Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100 unanswered questions about star wars the rise of Skywalker

+2
reylo1992
Teo oswald
6 posters

Go down

100 unanswered questions about star wars the rise of Skywalker Empty 100 unanswered questions about star wars the rise of Skywalker

Post by Teo oswald Fri 03 Jan 2020, 9:01 am

in this new topic I came here to ask you 100 unanswered questions about star wars the rise of skywalker.
there are rules to follow. First of all, we must not propose theories or hypotheses or speculations, I want answers based on the nine episodes on the film saga, let's also put the Spin-off Rogue one and Solo.

I want clear answers, things that have been said, spelled out in the movies, not fancy flights, answers found in the movies. secondly, the expanded universe must be banned. why? because it is an expanded universe and is used to expand the base material contained in the films, it is not useful for making explanations. from episode 1 to episode 6 the plot can be followed by watching only the films, this does not seem the case of episode 9. so no to the expanded universe, because I again demand that the answers are provided by the films, because when I pay for to see a movie in the cinema, I expect the plot to be understandable for me, poor idiot that I paid for the aforementioned ticket to see the movie in the cinema.
now that I have finished my personal release, let's move on to the questions:

1) Why didn't Palpatine reveal himself directly at the beginning of episode 7, subduing the galaxy with the super star destroyer in one instant, without giving any warnings?

2) why didn't he show up to Kylo from the start?

3) what conceptual difference is there for kylo Ren in being trained by Snoke or Palpatine? indeed, perhaps, perhaps to be trained by Palpatine, Vader's teacher, he would also have liked. So why did Palpatine hide behind Snoke's appearance?

4) Why doesn't Anakin in the clone attack heal his mother using Force?

5) Why Anakin in the revenge of the Sith
do you worry about Padme's potential death, when using force could he cure her, try to save her, even bring her to life?

6) Why does Palpatine (always in the revenge of the Sith) speak of the return from death as a unique prerogative of the Sith, when the Jedi at least have a power that can heal people wounded to death?

7) How did he (Palpatine) return to life, considering that in the finale of the return of the Jedi, he fell into the reactor of the second Deth Star which then exploded?

Cool If Palpatine has come back to life, what is the sense of the prophecy of the chosen one?

9) What was the sacrifice of Anakin / Darth Vader worth?

10) What balance has been brought back by your actions?

11) (now I go down heavy) Palpatine has been defeated by another Palpatine, in all this, what does the Skywalker family matter?

12) In the economy of the galaxy, what have the actions of the Skywalkers been used for?

13) In the rise of Sywalker, we find the first order, in absolute control of the galaxy, they rake planets, they even have tokens or coins that they use as lets pass, the resistance is reduced to a small group of elements, and in the end it is underlined that the fleet of vouchers that comes to the rescue is made up of civilians. in this scenario, what more did Palpatine want?

14) Because Palpatine begins to destroy the planets with the Star destroyers, the first order was already in power. What was left for him to do?

15) How can the groove of the dagger, which serves to find the "Sith Wayfinder", coincide with the ruins of the second Death Star? we are not in a goonies movie.

16) Did they make this dagger the day before yesterday?

17) and if they forged it the day before yesterday, for whom was it forged? with what purpose?

18) If Luke, Leia and Lando, when they were aware of Palpatine's possible survival, why didn't they ever tell anyone about it?

19) Why then did Luke not care, going into exile?

20) Why did Leia and Lando do not care, well aware after the arrival of the first order that the threat was genuine?

21) Why does Kylo Ren think it's an excellent provocation for Rey, throwing himself at her with his Tie with the precise intention of killing her?

22) Why does Palpatine continually change the plans he has for Rey? first he wants to kill her, orders him to kylo countless times, arrives on Exegol and tells her to kill him, so he will enter his body, Rey does not want to kill him and then Palpatine thinks of killing Kylo and Rey but at that point he realizes that by absorbing the energy who is in them, he can return to a splendid form, and then he absorbs their energy and throws lightning. Explain to me WHAT THE f**** WANTED TO DO PALPATINE?

23) Why Palpatine did not move into his son's body. Why the niece yes,
and the son is not?

24) What is the Force dyad?

25) Where does it come from?

26) the bond between Rey and kylo it had been created by Snoke, and if Snoke was Palpatine, he didn't work for him, Why does Palptine be surprised, amazed, when he discovers the dyad?

27) when, where and why did chewbecca get on another convoy?

28) What was the purpose of the convoy destroyed by Rey?
29) Who is General Pryde?

30) is he a spy? a mole of Palpatine?

31) if yes why? for what purpose? as Palpatine reveals his plans directly to Kylo Ren.
32) How long had the troops, the crew of star destroyers, emerged from the ice, been waiting for the emperor's call?
33) what have they done for 30 years?

34) who are they?

35) how did they end there?

36) Why is Poe told that his lack of confidence is his fault if no one comes to help the resistance, when at the end of the last Jedi, nobody actually arrived?

37) Why can't Kylo ren perceive Rey who is on the ship?

38) Why is it enough for Rey's mother to say "she is not on Jakku" to stop researching the emperor who will never go looking for Rey on that planet again?

39) Why Rey, who has healing powers
Doesn't Poe care ,that he stays with the injured arm throughout the film?

