Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

+74
lauvamp
TheLastJedi
Blood Moon
Moonlight13
whisperingwillow
loversinthestorm
olyer
12 Parsnips
madeinmn
thescavenger
MindAndMagic
nonesuch
AhsokaTano
nickandnora
Riri
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
MrsWindu
DeeBee
Krafty
Jozie
Rachelmckellar34
guardienne
nana7marie
bruna8728
Kylo Men
Socialnole
LadyHa
MaddieDove
vinventure12
Froggy
Maria26
Teo oswald
Marlow
Atenais
Birdwoman
SanghaRen
ReyloSpanishFan
Let The Past Die
Mila95
Gemlake
giaciak2
Mana
Lovely_Rose
spacebaby45678
Moonjump05
Piper Maru
Saracene
AcrosstheStars
SkyStar
rawpowah
Forsythia
Gemini
cherrylipstick
Lily Snape
SW_Heroine_Journey
Kyla Ren
motherofpearl1
Armadeus
ZioRen
AnneNeville
SheLitAFire
reylo1992
Nyx
Summerbrze8
justyou
snufkin
Geralt_Riv
Cowgirlsamurai
rey09
FrolickingFizzgig
special_cases
Kylo Rey
OrionStars
78 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 40 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Teo oswald Sat 21 Dec 2019, 4:41 pm

finally!!!

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 40 Pua77p4w8y541
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 40 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by AcrosstheStars Sat 21 Dec 2019, 4:57 pm

@Teo oswald

Add it to list of things that should have been spelled out in the film, not left unexplained until interviews for the sake of playing cutesy games to make people think it was about him and Rey.  Rolling Eyes
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 21 Dec 2019, 4:58 pm

special_cases wrote:@nickandnora The track that plays while Rey on Tatooine is called "A New Home". Romain said that it will settle the debate (because a lot of people don't know the title) but people who saw new Terrio interview are implying that "it will be reversed".
@special_cases

Well the fanboys always wanted her to create a new jedi order all by herself AND FINN. How cute.

Idk based on that leak sounds like lucasfilm did want RJ back. It seems RJ is tight the lucasfilm ppl, i remember tweets with pablo? There's various factions, perhaps KK was tied too because of Disney. Like if Iger likes what JJ made, then KK has no voice? Let's face it though, if they kick out KK, they will surely bring a fanboy who will complete the transition of SW to just mindless pew pew nonsense. RIP.

JJ thinks he's hot s***. RJ has humility.

RJ tweeted this. God he must be the angriest out of everyone over this debacle. I hope he's talked to Kelly.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 40 Screen33

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:01 pm

Re: Rose, I always thought that she was going to have a massively reduced role in the Episode IX once it became clear that the trio would be going on the Macguffin hunt. But I really didn’t expect her dynamic with Finn to basically go nowhere in the last film. I like almost nothing about the way her character was used in TLJ, but Rose and Finn’s first scene was actually kinda cute and promising, I remember thinking that JJ would have done their dynamic much better since I think he’s got a natural touch for screwball romance that I don’t think Rian quite has. If you don’t want to spend much time on their romance, fine just make them an established couple like Spock and Uhura. Ehhhhh.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:03 pm

Saracene wrote:I think it’s clear now that bringing back Palpatine and making Rey a Palpatine in the last film of the trilogy is one of the worst decisions in SW ever. Even ignoring the thematic stuff, because these developments are all stuffed in one film it has to spend time on exposition that should have been spent on characters and their relationships. If they were going to do it at all it should have been spread across two films at least. Remember when we all lived in a nice simple world where all Episode IX had to resolve was the Resistance vs First Order and Rey/Kylo dynamic?

I can see why they did this of course, it’s much harder to write a redemption arc when there’s no third wheel character whose pure evil can contrast with the more conflicted antagonist. I really love Rian’s choice to kill off Snoke but I don’t know if he actually had any ideas himself on how to continue the story after that. But surely there could have been better options than zombie!Palpatine? I don’t know, do something with the Knights of Ren, make them force-sensitive and give them a scary psychotic leader, they can conspire with Hux to take Kylo down or something. But nooooo they had to shoehorn in an old villain who has no place in the story they’ve been telling so far.
@Saracene

The KoR are force sensitive. At least in the first comic book of The Rise of Kylo Ren, that just came out, one KoR says it’s part of the requirements to join and has a lightsaber. It’s not clear (yet?) how powerful in the force they are. And in that picture in VF you can see they have lightsabers, but TRoS even retconned that because they are not shown using the force and also do not use lightsabers. I am not super obsessed with canon, but I have the feeling I will get annoyed more and more with the movie when books come out showing they really did not give a sith about a semblance of coherence.

