Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+44
reylo1992
lauvamp
justyou
madeinmn
Birdwoman
Gemlake
AhsokaTano
unicorn
Let The Past Die
Maria26
Forsythia
Lovely_Rose
Riri
cherrylipstick
Mana
giaciak2
Kylo Men
Armadeus
Moonjump05
Atenais
OrionStars
Geralt_Riv
rey09
SW_Heroine_Journey
whisperingwillow
Marlow
ZioRen
spacebaby45678
SkyStar
Saracene
bashfulblueeyes3
Mila95
motherofpearl1
rawpowah
nana7marie
Piper Maru
AcrosstheStars
Nyx
Kylo Rey
Gemini
FrolickingFizzgig
PalmettoBlue
Lily Snape
special_cases
48 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Empty Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by special_cases Sun 15 Dec 2019, 3:44 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Mila95 wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:
Mila95 wrote:Yeah Ben is stealing this whole movie for sure and reylo will be the most talk about part imo. I mean just that clip of Ben with Palpatine voice over got more hype than anything they released in the promo so far. Says it all really
@Mila95

Will anyone even give a f about the trio after this movie, lol? They’re not generating any hype in these trailers and clips at all, which is hilarious given how annoyingly vocal the uwu trio brigade are. Like, Palpatine alone will overshadow them massively, lol. He’s always been a scene stealer. Does Rey even spend that much time with them?
@Kylo Rey

always found them boring as a trio but even I'm surprised by how little hype they've generated lol. Tbh I've always felt like all that love for the trio that's been non existent is more about Kylo hate than actual love for them as a group.I doubt they'll spend as much time together as the marketing is trying to make it seem.
@Mila95
Daisy and JJ (and Oscar, I believe) have all been pretty clear that Rey's emotional storyline surrounds something that is not her two friends. Finn and Poe will spend a lot of time together, but they'll be split between accompanying Rey and trying to understand what she's dealing with exactly in her quest for answers from both Kylo and Palpatine's breadcrumbs leading to the death star Wayfinder. Eventually Rey splits off from them entirely and they all have their own story climaxes.

@special_cases She regrets her fall into rage and anger and darkness so much that she heals him despite who he is and the war going on around them, possibly weakening herself quite a bit in the process and then abandons her friends and the Resistance for the very first time. Rey looks absolutely dead inside on Ahch-To. It's a big deal for her character, and a lot of it has to do with her feelings for Ben.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I actually didn't mean it in negative light, from his POV it's an act of pure selfless love as he won't gain anything from this. Just from his POV. I hope that Rey's fall into darkness will be fraimed fairly.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Lily Snape Sun 15 Dec 2019, 3:44 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@Lily Snape
As far as I understood it the leak is not that he finds her dead and kisses her back to life, it's that he finds her dead, heals her, she resurrects and then they have a mutual kiss.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I did see that one also.  More than one set of leaks— this one was a terrible idea.  Smile Also, for Parks & Rec fans, here’s Mouserat and the fabulously bad song “The Pit” for some much-needed humor.  Ben should sing this if he survives.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors 3aea4a10
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sun 15 Dec 2019, 3:45 pm

@Lily Snape Oh Lily - I was literally biting the inside of my cheek for most of that podcast.
Wedge blows up something big. Okay. Sure. Fine. Whatever. Nope

But, I've heard that we get basically everything we want in this movie, and my only regret about that podcast is that I wasn't bolder in my predictions.

Reylo is canon, even if there are people out there who cannot see it. At this point, I'd call it willfully blind.

Regarding him finding her dead and kissing her: I think that might be a kiss of life. And if he dies, he will come back.

I don't know if you caught my shade when Melissa said: Kylo dies and get redemption that way. I answered: So exactly what we saw before with Vader? When she nodded, I continued: "Okay, got it."

No, y'all. That's not happening. JJ is at least a mediocre filmmaker. He's not going to give us the exact same ending for Ben as we got for Anakin.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 15 Dec 2019, 3:46 pm

AcrosstheStars wrote:@Atenais
That was in JP’s last leaks post. MSW said he hadn’t heard of a kiss. That BoxOffice theory place seemed to think it was real too.

