Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

+58
tukicarreno
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
Armadeus
PalmettoBlue
Casper
Forsythia
DeeBee
Froggy
bruna8728
nickandnora
special_cases
LadyGaufrette
Moonjump05
reylo1992
grimbergen
rey09
californiagirl
snufkin
Atenais
Oscarborough-fairo
MaddieDove
MrsWindu
spacebaby45678
Teo oswald
SkyStar
MindAndMagic
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Riri
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Night Huntress
rawpowah
SheLitAFire
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
cherrylipstick
olyer
Kylo Men
Cowgirlsamurai
unicorn
Mielikki
thescavenger
ZioRen
whisperingwillow
KiraRen2015
Birdwoman
fuhry
Kylo Rey
lauvamp
12 Parsnips
Gemini
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
SW_Heroine_Journey
62 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Gemini Mon 21 Oct 2019, 5:31 pm

nickandnora wrote:She posted three more. They are probably the most intriguing ones.

Someone is going to have to give me context for the Labyrinth (I think) scene. I don't even know what kind of character Jennifer Connelly plays. (oh, and... apple, strawberry... moon? lol)
@nickandnora

Sarah is trying to save her brother from the goblin king who is kind of infatuated with Sarah. I think he wants her to be with him and rule? She refuses? He almost entrap her but she breaks free.

It was a long time ago, I cant remember much. That's the story..

Is there a specific scene mentioned?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 21 Oct 2019, 5:41 pm

Gemini wrote:
nickandnora wrote:She posted three more. They are probably the most intriguing ones.

Someone is going to have to give me context for the Labyrinth (I think) scene. I don't even know what kind of character Jennifer Connelly plays. (oh, and... apple, strawberry... moon? lol)
@nickandnora

Sarah is trying to save her brother from the goblin king who is kind of infatuated with Sarah. I think he wants her to be with him and rule? She refuses? He almost entrap her but she breaks free.

@Gemini
It's this:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 2 Captur23
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 21 Oct 2019, 5:43 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@nickandnora

@Gemini
It's this:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 2 Captur23
@Moonlight13

Ah yes...she almost falls to the dark side!

They dance and she is under his spell.

But the baddies around her freak her out.

She breaks free.

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 21 Oct 2019, 5:46 pm

@Gemini I saw mostly confusion, mockery, or indifference at Maul's appearance, largely because the film doesn't explain it, pops out of nowhere, and kind of doesn't go anywhere. Perhaps they'll keep the Solo plot going in comic book form. Maul was a later addition to Solo, they basically needed a recognizable villain to make an impression.

GL had plans for Palpatine to be in the ST, and the current group of filmmakers have used a number of those ideas. And even that's going to be an uphill climb, as without context, many feel it discredits the ST, or is cheap or indicates a lack of planning. I trust them, but I don't control the bigger cultural narrative that has already signed off the series because of Palpatine's involvement.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 21 Oct 2019, 5:49 pm

californiagirl wrote:@Gemini I saw mostly confusion, mockery, or indifference at Maul's appearance, largely because the film doesn't explain it, pops out of nowhere, and kind of doesn't go anywhere. Perhaps they'll keep the Solo plot going in comic book form. Maul was a later addition to Solo, they basically needed a recognizable villain to make an impression.

GL had plans for Palpatine to be in the ST, and the current group of filmmakers have used a number of those ideas. And even that's going to be an uphill climb, as without context, many feel it discredits the ST, or is cheap or indicates a lack of planning. I trust them, but I don't control the bigger cultural narrative that has already signed off the series because of Palpatine's involvement.
@californiagirl

See, we can agree to disagree. Maul/Qira is being set up. I also believe it's going somewhere and it was for a reason because he just died on the small screen, there is something in between that space that they want on the big screen
It could be for comic books though, I agree. Who knows.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 21 Oct 2019, 5:53 pm

Gemini wrote:
californiagirl wrote:@Gemini I saw mostly confusion, mockery, or indifference at Maul's appearance, largely because the film doesn't explain it, pops out of nowhere, and kind of doesn't go anywhere. Perhaps they'll keep the Solo plot going in comic book form. Maul was a later addition to Solo, they basically needed a recognizable villain to make an impression.

@californiagirl

See, we can agree to disagree. Maul/Qira is being set up. I also believe it's going somewhere and it was for a reason because he just died on the small screen, there is something in between  that space that they want on the big screen
It could be for comic books though, I agree. Who knows.
@Gemini

My Dad is an Old guy... Saw the OT in the Theater.. he quite loved Solo.. he never mocked Maul once..

In order to Mock Maul's appearance you had to be a supercasual fan yet remember that he was sliced in half in TPM... well that is a niche group if I have ever heard of one.

