Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+67
Maria26
unicorn
Kylo Men
Moonjump05
melismatic
vinventure12
Rachelmckellar34
OrionStars
nickandnora
Kyla Ren
Kylo Rey
reynpain
Nyx
krissy01
Night Huntress
olyer
Birdwoman
Riri
reylo1992
PalmettoBlue
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
fuhry
thescavenger
lauvamp
Oscarborough-fairo
Casper
LesCousinsDangereux
Lily Snape
orangedelamer
Forsythia
Krafty
Armadeus
LadyGaufrette
cherrylipstick
Atenais
giaciak2
ZioRen
SkyStar
rey09
Geralt_Riv
Moonlight13
SanghaRen
spacebaby45678
12 Parsnips
nana7marie
whisperingwillow
Teo oswald
Dar-ren19
Darth Dementor
loversinthestorm
Mila95
motherofpearl1
Chris24601
Saracene
special_cases
SW_Heroine_Journey
YeeRees
DeeBee
californiagirl
AhsokaTano
vaderito
Gemini
Lovely_Rose
tukicarreno
MaddieDove
rawpowah
71 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by DeeBee Wed 31 Jul 2019, 3:59 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:As part of the Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker , all four issues of the miniseries Allegiance by author Ethan Sacks will not reach us until October. Thanks to a preview, which was printed in the Previews catalog, it is already possible to take a look at some of the pages from the first issue. These are by draftsman Luke Ross and colorist Lee Loughridge.
https://jedi-bibliothek.de/2019/07/marvel-vorschau-allegiance-1/
@spacebaby45678
whoooooooo so good! Great find spacebaby45678!
It took me a minute lol but I guess this is a series of samples from any of the comic issues. so hard to make any sense of it.
Just a few observations..
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Allegiance1previews1
I thought Rey's outfit was curious. It is not TROS outfit, more like the TFA outfit, but she has those rings around her biceps  - one on each arm... like she is covering her scar. I wondered if maybe it's a flashback, but then I noticed the two arm bands in the shots with Leia, Rey and Chewie on the falcon. Interesting she has an arm band on each arm. Fun to ponder. Then again, Leia is missing all her jewelry - her famous ring... so maybe it isn't accurate and means nothing. no idea!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Allegiance1previews2
Great to see Rose!
This doesn't look like the falcon. But the little character next to the map in that image with Chewie is interesting. Have we seen him before?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Little10

Interesting guesses on who is this mysterious figure in the cape!
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Figure10
It looks to me like someone with a helmet, but I don't know... My first thought based on the silhouette looked like Phasma lol!
I think it could be anyone - maybe a whole new character just in the comics, or maybe it's Finn or Poe in disguise.
I think it's unlikely it would be a KOR or Kylo - but.. who knows!
@MaddieDove  - yeah maybe it's Lando! but his capes tend to be shorter. He could be in disguise though.
Who do you think that is on the ramp? it's easy to tell one is Chewie but who is the other person? Do you think that is Rose?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Allegiance1previews4
Great to see Chewie, Rey and Leia in the MF cockpit! - and again Rey has the two armbands. interesting.

Not sure what to make of this lol. But interesting to see that BB-8 has gone on another adventure with Finn. Makes me wonder if Poe is nearby..
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Allegiance1previews3
See the figure in the bottom image? left side?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Entran10
Is that the caped figure we saw leaving the MF?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Figure10
thoughts?

Gemini wrote:
vaderito wrote:So all these spoilers point at TROS being a huge Kylo movie and Rey secret being some connection to Palpatine since that's central to ST plot and ties in 9 movies.

Kylo stuff is a great set up for redemption arc that starts relatively early in the story.
@vaderito

I would actually take a wild stab and suggest  that the Palpatine reveal is not related to Rey. Instead it is related to Kylo and Palpatine being the one who influenced the birth of Anakin Skywalker (as strongly hinted in the PT). Thus palpatine being the one responsible for the rise of the Skywalkers. I think the title has multiple meanings as well as it being Bendemption. He's not a Skywalker by name though so it could mean its all about who actually gave rise to the Skywalkers in the first place...Palpy.

I also remember that originally, Carrie Fischer strongly hinted that the 3rd movie was the one where Leia truly shines and kicks a**..She's also a Skywalker..So it could be that as well.

