Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

+56
snufkin
TheLastJedi
lauvamp
reylo1992
bruna8728
motherofpearl1
Riri
BigDeal2187
rawpowah
Sad Man
rey09
Let The Past Die
Cowgirlsamurai
giaciak2
Chris24601
ReyloSpanishFan
Nyx
Night Huntress
Dar-ren19
vinventure12
SkyStar
Maria26
Mana
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
Birdwoman
Saracene
Gemini
Armadeus
unicorn
SW_Heroine_Journey
Marlow
cherrylipstick
justyou
Lily Snape
olyer
MindAndMagic
Piper Maru
BenRey
Summerbrze8
Mila95
Geralt_Riv
loversinthestorm
SheLitAFire
KiraRen2015
Atenais
Moonjump05
Krafty
OrionStars
spacebaby45678
FrolickingFizzgig
AcrosstheStars
Kylo Rey
special_cases
ZioRen
whisperingwillow
60 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by ZioRen Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:10 pm

Mmm, not yet. We'll start getting those when the general audiences have access to the movie. Has any country opened it in theaters yet?
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Gemini Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:13 pm

Again...

Its weird how the only images leaked were....wait a second

The image of the 2 Sabres was the same angle and shot as the one leaked ages ago...

Was it?

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:13 pm

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:15 pm

@special_cases

Omg it begins...lmao!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:15 pm

@special_cases

Burger King leak masters is still my favorite part about the TROS lead up. A few years down the line it's going to randomly pop into my head and I'm going to break down laughing.

Everybody is going to be disappointed if they don't run this campaign again for the next huge movie.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:19 pm

https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1207083408578486272

Sleemo rightfully reminding everybody that tagging Lucasfilm employees with complaints is immature, rude and pointless. It's healthy and good to talk about your disappointments, but most employees had zero creative hand in this film and shouldn't be blamed for anything anyone dislikes. We're talking people like Matt Martin here, many of whom didn't know what the film entailed until this week either.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:20 pm

@special_cases

Laughing so hard my stomach hurts!
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:20 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I need a bit of advice...... anyone here think it's a good idea to see this film now?
I've been looking forward to it more than Christmas, but I'm seriously considering not bothering to see it now.
@motherofpearl1

We have tickets for Thursday night, so we’re going. I’ll let you know what our take is here (family of Reylos to varying degrees— my husband and kids are unspoiled, so I’m interested to see their reactions.)
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:21 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1207083408578486272

Sleemo rightfully reminding everybody that tagging Lucasfilm employees with complaints is immature, rude and pointless. It's healthy and good to talk about your disappointments, but most employees had zero creative hand in this film and shouldn't be blamed for anything anyone dislikes. We're talking people like Matt Martin here, many of whom didn't know what the film entailed until this week either.
@FrolickingFizzgig

So it begins. Why can't people just vent in a proper fashion? It always seems to lapse into lashing out at whoever's ear they can get with Disney or Lucasfilm's name attached to them, even if the target had no part in these decisions.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:22 pm

I do very much enjoy all the prequel memes, so at least something positive will come of this trainwreck. Why cry when you can laugh, right? I think once it sinks in more and I adjust to what happened, I will find this all comically awful and appreciate it for the unintentional lulzs, so there’s always an upside anyway. Laughing
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:25 pm

AcrosstheStars wrote:I do very much enjoy all the prequel memes, so at least something positive will come of this trainwreck. Why cry when you can laugh, right? I think once it sinks in more and I adjust to what happened, I will find this all comically awful and appreciate it for the unintentional lulzs, so there’s always an upside anyway. Laughing
@AcrosstheStars

I always laugh as self-defence mechanism so I think memes in general is one the most greatest thing the internet invented.

--

I found that Twitter conversation about sand, and it seems she says that she is comfortable in the desert, not literally that she likes sand. Well... this is dissapointing 😂😂😂
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:26 pm

ZioRen wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

So it begins. Why can't people just vent in a proper fashion? It's always about lashing out at whoever's ear they can get, even if the target had no part in these decisions.
@ZioRen
It's truly one of the most f***ed up aspects of internet and fandom culture. It has become so easy to reach out to/contact creators, actors and artists and the criticisms are not even that most of the time due to Twitter's limited word count, they're often just angry posts screaming totally insane things as loud as they can and in front of as many anonymous users as possible. This movie is going to be divisive as hell and undoubtedly the worst received critically of the sequels, but that doesn't mean any employees (whether they were involved or not) deserve to be outright abused via social media. And by abused I really mean told to harm themselves or die or whatever other batsh*t threat gets thrown their way.

Expressing disappointment is totally healthy and should be expected after a long investment. I know what I'm saying is pointless because Twitter is teaming with anonymous users who are going to do whatever they want, but still!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:40 pm

special_cases wrote:
AcrosstheStars wrote:I do very much enjoy all the prequel memes, so at least something positive will come of this trainwreck. Why cry when you can laugh, right? I think once it sinks in more and I adjust to what happened, I will find this all comically awful and appreciate it for the unintentional lulzs, so there’s always an upside anyway. Laughing
@AcrosstheStars

I always laugh as self-defence mechanism so I think memes in general is one the most greatest thing the internet invented.

--

I found that Twitter conversation about sand, and it seems she says that she is comfortable in the desert, not literally that she likes sand. Well... this is dissapointing 😂😂😂
@special_cases

I love the PT, truly do, and the memes for that get me all the time. For a movie I’m likely going to despise, memes will help so much. People are creative and funny and talented, that’s one good thing about social media!

Well darn. JJ just should have gone full on ham and gone for broke there. He did say he decided “___ it!” after all. Yes, JJ, we know. It’s evident that’s exactly what you and Disney decided.