40) How is it possible that the weak point of the newest star destroyers is precisely their strong point, that is the cannon? here first the star destroyers go down the drain and the antenna is destroyed, then they go down the drain if the flagship explodes and to make matters worse there are x wings that shoot at the cannons of the star destroyers and explode everything. Fortunately in Rogue one made us understand the weakness of the Death Star.

41) how could a group of civilians come to the rescue at the end of the film?

42) what happened to the government?

43) Was it really enough to detonate several planets (I don't remember how many sorry) in episode 7, to erase the Republic?

44) in 30 years the new Republic has not built bases on new planets or military detachments? the first order managed to do more things in 1 year than the Republic in 30 years

45) Why does Zorri the woman who knows Poe, in 30 seconds go from pointing a gun to his temple wanting to see his brain on the snow, to become a dear person who helps our heroes without asking questions?

46) How did Zorri abandon the planet she was on if she handed over the only coin token that would have allowed her to leave the planet to Poe?

47) Why does the regenerated emperor wear a flannel sweater?

48) Because Rey returning to Tatooine at the end of the film, she finds the Skywalker farm intact when we know very well that it was destroyed by stormtrupper in episode 4.

49) Is it really enough for Kylo Ren to hear the mother's voice calling him and the dialogue with the father to return to the light?

50) Why has Leia not done it before? when the two were closer in previous surroundings and therefore she would not have died from the effort.

51) What exactly is Han Solo interacting with Kylo ren? He is not a ghost of the force because han is not a Jedi. It is said to be a memory. ok

52) Since when in the star wars saga, are the memories interactive?

53) Since when are characters allowed to interact with dead people through memories?

54) and if all the dialogue we see is the result of Kylo's imagination, does the father's forgiveness in the scene we see have the same impact? does it have the same sense of existence?

55) Why didn't Luke bring out his X wings from the waters in the last Jedi, going to help endurance instead of dying alone on the island?
56) Why does Luke in the last jedi tell Kylo that they would see each other, when in the end in episode 9 the two never interacted?
57) Why at the end of the film after the destruction of the fleet of the empire, do they all celebrate as if the galaxy was safe, when the first order is still alive and completely intact?

58) Who is Palpatine's son?

59) How did you conceive it?

60) With whom did you conceive it?
61) in which period of time?
62) who are Ren's knights?

63) what are they used for?

64) why did they wait for three films to show them and then treat them like this? it's like seeing the night king dying like a lot of s***.
65) Why does Palpatine announce to the whole galaxy thus allowing the resistance to organize itself?

66) why everyone seems to know what the sith are, when the whole galaxy forgot about the jedi and in the force awakens, everything was considered as legends?

67) the moment kylo Ren becomes good he is still the supreme leader of the first order, why don't he gather a contingent to attack Palaptine's base?

68) why doesn't he organize himself with his allies? that in the end we find lined up on the side of Palaptine .... because it was so
69) Why didn't Anakin appear as a ghost of the force in front of kylo Ren telling him that he was doing everything wrong?

70) Why has LUke never been able to find the Sith Wayfinders compared to kylo Ren?

71) If after 30 years from the old trilogy has it come to the point of creating star destroyers that can destroy planets, what is the uniqueness of the death star?
death star who needed kyber crystals looted across the galaxy, we saw it in Rogue one.
72) what are the new lasers powered by?

73) why the lightsaber of the Skywalker call Rey showing her images related to the skywalker family if she is Palpatine's granddaughter?

74) What happened to the romantic relationship between Finn and Rose?

75) Why Rey when using lightning on the transport
she blows it up, while when Palpatine uses it on all the ships that are compacting does it just turn it off?
76) How did Kylo take a TIE through hyperspace?

77) What will happen to kylo Ren's sword?

78) when will we hear Maz's story about the lightsaber?

79) Did Leia's scenes make sense?

80) Was Ben's death forced?

81) Why did Rey and not Ben hear the various Jedi voices?

82) Why does Rey tell Leia that she is not worthy of Luke's lightsaber and after 2 minutes she is worthy of it?
83) Will Rey live on Tatooine alone?

84) What happened to Poe and Finn and the others?

85) Why Leia didn't immediately disappear like Obi, Yoda, Luke.
86) Is Ben Solo a ghost of the force?

87) Why didn't Rey rehabilitate the Palpatine surname? her parents sacrificed themselves to save her ...

88) what did Finn mean to Rey? we know what he wanted to tell her because they told us at the end of the film in a separate session, but this does not count because the answers must be inserted inside the film and not outside. If I didn't look at reddit I would never have found out.

89) Why does Rey have a yellow lightsaber at the end of the film?

90) If Snoke was Palpatine why did he found the first order if he already had an imperial fleet of star destroyers?

91) Was Leia a Jedi? the phrase: "they say it in some novels or books" pisses me off. to me in novels they can say anything they want. in the expanded universe, the universe must expand, it must not tell fundamental things without which I do not understand the adaptation of history because otherwise it becomes like Halo.

92) Does Anakin's phrase make sense? "Rey brings balance back like I did." the balance was not reported. Palpatiine has always been there. it never went away. He had been planning for years ...

93) What did the skywalkers serve?

94) If Leia and Luke knew that Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter, why didn't they tell her?