We also have the idea that nothing relating to the 3rd act is ever disclosed in the trailers. So Palpatine cant be the big reveal in relation to Rey because DR has confirmed her big reveal happens at the end of act 3..AKA the climax and falling action of the story/entire saga.
@Gemini
Gemini I really enjoyed this comment of yours and this idea of the Rise of Skywalker being about how Palpatine is responsible for their special connection with the force. I agree the titles tend to have multiple meanings.
You may be on to something here - it may be that we find out Palpatine was directly involved in the birth of Anakin.
'influenced' is a great word to describe it.. because even if Palpatine was not directly involved in Anakin's birth - he was still partly responsible for Anakin's birth. Because to me Anakin is the force's response to the Phantom Menace (and the jedi order going astray)- without Palpatine I think it unlikely a special child like Anakin, and thus a special blood line, would have come into existence.
Snoke's quote is interesting:  'Darkness Rises, and Light to meet it'  - Snoke thinks the light rising is Luke, but it turns out it's Rey.
Rey is the force's answer to Kylo's rise.
And I note that this quote is literally saying that both the dark and the light are rising! whooo

Anyway, so to me, either way - Palpatine 'influenced' the rise of Skywalker.  Love it!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 31 Jul 2019, 4:43 am

@DeeBee

Wow, you caught so much I had not noticed. The only thing I will add to your astute observations is that little guy is standing in front of a Star Map
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:42 pm

@DeeBee @Gemini  @spacebaby45678

I’m not so sure it’s as straightforward as Palpatine being responsible for Anakin’s creation. These tweets from Pablo Hidalgo in answer to questions raised by the recent Vader/Mustafar comic arc seem to suggest it’s more complicated than that. Whether Palpatine did actually initiate Anakin’s creation or it was the will of the force or maybe a combination of the two. It could be the will of the force allowed Palpatine to create Anakin, who would in turn become ‘The Chosen One’ so that he was in effect the architect of his own doom.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 5a511010
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 0bd21810
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 17aefc10
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:49 pm

@DeeBee @spacebaby45678 @Gemini

Please forgive the double post but I’m on my phone and I couldn’t find any other way to add all the tweets.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 052d4710
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 72d52410
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 31 Jul 2019, 2:32 pm

WTF did I just read? lol! Oh Pablo never change.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 31 Jul 2019, 2:55 pm

@YeeRees @Gemini

I remember years ago here in the Rey Lineage, saying exactly what Pablo is pointing out. That originally Ep3 had a " I am your father moment"
with Anakin & Palps. However, GL decided to take it out explicitly but leave it subtextually with images, as Pablo says "the backdrop"

In the opera scene during the rendition of the tragedy of Darth Plagues the wise, there is an image that resembles a sperm and egg.

So what are we left with, exactly what existed on this subject before... that we can read what we want into that scene. My personal opinion is that Anakin is a virgin conception/birth by dark magic. or is it that Palps somehow interfered with the virgin force birth and basically warped Anakin through dark magic. I.E. Curse. ?

Either way that makes Anakin a spiritual Palpatine

For me, this severely limits how connected Rey will be to Palpatine, especially if she is a nobody. What would be the narrative dramatic point exactly? The Skywalkers are already his "creation"

Rey Palpatine is redundant unless Rey is a Solo/Skywalker herself.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 31 Jul 2019, 3:17 pm

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 The-Ship
Sticker book version of the ship looks different than the ship we’re seeing from IX. But also resembles Rey’s junker ship in the cockpit from concept art.

Zorri Bliss Ship or Rey's junker parents ship?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees Wed 31 Jul 2019, 3:25 pm

@spacebaby45678 I don’t necessarily see it as Palpatine being responsible for Anakin’s creation and the subsequent Skywalker line. It could be Palpatine was an unwitting instrument of the force by creating the bloodline which would spell his eventual doom. One of the biggest lessons of that particular Vader arc was that the dark side lies. It promises more than it delivers and always takes more than it gives. The dark side is the ultimate be careful what you wish for power because even when it gives you what you thought you wanted it comes at a horrific cost.

When it comes to a possible connection between Rey and Palpatine, it’s unlikely to be familial, imo. It’s probably more likely to be something to do with Jakku or the Outer Rim where the Sith troopers are coming from. I don’t know if it’s been said where Rey and her parents (if they even were her parents) originated from but she was described as being abandoned on Jakku at one point. I haven’t ruled out Rey being a clone of some sort because JJ has used clones in previous stories.
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 31 Jul 2019, 3:41 pm

YeeRees wrote:@spacebaby45678 I don’t necessarily see it as Palpatine being responsible for Anakin’s creation and the subsequent Skywalker line. It could be Palpatine was an unwitting instrument of the force by creating the bloodline which would spell his eventual doom. One of the biggest lessons of that particular Vader arc was that the dark side lies. It promises more than it delivers and always takes more than it gives. The dark side is the ultimate be careful what you wish for power because even when it gives you what you thought you wanted it comes at a horrific cost.