To sleemo’s point, some people were either taught no manners or ignored all such lessons in life. It’s one thing to say to the director, writer, exec types that you have a problem with something and why and do so respectfully. They say they pay attention to what fans say, so I get the desire to want to say “This really let me down because XYZ.” Too often it devolves straight in to the gutter though with hate and vitriol, and that is not okay. 

Complaining to the actors I just find tacky regardless, unless it’s in the vein of “I wish you had more screen time!” or “I wish this had happened too!” In contrast, “I hated your character’s arc in this film. It was terrible!” is NOT the way to pay someone you like a compliment, unless maybe they’ve said the same things themselves first. They didn’t write it (usually...) and just did the best they could with what they were given.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:50 pm

Oh god, so they did laugh at Reylo kiss and Ben's death because these two important moments were poorly executed by JJ, this hurts me even more than Ben's death itself.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 39 TZKHcaV
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:54 pm

@OrionStars
My impression is the laughing was mostly confusion over what exactly happened and why he died. As ViewerAnon said it's all played totally fine and uplifting and epic until he just kinda falls over, she touches his face and then he disappears. But yeah, this is something we all need to actually see. I've heard some truly wonky interpretations of so many scenes in the ST and this seems like another one that will have varying confusing descriptions.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 17 Dec 2019, 6:58 pm

I think they laughed because you can't understand what is really happening. You also can think that Kylo died because of kiss which is hilarious and cute 😂

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 39 Screen15
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Tue 17 Dec 2019, 7:01 pm

Yeah it sounds like the staging for his death is weird and kinda silly because it's not clear that anything is wrong and then he just falls over and dies.I think it would have been better if the audience knew all along that doing something like that means sacrificing his life and during the kiss you know he'll die than playing it as a surprise.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 17 Dec 2019, 7:02 pm

BenRey wrote:Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 39 E06dee10
@BenRey

Fan service without actually having Hayden cameo at some point as a force ghost isn't really that great of a fan service. Disney, you missed your mark.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 17 Dec 2019, 7:04 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

She is very right. And I find Matt Martin's tweet wise too. So far people are focusing on the outcome, leaving aside for now that that there are 2 hours building this outcome. From what I understand, the first hour is filled with a lot of information  and the second part is filled with a lot of emotion. I don't know what REG meant exactly with the big character plot twist but most important is it indeed makes sense storywise and emotionally speaking. I would lie if I would tell that I didn't feel nervous yesterday but I was kind of prepared in my mind to any scenario having Ben becoming one with Rey due to the Lion King visuals offered in the marketing. I was even prepared to the possibility that the truth behind the connection is that they were the embodiments of two sides of Ben that had split and I still believe that Ren and Rey can be interpreted as the light side and dark side of any human being.

The only thing that doesn't feel right to me right now is Rey Palpatine because no matter the fact that she takes the Skywalker name to contradict her ancestor's statement, it still feels like he won. Unless she and Ben are able to have Force babies in some way, the Skywalker name is meant to vanish for good once she passes away. Even if they would have kids, what is the garantee that Sidious and Vader's shadow wouldn't come back haunting them? And it's hard for me to imagine that Palpatine wanted so bad his own heir to die in the hand of the last Skywalker so I'm curious to know how they would handle it. Honestly, I have a hard time to believe this is true for now.

What gives me good vibes is that French viewers seem to enjoy the movie so far. But it's funny how everybody focus on different things. Some says it's good because it's very simple and classical, other says it's a lot (too much) to digest, others are deeply moved, some say that it brings balance to the entire franchise to form one single movie, other are not so pleased but say it's still a good watch without bog sparks. It just shows how everybody can find whatever s(he) want to see in this. I undnerstand the disappointment in the Reylo community because it feels like a remake of Anidala as Space Romeo and Juliet but I think I can come to term with that pretty good if well contextualized.

Last edited by reylo1992 on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 17 Dec 2019, 7:04 pm

@special_cases Yeah, I've seen a lot of comments praising the emotion in Rey and Kylo's dynamic in the film. ViewerAnon is a good source but he's also not the most emotionally receptive person from what I've been able to glean just based on reading his comments over the years. He's a cold, hard facts guy and this doesn't sound like a cold, hard facts kind of scene. I'm sure it's cheesy in a very Star Wars way and it's going to work for some and not for others.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 17 Dec 2019, 7:06 pm

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 39 Screen16
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 39 Screen17
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 17 Dec 2019, 7:15 pm

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 39 Screen_Shot_2019-12-17_at_8.11.39_PM
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Tue 17 Dec 2019, 7:15 pm

special_cases wrote:Are we sure that this is not a joke?

😂😂😂

@special_cases

Now we've finally learned the true nature of JJ "f@ck it" Abrams 😂😂😂
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 39 XW1O8v6
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 17 Dec 2019, 7:16 pm

I still can't understand how anyone thought this movie was a good idea. True storytelling seems dead these days. Everything is about spectacle and gotcha moments. Honestly have felt so empty about this. I was watching den of nerds and he started *mocking* reylos for thinking rey and kylo would end up happily ever after. He was like that's just not SW. Well F*** YOU! And honestly f*** all the highers up and cast who have been saying ~it's a fairytale~. Hilarious. It's just straight up cynicism. This new SW isn't for me for sure. NEXT.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by benorganasolo Tue 17 Dec 2019, 7:17 pm

Vieweranon answering questions on Reddit

Q: How was the Han scene? Did they specify if he was a ghost or memory?
A:Ben says he’s just a memory.

It’s a great scene, flipping a lot of dialogue from their TFA confrontation. It ends with Ben crying and saying “Dad...”, then Han with his hand on his face says “I know.”
benorganasolo
benorganasolo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next