Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Show (untitled)

+11
Forsythia
Piper Maru
Mila95
rawpowah
vaderito
Kyla Ren
MaddieDove
spacebaby45678
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Show (untitled) - Page 2 Empty Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Show (untitled)

Post by Forsythia Fri 17 Jan 2020, 5:29 pm

It was probably their way of making fun of TROS or Disney+ for starting and dropping lots of projects, and you can't really blame them since the description of their twitter handle says it's a parody account. It's not their fault some reporters fell for it and started to post cryptic Obi-Wan tweets to get attention, without checking their sources first. The parody account thinks the rumours are based on their joke and since the reporters refuse to give their sources and claim they heard contradicting rumours, I'm pretty sure they fell for the joke and are too embarrassed to admit it. I think it's hilarious Very Happy
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Show (untitled) - Page 2 Empty Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Show (untitled)

Post by californiagirl Fri 17 Jan 2020, 5:46 pm

I distantly watched the drama, just rolling my eyes the whole time. The entire thing situtation seemed kind of dumb? I'd be surprised if they dropped the Obi Wan show, there's real interest in that. Wasn't there a rumor it was the Cassian show being delayed or dropped?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Fri 17 Jan 2020, 6:36 pm

Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Show (untitled) - Page 2 Obi10

At last, someone who does research first instead of spreading unconfirmed rumours cheers
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Starliteprism likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 22 Aug 2020, 11:48 am

Apparently the Kenobi show is going to be 4 episodes. Short and sweet. At least it won't be bloated. I was hoping they wouldn't have to fabricate too many adventures for him that wouldn't fit with the whole desert hermit in exile vibe. This is the one new OT-centric thing I'm here for. Ewan will be angsty and I'm about it.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 11 Sep 2020, 6:33 pm

For the PT fans: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/obi-wan-ewan-mcgregor-why-excited-to-return-star-wars/

While the Prequel Trilogy wasn’t initially beloved by all, McGregor is aware of the increasing appreciation found for Episodes I to III in the Star Wars fan community. “You know, our films weren't much liked when they came out, by my generation who loved the first ones,” he says. “I think people of our generation wanted to feel the way they'd felt when they saw those first three movies when they were kids, and George [Lucas] wanted to take our ones in a different direction, he had a different idea. It was tricky at the time, I remember. But now, all these years later, I'm really aware of what our films meant to the generation they were made for, the children of that time. They really like them. I've met people who, they mean a lot to them, those films, more so than the original three, and I'm like, 'Are you kidding?'”
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 02 Mar 2021, 5:47 am

Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Show (untitled) - Page 2 6483d910
Twitter fans already speculating ie could she be ventress or Satine or a new love for Obi Wan ? Could Rey still end up being a Kenobi through her mother’s side and Indira’s character is Rey’s grandmother ? The speculation will continue ...

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 25 Jul 2021, 8:21 am

I did hear somewhere Disney had decided that they only wanted female and people of colour for future projects; Indira fits both Very Happy but it could have been FAF, and in any case, I'm a big fan of hers - she was amazing in GoT.

Regarding Rey's parentage...I'm still waiting for them to reveal she's a REAL Skywalker as her mother was also a clone; from Luke's severed hand... Twisted Evil
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 08 Oct 2021, 4:23 am

So it looks like the Kenobi show is premiering in May 2022 ( according to Jordan Maison on Twitter) to tie in with the new obi wan books lucasfilm announced .
The leaks have started too  - look away if you don’t want to know . These are from MSW which has been a mixed bag in the past :

Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Show (untitled) - Page 2 Ab7f8410
Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Show (untitled) - Page 2 7e995210

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/q3hisf/rumor_new_details_on_obiwan_kenobi_including_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

From Reddit - and as one poster said in the comments there  it does look like Obi wan bless him is probably looking out for both Skywalker twins since the prisoner mentioned is likely to be Leia ( there’s been other leaks about this ) so he’s trying to protect them both .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 14 Feb 2022, 9:11 am

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

AhsokaTano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 10 Mar 2022, 5:26 pm

Obi wan Kenobi teaser trailer :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TWTfhyvzTx0
I love youI love youI love you
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 11 Mar 2022, 4:25 am

AhsokaTano wrote:So it looks like the Kenobi show is premiering in May 2022 ( according to Jordan Maison on Twitter) to tie in with the new obi wan books lucasfilm announced .
The leaks have started too  - look away if you don’t want to know . These are from MSW which has been a mixed bag in the past :

Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Show (untitled) - Page 2 Ab7f8410
Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Show (untitled) - Page 2 7e995210

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/q3hisf/rumor_new_details_on_obiwan_kenobi_including_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

From Reddit - and as one poster said in the comments there  it does look like Obi wan bless him is probably looking out for both Skywalker twins since the prisoner mentioned is likely to be Leia ( there’s been other leaks about this ) so he’s trying to protect them both .
@AhsokaTano

Just read this! What do you think AhsokaTano?
With the massive duel, it sounds like a ROTS retread, nothing feels ground breaking or new, it’s territory Star Wars has visited before.
Okay maybe a bit unfair to base this just on a leak!