@Saracene It’s so weirdly redundant. Ditto to all the fakeout deaths. Even Rey! She’s Force drained. Unconscious or barely conscious, and the Jedi of the past have to give her a wake up call and pep talk. She gets up, beats Palpatine, then she outright dies? Then is brought back again? Somebody really should have done a creative writing intervention with JJ and Terrio if all this pans out.

The odd thing was too that MSW said it was Ben’s death that somehow allowed the past Jedi to talk to Rey. So if he’s just down a pit and not dead at that point, why are they helping her and not him? How are they helping her?
@AcrosstheStars
That was totally Jason's baseless speculation as far as I could tell reading it, re: that Ben's death would trigger the ghosts.

Either way there's a Kylo scene after the pitfall. That's track 22, the last track before the final track. The tone of the OST seems to suggest it could very well be Rey's resurrection and Ben's death (though it'll probably be a longer track in the actual film), but who knows. Right now nothing is confirmed, technically.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:01 pm

rawpowah wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:
special_cases wrote:Ben's sacrifice will be the most selfless sacrifice ever as previously (like ten minutes ago via screen time) Rey tried to kill him.
@special_cases

It's pure comedy.
@Piper Maru

He's brought back/saved from death halfway through the movie only for him to die again at the end. It's so pointless. Laughing Even Jon Snow only died once on GoT Laughing
@rawpowah

Considering his ending he got, he may as well have not been brought back.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:01 pm

Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:04 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:@Lily Snape Oh Lily - I was literally biting the inside of my cheek for most of that podcast.
Wedge blows up something big. Okay. Sure. Fine. Whatever. Nope

But, I've heard that we get basically everything we want in this movie, and my only regret about that podcast is that I wasn't bolder in my predictions.

Reylo is canon, even if there are people out there who cannot see it. At this point, I'd call it willfully blind.

Regarding him finding her dead and kissing her: I think that might be a kiss of life. And if he dies, he will come back.

I don't know if you caught my shade when Melissa said: Kylo dies and get redemption that way. I answered: So exactly what we saw before with Vader? When she nodded, I continued: "Okay, got it."

No, y'all. That's not happening. JJ is at least a mediocre filmmaker. He's not going to give us the exact same ending for Ben as we got for Anakin.
@PalmettoBlue

You sounded very patient the whole time, but the “OK, boomer” tone definitely came through. Smile I think that if it goes the way of the leaks 100%, it’s just bad storytelling (and also depressing as hell right at the holidays....and for kids.)

—JJ got criticized for making ANH 2.0. This would be Vader 2.0. I really hope it’s different, even if just for JJ to be able to say that he didn’t make ROTJ 2.0.
—Vader was a (very old-looking) 46-year-old widower with two young-adult kids and a dubious but successful career behind him. Kylo is 30, never had a girlfriend, married to his job...he hasn’t had a chance to have a personal life yet. Killing him off would be a lot sadder. I mean, again harkening back to our childhood and a character dying young, this isn’t Porkins, it’s Ben Solo.
—Vader didn’t have Palpatine in his head from the time he was in utero. Ben hasn’t had a chance yet to live as himself. Again, much sadder to kill him off. Why let us know IN THIS FILM that Palpatine has been in his head for 30 years and then never give him a chance to be free?
—It’s Star Wars, not Game of Thrones, not Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. It’s OK to have a cheesy ending. It doesn’t have to be edgy— it’s Star Wars.
—He’s the son of Leia and Han Solo.
—He’s the last Skywalker.

So I’m holding out hope. Which is very Star Wars-y when you think about it. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:10 pm

My tl on twitter talking about a Visual Dictionary spoiler. But I cant seem to find anything.

Nyx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:10 pm

Visual dictionary leaking

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors A28ac610
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:14 pm

Hm, so I guess "The Force is With You” is definitely when Jedi help Rey and she defeats Palpy.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:17 pm

special_cases wrote:Hm, so I guess "The Force is With You” is definitely when Jedi help Rey and she defeats Palpy.
@special_cases
Yeah, I don't think I had any doubt about that. So whatever the Kylo scene is, it's definitely after Palpatine's demise.

Re: the visual dictionary spoiler, gotta love how photo leaks are always the worst quality ever. It's just amazing to me. No matter what the fandom is if you aren't using a Polaroid from the late 90's to take the picture, it's not a real leak!

