; yeah it's a big coincidence but we're talking about JJ who had Spock conveniently dump Kirk in one corner of the planet where he could run into old!Spock.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:40 am

No way it's accidental, Kylo is basically making a bee-line for Rey. He knows exactly where she is. Although we have to question what made him seek her out like this a year later. He could have done this much earlier. It probably has something to do with what the Oracle tells him (maybe something he doesn't like.)

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:51 am

Lovely_Rose wrote:No way it's accidental, Kylo is basically making a bee-line for Rey. He knows exactly where she is. Although we have to question what made him seek her out like this a year later. He could have done this much earlier. It probably has something to do with what the Oracle tells him (maybe something he doesn't like.)
@Lovely_Rose

Sure, Kylo is very clearly chasing Rey in the scene. I only meant that perhaps it's accidental that they were on the same planet at the same time and that Kylo didn't go to the sand planet specifically to find Rey.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:55 am

Oh yeah that might be possible. They might have gotten word of the Macguffin at this point and Kylo simply notices that she's at the same place.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:58 am

I think Rey lures him there to the desert planet through the Force bond and he just can’t resist the bait. He’s there alone after all, with no stormtroopers or wingmen.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 14 Apr 2019, 5:02 am

Why is Kylo accelerating and flying so low? I think it mirrors Ani in TPM and his pod racer... I am going to go with this is late in the movie on Tatooine, it looks like the canyons that are on Tatooine. Maybe Kylo is saving Rey by picking her up and he is running away from something or someone?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Tumblr_mm4og0q1I11s60gaio1_400
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 5:22 am

@rawpowah
someone said this :
Guys I don’t want to freak you out but these are two different shots. Look at the background, the tall mountain isn’t there in the second one even though it’s the same angle. Rey runs from Kylos Tie Silencer multiple times.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Tumblr_ppv63vFDhB1tlziog_540

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Tumblr_ppv63xNoWn1tlziog_540

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Sun 14 Apr 2019, 5:22 am

I think we're forgetting that they can sense each other's thoughts esp if the force bond is at work. They can, right? That teaser scene with the TIE and Rey running... I get the feeling that they are communicating through the force.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 14 Apr 2019, 5:40 am

Teo oswald wrote:@rawpowah
someone said this :
Guys I don’t want to freak you out but these are two different shots. Look at the background, the tall mountain isn’t there in the second one even though it’s the same angle. Rey runs from Kylos Tie Silencer multiple times.

@Teo oswald
Yeah, I think this is one of the things that makes this look like a training montage, but a secondary explanation is that it is the same scene, it was just filmed on days with different cloud patterns and the editing work isn't finished yet. A filming thing rather than anything relevant to the movie. Heck, Crait even has different cloud patterns in the same scenes for the same reason.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 14 Apr 2019, 6:35 am

Teo oswald wrote:@rawpowah
someone said this :

@Teo oswald

SW has never cared much for continuity. The clouds are different in the Crait scene for example, not to mention how Kylo's hair length changes from the scene where Rey ships herself to him to the throne roon fight (like it grew overnight).
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Sun 14 Apr 2019, 7:17 am

I wonder.....is there any Reylo leak compilation? A kind of list?

I know some were used by Mike Zeroh on his YouTube chanel (Reylo kiss, etc), I think all of them were taken from Reddit.
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 14 Apr 2019, 7:25 am

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Sun 14 Apr 2019, 7:36 am

@special_cases Thanks Smile I know this one! Sounds interesting.

I hope those rumours about Adam and Daisy on the set filming "emotional" scenes were also true (kissing, embracing).
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 14 Apr 2019, 7:59 am

I buy what someone said before, it seems the desert scene is their first scene and he's coming to meet her but she's not thrilled. It is weird for it to be training but he's also not trying to hurt her. They are connected through the force so he might know/trust she will do the flip or something idk.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Sun 14 Apr 2019, 8:10 am

Riri wrote:Hi guys!!

Soo here’s my take, I don’t think Rey and Kylo are training together, nor do I think he wants to kill her. Look at Rey’s face, she seems emotional/anxious here, like it’s the first time she’s seeing him since Crait. Their first meeting is going to be a pretty emotional stand off, i feel like they’re going to have a lovers quarrel.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Afc25510

Daisy said Rey and Kylo relationship will be explored deeper, John said there are a lot of Rey-Kylo scenes that he is not part of. If they’re going to fight all the time then theres no way they can explore this deeper relationship. I don’t think MSW have all the details, it seems like the emotional scenes between them is under lockdown (like the force bond scenes in TLJ) so i do expect to see a lot of this!
@Riri

YES TO THIS!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 8:48 am

lauvamp wrote:@special_cases Thanks Smile I know this one! Sounds interesting.

I hope those rumours about Adam and Daisy on the set filming "emotional" scenes were also true (kissing, embracing).
@lauvamp

I really hope about kissing and this is the prove
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Tumblr_ppw5nuDGA71vysuag_400

BB8 and Dio are testifying a reylo kiss in this scene! Laughing Laughing
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:28 am

Teo oswald wrote:
lauvamp wrote:@special_cases Thanks Smile I know this one! Sounds interesting.

@lauvamp

I really hope about kissing and this is the prove
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Tumblr_ppw5nuDGA71vysuag_400

BB8 and Dio are testifying a reylo kiss in this scene! Laughing Laughing
@Teo oswald

Thinking on the same wavelength here upon initial viewing.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next