When it comes to a possible connection between Rey and Palpatine, it’s unlikely to be familial, imo. It’s probably more likely to be something to do with Jakku or the Outer Rim where the Sith troopers are coming from. I don’t know if it’s been said where Rey and her parents (if they even were her parents) originated from but she was described as being abandoned on Jakku at one point. I haven’t ruled out Rey being a clone of some sort because JJ has used clones in previous stories.
@YeeRees

Matt Martin was tweeted about it (the Palpatine / Anakin connection), and this was his answer:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Screen31

Matt is less comfortable answering tweets such as that now, because I presume he is concerned about revealing something by accident before it is allowed (I remember about Galaxy Edge, after the press preview reveal, he said to ask Amy Ratcliffe questions because he was scared lol).

On the other hand, when he did answer, he is honest and more direct, whereas Pablo usually likes to troll and be cryptic.  haha
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees Wed 31 Jul 2019, 3:48 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey Thank you for that. Smile Matt really cuts the crap with his answer, lol.

I was viewing the whole thing more as a kind of twisted bible story with the force essentially saying to Palpatine ‘ok you can create this person who will destroy the Jedi but he will also be The Chosen One who will destroy the Sith and bring balance to the force’.

Maybe the dark side convinced Palpatine he did create Anakin or it was just a part of the manifestation of Vader’s worse fears along with the other visions he had on Mustafar.
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 31 Jul 2019, 3:59 pm

YeeRees wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey Thank you for that. Smile Matt really cuts the crap with his answer, lol.

I was viewing the whole thing more as a kind of twisted bible story with the force essentially saying to Palpatine ‘ok you can create this person who will destroy the Jedi but he will also be The Chosen One who will destroy the Sith and bring balance to the force’.

Maybe the dark side convinced Palpatine he did create Anakin or it was just a part of the manifestation of Vader’s worse fears along with the other visions he had on Mustafar.
@YeeRees

Pablo is a gift, yet sometimes, one needs Matt's humble / I will answer that question directly & honestly nature (and he is also a gift!) Very Happy

It will be interesting if both the dark side and the light side- the sentient aspect of the Cosmic Force that wants balance tricked Palpatine about that! Very Happy

Hmm If it was a manifestation of Vader's worse fears, it then illustrates the light side was trying to reach him/ affect him for a very long time! Smile

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 31 Jul 2019, 4:47 pm

YeeRees wrote:@spacebaby45678 I don’t necessarily see it as Palpatine being responsible for Anakin’s creation and the subsequent Skywalker line. It could be Palpatine was an unwitting instrument of the force by creating the bloodline which would spell his eventual doom. One of the biggest lessons of that particular Vader arc was that the dark side lies. It promises more than it delivers and always takes more than it gives. The dark side is the ultimate be careful what you wish for power because even when it gives you what you thought you wanted it comes at a horrific cost.

@YeeRees

The dark side does lie = Kylo did not tell the truth either

Palpy as an unwitting instrument of the force is = Deus ex Machina, however, if life is a circle then the Darkside could absolutely create a light being or chosen one. The only problem is Anakin acts unbalanced from the time we meet him again in AOTC, Luke has to fight really hard for balance throughout the OT to avoid the dark side, and Kylo has dark side tendencies. So for me, the proof is in the pudding. Maybe the best analogy would be that the Skywalkers are Palpy's Horcrux.

Rey is not a clone, according to RJ in a post TLJ interview. Kylo telling Rey her parents sold her for a drink is as low as her lineage reveal will go, if she gets anything more on her parents in TROS it will only be for the better not worse like you are not even a real human.

I prefer Pablo's confused perplexing statement on Palpy's involvement in Anakin's birth because it tracks more closely with GL going back and forth on this issue. In other words, it is not clear what has occurred and maybe we will get that explanation finally in TROS.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees Wed 31 Jul 2019, 5:26 pm

@spacebaby45678

The dark side lies doesn’t necessarily mean Kylo was lying. He could have been shown events from a skewed perspective or given an incomplete version of events in the vision he saw. If he lied, it was likely by omission if he did see more about Rey’s parents than she remembers.