Soooo I watched the Kenobi trailer…
What do you think?
The music is gorgeous, but… I feel… nothing?

When I saw it say “Hope Survives” my salty response was- yeah sure! Until episode 9, then Hope Dies! Everything leads to episode 9!

I remember years ago there was a fake Kenobi trailer where obi wan was seen on tatooine  communing with Qui-Gon and it was full of angst about what happened in ROTS and he was fighting to stay on mission to protect Luke kinda thing…depressed etc.  it was gripping, angsty and when I saw it I felt something!
With this trailer there’s little focus on obi-wan and it doesn’t seem character driven… whooo the baddies are hunting Jedi… yawn where have I seen that before? Lol 😂
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 11 Mar 2022, 7:19 am

Love Ewan's Obi Wan but you've nailed it with the 'hope' thingy...there isn't any. The Skywalkers all die, and a Palpatine steals everything from the name to the love and possessions that should have gone to the rightful heir. Rey isn't a Skywalker.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 27 May 2022, 9:37 am

Wow obi wan series ! Watched the first two episodes. Did anyone else watch it ? It’s wonderful. Don’t want to give spoilers away until more of you have seen it .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 29 May 2022, 11:39 am

It does look wonderful, but I honestly can't feel enthusiastic about anything SW after they gave the victory to Palpatine. All I keep thinking is: 'What's the point? We all know how the story ends.'
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 29 May 2022, 11:48 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Wow obi wan series ! Watched the first two episodes. Did anyone else watch it ? It’s wonderful. Don’t want to give spoilers away until more of you have seen it .
@AhsokaTano

I was not a fan lol, it's cool tho. I'll still watch obv, maybe it'll get better for me.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 31 May 2022, 7:28 am

I wasn't really looking forward to the show because I thought Obi-Wan's story was done after RotS and I didn't need any more adventures squeezed into the time when he is meant to live as a hermit on Tatooine. However, I was positively surprised by the first two episodes because they found a good explanation for Obi-Wan to come out of hiding and I loved that they were including young Leia instead of focusing on young Luke. I don't think it's the best show ever or that it was really necessary, but at least it is entertaining and I hope the rest of the show will be the same. I am a bit worried about the inclusion of Anakin as I don't think he and Obi-Wan should cross paths until ANH, so I hope that they won't interact directly.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 31 May 2022, 8:01 am

I love too that it gives even deeper meaning to Leia naming her son “Ben”. Ben what kind of a Jedi name is that Leia says at one point . Ben her only hope . Sob! The dynamic between Leia and Bail and Leia and Obi wan is lovely . Also Leia and Obi wan dynamic reminds me a lot of the Anakin /Obi Wan dynamic . She’s definitely a lot like her father Anakin( which Ben inherits of course ).
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

DeeBee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 31 May 2022, 8:03 am

They are really rubbing it in for us Ben/Kylo fans aren't they? What next, I wonder?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Sat 04 Jun 2022, 7:47 pm

Im back to SW fandom after 3 yrs bcos of Obi Wan Kenobi. Prequels arent my fav but I've always like Ewan as Obi, the only thing that does not fail in the prequels, imho. So far, I like it, esp Ep3! And little Leia is so cute, although i understand why some ppl think she is annoying, but its more of script fault i think, not the child actress'.  

Question: Why is "Obi-Wan Kenobi" is called a spinoff series when Ewan as Obi-Wan is obviously the leading actor of the 2 prequel films? I find that odd. I think OWK is legit a sequel to the prequels. It involves so many of the central characters of the Skywalker saga.
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 07 Jun 2022, 3:10 am

I have seen a few clips on youtube...and it seems like a great show, but it well and truly hits where it hurts regarding the way they chose to end the Skywalker Saga.
Because it shows how Anakin suffered. How Obi Wan was haunted. How young and innocent Luke and Leia were, 'before the dark times.'

And all of this was down to one person: Sheev Palpatine.

And TROS brought him back, and he 'finished what he started'.....the end of the Skywalkers. 'Obi Wan' the series reminds the viewers of just how much Palpatine hurt the Skywalkers, and not only did TROS undo their victory, but they have the cheek to think Palpatine's descendent taking everything they had is somehow ....a good ending. I honestly can't believe it.

TROS should be retconned - permanently. But, they refuse to see what they have done. It is...beyond belief that they cooked up something like this.

Having just witnessed on youtube the last scene in the Obi Wan series...am I the only person who can't believe Ben Solo...never met his grandfather? That all of that was given to Rey? That he was afterthought in the final chapter of the Skywalker saga?

I am sorry but...this has really broke my heart.

Still salty. I guess I always will be.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2