I was also hoping the KoR would be the big bad with Hux. And more stormtroopers would defect under the influence of Finn, who instead runs after Rey like a groupie in TRoS - so rewarding. And there would be some union between the ones in the First Order who are not plain evil and the Resistance to rebuild the Galaxy. So many things were there ready to be expanded on. Just needed to get out of the nostalgia trip and look forward.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by grimbergen Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:15 pm

I just watched the movie. It wasn't as horrible as I thought. I guess having read spoilers and knowing what was going to happen helped.
A disaster Finn. He passes the movie chasing Rey. Many things happen in a short time and you don't have time to digest everything.
The only time I cried was with the death of Kylo. At least I knew it was going to happen but it is something I do not forgive. I left the cinema bitterly for that. They ended up with all the Skywalkers. Crying or Very sad
grimbergen
grimbergen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:15 pm

Rian is absolutely throwing shade at the studio right now, but in the most honourable and innocent and playful way possible. He's following his own messages: don't fight what you hate, save what you love. He is going to be around to hire Kelly again in future roles, and that makes me feel so much better about her situation. This has told me that they've probably talked a lot about what happened and this is his way of telling others he'll be there for her. How wonderful.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:20 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Rian is absolutely throwing shade at the studio right now, but in the most honourable and innocent and playful way possible. He's following his own messages: don't fight what you hate, save what you love. He is going to be around to hire Kelly again in future roles, and that makes me feel so much better about her situation. This has told me that they've probably talked a lot about what happened and this is his way of telling others he'll be there for her. How wonderful.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I'm really desperate for Rian's SW movies now!! I honestly feel he's our only hope. Seems like all we'll get otherwise is fanboy garbage.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:30 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 40 D1d1ca10

Wonder if there’s any truth to this... would make sense to me.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I think KK greenlighted this abomination, everyone and their dogs know KK has been obsessed with the faux trio since 2017.  She definitely would get on board with the idea of killing Kylo to push the faux trio.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:37 pm

That Kelly tweet was respectful shade. Revealed a lot. I thought it was very, very telling that he didn’t tweet anything about TROS (and still hasn’t). No praise, nothing. He’s always been the type to be very supportive and active on social media about these things. He also must be well aware of how hurt the fans must be feeling right now. I could see him working with Kelly again. Bonus if he works with Adam again too. They seemed to get on really well together.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:44 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:That Kelly tweet was respectful shade. Revealed a lot. I thought it was very, very telling that he didn’t tweet anything about TROS (and still hasn’t). No praise, nothing. He’s always been the type to be very supportive and active on social media about these things. He also must be well aware of how hurt the fans must be feeling right now. I could see him working with Kelly again. Bonus if he works with Adam again too. They seemed to get on really well together.
@Kylo Rey

Yeah the shade is clear. And I definitely thought the fact that he wasn't at the premiere or hasn't said anything at all about the movie was very telling. What a mess and for no reason basically. Also its amazing timing,Rian's movie getting praise, doing well at the box office and getting nominated for awards while TROS is a critical disappointment that will most likely earn less than TLJ lol

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:46 pm

nickandnora wrote:@Saracene

I don’t know, do something with the Knights of Ren, make them force-sensitive and give them a scary psychotic leader, they can conspire with Hux to take Kylo down or something.
This is precisely what I think that Rian had in mind, and in fact I would BET on it. Hux was going to be a major factor; he would have found a way to get around Kylo's massive force proclivities and the KoR were the way to do it.

PS. I personally don't have a problem with bringing Palpatine back. There were a lot of ways to do justice to it, even within the script they had (I speculated about a million nuances that would have made it work better, if I do say so myself, lol.) They just had no eye for/patience for details and the editing was bonkers, as it turns out.
@nickandnora

Agreed. A bunch of Reylos theorized this too! A lot about Hux's role expanding, the tension of the First Order learning that Kylo killed Snoke and a potential coup while Kylo is obviously unfulfilled in his new role. Rey having to deal with tension on her end if anyone finds out about her connection with the new Supreme Leader, etc. But that's too hard. That's all new territory, not rehash land where JJ is comfortable.

More to that theory, RJ certainly set up pointed tension between Hux and Kylo as his new learder. Which JJ promptly threw out and even added a new character to push Hux aside even more. I'd also say that the idea of Kylo taking a handful of Luke's students with him after the Temple incident was absolutely supposed to nod toward the Knights of Ren. So in many ways, Rian even set up JJ's own creations for JJ to take them and move them forward. And it turned into nothing.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:55 pm

Mila95 wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:That Kelly tweet was respectful shade. Revealed a lot. I thought it was very, very telling that he didn’t tweet anything about TROS (and still hasn’t). No praise, nothing. He’s always been the type to be very supportive and active on social media about these things. He also must be well aware of how hurt the fans must be feeling right now. I could see him working with Kelly again. Bonus if he works with Adam again too. They seemed to get on really well together.
@Kylo Rey

Yeah the shade is clear. And I definitely thought the fact that he wasn't at the premiere or hasn't said anything at all about the movie was very telling. What a mess and for no reason basically. Also its amazing timing,Rian's movie getting praise, doing well at the box office and getting nominated for awards while TROS is a critical disappointment that will most likely earn less than TLJ lol
@Mila95

Yup. And Adam coming off the heels of giving perhaps the best performance of the year in one of the most critically acclaimed movies of the year with Marriage Story (a movie that has elevated his profile a lot, went viral on social media in spite of the dumb discourse). They are both gonna be a constant fixture of this awards season, so awkward for the rest of them lmao.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:56 pm

Yeah.. I am thinking the behind the scenes leaks are true.. more from the mortis arc

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 40 EMUscDmW4AAc_KI?format=jpg&name=medium

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 40 EMUscDnXkAA_vyY?format=jpg&name=medium
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 21 Dec 2019, 5:58 pm

Idk any of this mortis stuff but for ppl who know, is there a way they could do a mortis movie that could bring Ben back?

@Zioren ugh your avatar...turns out he would have been smiling all the time on his own lol!!

already found this petition lol

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/458/930/652/bring-ben-solo-back-to-life/

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sat 21 Dec 2019, 6:00 pm

Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40