This also seems to imply that Palpatine basically attempts to or succeeds in tricking Kylo by promising him the remnants of the Empire, but the wording of the last sentence makes it a bit unclear if he actually trusts him.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:18 pm

Here’s all the ones they’ve posted so far:

FYC Track 1: was “Prologue”; now two tracks, “Fanfare and Prologue” and “Journey to Exegol”
FYC Tracks 2-5: NOT included
FYC Track 6: was “To Kijimi”; now “We Go Together”
FYC Track 7 & 8: “Fleeing from Kijimi” and “Hallway Shooting” were combined; now called “Fleeing from Kijimi”
FYC Track 9: “Hard to Get Rid Of” is NOT included
FYC Track 10: still “Join Me”
FYC Track 11 & 12: “The Old Death Star” and “Off the Waterfront” were combined; now called “The Old Death Star”
FYC Track 13 & 14: “Final Saber Duel” and Healing Wounds” were combined; now called “Final Saber Duel”
FYC Track 15: “Advice” is NOT included
FYC Track 16: still “Battle of the Resistance”
FYC Track 17: still “Approaching the Throne”
FYC Track 18: “Parents” is NOT included 
FYC Track 19: “Coming Together” is NOT included
FYC Track 20 & 21: “Seeing Sights” and “Rescue” were combined; now “The Force Is With You”
FYC Track 22: still “Farewell”
FYC Track 23: still “A New Home”

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/eb52rt/first_ost_track_name_leak_via_shazam_journey_to/?sort=confidence

I’m really hung up on “Seeing Sights.” Did they change the title because it was originally supposed to be Force ghosts showing up and it was switched to voices, or are they trying to hide their appearance? Hmm.

Last edited by AcrosstheStars on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:21 pm

I see that people who finally leaked this page thinks that it debunks leaks?

*sigh*

Spoiler: It really doesn't.

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:23 pm

special_cases wrote:I see that people who finally leaked this page thinks that it debunks leaks?

*sigh*

@special_cases

IA, just shows stuff was missing. The fact that Mustafar is included? Hot dog! That makes me excited, anyway. I remember a lot of people specced it was Mustafar, assuming this is referring to the scene from trailers he’s fighting the natives in the red hazy environment.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:32 pm

special_cases wrote:I see that people who finally leaked this page thinks that it debunks leaks?

*sigh*

@special_cases

Everyone hates the leaks, so that's not surprising Laughing

Though the Mustafar inclusion is interesting, even if inconsequential.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:32 pm

AcrosstheStars wrote:I read back through all the pages I missed on this thread, and I still keep coming back to no Force ghost. The only ones whose bodies disappeared were Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Luke. All became ghosts. So why in the world would they not show him? I find this so strange that JJ just gave an interview saying they couldn’t leave even a line of dialogue by Rey, Kylo, Finn etc. unexplained, but he leaves the Force ghost unexplained and up in the air? Presumably just in case they do another trilogy? I wonder if some of you are right and we might hear the Force bond noise at the end. Average person wouldn’t even pick up on that on a first viewing, if at all.
@AcrosstheStars
This all makes me feel there’s more to what the leaks say - no Force Ghost, no funeral mentioned but also no resurrection or ‘he’s alive’ reveal and any of these could potentially happen.

bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:She wasn't going to say anything about Adam because that is a spoiler.
@bashfulblueeyes3
AcrosstheStars wrote:Which interview? The one where she said more stories about the trio and BB-8? I think that was early in the year. IA, she wouldn’t have mentioned Kylo regardless because his fate was/is a spoiler. 
@AcrosstheStars
Approves

Atenais wrote:Are we even sure that they will kiss? I believe it's a leak, no? We still don't know for sure lot of things...
@Atenais
LOL indeed it could be a lie and they don’t kiss, Rey doesn’t acknowledge her feelings towards Kylo in any way, he dies permanently and so her final scene doesn’t include any grieving  lol!

AcrosstheStars wrote:It’s so weirdly redundant. Ditto to all the fakeout deaths. Even Rey! She’s Force drained. Unconscious or barely conscious, and the Jedi of the past have to give her a wake up call and pep talk. She gets up, beats Palpatine, then she outright dies? Then is brought back again? Somebody really should have done a creative writing intervention with JJ and Terrio if all this pans out.
@AcrosstheStars
Claps

PalmettoBlue wrote:Regarding him finding her dead and kissing her: I think that might be a kiss of life. And if he dies, he will come back.