I’m not sure RJ is in a position to conclusively say what the deal is with Rey and her parents. When did he give that interview? We know from Daisy Ridley that JJ was making changes from his original script before filming began right up until the end of the shoot. There is more to the story than Rey’s parents being drunks etc but how much more we won’t know until TROS. Some connection to The First Order/Palpatine would make the most sense for this story because Rey being related to any significant characters at this point would require too many nonsensical twists.

In this case, I would go with Matt over Pablo because Matt actually worked on the story. Pablo has said he has little involvement in the comics.
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 31 Jul 2019, 8:11 pm

I think Palpatine BELIEVES that he is the creator of Skywalkers. Or at least he will be stating this in TROS without clarification. It's possible that he will be also telling Rey that he created her on Jakku.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 31 Jul 2019, 9:36 pm

I’ve never been invested in the mystery of Rey’s heritage, but if they make her some sort of artificial creation I’d find it a weird choice. It would IMO remove a lot of Rey’s relatability if she’s revealed to be some weird clone or whatever.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 31 Jul 2019, 10:27 pm

The only theory I like that expands her story beyond having a mother and father is the one presented by Wayward Jedi - that Rey has no parents, that she was created by the Force. (The SW's version of Wonder Woman). I am warm to the idea because he presented it well (Divine Feminine, Goddess Creation inspiration/concept), and I love the movie Wonder Woman (I admit that bias increases my positive reaction). Very Happy

Otherwise, the theories/guesses that she is Mandalorian, and Zori Bliss is her sister (or mother, OK with either lol), and that will expand up her mother & father and finding out more about her history (and reconciling, healing about it) are fun to think about. Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 02 Aug 2019, 4:44 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:@DeeBee
Wow, you caught so much I had not noticed. The only thing I will add to your astute observations is that little guy is standing in front of a Star Map
@spacebaby45678
Thanks! Smile
Were you going to say something about the little guy standing in front of the star map? Oh no! such suspense! do you know him?

YeeRees wrote:@DeeBee @Gemini  @spacebaby45678
I’m not so sure it’s as straightforward as Palpatine being responsible for Anakin’s creation. These tweets from Pablo Hidalgo in answer to questions raised by the recent Vader/Mustafar comic arc seem to suggest it’s more complicated than that. Whether Palpatine did actually initiate Anakin’s creation or it was the will of the force or maybe a combination of the two. It could be the will of the force allowed Palpatine to create Anakin, who would in turn become ‘The Chosen One’ so that he was in effect the architect of his own doom.  
@YeeRees
Hi YeeRees, Yes I'm not so sure it's straightforward either.
Palpatine's role in the conception of Anakin could be direct, could be indirect, could be thought by Palpatine to be direct when it is really indirect.
lol. who knows.
I think GL took it out of the script for an important reason - because it's better to not be explicit with this stuff.
For me, it's part of the story that Anakin's conception is a result of Palpatine's existence one way or another- whether Palpatine was directly involved or not.  They may go full let's give the details of how Palpatine 'arranged his conception' - it's possible.
spacebaby45678 wrote:@YeeRees @Gemini
I remember years ago here in the Rey Lineage, saying exactly what Pablo is pointing out. That originally Ep3 had a " I am your father moment"
with Anakin & Palps. However, GL decided to take it out explicitly but leave it subtextually with images, as Pablo says "the backdrop"

In the opera scene during the rendition of the tragedy of Darth Plagues the wise, there is an image that resembles a sperm and egg.

So what are we left with, exactly what existed on this subject before... that we can read what we want into that scene.

@spacebaby45678
- I agree. This may be a little weird, but I'm reminded of this section of Alice in Wonderland:
Lewis Carrol: Alice in Wonderland wrote:
‘What I was going to say,’ said the Dodo in an offended tone, ‘was, that the best thing to get us dry would be a Caucus-race.’
‘What is a Caucus-race?’ said Alice; not that she wanted much to know, but the Dodo had paused as if it thought that somebody ought to speak, and no one else seemed inclined to say anything.
‘Why,’ said the Dodo, ‘the best way to explain it is to do it.’ (And, as you might like to try the thing yourself, some winter day, I will tell you how the Dodo managed it.)
First it marked out a race-course, in a sort of circle, (‘the exact shape doesn’t matter,’ it said,) and then all the party were placed along the course, here and there. There was no ‘One, two, three, and away,’ but they began running when they liked, and left off when they liked, so that it was not easy to know when the race was over. However, when they had been running half an hour or so, and were quite dry again, the Dodo suddenly called out ‘The race is over!’ and they all crowded round it, panting, and asking, ‘But who has won?’