95) Why Lando, Luke and Leia didn't they say to the resistance of the emperor and the imperial fleet?
96) If Leia was a Jedi, why didn't she teach rey in episode 8?

97) Why don't we see some scenes from the trailer in the film?

98) Is the lightning power a Sith power or a Palpatine power?

99) If it is a Sith power, it will take special training. Where did Rey learn about it?
100) If instead the power of lightning is a power of Palpatine, does Rey therefore have an innate ability?

If you have others you can post them. I have some answers to these questions. If you have all the answers, please create a new post to explain Smile

As a movie lover the rise ok Skywalker has entertained me, but as a Star Wars fan, this final chapter has disappointed me enormously in its entirety, not just for Reylo.

if Reylo hadn't been there I would have criticized this episode anyway. This last chapter destroys the whole saga for my opinion. I'm not blaming any director in particular. Each of them made mistakes.
This trilogy was not to be done as they did it.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

100 unanswered questions about star wars the rise of Skywalker Empty Re: 100 unanswered questions about star wars the rise of Skywalker

Post by reylo1992 Fri 03 Jan 2020, 10:05 am

Teo oswald wrote:in this new topic I came here to ask you 100 unanswered questions about star wars the rise of skywalker.
there are rules to follow. First of all, we must not propose theories or hypotheses or speculations, I want answers based on the nine episodes on the film saga, let's also put the Spin-off Rogue one and Solo.

I want clear answers, things that have been said, spelled out in the movies, not fancy flights, answers found in the movies. secondly, the expanded universe must be banned. why? because it is an expanded universe and is used to expand the base material contained in the films, it is not useful for making explanations. from episode 1 to episode 6 the plot can be followed by watching only the films, this does not seem the case of episode 9. so no to the expanded universe, because I again demand that the answers are provided by the films, because when I pay for to see a movie in the cinema, I expect the plot to be understandable for me, poor idiot that I paid for the aforementioned ticket to see the movie in the cinema.

1) Why didn't Palpatine reveal himself directly at the beginning of episode 7, subduing the galaxy with the super star destroyer in one instant, without giving any warnings?

2) why didn't he show up to Kylo from the start?

3) what conceptual difference is there for kylo Ren in being trained by Snoke or Palpatine? indeed, perhaps, perhaps to be trained by Palpatine, Vader's teacher, he would also have liked. So why did Palpatine hide behind Snoke's appearance?

4) Why doesn't Anakin in the clone attack heal his mother using Force?

do you worry about Padme's potential death, when using force could he cure her, try to save her, even bring her to life?

6) Why does Palpatine (always in the revenge of the Sith) speak of the return from death as a unique prerogative of the Sith, when the Jedi at least have a power that can heal people wounded to death?

7) How did he (Palpatine) return to life, considering that in the finale of the return of the Jedi, he fell into the reactor of the second Deth Star which then exploded?

Cool If Palpatine has come back to life, what is the sense of the prophecy of the chosen one?

11) (now I go down heavy) Palpatine has been defeated by another Palpatine, in all this, what does the Skywalker family matter?

12) In the economy of the galaxy, what have the actions of the Skywalkers been used for?

13) In the rise of Sywalker, we find the first order, in absolute control of the galaxy, they rake planets, they even have tokens or coins that they use as lets pass, the resistance is reduced to a small group of elements, and in the end it is underlined that the fleet of vouchers that comes to the rescue is made up of civilians. in this scenario, what more did Palpatine want?

14) Because Palpatine begins to destroy the planets with the Star destroyers, the first order was already in power. What was left for him to do?

15) How can the groove of the dagger, which serves to find the "Sith Wayfinder", coincide with the ruins of the second Death Star? we are not in a goonies movie.

16) Did they make this dagger the day before yesterday?

17) and if they forged it the day before yesterday, for whom was it forged? with what purpose?

18) If Luke, Leia and Lando, when they were aware of Palpatine's possible survival, why didn't they ever tell anyone about it?

19) Why then did Luke not care, going into exile?

20) Why did Leia and Lando do not care, well aware after the arrival of the first order that the threat was genuine?

21) Why does Kylo Ren think it's an excellent provocation for Rey, throwing himself at her with his Tie with the precise intention of killing her?

22) Why does Palpatine continually change the plans he has for Rey? first he wants to kill her, orders him to kylo countless times, arrives on Exegol and tells her to kill him, so he will enter his body, Rey does not want to kill him and then Palpatine thinks of killing Kylo and Rey but at that point he realizes that by absorbing the energy who is in them, he can return to a splendid form, and then he absorbs their energy and throws lightning. Explain to me WHAT THE f**** WANTED TO DO PALPATINE?

23) Why Palpatine did not move into his son's body. Why the niece yes,
and the son is not?

24) What is the Force dyad?

25) Where does it come from?

26) the bond between Rey and kylo it had been created by Snoke, and if Snoke was Palpatine, he didn't work for him, Why does Palptine be surprised, amazed, when he discovers the dyad?

27) when, where and why did chewbecca get on another convoy?

28) What was the purpose of the convoy destroyed by Rey?
29) Who is General Pryde?

30) is he a spy? a mole of Palpatine?

31) if yes why? for what purpose? as Palpatine reveals his plans directly to Kylo Ren.
32) How long had the troops, the crew of star destroyers, emerged from the ice, been waiting for the emperor's call?
33) what have they done for 30 years?

