Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan fiction that is better than the ending of TRoS?

+3
Lily Snape
special_cases
Ramblingrose
7 posters

Go down

Fan fiction that is better than the ending of TRoS? Empty Fan fiction that is better than the ending of TRoS?

Post by Ramblingrose Fri 27 Dec 2019, 2:22 pm

Is this the right place to ask for recommendations?

I need another story than JJ Abrams gave us. I have read some short "End fix" stories on AO3, but they are feeling too short and not "fleshed out".

I hope for a multichapter story that uses the best parts of TRoS and has a better plot... a long story, and who continues with our heroes after the kiss.

Angst, fluff, slow burn.... I like all that is well written and makes sense. Some sexy time too, but that should not be the main part.
Ramblingrose
Ramblingrose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Fan fiction that is better than the ending of TRoS? Empty Re: Fan fiction that is better than the ending of TRoS?

Post by special_cases Fri 27 Dec 2019, 10:01 pm

@Ramblingrose

I have a suggestion for you and everybody who wants to read complete story, but it's very unusual fix-it. It's very well written so if you trust a strong storytelling, give a shot. The link is not a mistake, you need to read it to understand.

Shade on a Sunny Street

https://archiveofourown.org/works/21708241/chapters/51779455

Also I can suggest one story for all who are looking for fix-it but are not very invested to see concrete parts of TROS. There is one story that was started post-TLJ and while I was watching TROS, I remembered that story even if most plotpoints are not matched. It just has this vibe, like you're reading real post-TLJ story that could have happened but very original and its own thing. I know I will sound crazy but I wouldn't be surprised if Terrio and JJ read it. It doesn't matter if they really read it - and the plot is mainly different - but it has this vibe and some thematical details that very familiar. Gothic scary elements, Sith spirits, then Sith in flesh etc. Hard to explain.

Free to Fall

https://archiveofourown.org/works/13323165/chapters/30493680
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Fan fiction that is better than the ending of TRoS? Empty Re: Fan fiction that is better than the ending of TRoS?

Post by Lily Snape Sat 28 Dec 2019, 1:02 am

Ramblingrose wrote:Is this the right place to ask for recommendations?

I need another story than JJ Abrams gave us. I have read some short "End fix" stories on AO3, but they are feeling too short and not "fleshed out".

I hope for a multichapter story that uses the best parts of TRoS and has a better plot... a long story, and who continues with our heroes after the kiss.

Angst, fluff, slow burn.... I like all that is well written and makes sense. Some sexy time too, but that should not be the main part.
@Ramblingrose

Might I add— I’d love to see fics with good grammar and spelling, Ben who sounds like our Ben and not stuffy like Grand Moff Tarkin or like Kylo of the long, pompous speeches in the horrible TFA novel, and minimal usage of Star Wars fanfic slang that you rarely if ever hear in the films like “caf,” “fresher,” “kriffing,” or exclamations of “Stars!” or “Force!” But that’s just me. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 29 Dec 2019, 1:45 am

Through the sorrow, all through our splendor by Ever-so-reylo (Ever_So_Reylo)

“Do you remember when I killed you?”

“Yes.” He is almost smiling. Not quite. “Do you remember when you yanked me back to life?"

https://archiveofourown.org/works/21994312/chapters/52485322#workskin
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 01 Jan 2020, 6:46 pm

Well, you could always read my Episode IX script I wrote after seeing TLJ.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YNqhdZFs0wLGPbkQgCOI62Jsw1-PfR7HbK4uFRz2x5s/edit?usp=sharing
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 18 Jan 2020, 1:01 am

Not exactly a fix it but some years back I read a fanfic called Born in the Purple, by loveyournightmare. It featured Rey Palpatine, and it actually worked, but the story was set in an au where the Emperor had not been defeated and the Empire - and Vader - still lived.

Unfortunately it was to dark and edgy for some tastes, and she deleted her Tumblr and AoA account because of flak she received, which was a great
shame because I would have loved to see how it ended!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 Sat 18 Jan 2020, 1:24 am

@motherofpearl1 I remember loveyournightmare! Her fic was amazing!
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sun 19 Jan 2020, 3:23 pm

rushlight by orange_crushed

https://archiveofourown.org/works/21974857/chapters/52436974

she's a fantastic writer.

Rey tries to join in, but finds herself too drained to keep up. Instead she stares out of the shuttle window at the skyline, watches the descending sun fall behind the glittering black towers that go on and on and on. Studies her own unsmiling face in the glass.

This is exactly the kind of moment, she thinks, that would have connected us.

also my forever favourite:

the sun, the moon and the star inbetween.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/5963680?view_full_work=true
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 19 Jan 2020, 3:29 pm

I write fantiction but I'd never put it on any of the websites - it's not good enough!

But it's amazing therapy when a film or book you love has a disappointing ending.
Regarding published stories.... there are some very fine writers out there. A darn site better than some so called professionals.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down