Superfans already know that Maul is not dead... Super general audience fans probably didn't even remember him and make the connection to TPM..

Superfans are your repeat viewers and will be back to see a SW flick over and over again... those are the guys tickets you want to punch in order not to experience that 70% drop off in your second week

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 21 Oct 2019, 5:54 pm

I have no dog in the fight for the PT. But it seemed pretty obvious that revealing Maul, especially after the # of TPM references (hello, Warwick Davis) dropped, was meant in part to parallel how Snoke and Dryden Vos were the public face of organizations with much darker and nefarious leadership in the shadows. Which both Ben and Qi'ra, after dispatching said leaders to ascend to the throne, are going to find more money, more problems.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 21 Oct 2019, 5:57 pm

snufkin wrote:I have no dog in the fight for the PT. But it seemed pretty obvious that revealing Maul, especially after the # of TPM references (hello, Warwick Davis) dropped, was meant in part to parallel how Snoke and Dryden Vos were the public face of organizations with much darker and nefarious leadership in the shadows. Which both Ben and Qi'ra, after dispatching said leaders to ascend to the throne, are going to find more money, more problems.
@snufkin

Ok, I just heard Puff Daddy Mo money, Mo problems in my head

Btw here is the goblin ball scene kira has referenced?

She almost falls to the dark but realises shes getting distracted and goes to save her brother..

https://youtu.be/4nBjvElCzAw

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 21 Oct 2019, 5:59 pm

@Gemini This could be totally off topic, but I just want Enfys Nest to get more love from LF, she was the surprise fan favorite of the film. The actress even came to Celebration for autographs this year.

@spacebaby45678 Kids may not know Maul from the films themselves. Though I think among adults he was iconic enough from his one brief appearance they've been plastering his image on everything and majorly cashing in since TPM. It's not just superfans and those so casual they don't remember the prequels. Even if you didn't know who he was, it was kind of a cliffhanger ending and he's not really explained, my biggest problem in the film, oddly.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:00 pm

@Gemini

It’s the ballroom scene when David Bowie/Goblin King takes off his mask ....cue music...a track by Bowie called As the World Falls Down, with lyrics that include ‘....We're choosing the path, Between the stars...’ ( I ‘may’ have been obsessed with this film as a youngster)
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:04 pm

https://twitter.com/JarettSays/status/1186364903642107904

Tweet
Conversation
Tricia Barr I love you Love and Thunder Retweeted
Jarett Wieselman
@JarettSays
immediately burst into tears watching Billie Lourd sing American Girl in honor of her mom, Carrie Fisher, who would have turned 63 today
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:05 pm

@californiagirl

Hmm, I  cant remember who that is, let me look. Was this in Solo?

EDIT oh sorry yes! She is awesome would like to see more!

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:06 pm

MrsWindu wrote:@Gemini

It’s the ballroom scene when David Bowie/Goblin King takes off his mask ....cue music...a track by Bowie called As the World Falls Down, with lyrics that include ‘....We're choosing the path, Between the stars...’ ( I ‘may’ have been obsessed with this film as a youngster)
@MrsWindu

Yes!

He sings about being there for her. Shes also tempted by him

I think SW will end a tad different, he wont stay bad, he will go with her out of the dark.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:07 pm

Final trailer for the Sequel trilogy. Getting emotional thinking about it. It’s been a long journey.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:09 pm

Man, Labyrinth is still my jam. So there's a shot like the ballroom scene in the trailer? What is being teased? Twitter confuses me, lol
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:13 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:Final trailer for the Sequel trilogy. Getting emotional thinking about it. It’s been a long journey.
@Kylo Rey

I don’t know what I’m going to do with my spare time come December!
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:15 pm

Gemini wrote:
snufkin wrote:I have no dog in the fight for the PT. But it seemed pretty obvious that revealing Maul, especially after the # of TPM references (hello, Warwick Davis) dropped, was meant in part to parallel how Snoke and Dryden Vos were the public face of organizations with much darker and nefarious leadership in the shadows. Which both Ben and Qi'ra, after dispatching said leaders to ascend to the throne, are going to find more money, more problems.
@snufkin

She almost falls to the dark but realises shes getting distracted and goes to save her brother..

@Gemini

Tell me that's not the song Kylo has in his head because it turns out being Supreme Leader is an even more miserable job than being Snoke's apprentice, especially once the Emperor rolls up and is like "thanks for keeping my seat warm, junior."  
I fully expect that even if he's doubling down at the start of TRoS with his super glued mask, trying to act like the Darkest Darksider who ever Darked, on some level he's kicking himself for not running off with Rey because getting laid would've been more fun than trying to rule the galaxy.