This question the Dodo could not answer without a great deal of thought, and it sat for a long time with one finger pressed upon its forehead (the position in which you usually see Shakespeare, in the pictures of him), while the rest waited in silence. At last the Dodo said, ‘everybody has won, and all must have prizes.’  

Based on what I've seen of how this question of Anakin's origins has been handled I'm guessing that this question is a caucus-race. Everyone views it how they want and everyone wins and has a prize.

The point isn't that one detailed theory will be revealed to be the winner. There won't be one winner because there doesn't need to be and it's about getting dry not winning the race. lol.
The point is to get fans theorising and engaging... without alienating those who draw different conclusions. It's both infuriating and clever at the same time to me. lol
The general story is likely Palpatine influenced the rise of the skywalkers - but exactly to what degree or how in detail I think doesn't matter.

IMHO Star Wars will not get explicit about something that has engaged fans in discussion if they don't have to, they leave things mysterious and unresolved sometimes..
Sure, we may find in TROS the detail of how Palpatine influenced things matters- then we'll find out more. but I'm prepared for us to not get a definite answer, and my view is that we currently don't have a definite answer. But others will see this differently and that's okay - we all win prizes Razz

I wonder if Rey's origins will be treated in the same way - maybe at this point we know all we need to know. I'd be fine with that. but.. we'll see!

Saracene wrote:I’ve never been invested in the mystery of Rey’s heritage, but if they make her some sort of artificial creation I’d find it a weird choice. It would IMO remove a lot of Rey’s relatability if she’s revealed to be some weird clone or whatever.

@Saracene - I agree. maybe I'm missing something but I understood that to be a clone of Luke or Palpatine, you would be male sex, not female sex -even in star wars?!

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:The only theory I like that expands her story beyond having a mother and father is the one presented by Wayward Jedi - that Rey has no parents, that she was created by the Force.  (The SW's version of Wonder Woman).  I am warm to the idea because he presented it well (Divine Feminine, Goddess Creation inspiration/concept), and I love the movie Wonder Woman (I admit that bias increases my positive reaction).   Very Happy

Otherwise, the theories/guesses that she is Mandalorian, and Zori Bliss is her sister (or mother, OK with either lol), and that will expand up her mother & father and finding out more about her history (and reconciling, healing about it) are fun to think about. Smile

@SW_Heroine_Journey - Rey the child of the force is fine with me. but then even if she was born to two humans she could still be viewed as a child of the force anyway.. so I keep coming back to the idea that there is no need to be specific.
the force wills for Rey to be gifted with a special connection to Kylo/Ben and for both to experienced unique raw power..
why I am guessing we will find out in TROS but maybe not the how.. we'll see! fun to ponder!

Oh and LOL I hadn't heard the guess about Zori Bliss the sister. that's funny and hey - as valid as any other idea out there at this point so good luck to anyone who thinks this- it's a fun time to be playing with ideas!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Sat 03 Aug 2019, 1:00 pm

I’m all for leaving Palpy’s role (or lack thereof) in Anakin’s birth as inuendo at best.

Whether he created him directly or caused the Force to create him in retaliation for messing with the Force just isn’t as important as the fact that Palpatine recognizes Anakin as connected to the Chosen One prophecy immediately and spent from the time Anakin was nine years old onwards grooming him to become the ultimate Sith and thereby subvert the prophecy.

Similarly, Rey being a Palpatine experiment gone awry, conceived by the Force as Anakin 2.0 or is just the child of two nameless scavengers who happens to be strong in the Force isn’t as important as the fact that the Force is using her as the Yin to Ben’s Yang to bring balance to the Force.

