Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leia in Episodes VIII

+5
IoJovi
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Force22
9 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Leia in Episodes VIII  Empty Re: Leia in Episodes VIII

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Sun 10 Apr - 18:24

- Yes,  I also feel that Leia is going to have a part to play in Kylo's redemption.
How can she not?
She is the only character thus far who has expressed the opinion that there is still 'good in him'.
Surely she will have a key role in helping Ben find his way back to the Light...or at least I would hope that would be the case.

Leia being in some type of life-threatening situation brought on by Snoke or the First Order could be used as a story telling device to convince Kylo that he has been on the 'wrong side' all this time.
A fleeting moment when his feelings for his mother clash against the inherent Dark Side programming Snoke has infected him with.
One of those 'look at yourself and see what you have done' moments.

If handled correctly, Leia could assist in helping Han succeed in 'bringing our son home'....
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 10 Apr - 18:46

I do not think they cast Laura Dern as substitution. She is there probably to beef up a bit a conflict between Republic and Resistance (which was suggested but not enough clearly presented in TFA).

Concerning Leia and Kylo s redemption, she would have some important role for sure, but I just do not see her as a key figure in this process - my money is on Rey who finally brings him home.

It would be a bit weird that 30 year old son is going to saved by his mommy. Very Happy
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 10 Apr - 20:42

Family can't save Kylo cause they ****ed up to begin with. But Rey is his unconditional love without any baggage so it'll be romantic love that saves him. However, scene between Kylo and Leia is a given. Whether it happens in VIII remains to be seen but I expect Kylo to come face to face with her and Luke separately or together. They are his family so they'll confront him about killing Han. There's no dramatic reason to skip that.

Leia's grave injury could get Luke out of hiding and/or prompt Kylo to do something reckless (which he does w/o prompting anyway).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 10 Apr - 23:06

Kylo Ren tells Snoke he will not be seduced. The following scene cuts to Han and Rey on the Falcon. That tells me who will be instrumental in his redemption. We already know Han played a role when he touched his sons face and forgave him, even in death.

Han set the stage, and Rey will be the one to bring it to fruition.

I have no doubt Ren still loves his mother, but the fact is she already tried and failed by sending him to Luke.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 10 Apr - 23:20

Don't get me wrong - one of the scenes I am so looking forward to is a reunion between Ben and Leia. He will be an emotional mess, and I can't wait.

Leia can still play a small part, but moving forward I think the majority of his redemption arc will coincide with Rey's journey.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 11 Apr - 0:16

I have a feeling Kylo will kill a KOR and disappear with Rey when Snoke orders him to kill her....and then Snoke will attack the resistance as revenge and Leia will be gravely injured....this might prompt Kylo to question his loyalties....or foolishly go for a fight with Snoke....

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Mon 11 Apr - 19:27

Honestly I'm so afraid/tense about that reunion/confrontation scene. I think this would be the very first time a character who has killed one of his family returns to said family (IF he returns - I wouldn't blame him for running off Azula style at the end of the trilogy).
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 11 Apr - 20:01

I can buy the coma as a device for him rethinking his priorities but ultimately it will be Rey he truly sacrifices for in Ep 9. Also looking forward to the mother-son reunion in Ep 9. You know AD can pull it off; I'm looking forward to his performance. He will probably fall to his knees and you know he'll cry like a baby when his mother forgives him.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr - 23:23

I just saw this on the Official Star Wars Twitter and it's a great write up about Leia and her force abilities http://www.starwars.com/news/strong-in-my-family-exploring-leias-unique-relationship-with-the-force?cmp=smc|431136449&linkId=23417447 it really annoys me when some people dismiss her as the lesser Skywalker because she didn't become a Jedi or take the name. She is as, if not more, important as Luke, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 14 Apr - 1:55

IoJovi wrote:Kylo Ren tells Snoke he will not be seduced. The following scene cuts to Han and Rey on the Falcon. That tells me who will be instrumental in his redemption. We already know Han played a role when he touched his sons face and forgave him, even in death.

I have no doubt Ren still loves his mother, but the fact is she already tried and failed by sending him to Luke.
@IoJovi

There was also a clip of the scene Han and Leia had about Ben in the documentary where some of their dialogue seems to have been cut ... yet they kept it for the documentary.

Leia says to Han, "You always saw him more clearly than I did."

Han answers, "I don't know what I saw."

This indicates prior attempts to understand him and Leia being unable to really get him. Now obviously, that didn't make it into the film, but to have it in the documentary during the whole portion that goes into how the family dropped the ball makes me go with @vaderito on this one. They need an outsider, with no baggage, to save Kylo.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 14 Apr - 3:29

Force22 wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
IoJovi wrote:Kylo Ren tells Snoke he will not be seduced. The following scene cuts to Han and Rey on the Falcon. That tells me who will be instrumental in his redemption. We already know Han played a role when he touched his sons face and forgave him, even in death.

@IoJovi

There was also a clip of the scene Han and Leia had about Ben in the documentary where some of their dialogue seems to have been cut ... yet they kept it for the documentary.

Leia says to Han, "You always saw him more clearly than I did."

Han answers, "I don't know what I saw."

This indicates prior attempts to understand him and Leia being unable to really get him. Now obviously, that didn't make it into the film, but to have it in the documentary during the whole portion that goes into how the family dropped the ball makes me go with @vaderito on this one. They need an outsider, with no baggage, to save Kylo.
@SoloSideCousin

I thik the fact that she still sees good in him is important, and might be an important factor.
@Force22

Absolutely! No question about that at all! She just needs help.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down