@Kylo Rey - the original movie was one of my first movie going experiences because my older siblings were teenagers and took me, one of the limited run theaters when it came out for the first week. I'm definitely moved by the D23 trailer they did about the passage of time and where it all started.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:20 pm

snufkin wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@snufkin

@Gemini

Tell me that's not the song Kylo has in his head because it turns out being Supreme Leader is an even more miserable job than being Snoke's apprentice, especially once the Emperor rolls up and is like "thanks for keeping my seat warm, junior."  
I fully expect that even if he's doubling down at the start of TRoS with his super glued mask, trying to act like the Darkest Darksider who ever Darked, on some level he's kicking himself for not running off with Rey because getting laid would've been more fun than trying to rule the galaxy.
@snufkin

Yeah I have that sense.

See labyrinth was much more black and white. It hints that Jared might not be a bad guy and he loves Sarah. Only he doesnt leave his kingdom. It touches on grey area Jared but it  doesnt dare go to where Kylo most certainly  would in the end, in terms of dropping his lonely,  miserable kingdom for Rey, I mean.

In a way, to me, this ball is very much like the end scene with them in  TLJ. She is told to forget her family and join him and he will be all she needs. This is what Jared is doing in the ball as well, essentially..?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:34 pm

@Gemini

I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave. - Ben keeps asking her, first to be his student, then to be his co-ruler. Either offer if she'd accepted, she'd have ended up dead.  Snoke's hand if she'd accepted the first offer or the same fate as Padme if she'd accepted the second offer. So we shall see what happens in TRoS if the Rule of Three applies and how the dynamic has shifted again. Hopefully to something even more equitable that doesn't end in tragedy. I definitely think that rogue shot of him being Space Hamlet looking at the mask is meant to mirror Rey and Finn's "this is what will become of you if you follow this path" shots in TFA. Also will he get himself out from under that situation? Which mirrors the same way the OT's tension rested on Han having a price on his head from Jabba. Or the likely assumption that Qi'ra's leadership of Crimson Dawn ended with her being murdered the same way she took out Vos.

Also where is our resident Labyrinth subject matter expert, "@MeadowofAshes" with all these references flying around today?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:51 pm

snufkin wrote:@Gemini

I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave. - Ben keeps asking her, first to be his student, then to be his co-ruler. Either offer if she'd accepted, she'd have ended up dead.  Snoke's hand if she'd accepted the first offer or the same fate as Padme if she'd accepted the second offer. So we shall see what happens in TRoS if the Rule of Three applies and how the dynamic has shifted again. Hopefully to something even more equitable that doesn't end in tragedy. I definitely think that rogue shot of him being Space Hamlet looking at the mask is meant to mirror Rey and Finn's "this is what will become of you if you follow this path" shots in TFA. Also will he get himself out from under that situation? Which mirrors the same way the OT's tension rested on Han having a price on his head from Jabba. Or the likely assumption that Qi'ra's leadership of Crimson Dawn ended with her being murdered the same way she took out Vos.

Also where is our resident Labyrinth subject matter expert, "@MeadowofAshes" with all these references flying around today?
@snufkin
It was working! She was becoming enthralled with him in TLJ

I know folks dont agree but really feel Kylo screwed it up when he called her nothing and told her to forget her family, it's very much like what happens in that ball. Making rey feel that  he was all she needed. It was actually that, imo, which broke the spell he had on her in TLJ.

Her family and who she is seems to be integral to the ending of the saga, so the antagonists role is to put obstacles there to stop this goal being reached because if Rey reaches her goal it means he cant win. He wants the pair of them to forget  their ties and their  parents aka Killing their connections to who they are. With him, quite literally killing. Then rule together.

I dont know, I just feel that Kylo needs to embrace and accept her place in this story if he will ever leave the dark side. Rey random aids his dark plans, this is why as a protagonist she seems to overcome that obstacle  and refuses.

I'm still sure that kylo knows something more but wont accept it, yet, because accepting it will mean he cant be supreme leader and he will need to give it up and redeem himself.

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 21 Oct 2019, 6:56 pm

I heard Regal is selling TROS tickets now, other theatres should be going up now or in the next few hours.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Mon 21 Oct 2019, 7:03 pm

californiagirl wrote:I heard Regal is selling TROS tickets now, other theatres should be going up now or in the next few hours.
@californiagirl

AMC is selling now too...I'm currently in some kind of queue, but I know others who already got their tickets!!!!
bounce
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 21 Oct 2019, 7:03 pm

@12 Parsnips Fandango is going too, some already bought their tickets!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 21 Oct 2019, 7:05 pm

Anyone else in weird timezones? Waiting for this to drop at 2am
..lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 21 Oct 2019, 7:08 pm

Got mine for 6:30 Thursday night! Never done opening night before, I hear the crowd is kind of intense, but hey, it's the end, why not.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next