@PalmettoBlue
Lily Snape wrote:So I’m holding out hope.  Which is very Star Wars-y when you think about it.  Smile
@Lily Snape
Same, ladies, same! Thumbs up
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:34 pm

*sigh*

@special_cases

I feel so bad for them. They're getting their hopes up for nothing.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:34 pm

Um....if I see this film it will ruin my Christmas.
Ben dies. The most boring trio of characters live.
I'm sorry guys, but at Christmas I like to be happy.
Crap ending to a crap year.
Think I'll read fantiction instead.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:37 pm

@Piper Maru Yeah, there were previous reports of Mustafar and I always hoped we will see it in the movie, but now I'm not sure. There is another entry in VD where Hux is mad that Kylo is chasing his Sith stuff all over the Galaxy and it looks like it's pre-story set up for the beginning of the movie. So perhaps Kylo visited Mustafar before Exegol and it will be in the comics.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:40 pm

I remember TLJ Visual Dictionary had a lot of world building about Ahch-To and the space nuns and all the objects Luke was carrying around and almost nothing made it into the movie lmao. Laughing I'm being reminded of those renisthekey fleaks now Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:46 pm

There’s an interview with KK in the LA Times today that talks about the same thing we were discussing earlier, post ST content. Just read it. She doesn’t specify which characters this time. Just says they “won’t abandon them” and they don’t want to be stuck in the three act trilogy format essentially due to it being restrictive. More like they don’t know how to or refuse to plan, heh.

Also reads to me like they’re waiting to see what the reaction is to TROS before deciding what to do, hence the “in the coming weeks” bit.

Kennedy said she plans to make key decisions about the direction of the franchise in the coming weeks. But some things she already knows. While the “Skywalker” saga is ending, the company won’t abandon the characters created in the most recent trilogy. Additionally, she said, the plan is to move beyond trilogies, which can be restricting. 

“I think it gives us a more open-ended view of storytelling and doesn’t lock us into this three-act structure,” she said. “We’re not going to have some finite number and fit it into a box. We’re really going to let the story dictate that.”

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2019-12-15/kathleen-kennedy-lucasfilm-the-last-jedi-the-mandalorian

Last edited by AcrosstheStars on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:46 pm

Lmao @ Reddit proclaiming the PT fanboy mando-ops' crazy fleaks are totes legit because he said the first planet with Kylo in red is Mustafar. Tons of people called that and it was in leaks ages ago from MSW as I recall. He has been wrong about literally everything, haha.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:50 pm

Hopefully there's more to Kylo working with Palpatine other than he wants to inherit the sith empire. Cause isn't he the guy who hates both sith and jedi and wants it all to die lol

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:51 pm

@rawpowah I don't think it debunks the leaks, but it doesn't give the full picture of all the scenes. All will be revealed this week.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:51 pm

AcrosstheStars wrote:There’s an interview with KK in the LA Times today that talks about the same thing we were discussing earlier, post ST content. Just read it. She doesn’t specify which characters this time. Just says they “won’t abandon them” and they don’t want to be stuck in the three act trilogy format essentially due to it being restrictive. More like they don’t know how to or refuse to plan, heh.

Also reads to me like they’re waiting to see what the reaction is to TROS before deciding what to do, hence the “in the coming weeks” bit.

Kennedy said she plans to make key decisions about the direction of the franchise in the coming weeks. But some things she already knows. While the “Skywalker” saga is ending, the company won’t abandon the characters created in the most recent trilogy. Additionally, she said, the plan is to move beyond trilogies, which can be restricting. 

“I think it gives us a more open-ended view of storytelling and doesn’t lock us into this three-act structure,” she said. “We’re not going to have some finite number and fit it into a box. We’re really going to let the story dictate that.”

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2019-12-15/kathleen-kennedy-lucasfilm-the-last-jedi-the-mandalorian
@AcrosstheStars

I called this previously, that they want to move on from Saga's format and three-act structure and I also suspect that they want to shift Lucas' lore a little. Seems that they have a creative crisis when script writers feel very limited while operating in this format.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next