34) who are they?

35) how did they end there?

36) Why is Poe told that his lack of confidence is his fault if no one comes to help the resistance, when at the end of the last Jedi, nobody actually arrived?

37) Why can't Kylo ren perceive Rey who is on the ship?

38) Why is it enough for Rey's mother to say "she is not on Jakku" to stop researching the emperor who will never go looking for Rey on that planet again?

39) Why Rey, who has healing powers
Doesn't Poe care ,that he stays with the injured arm throughout the film?

40) How is it possible that the weak point of the newest star destroyers is precisely their strong point, that is the cannon? here first the star destroyers go down the drain and the antenna is destroyed, then they go down the drain if the flagship explodes and to make matters worse there are x wings that shoot at the cannons of the star destroyers and explode everything. Fortunately in Rogue one made us understand the weakness of the Death Star.

41) how could a group of civilians come to the rescue at the end of the film?

42) what happened to the government?

43) Was it really enough to detonate several planets (I don't remember how many sorry) in episode 7, to erase the Republic?

44) in 30 years the new Republic has not built bases on new planets or military detachments? the first order managed to do more things in 1 year than the Republic in 30 years

45) Why does Zorri the woman who knows Poe, in 30 seconds go from pointing a gun to his temple wanting to see his brain on the snow, to become a dear person who helps our heroes without asking questions?

46) How did Zorri abandon the planet she was on if she handed over the only coin token that would have allowed her to leave the planet to Poe?

47) Why does the regenerated emperor wear a flannel sweater?

48) Because Rey returning to Tatooine at the end of the film, she finds the Skywalker farm intact when we know very well that it was destroyed by stormtrupper in episode 4.

49) Is it really enough for Kylo Ren to hear the mother's voice calling him and the dialogue with the father to return to the light?

50) Why has Leia not done it before? when the two were closer in previous surroundings and therefore she would not have died from the effort.

51) What exactly is Han Solo interacting with Kylo ren? He is not a ghost of the force because han is not a Jedi. It is said to be a memory. ok

52) Since when in the star wars saga, are the memories interactive?

53) Since when are characters allowed to interact with dead people through memories?

54) and if all the dialogue we see is the result of Kylo's imagination, does the father's forgiveness in the scene we see have the same impact? does it have the same sense of existence?

55) Why didn't Luke bring out his X wings from the waters in the last Jedi, going to help endurance instead of dying alone on the island?
56) Why does Luke in the last jedi tell Kylo that they would see each other, when in the end in episode 9 the two never interacted?
57) Why at the end of the film after the destruction of the fleet of the empire, do they all celebrate as if the galaxy was safe, when the first order is still alive and completely intact?

58) Who is Palpatine's son?

59) How did you conceive it?

60) With whom did you conceive it?
61) in which period of time?
62) who are Ren's knights?

63) what are they used for?

64) why did they wait for three films to show them and then treat them like this? it's like seeing the night king dying like a lot of s***.
65) Why does Palpatine announce to the whole galaxy thus allowing the resistance to organize itself?

66) why everyone seems to know what the sith are, when the whole galaxy forgot about the jedi and in the force awakens, everything was considered as legends?

67) the moment kylo Ren becomes good he is still the supreme leader of the first order, why don't he gather a contingent to attack Palaptine's base?

68) why doesn't he organize himself with his allies? that in the end we find lined up on the side of Palaptine .... because it was so
69) Why didn't Anakin appear as a ghost of the force in front of kylo Ren telling him that he was doing everything wrong?

70) Why has LUke never been able to find the Sith Wayfinders compared to kylo Ren?

71) If after 30 years from the old trilogy has it come to the point of creating star destroyers that can destroy planets, what is the uniqueness of the death star?
death star who needed kyber crystals looted across the galaxy, we saw it in Rogue one.
72) what are the new lasers powered by?

73) why the lightsaber of the Skywalker call Rey showing her images related to the skywalker family if she is Palpatine's granddaughter?

74) What happened to the romantic relationship between Finn and Rose?

75) Why Rey when using lightning on the transport
she blows it up, while when Palpatine uses it on all the ships that are compacting does it just turn it off?
76) How did Kylo take a TIE through hyperspace?

77) What will happen to kylo Ren's sword?

78) when will we hear Maz's story about the lightsaber?

79) Did Leia's scenes make sense?

80) Was Ben's death forced?

82) Why does Rey tell Leia that she is not worthy of Luke's lightsaber and after 2 minutes she is worthy of it?
83) Will Rey live on Tatooine alone?

84) What happened to Poe and Finn and the others?

87) Why didn't Rey rehabilitate the Palpatine surname? her parents sacrificed themselves to save her ...

88) what did Finn mean to Rey? we know what he wanted to tell her because they told us at the end of the film in a separate session, but this does not count because the answers must be inserted inside the film and not outside. If I didn't look at reddit I would never have found out.

89) Why does Rey have a yellow lightsaber at the end of the film?

90) If Snoke was Palpatine why did he found the first order if he already had an imperial fleet of star destroyers?

91) Was Leia a Jedi? the phrase: "they say it in some novels or books" pisses me off. to me in novels they can say anything they want. in the expanded universe, the universe must expand, it must not tell fundamental things without which I do not understand the adaptation of history because otherwise it becomes like Halo.

