Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

+74
lauvamp
TheLastJedi
Blood Moon
Moonlight13
whisperingwillow
loversinthestorm
olyer
12 Parsnips
madeinmn
thescavenger
MindAndMagic
nonesuch
AhsokaTano
nickandnora
Riri
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
MrsWindu
DeeBee
Krafty
Jozie
Rachelmckellar34
guardienne
nana7marie
bruna8728
Kylo Men
Socialnole
LadyHa
MaddieDove
vinventure12
Froggy
Maria26
Teo oswald
Marlow
Atenais
Birdwoman
SanghaRen
ReyloSpanishFan
Let The Past Die
Mila95
Gemlake
giaciak2
Mana
Lovely_Rose
spacebaby45678
Moonjump05
Piper Maru
Saracene
AcrosstheStars
SkyStar
rawpowah
Forsythia
Gemini
cherrylipstick
Lily Snape
SW_Heroine_Journey
Kyla Ren
motherofpearl1
Armadeus
ZioRen
AnneNeville
SheLitAFire
reylo1992
Nyx
Summerbrze8
justyou
snufkin
Geralt_Riv
Cowgirlsamurai
rey09
FrolickingFizzgig
special_cases
Kylo Rey
OrionStars
78 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:02 pm

Skywalkers in ST shows many abilities some consider to be unnatural. I just read new info regarding supposed Leia's involvement in Han's scene. Smile

Edit: I actually start to enjoy the story from leaks.

Last edited by Geralt_Riv on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:03 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:Skywalkers in ST shows many abilities some consider to be unnatural. I just read new info regarding supposed Leia's involvement in Han's scene. Smile
@Geralt_Riv
Yeah, I read that too and was very relieved. It brings more closure to Leia's story and explains certain decisions.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerbrze8 Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:06 pm

@rey09

Completely agree. I would have preferred he live, but with him just disappearing it just seems so unresolved.

What’s funny, is when J.J. said something during an interview about ‘Rey and Kylo being each other’s unresolved business ‘ (idk where exact quote is). Everyone got excited and all I could think of was that’s what people say about ghosts 🙊. I should have listened to my gut giving me a red flag

Summerbrze8
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:09 pm

justyou wrote:
Nyx wrote:So it's confirmed. No Adam at the London premiere. There's a photo of the cast before their flight to London and Adam isn't there.
@Nyx

I saw that.

Adam: Star War? Never heard of it. lol
@justyou

I'm just relieved that he has upcoming projects and what seems will be a long career.

Nyx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:09 pm

Like I've said, been through this before with the Special Editions and the PT and even with not liking them, it was Lucas deciding to go with his own individual weird vision whether you liked it or not. But they literally trashed a 42 year old iconic movie series along with the 20th Century Fox archives because they're rolling out a streaming service and amusement park ride and didn't want to alienate any potential customers. I always said that they could f**K it up bad and how shocked in the best way possible I was about TFA and TLJ getting through the door. But this was obviously a casualty (along with the Fox archives).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:13 pm

Somehow, I tend to believe that Ben is meant to become the embodiment of the Force to some degree. That's how I would reinterpret the line "The Force will be with you, always", as well as the name of the track "The Force is with you". Somehow, Rey becomes the Grey Jedi equally balanced between the Dark and the Light of the Force through Ben.  If not, what was the point to describe Ben as "focal point between the Dark and the Light". I find this promo material interesting:
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 2 Captur92
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 2 Captur93
By the way, that seems to fit the promo materials we got all along:
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 2 Captur96
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 2 Captur97
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 2 5_copi12
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 2 4_copi13
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:18 pm

justyou wrote:
Nyx wrote:So it's confirmed. No Adam at the London premiere. There's a photo of the cast before their flight to London and Adam isn't there.
@Nyx

I saw that.

