Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS

+4
motherofpearl1
BenSoloLives
guardienne
shii405
8 posters

Go down

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS Empty Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS

Post by shii405 Tue 24 Dec 2019, 11:14 pm

I read this and I just realized how much Adam is attached with Kylo/Ben's character and really enjoyed playing this role.
(I'm really glad, cos I love Han Solo but I'm sad to know Harrison does not like the character much and wanted him dead since 1980, lol)
To think of it, he is very protective of Kylo Ren character since TFA, he kept saying he does not see him as the villain.

What are his opinions of Kylo/Ben's arc in TROS? Do we get hints and clues of how he feels about it? I have not watched all of his TROS interviews.

How Adam Driver’s angst and brooding intensity made the world fall in love with a ‘Star Wars’ supervillain
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/adam-driver-star-wars-dec-2019-cover-912404/

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS Screen13
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS Empty Re: Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS

Post by guardienne Fri 27 Dec 2019, 2:36 pm

he's a fantastically intense dude. one of my friends wasn't really into him after TFA and over the years i wore her defenses down with a bunch of movies. it's been a really cool journey getting to know him and his body of work.

and i gotta say, i wasn't sold on the cape at all for him in TLJ, but he wore the s*** out of it in TROS.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS Empty Re: Adam Driver as Kylo Ren / Ben Solo in TROS

Post by BenSoloLives Thu 09 Jan 2020, 4:02 pm

guardienne wrote:and i gotta say, i wasn't sold on the cape at all for him in TLJ, but he wore the s*** out of it in TROS.

Have to agree with this. Hated the cape in TLJ, but something about it worked in IX.
Maybe because he was mostly wet with it and so it just hung down his back instead of looking silly with it billowing?
But I could be mis-remembering the movie since it was so bad. tongue

As Ben Solo he had no lines and precious few minutes of screen time and he still stole the whole movie as far as I am concerned.

BenSoloLives
BenSoloLives
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 09 Jan 2020, 5:10 pm

I'd happily watch a dozen movies with Ben Solo.

I couldn't bear to watch another five minutes with the Trio.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Fri 10 Jan 2020, 3:01 am

BenSoloLives wrote:
guardienne wrote:and i gotta say, i wasn't sold on the cape at all for him in TLJ, but he wore the s*** out of it in TROS.

Have to agree with this. Hated the cape in TLJ, but something about it worked in IX.
Maybe because he was mostly wet with it and so it just hung down his back instead of looking silly with it billowing?

@BenSoloLives

i really liked the billowing cape Winks

guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 10 Jan 2020, 3:54 am

So did I.
Rumour has it this film isn't going to be the success they thought it would. That's what you get when creating a"villain" who's more interesting and more sympathetic than the heroes!😁
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Fri 10 Jan 2020, 2:47 pm

BenSoloLives wrote:

As Ben Solo he had no lines and precious few minutes of screen time and he still stole the whole movie as far as I am concerned.

@BenSoloLives

I have to agree. Ben Solo was amazing, I really wished they had put time and effort to tell his story.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 10 Jan 2020, 3:05 pm

They just can't accept that he's was the best thing in the trilogy.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by olyer Sun 19 Jan 2020, 2:17 pm

I was reading some meta about TROS and the ST and I came across http://fangirlblog.com/2020/01/the-fates-of-kylo-ren-and-ben-solo-the-failures-of-the-rise-of-skywalker-part-3/ and found this, which I don't remember seeing discussed here (if I'm wrong, I'm happy to delete this).

“The thing that J.J. said to me when we first met – first meeting, the first time – was that I imagine a journey of a character where it’s almost the opposite – just isolating the Original Trilogy – the opposite of Vader. Vader starts the most confident, the most experienced, and over the course of three films is chipped away until he’s his most vulnerable. And [J.J.] had the idea of starting someone at that place and doing almost the exact opposite. (At the start of the third movie; I didn’t know at that point how the third movie ended.) Someone who starts the most vulnerable, and the most susceptible, and gradually becomes more and more hardened with the experience he’s had – gets deeper and deeper into the dark side.”

Am I alone in thinking... WTF?
olyer
olyer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 19 Jan 2020, 2:48 pm

Whatever Adam's saying here it doesn't necessarily mean he agreed with what JJ had planned - he didn't write the script. But it does hint that what we thought, that Ben Solo was always meant to die and die unredeemed - is true. Because this was LF/Disney's intent. Rian, I suspected, took it along a different path.

And this just makes me all the more angry with LF/Disney. Not content with wiping out the entire Skywalker Solo family, they wanted their last heir to be the bad guy.

They seemed to have bought this franchise with the sole aim of ruining it.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 19 Jan 2020, 10:54 pm

olyer wrote:I was reading some meta about TROS and the ST and I came across http://fangirlblog.com/2020/01/the-fates-of-kylo-ren-and-ben-solo-the-failures-of-the-rise-of-skywalker-part-3/ and found this, which I don't remember seeing discussed here (if I'm wrong, I'm happy to delete this).

“The thing that J.J. said to me when we first met – first meeting, the first time – was that I imagine a journey of a character where it’s almost the opposite – just isolating the Original Trilogy – the opposite of Vader. Vader starts the most confident, the most experienced, and over the course of three films is chipped away until he’s his most vulnerable. And [J.J.] had the idea of starting someone at that place and doing almost the exact opposite. (At the start of the third movie; I didn’t know at that point how the third movie ended.) Someone who starts the most vulnerable, and the most susceptible, and gradually becomes more and more hardened with the experience he’s had – gets deeper and deeper into the dark side.”

Am I alone in thinking... WTF?
@olyer

Ummm... I'm not sure how to break this to Abrams and team, but... we were already given that story... in the prequels...

And can't just 'isolate the Original Trilogy'... it was a six chapter saga. You have to craft the conclusion based on story beats that go back to Episode I regardless of what you feel about the PT's quality. That's the responsibility you assumed when you agreed to write the ST.

How much are these people being paid?
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 20 Jan 2020, 12:44 am

Eyeroll, Fangirl whatever that site is are EU Big Name Fans who're almost pathological in their dislike of both the character and Rian Johnson to the point of complaining frequently on Twitter that they were more qualified than him to write/direct ST films. The fact that they went to the lengths of writing this essay when the ST is almost said and done is equal parts hilarious and disturbing. Yeah, I'm sure that actor doesn't know about his character as much as the people who've spent half a decade making a "I need to talk to the manager" scene that the ST wasn't their EU fanfic.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by olyer Mon 20 Jan 2020, 9:34 am

@snufkin
I wasn't pointing to Fangirl-whatever so much as I was the idea that AD was told by JJ that it would be a villain's journey, because 1. done before in PT and 2. that's not what I was watching in TFA, much less in TLJ. Plus, the turn to dark is only interesting when it's Good to Bad, not Mostly Bad to All Bad.
olyer
olyer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 20 Jan 2020, 11:47 am

@olyer Oh but they're a known entity at this point, how deeply pathological (it'd be funny if it wasn't disturbing) their dislike of that specific character and actor by proxy are because they feel entitled to the ST being EU fanfiction.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 20 Jan 2020, 1:34 pm

They have resurrected the old Jedi pure goodness, anyone else....not human. No, pure eeeeevil.
They haven't just retconned TLJ they've ignored the prequels, because George Lucas presented them as less than perfect back then.
It's why their heroine has chosen the path of a virtuous nun because falling in love is the path to the Dark Side.

I'm sorry but this is not a good message for children.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down