92) Does Anakin's phrase make sense? "Rey brings balance back like I did." the balance was not reported. Palpatiine has always been there. it never went away. He had been planning for years ...

94) If Leia and Luke knew that Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter, why didn't they tell her?

95) Why Lando, Luke and Leia didn't they say to the resistance of the emperor and the imperial fleet?
96) If Leia was a Jedi, why didn't she teach rey in episode 8?

97) Why don't we see some scenes from the trailer in the film?

98) Is the lightning power a Sith power or a Palpatine power?

99) If it is a Sith power, it will take special training. Where did Rey learn about it?
100) If instead the power of lightning is a power of Palpatine, does Rey therefore have an innate ability?

If you have others you can post them. I have some answers to these questions. If you have all the answers, please create a new post to explain Smile

As a movie lover the rise ok Skywalker has entertained me, but as a Star Wars fan, this final chapter has disappointed me enormously in its entirety, not just for Reylo.

if Reylo hadn't been there I would have criticized this episode anyway. This last chapter destroys the whole saga for my opinion. I'm not blaming any director in particular. Each of them made mistakes.
@Teo oswald

I think this analysis on the importance of the Skywalkers in the saga is the one that makes the most sense to answer to the bolded questions:
https://www.shortstormtrooperreviews.com/2019/12/anakin-skywalkers-story-was-not.html

Even if Palpatine had to be destroyed, I think this person is right to point out that Skywalkers weren't the Chosen family because they were meant to destroy the Sith the traditional way of the Jedi but because they are the ones who brought the Jedi to a refined understanding of the Force. As for Obi-Wan and Anakin not using Force healing to save Qui-Gon and Padme, I think it's a question of level of knowledge about the Force passing from generations to generations, each generation going a little step further than the previous ones. It's the same idea with scientific knowledge in any discipline: the state of knowledge is constantly evolving when a researcher compiles all previous knowledge brought by previous researchers on his topic and goes a little step further to bring new knowledge to his discipline. Thus, he brought a new step to the knowledge of the Force and passed it to Obi-Wan and Yod. Both learned through how to make one with the Force from death and goes a step further by coming back as Force ghost. This knowledgea little step further by learning how to heal hurt people, which is something that she indirectly teaches to Ben. And finally Ben goes a step further, which is to bring someone dead to life. Maybe that the next step will be Rey being able to bring people back to life while being able to maintain herself alive?

As for the Prophecy of the Chosen One, I think that Rose's quote from TLJ sums up perfectly why it was important to bring a new understanding of the Force and what selfless/compassionate love really is: "This is how we're gonna win the war, not by killing what we hate but by savong what we love". Qui-Gon was the first to find the path to immortality by indirectly communicating with Anakin and then directly with Yoda. It makes sense that he was the Jedi who paved the way for a new understanding of the Force because he is the one who believed in Anakin above all when the Jedi - including Obi-Wan - didn't. Anakin wasn't the Chosen One only because he was meant to find a way to destroy the Sith but because his trajectory meant to have the Jedi question their understanding of the Force and who they consider worthy to bring Balance. Had Anakin not trigered this evolution of the state of knowledge and new understanding of the Force, Rey would never had been able decades later to reach out to the all the Jedi of the Past and got help from them to beat Palpatine. What made Anakin special beyond his high midichlorian count is that he was a very bright, helpful and compassionate little boy who got shattered by both the manipulation of the Sith and the Jedi understanding of the Force. By the way, there is this idea that the menace still can come back in one way or another in the future: A Skywalker was the first to bring back Balance, a Palpatine is the second one and maybe the next one will be a random person because the Force is meant to become more including in the future. TROS should have been clearer about that through providing that this person interpreted well the message conveyed by the saga

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

100 unanswered questions about star wars the rise of Skywalker Empty Re: 100 unanswered questions about star wars the rise of Skywalker

Post by reylo1992 Fri 03 Jan 2020, 10:09 am

Teo oswald wrote:in this new topic I came here to ask you 100 unanswered questions about star wars the rise of skywalker.

12) In the economy of the galaxy, what have the actions of the Skywalkers been used for?[/b

[b]73) why the lightsaber of the Skywalker call Rey showing her images related to the skywalker family if she is Palpatine's granddaughter?

If you have others you can post them. I have some answers to these questions. If you have all the answers, please  create a new post to explain Smile

@Teo oswald

I think this analysis on the importance of the Skywalkers in the saga is the one that makes the most sense to answer to the bolded questions:
https://www.shortstormtrooperreviews.com/2019/12/anakin-skywalkers-story-was-not.html

Even if Palpatine had to be destroyed, I think this person is right to point out that Skywalkers weren't the Chosen family because they were meant to destroy the Sith the traditional way of the Jedi but because they are the ones who brought the Jedi to a refined understanding of the Force. As for Obi-Wan and Anakin not using Force healing to save Qui-Gon and Padme, I think it's a question of level of knowledge about the Force passing from generations to generations, each generation going a little step further than the previous ones. It's the same idea with scientific knowledge in any discipline: the state of knowledge is constantly evolving  when a researcher compiles all previous knowledge brought by previous researchers on his topic  and goes a little step further to bring new knowledge to his discipline. Thus, he brought a new step to the knowledge of the Force and passed it to Obi-Wan and Yod. Both learned through how to make one with the Force from death and goes a step further by coming back as Force ghost. This knowledge was passed to Luke and Leia who both were able to bring a little step further, i.e. when Leia was able to maintain herself alive in space. Then, they both passed their knowledge to Rey so that she could reach out to all the Jedi of the Past and she went  a little step further by learning how to heal hurt people, which is something that she indirectly teached to Ben.  And finally Ben went a step further, which is to bring someone dead to life. Maybe that the next step will be Rey being able to bring people back to life while being able to maintain herself alive?

