Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GA Reactions and Comments (family, friends)

+23
motherofpearl1
vinventure12
Starliteprism
SheLitAFire
Gemini
cherrylipstick
SW_Heroine_Journey
SanghaRen
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
MaddieDove
SkyStar
nickandnora
unicorn
Piper Maru
Forsythia
spacebaby45678
Riri
reylo1992
Atenais
rey09
12 Parsnips
shii405
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

GA Reactions and Comments (family, friends) - Page 3 Empty Re: GA Reactions and Comments (family, friends)

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 10 Jan 2020, 1:47 pm

unicorn wrote:@reylo1992
That´s the sad thing: everything inside you tells you this CAN´T be the end of this saga, but you´re realizing this IS the end.

@motherofpearl1
It´s a big "maybe" and if ever, a lot of alkohol is needed, also previously. Laughing
Okay where did I put the raspberry gin liqueur?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

GA Reactions and Comments (family, friends) - Page 3 Empty Re: GA Reactions and Comments (family, friends)

Post by unicorn Fri 10 Jan 2020, 2:29 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:

Okay where did I put the raspberry gin liqueur?
@motherofpearl1

lol!  Thumbs up
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 11 Jan 2020, 4:56 pm

I've just found this

WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE

Notice how these angry people seem predominantly female
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SszgJoKWg0c
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sun 12 Jan 2020, 8:32 pm

My Dad: He didn't seem to care much for The Last Jedi when we saw it as he didn't talk much about it when we went to Panera afterwards unlike The Force Awakens which he talked about a lot and loved for Rey. However this time he seemed to really enjoy it. He was very engaging and talkative about it. He had his general that "These are all pretty much the same movie" but the *biggest* was he loved the Reylo scenes and kiss! He seemed to hate Reylo before. So that made me happy! However he also says he wishes Rey would've killed Ben before that. Such a double edged lightsaber. Yet he did seem disappointed we won't get more stories with Rey and Ben!

My bestie: She's very general audience and didn't like The Last Jedi but she enjoyed this one. She can see the flaws and did seem to agree when I pointed stuff out to her that contradicts certain canon and lore. However she generally enjoyed it. She shipped FinnRey. Sooo. She also has plans to re-watch the saga as a whole soon. So I'll have to update when she does.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Mon 13 Jan 2020, 1:19 am

My family are GA, but geeky— we love our Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, and Star Wars. My husband grew up with it like I did (he’d be the right age to be one of those grumpy old fanboys people complain about— but he’s not. My 40-something white guy wants diversity in his Star Wars.). My teenagers love the movies, grew up watching the Clone Wars, and are into The Mandalorian. They had bets with their friends on how it would end (Reylo for the win.). But I’d say the only one writing theories on an online forum is me.

And they all saw it and that was that. Just...meh. With TFA and TLJ we were all seeing them repeatedly, bringing friends and family with us. My sister’s family haven’t even seen TROS yet, and they usually go the first week. None of my family hated it— the Ben Solo thing didn’t hit them like it hit me. They were happy about Reylo, because the two females in the family are Reylos. But they didn’t love the movie. They all just seemed to kind of forget about it.

So there’s one set of GA reactions for you.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 13 Jan 2020, 12:28 pm

So I run a lot of errands around town in my TLJ t-shirts and have had a lot of people ask me if I liked, “the new Star Wars,” and I’ve been completely honest with them, but I feel like no one has been honest in return because their comments are always like, “I liked.... it? I mean, it was a good movie??? But yeah ______ was strange and came out of nowhere, huh?” Are people AFRAID to admit that a Star Wars movie sucked, or what? I don’t care if someone else liked it, but say, “Yeah! It was great! So fun,” instead of “It wasn’t bad...?” Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 13 Jan 2020, 12:46 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:So I run a lot of errands around town in my TLJ t-shirts and have had a lot of people ask me if I liked, “the new Star Wars,” and I’ve been completely honest with them, but I feel like no one has been honest in return because their comments are always like, “I liked.... it? I mean, it was a good movie??? But yeah ______ was strange and came out of nowhere, huh?” Are people AFRAID to admit that a Star Wars movie sucked, or what? I don’t care if someone else liked it, but say, “Yeah! It was great! So fun,” instead of “It wasn’t bad...?” Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

I think it really depends on which aspect of the added-value one focus. I don't think it's a coincidence that my bros and my bestie who didn't like so much the two previous movies came out from the theaters liking this one. As a single movie, it definitely has all the fun ingredients of a good Star Wars. But if one expects a story that ties the entire franchise coherently and in a way that feels like the circle is complete, it's harder to find the movie satisfying. As I expected, my older bro has a more critical view on the movie now that he has processed everything. That's still one of the episodes that I would genuinely enjoy to rewatch as a whole, contrary to episodes like AOTC or ROTJ. I always skip the first 30 minutes of ROTJ

Last edited by reylo1992 on Mon 13 Jan 2020, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 13 Jan 2020, 12:52 pm

Watching clips from TLJ on YouTube....
And I'm actually finding it heartbreaking that this film has such a dire follow up.

The difference in quality of the two films is mind-blowing.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 13 Jan 2020, 1:58 pm

At the end, it’s all about whether one cares about good story telling and character development. And also if one is open to new stories.

I have a colleague who called me last week appalled by TRoS. He actually did not mind the nostalgia of the last shot but was taken aback by the direction taken for the characters. Funnily, he doesn’t remember TLJ that much, but my guess is that he remembers the themes and was baffled by TRoS destroying them. He didn’t care for the romance, but was hoping they would explore more the duality between Ben and Rey and that both would live because you can bank on their duality. I told him about the force pregnancy idea and to my surprise, he was like “why not, it’s SW.”

Another colleague loved TRoS. He thought it was a good ending to the saga. When I told him that he was just one of these nostalgic old fans, he totally owned it. The audience according to him is the old OT fans. And he thought it made sense that Rey was a Palpatine because they needed to explain her power, she cannot just have the power like that. I am not surprised. We sometimes like the same movies - he is a SF fan too - but not for the same reasons. I think the fact that I don’t like TRoS is music to his ears. Progressive SW fan versus conservative SW fan.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 14 Jan 2020, 1:10 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:So I run a lot of errands around town in my TLJ t-shirts and have had a lot of people ask me if I liked, “the new Star Wars,” and I’ve been completely honest with them, but I feel like no one has been honest in return because their comments are always like, “I liked.... it? I mean, it was a good movie??? But yeah ______ was strange and came out of nowhere, huh?” Are people AFRAID to admit that a Star Wars movie sucked, or what? I don’t care if someone else liked it, but say, “Yeah! It was great! So fun,” instead of “It wasn’t bad...?” Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

And I can't believe I purchased a TROS t-shirt to watch the movie. What will I do with this tee now??? XD
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 14 Jan 2020, 2:13 pm

@Atenais

Wear it under sweaters Razz
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 14 Jan 2020, 2:30 pm

Sleep in it😁
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 15 Jan 2020, 6:58 am

@Cowgirlsamurai @motherofpearl1 Thank you, guys. At least it only has Kylo and Rey. XD
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 15 Jan 2020, 10:47 am

My very “General audience” friend who is a Finn and Rose stan just told me that she believes Rey took on the name Skywalker becus she considers Ben to be her husband and basically took Ben’s family name, & considers the Skywalkers to be her family. My other friend also agreed and said “Well if Ben was alive Rey would be a Skywalker through marriage anyway”

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 15 Jan 2020, 11:49 am

Which is why we can't understand why they killed him off instead of doing that....sigh.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3