All that said, I definitely have my preferences. I prefer the idea that Anakin was the Force’s retaliation against the Sith’s unnatural messing with it and that Palpatine recognized Anakin as that and instead of trying to fight the prophecy, cleverly opted to ride the prophecy by subverting it. It actually makes Palpatine seem more clever (and more likely to have had some sort of backup plan that leads to his appearance in TRoS) than if Anakin’s whole life was just a long con on the Jedi to gain the ultimate Sith Apprentice.*

Similarly, I much prefer “Rey’s parents were just drunken scavengers and she just happens to have an immensely strong connection to the Force” because of what that says about The Force going forward past The Skywalker saga. It says that while Anakin was strong, “descendant of the Chosen One” isn’t the only way a character can be that strong in The Force. Instead the Force can choose ANYONE to be its champion... to be as strong or stronger than even Anakin or Luke if they need to be for the challenges they will face.

It’s like the moral of “Ratatouille”... “Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.“

THAT is a much better lasting message than “only the right bloodlines” count.

* The only thing more fitting for Anakin’s true origins in relation to the sequel trilogy would be a reveal that Shme was actually incorrect about the “no father” part and Anakin’s dad was just a random drunken hookup she couldn’t remember. Thus, Rey IS a literal Anakin 2.0; not because of some divine intervention of the Force or machinations of the Sith; but because random extremely powerful Force users can actually just pop up anywhere as random people without regard to bloodlines.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 03 Aug 2019, 6:01 pm

I’ve seen a few comparisons to the “Ratatouille” message but IMO it doesn’t work all that well in the SW universe, where it’s clear that, while a powerful force user can pass on their powers to their kids, the force is also completely democratic and powerful force users can pop up anywhere and nobody bats an eyelid. The Skywalker family is really the exception rather than the rule, because Anakin broke the rules, fell in love and had children. Rey doesn’t face any struggle, prejudice or opposition because of her low origins, unlike the hero in “Ratatouille” who is a rat in the world where most people’s reaction to a rat in the kitchen is, ewww gross kill it now. It would have worked better if, for instance, the force powers in the SW universe were the sole domain of a few elite families and no one else; then Rey’s appearance would have been a real game-changer.

The whole “anyone can be a hero” thing is IMO all about addressing the expectations of the *audience*, who expected Rey to be related to some established important SW character. When they try to bring it in-verse, it results in weird fourth wall-breaking dialogue like “you have no place in this story” and Rey crying because all of a sudden, the idea of her parents being nobodies is the worst thing she could hear.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 04 Aug 2019, 7:00 am

If there is one thing I'm hoping they retain it's the 'Anakin being a child of the Force' plotline.....I thought it was the one thing in SW that was ridiculous.
Far better if he was simply the illegitimate son of a nobody who just happened to be gifted, rather like Rey. I don't mind if Rey turns out to be a Kenobi but I'm pretty taken with her being someone from a mundane background.
It's refreshing.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 04 Aug 2019, 9:57 am

An excerpt from a well thought out article about Rey's origins from Screen Rant... link to the full article below

"So the key to Rey's story may not lie in her parents' identity, but rather in where exactly she came from. If that is indeed the case, though, it's difficult to take this theory much further. While it's possible J.J. Abrams has tied Rey in to a pre-existing location, maybe even Tatooine, he's more likely to have created a whole new world; it wouldn't even be a surprise to learn Rey's parents came from Kijimi, which appears to be the planet shown in the trailer.

While all that's just supposition, certain logical deductions can be made about Rey's backstory. Rey's parents were junk traders, which means they're less likely to be tied to a Core world like Coruscant or Hosnian Prime, where customs procedures make that profession a lot more difficult. She was born at a time when Luke Skywalker was attempting to reform the Jedi Order, and yet she never came to Luke's attention; that again supports the idea Rey was brought up on a more remote Rim-world, where nobody of note ever crossed her path and noticed the child's Force potential. This all supports the idea Rey could have come from Kijimi, which appears to be a fairly lawless Rim-world, and has a "Thieves' Quarter" where bounty hunters like Zori Bliss operate.

There is one other potentially important clue, though. Rey is unusually powerful in the Force, so much so that she can match Kylo Ren, grandson of the Chosen One. That means you'd expect powerful Force-sensitives across the galaxy, such as Luke Skywalker or Palpatine himself, to sense her existence from an early age. In Star Wars, however, a nexus of the Dark Side can conceal the existence of even the most powerful Force-users; Yoda remained hidden on Dagobah for 20 years, living near the Dark Side cave. Rey was safe on Jakku, a world that had been touched by the Emperor's plans, and was only sensed by Supreme Leader Snoke when she left the planet. But why did nobody sense her before she was taken to Jakku?