As for the Prophecy of the Chosen One, I think that Rose's quote from TLJ sums up perfectly why it was important to bring a new understanding of the Force and what selfless/compassionate love really is: "This is how we're gonna win the war, not by killing what we hate but by savong what we love". Qui-Gon was the first to find the path to immortality by indirectly communicating with Anakin and then directly with Yoda. It makes sense that he was the Jedi who paved the way for a new understanding of the Force because he is the one who believed in Anakin above all when the Jedi - including Obi-Wan - didn't. Anakin wasn't the Chosen One only because he was meant to find a way to destroy the Sith but because his trajectory  meant to  have the Jedi question their understanding of the Force and who they consider worthy to bring Balance. Had Anakin not trigered this evolution of the state of knowledge  and new understanding of the Force, Rey would never had been able decades later to reach out to the all the Jedi of the Past and got help from them to beat Palpatine. What made Anakin special beyond his high midichlorian count is that he was a very bright, helpful and compassionate little boy who got shattered by both the manipulation of the Sith and the Jedi understanding of the Force. IMO Rey was chosen by the Skywalker lightsaber not only because she was a Palpatine but also because she displayed these qualities and was accompanied well through her  learning process, with Obi-Wan reaching out to her first while he wasn't so keen to do it with Anakin at first. By the way, there is this idea that the menace still can come back in one way or another in the future: A Skywalker was the first to bring back Balance, a Palpatine is the second one and maybe the next one will be a random person because the Force is meant to become more including in the future. TROS should have been clearer about that through providing that this person interpreted well the message conveyed by the saga
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Fri 03 Jan 2020, 12:00 pm

This was actually pretty fun to do.

Just adding a few disclaimers: a. Some of the questions simply can't be answered without personal interpretational and/or mentions to other external references due to their nature and how TRoS presented them; b. I tried to be straightforward and answer based solely on the films and my professional experience and my academic knowledge in storytelling; c. I don’t personally agree or even like some of the answers; d. Some questions are impossible to answer with no snark because the movie… leaves a lot to be desired.

Edits: I wrote all of this in one go and I'm editing some typos and adding some new thoughts lmao.

1) Palpatine's reveal in TRoS is just a callback of both RotJ and RotS, where the true nature of the entity 'Emperor' is revealed in the flesh. It's not an answer presented for the sake of in-universe logic, but using the philosophy of "it's poetry, it rhymes".

2) Not explained at all. It’s also illogical considered what transpired in TFA and TLJ.

3) Kylo’s ‘training’ during the course of TFA, TLJ and TRoS has the purpose of showing the impact of the Dark Side on Force Sensitive individuals. Unlike Anakin, Kylo’s descent into the Dark Side is not physical (lost limbs, carbonized body, man vs. machine dichotomy) but psychological, and he eventually rejects it. In this context, Snoke and Palpatine serve the same function with the sole difference that Palpatine is the chessmaster. Why Palpatine hid behind Snoke? Not explained at all, but Palpatine is the man behind the curtain and hiding behind different facades (Prequels) is something he just does.

4) He didn’t know how to.

5) Same thing.

6) Palpatine is a liar and was manipulating Anakin through his love for Padmé.

7) Not explained at all.

Cool The original Chosen One prophecy was misinterpreted by Qui Gon, and in the context of TRoS, it’s also worthless.

9) It allowed Luke and Leia to live, which created the entire context presented in the sequels, so they could eventually pass the Skywalker mantle to Rey in TRoS so she could carry on their lessons without the burden of their bloodline.

10) No balance was ever achieved by Anakin in RotJ and the same goes for Rey in TRoS. While the main evil (Palpatine) is defeated momentarily, there are no guarantees that the Force or even the Galaxy eventually will find peace. All we see is a final battle, not its aftermath.

11) In this context, the Skywalker lineage is a counterpoint to the Palpatine lineage, but in a very passive way. They absorb the damage inflicted by Palpatine, not only on their family but on the Galaxy, and only through selfless sacrifice (works for Anakin in RoTJ, Luke in TLJ, Leia and Ben in TRoS) they’re able to momentarily stop grand acts of violence.

12) The Galaxy was f**** after RotJ and it is probably still f**** after TRoS, so the Skywalkers actions didn’t really change anything in terms of politics and economics. They’re more inspirational figures akin to saints and iconic personalities, with the purpose of becoming legends and inspiring others (see TFA and TLJ, where Luke is considered a myth and Rey apparently knows the "legend" of how Luke redeemed Vader).

13) Palpatine craves unlimited power and absolute control of every aspect of the Galaxy—physical or spiritual.

14) Palpatine desires utter annihilation, that’s why he does what he does.

15) The writers thought it would be ‘neat’ if the random dagger matched the Death Star and didn’t really think things through.