@justyou

Adam apparently deals with anxiety disorder. Right now, there is some polemic because he walked out from an interview after the host played a clip of Marriage story. I think that it must be hard for him to handle too many interview and/or public appearances, especially with the promotion of 3 movies. And Marriage story is more important for the road to the oscar, which depends heavily on your ability to campaign to get it. In term of performance, he may be the favorite but I hope that the Academy won't give it to another actor because campaign was better handled.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:20 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
justyou wrote:
@Nyx

I saw that.

@justyou

Adam apparently deals with anxiety disorder. Right now, there is some polemic because he walked out from an interview after the host played a clip of Marriage story. I think that it must be hard for him to handle too many interview and/or public appearances, especially with the promotion of 3 movies. And Marriage story is more important for the road to the oscar, which depends heavily on your ability to campaign to get it. In term of performance, he may be the favorite but I hope that the Academy won't give it to another actor because campaign was better handled.
@reylo1992

Oh, I know, and I saw that ridiculous article. I was mostly trying to make a joke b/c I'm still feeling petty.
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:26 pm

justyou wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
justyou wrote:
@Nyx

I saw that.

@justyou

@reylo1992

Oh, I know, and I saw that ridiculous article. I was mostly trying to make a joke b/c I'm still feeling petty.
@justyou

No problem. Just saw the article too. Not surprised that the interviewer went so low. Movie industry is terrible. And if if I have learnt something from 2019 is that they have no problem praising/giving awards to bad movies/actors if they fits their agenda and/or campaign well. Hope Adam will get it in 2020 through because he is a hell of a good actor.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:30 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
justyou wrote:
@Nyx

I saw that.

Adam: Star War?  Never heard of it.  lol  
@justyou

@reylo1992

Yup, it was an interview with Terry Gross who hosts Fresh Air on NPR. I was listening that day she announced that they didn't actually have an interview to air (she didn't say why at the time). She's interviewed him before, in 2015 I think. She asks hard hitting and introspective questions to all her guests (I listen to her pretty regularly). Last time she asked him about why he doesn't like listening to or watching himself. In this interview it had started but then he left during a break without telling them why (or at least, that's Fresh Air's story). He hadn't wanted to listen to himself sing that song in Marriage Story. I guess the staff said he didn't have to, that he could remove the headphones when that aired. Fresh Air regularly plays clips and music, especially right before their breaks (they take a few during their 45 min program), so them doing so in this interview isn't unusual. Nope

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:38 pm

IMO Gross is an a**hole who tries to get into other peoples' business & push their personal boundaries under her goofy NPR lady persona. Richard E. Grant was on and talked about going through therapy and reconciling with his mother after a traumatic childhood. Like very touching and lovely outcome, so Gross starts in on a tirade about "don't you think she's a bad person and mother for what she put you through?" Or W. Kamau Bell was on so she started in on him about being friends and working with Anthony Bourdain and if he has a theory about why Bourdain committed suicide. It was horrifying because it was 2 or so months after Bourdain had passed and Bell was clearly not comfortable out of respect to Bourdain's family with speculating. She's also pulled s**t like being super patronizing to Lizzo about her size/weight (Lizzo wasn't having it) and trying to get Reese Witherspoon to talk about being sexually assaulted (Witherspoon called her out). Gross has had AD on her show before and they respected his wishes back then so there's no excuse to pull it on him now other than they didn't care and now they have a news bite. Good for him walking out on her.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:45 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
justyou wrote:
@Nyx

I saw that.

Adam: Star War?  Never heard of it.  lol  
@justyou

@reylo1992

I think that NPR interview was from about a week back because I remember he was due to appear then the interview was abruptly pulled without explanation. Apparently the reason he’s not attending the London premiere is because he’s sick. I wouldn’t be surprised though if pressure and stress is getting to him due to having to promote three movies at once, one of which is a Star Wars movie and the other that’s he’s running an Oscar campaign for.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:48 pm

What if Ben didn’t disappear into the Force? What if he disappeared into REY?

Then she isn’t alone at the end, the force is united, and I can see why she would choose to be a Skywalker...
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 17 Dec 2019, 9:58 pm

AnneNeville wrote:What if Ben didn’t disappear into the Force? What if he disappeared into REY?