It could actually be Rey originates from another world steeped in the Dark Side, which concealed her as a child. If so, that may even hint at why Rey's past is important - because she has a secret link to the Sith, and the greatest Dark Lord of the Sith is making his unexpected return in Star Wars "

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-theory-where-rey-from-location-important/?utm_content=bufferf68c5&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=SR-TW&utm_campaign=SR-TW
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 04 Aug 2019, 11:12 am

That's something I'd like, actually.
If there's one thing I wasn't keen on in TLJ, it w Rey's transformation into a noble, impossible to corrupt 'white knight' at the end, as seen by the lofty, superior look on her face as she slammed shut the door on the Force bond. Rian said the scene was to show her strength, but to me she just seemed...... annoying, especially when Kylo there wasn't the raging hate filled man who confronted Luke, but a lost little boy!

I liked how Rey was presented as in her own way as flawed as Kylo, both earlier in the film and during TFA. I hope she won't be seen as the saintly heroine waiting for the antihero to prove he's worthy of her, but someone who has to deal with her own demons, like Kylo. Where Han Solo had to prove himself unselfish by helping the rebellion in order to win Leia, I'd like Rey and Kylo to ultimately prove themself worthy of each other.
And if Rey came from the Dark.....how delicious is that? The son of heroes turns to the Dark, a child of the Sith turns to the Light.
Truly they are two sides of the same coin.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 04 Aug 2019, 12:26 pm

Rey's transformation into a noble, impossible to corrupt 'white knight' at the end, as seen by the lofty, superior look on her face as she slammed shut the door on the Force bond. Rian said the scene was to show her strength, but to me she just seemed...... annoying, especially when Kylo there wasn't the raging hate filled man who confronted Luke, but a lost little boy!

@motherofpearl1

Oh like this....

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Tumblr_pvq142otJo1y8hadgo1_540

During the throne room scene. Snoke tells Rey... "So much strength"  In a scene cut from TLJ, Luke warns Rey about her white knight tendencies.. rushing in where fools fear to tread... as such.

If you go back to the scene in TCW when Maul is about to kill Satine and is trying to tempt Obi-Wan to anger. He says this...

"You can kill me but you can never destroy me, it takes strength to resist the Darkside, only the weak embrace it."

notice some of the similarities in Satine's death to the throne room scene in TLJ, the major difference being that Ben would kill to save Rey.

As far as Rey being related to Palpatine, I very much doubt it. He already has too much Karma to work out with the Skywalkers, unless of course, Rey is a Skywalker herself.  When Anakin killed Palpy then died, there where NO MORE SITH. As per GL,  So Rey being descended from Sith is zero probability.

Are Rey's true parents working for Dark forces? Maybe Palpatine himself? Maybe Rey's father is an imperial or former imperial now encased securely in the FO. Allegiant Pryde? Maybe so. What about Rey's mother? I like Qi'ra as her mother myself. Qi'ra has a lot of poetry with Rey & Kylo and rhyming as it is she is working for Maul by the end of Solo and heading a vast criminal organization, which would explain the Kijimi connection rather easily.

Now we would have balance.. Anakin/Dark vs. Obi/Light.... LeiaHan/Light vs. Rey's Parents/Dark ....  Rey/Light vs. Kylo/Dark
Another clue, of course, is that one of the ancient Mando weapons in Qi'ra's lair ends up with the KOR. But this is all speculation of course.  Razz

About Kylo acting like a raging lost little boy, TYPICAL Skywalker men behavior...I think it was @AhsokaTano, who found Ben's published birthday in February, making him a Pisces just like his Uncle Luke, ... this is a very mutable emotional sign. In Tarot, Pisces corresponds to The Moon Card, The Moon is the card of illusion, deception, intuition, dreams, and the subconscious. It also speaks of anxiety and insecurity

There is a strength card in Tarot and it falls under the sign of LEO, the reason for this is, that in August under the sign of LEO it is when the Sun is at is full STRENGTH.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 9k=

Oh yes and now this spoiler from a post TROS book, I think this seals the deal on her lineage being a light side of some sort. But, it will not be because she is a clone of Luke's hand.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Tumblr_puxuucBGme1y8hadgo1_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 06 Aug 2019, 5:04 am

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 06 Aug 2019, 5:41 am

There's been speculation on here about his, hasn't there?
It's funny but I can't help but think how accurate a lot of Reylos have been regarding what's going to happen in the ST. Spot on regarding the Force bond, but with quite a few other things as well.
It was the Reylo fandom that got me to see TFA in fact.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next