16) I have no idea.

17) It’s a mystery, really.

18) Because they’re dumb, and the story glosses over that.

19) Because he’s a coward, and while that was covered partially in TLJ, they (JJ and Terrio) backtrack in TRoS.

20) Because they never bothered to strategize, and the story glosses over that.

21) He just wanted to show off. Laughing

22) Palpatine’s plans for Rey change all the time because the writers didn’t know how to naturally establish conflict between the protagonist (Rey) and the antagonist (Palps), or even how to explore their familial bond in interesting ways.

23) Because he’s dumb, and the story glosses over that.

24) It’s the concept of two souls that act as one and coexist. It’s based on the sociological concept of the dyad, which is the basis of human society and represents the smallest social group. In TRoS, this dynamic has a mystical connotation.

25) There’s no precedent in canon so there’s no way to answer this question.

26) Because the writers didn’t think of the ramifications of the Force Bond created in TLJ and how it would affect the Pickled Snokes/Palpatine plot in TRoS.

27) Who knows, really.

28) Who knows, really. #2

29) Who knows, really. #3

30) Who knows, really. #4

31) Who knows, really. #5

32) Who knows, really. #6

33) Who knows, really. #7

34) Who knows, really. #8

35) Who knows, really. #9

36) Inconsistent characterization.

37) He was tired so he was not very perceptive at the moment. Laughing

38) It’s a poorly executed callback to RotS where Yoda and Obi-Wan decide to hide Luke in plain sight so no one can find him. Jakku is the Palpatine Family version of Tatooine, considering the Observatory was there.

39) Rey doesn’t like Poe because he’s a very difficult man, so she doesn’t bother healing him. Laughing

40) I honestly have no idea.

41) Plot convenience.

42) It’s still a mess, but the story glosses over that.

43)] Clearly not.

44) The Republic is incompetent, but the story glosses over that because they need to paint the First Order as the most totalitarian regime ever, the Resistance/Republic needs to be the most heroic thing ever, and if they actually explored the political/social dynamics of the Galaxy in depth, they’d have to handle the topic with care and respect, which they’re unable to do.

45) Enemies-to-lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers trope. Laughing

46) Plot convenience.

47) He’s a fashionista. Laughing

48) Odd, isn’t it?

49) Yes. He’s been conflicted since forever, and after being stabbed by the person he loves (Snoke's “cruelest stroke” from TLJ) he finally had it with the Dark Side.

50) As it is presented, the film makes Leia look like an awful mother, but the story glosses over that.

51) It’s a representation of Kylo’s own subconscious and a replay of the scene that torments his soul (TFA’s patricide).

52) The scene was written as a stage play, where characters interact with their own memories/fantasies as a way to show to their audience their inner conflict. It’s more a case of theater language being adapted to Star Wars than anything that makes sense in-universe.

53) Now they’re allowed to. Brand new “power”.

54) It does have the same impact because Han reached out and forgave him in TFA, TRoS is just a case of Kylo finally accepting it.

55) This one is complex. TRoS makes it look like Luke could’ve just used his X-Wing to save the Resistance in TLJ, but in TLJ we see that Luke wanted to sacrifice himself (in a literal sense) to save Leia and ask for Ben’s forgiveness. It was a selfless act and he used the Force as a conduit, allowing Ben to attack him and learn a lesson in failure (as Yoda told him), also giving time for the Resistance to escape. If Luke showed up there in person, he would’ve failed. He would’ve died anyway and no one would've been saved.

56) Dropped plot thread, but in the context of TRoS, apparently Luke meant they’d see each other in the afterlife lmao.

57) Because they’re all idiots with no sense of perspective and didn’t learn anything.

58) Billy Howle. Laughing

59), 60), 61) I’d rather not even think about that.

62) Kylo’s High School Metal Band. Laughing

63) Merch.

64) Because they’re incompetent and threw their plan (if there was ever one) out of the window.

65) Because TRoS Palpatine is a dumbass.

66) Guess JJ forgot the worldbuilding of his own movie (TFA).

67) He’s too worried about Rey so he’s not thinking strategically.

68) The writers had to bring him to Exegol on his own to ressuscitate Rey later because that scene was one of the first things they wrote and really wanted it to happen despite it making no sense.

69) Because JJ and Terrio are lazy and creatively bankrupt.

70) Luke is incompetent, but the story likes to pretend he’s not.

71) The Death Star wars a pioneer project, so I guess that’s its importance.

72) I assume they all have hypermatter reactors.

73) I’d say it’s a case of the Force trying to balance itself, knowing Rey and Kylo are meant to be, and that only through compassion and love for the enemy (Palpatine vs. Skywalker) the war can be won. The saber going to a Palpatine represents that the Force cares about “your heart” and not your blood. It’s still lame in the context of the saga though, because it undermines the pain inflicted over the Skywalkers because of their bloodline, basically making the main conflict of the saga thematically pointless.

74) Rose got the “I like you as a friend” treatment because the writers listened to online trolls who hated the actress, so it was just convenient to push her aside.

75) Plot inconsistency.

76) Plot inconsistency.

77) Probably just randomly floating through the ocean like Rose’s necklace from Titanic.

78) Never. That ship has sailed almost five years ago, and now the saber is buried.

79) No and they were also poorly done.