Then she isn’t alone at the end, the force is united, and I can see why she would choose to be a Skywalker...
@AnneNeville
Symbolically that feels like part of the idea here.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:00 pm

Ah that article. The best part is people trying to compare it to John shading TLJ every chance he got in interviews for months like they're even remotely the same situation. Potential anxiety attack vs what is ostensibly just pettiness, hmm. Totally seems the same.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:08 pm

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 2 Opera_15

This is quite harsh. Evan is an editor of "Birth.Death.Movies"

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 2 Opera_14
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:14 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

For sure it fits the symbolism, but it doesn’t sound like the film quite made the leap.

They’d have to show something like a double shadow in the double sunset...
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:32 pm

OrionStars wrote:
rey09 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Lol, Yoda can ignite at tree with fire and Luke can catch a lightsaber and use the Force to lift a ship. Pretty sure Ben Solo's currently nonexistent Force Ghost can will be ready to have fun with Rey Skywalker as soon as he materializes, which he will be because he "became more powerful than we could possibly imagine" and pulled the vanishing into the Force act.
@FrolickingFizzgig

XD XD XD omggg!! You guys are getting me excited now!!!! My only concern is some were saying it was hinted that Finn has a thing for her?
I guess I do a have a reason to follow up comics in a few years.
@rey09

It will be like this

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 2 NdgQbZn
@OrionStars

That is an image that will remain with me to my dying day.

I am neither happy nor upset about that Razz
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:36 pm

Sorry but it's still a cop out..
To end the greatest space fantasy ever on such a depressing note - and at Christmas - has to rank as one of the worst creative decisions ever.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:42 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Sorry but it's still a cop out..
To end the greatest space fantasy ever on such a depressing note - and at Christmas - has to rank as one of the worst creative decisions ever.
@motherofpearl1

I agree 100%.  I was just talking to a Reylo friend of mine a little while ago and he described this trilogy as Skywalker snuff films.  He's right.  They killed them all off.  And for what?  No happy ending, no future Skywalkers, no hope. Sad  Why did they even bother to make this trilogy?
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:49 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Sorry but it's still a cop out..
@motherofpearl1

I agree 100%.  I was just talking to a Reylo friend of mine a little while ago and he described this trilogy as Skywalker snuff films.  He's right.  They killed them all off.  And for what?  No happy ending, no future Skywalkers, no hope. Sad  Why did they even bother to make this trilogy?
@Kyla Ren

Not really, I think Rian did leave an open door and gave Ben a chance to live ("No one's ever really gone"; "Hope is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you can see it, you'll never make it through the night) but JJ chose to kill Kylo for the selfish reason we already knew.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:54 pm

What reason was that?
Sorry major brain fog here.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:58 pm

snufkin wrote:Like I've said, been through this before with the Special Editions and the PT and even with not liking them, it was Lucas deciding to go with his own individual weird vision whether you liked it or not. But they literally trashed a 42 year old iconic movie series along with the 20th Century Fox archives because they're rolling out a streaming service and amusement park ride and didn't want to alienate any potential customers. I always said that they could f**K it up bad and how shocked in the best way possible I was about TFA and TLJ getting through the door. But this was obviously a casualty (along with the Fox archives).
@snufkin

Thank you. As much a I've criticised the PT (in both hyperbole and more level headed discussions), one thing I will give credit to is Lucas' devotion to his vision for it. Those movies weren't made to please fans or critics, he made them for himself. That's a kind of integrity I can at least respect... maybe even admire.

Maybe that's the New Hollywood in him Razz
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 17 Dec 2019, 11:04 pm

I truly believe killing the blood Skywalkers was likely a major story beat they had planned early on (one of the few) and can't be left on the shoulders of anybody but Kathleen Kennedy and the extreme high-ups of LucasFilm. Along with Reylo it was likely the only idea they really had going into this. LF does whatever the heck they feel like on any whim to be honest.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 17 Dec 2019, 11:05 pm

Noticed Adam was the only one not smirking at the LA premiere.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next