80) Yes. When it comes to the plot/audience dynamic, it exists purely for shock value. When it comes to execution, it’s poorly done and badly edited, to the point it becomes comical. When you contrast it with the whole saga, it works as a callback to the Darth Plagueis scene from RotS and it’s a cheap Reverse Anidala moment, where the Skywalker man finds a way to cheat death and save the one he loves… but not himself.

81) Because Rey is the POV character in that scene, so Ben’s internal monologue and whatever could’ve happened to him in the pit is irrelevant.

82) Because they wanted to please the dudebros who complained that Rey was “too powerful”, so they wrote that stupid line to show that she had doubts in herself and she felt like she was below the All-mighty Skywalker Saber.

83) I’m sure Terrio and JJ wrote the scene as an open ending, where we’re supposed to feel like Rey is just passing by and she’s going to hop on a ship and explore the Galaxy with her friends. However, that’s not what is conveyed through the visuals, the soundtrack and the overall mood of the scene. It's also the final shot of the saga and, narratively, the end of the character's journey, so anything beyond that is fanfic/expanded universe.

84) Probably waiting for Rey to tell them what to do.

85) Because she needed to have a body so Ben could resuscitate her the way he did. Basically, she didn’t disappear because the plot would fall apart if she did.

86) I guess so. He magically disappeared and that’s equivalent of becoming one with the Force.

87) Shhh, don’t remind JJ and Terrio that Rey wanted her parents to come back for her entire life, and at the end of her story she doesn’t even mourn them.

88) Whatever he wanted to tell her, she certainly didn’t care about and always wandered off before he had a chance to say it.

89 Product placement for a brand new lightsaber that it’s going to be available at Galaxy’s Edge at some point.

90) Snoke is a dumbass.

91) The film says so, but it’s stupid and retcons TFA, where Leia explicitly tells Han that she sent Ben off to train with Luke because he’s a Jedi, implying that only Luke could help her son with his latent Force sensitivity due to Luke being the only person with adequate Jedi training in the family.

92) Anakin’s phrase makes no sense.

93) Same thing I answered in question 11.  

94) Because they’re cowards, but the story glosses over that.

95) Because they’re cowards, but the story glosses over that. #2

96) Right? Laughing

97) They all ended up in the editing room floor.

98) I’d say is a Dark Side power, fueled by anger, hate and overall negative feelings.

99) Rey apparently knows everything.

100) I think so.

Last edited by Piper Maru on Sat 04 Jan 2020, 10:30 am; edited 5 times in total
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Fri 03 Jan 2020, 5:48 pm

@Teo oswald @Piper Maru Thank you both, I never laughed so much in a thread as I laughed reading your Q&A rn. @Teo oswald, your questions are brilliant and really make sense. @Piper Maru, your answers are canon to me now. XD

The positive point is that we can, at least, have fun with this movie.

100 unanswered questions about star wars the rise of Skywalker Tenor
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 03 Jan 2020, 6:52 pm

#39 - You can't tell me that Rey not even thinking to offer to Force Heal Poe isn't petty the same way it was when Kylo blew up his X-Wing (and not having an awkward team-up, we were denied the delicious drama of the two of them side eyeing Poe together).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 04 Jan 2020, 5:11 am

Atenais wrote:@Teo oswald @Piper Maru Thank you both, I never laughed so much in a thread as I laughed reading your Q&A rn. @Teo oswald, your questions are brilliant and really make sense. @Piper Maru, your answers are canon to me now. XD

The positive point is that we can, at least, have fun with this movie.

100 unanswered questions about star wars the rise of Skywalker Tenor
@"Atenas"

ahaha happy to have made you laugh. These questions came to my attention after I saw the film for the second time. Laughing

@Piper Maru
thanks for your answers !!!! Laughing
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sat 04 Jan 2020, 5:57 am

@Atenais

I'm glad I made you laugh Laughing. I mean, when you think about it, the film is comical.

Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 04 Jan 2020, 3:13 pm

Teo oswald wrote:@"Atenas"

ahaha happy to have made you laugh. These questions came to my attention after I saw the film for the second time. Laughing

@Teo oswald

I'm trying not to think too much about this movie, but your list was really funny.

Piper Maru wrote:@Atenais

I'm glad I made you laugh Laughing. I mean, when you think about it, the film is comical.

@Piper Maru

Super.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Tue 07 Jan 2020, 10:31 pm

Question 94, the more I think about it, it drives me nuts. Why is it OK for Luke and Leia to not tell Rey about her heritage, but it was SO TERRIBLE that Obi-wan didn't tell Luke Vader was his father.

Answer: I guess it's because after they were down this 'Rey Palpatine' road they suddenly had to come up with a reason why Luke and Leia didn't tell her in the previous movies.... wait what? How the f**** did Luke and Leia know that Rey was Palpatine's granddaughter? I guess, the force?

THAT'S NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS.

It seems like the plot was made by a couple of amateurs sitting around having beers trying to come up with something. But the more I think about it, the answer to all these questions may be...

A: Because the 'movie every two years' schedule didn't allow enough time to come up with a story, and that timeline was changed by Carrie Fisher's death and Treverrow's exit. J.J. is not very good at wrapping things up, and he didn't have much time. I feel that the plot ideas seem rushed, like they had to get into shooting before they really had everything figured out.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down