Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

+45
Rogue Rey
Hasi
BenRey
Magnolia_3.0
motherofpearl1
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
Mana
spacebaby45678
snufkin
MeadowofAshes
Saracene
ZioRen
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
IoJovi
AnnLouise
BastilaBey
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Darth Dingbat
Force22
Jozie
Airemyn
Search Your Feelings
SanghaRen
Maria26
Queen Rey
MyOnlyHope
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Gemini
Zeralyos
rey09
Helix
Xylo Ren
ISeeAnIsland
CienaRee
Sylvia Snow
MoonFyre
panki
Darth Dementor
AnneNeville
RKR Connection
MoonlitMoss
49 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 11 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:41 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The subsequent comments from other production members who didn't know about the "retraction" say a lot.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Wait, when was this? Are you talking about Daisy and Pablo, or someone else comment as well?
@AppleCrumble122
Just Ridley and Pablo. I don't think there were any others. They just seemed do so relieved... xD
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ah ok! Cheers! Ha! Who can blame them! Wink I think we're all relieved now that the excitement has died down. Smile

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 11 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by Little_Boots Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:49 pm

Could it be possible that JJ could lie? I kinda doubt it but just thought I would ask
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:55 pm

Little_Boots wrote:Could it be possible that JJ could lie? I kinda doubt it but just thought I would ask
@Little_Boots

No because they never retract lies that they planned to plant. Like Khan. His answer to that kid was not planned. he was flustered. Backtracking happens when truth is spilled unintentionally.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 16 Apr 2016, 4:01 pm

vaderito wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:Could it be possible that JJ could lie? I kinda doubt it but just thought I would ask
@Little_Boots

No because they never retract lies that they planned to plant. Like Khan. His answer to that kid was not planned. he was flustered. Backtracking happens when truth is spilled unintentionally.
@vaderito

And because kylo found the perfect cookie that suits him Cool
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 16 Apr 2016, 7:15 pm

BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnLouise Sat 16 Apr 2016, 9:19 pm

#Reylo/#Reyben fans on Twitter are feeling a bit cheerier now, at least. Thumbs up
AnnLouise
AnnLouise
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:16 pm

I need to bring this one back up to the top to lighten the mood. This one, my friends, is all we need to know in order estimate where the story is going. Read through it and smile.

It's gonna happen.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:18 pm

@IoJovi I was listening to a podcast that discussed it yesterday and when they played his actual statement I just started giggling. He just said it so freely, like duh, obviously they aren't her parents. I'm still trying to prepare myself for the 0.005% chance that it was another "Cumberbatch isn't Khan" moment, but I cannot imagine JJ making that mistake again.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:22 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@IoJovi I was listening to a podcast that discussed it yesterday and when they played his actual statement I just started giggling. He just said it so freely, like duh, obviously they aren't her parents. I'm still trying to prepare myself for the 0.005% chance that it was another "Cumberbatch isn't Khan" moment, but I cannot imagine JJ making that mistake again.
@BastilaBey

But it wasn't only his statement though - it was Pablo too during the unfolding of that whole debacle. Pablo's, "Kylo Ren is a Skywalker...We know that, right?" That one was genuine, and was a combination of half panic, half amusement and relief. And JJ's retraction - even better...followed by Pablo's, "LOL."

And then while this is all going on, there's Daisy in the Reylo tag... lol!

Awesome night, that one.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:27 pm

IoJovi wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:@IoJovi I was listening to a podcast that discussed it yesterday and when they played his actual statement I just started giggling. He just said it so freely, like duh, obviously they aren't her parents. I'm still trying to prepare myself for the 0.005% chance that it was another "Cumberbatch isn't Khan" moment, but I cannot imagine JJ making that mistake again.
@BastilaBey

But it wasn't only his statement though - it was Pablo too during the unfolding of that whole debacle. Pablo's, "Kylo Ren is a Skywalker...We know that, right?" That one was genuine, and was a combination of half panic, half amusement and relief. And JJ's retraction - even better...followed by Pablo's, "LOL."

And then while this is all going on, there's Daisy in the Reylo tag... lol!

Awesome night, that one.

@IoJovi

I'm trying to decide which I found more exciting... The 3 Hours of Reygate night, or those paparazzi photos of Adam arriving at the airport with Mark and Daisy.

Good times.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:30 pm

As somebody who went into the movie having not really thought that much about Star Wars since I was probably 12 years old, it never even occurred to me that she was going to be anything other than the tired trope of "Hero's more competent girl boffin sidekick." Like no relationship to any of the original characters even if I had seen enough media coverage that people thought she was Han and Leia's daughter. But it never seemed 'obvious' to me that she was related to any of them at all. What was far more surprising/unexpected to me (why else would i have wasted so much time on this discussion?) wasn't even "Han and Leia's kid is the villain," but that "she's nobody's sidekick, she's in charge. Oh and Han and Leia's kid is really hot for her."

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:59 pm

It's so unfair, these things always come out when I'm asleep (I live in England) so I'm never around in the moment, but I guess when you have lots of pages to read and catch up on it can be pretty fun.

I think I was most excited about the photos of Adam and Daisy at the airport because it was so tangible. I squealed like a mouse when I first saw it. Razz Embarassed (Actually that one was in the middle of the day I think so maybe that's partly why I was so happy - finally something leaked when I was actually here!)
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Thu 02 Jun 2016, 4:31 pm

hmmm...I have nothing left to say about the Rey Skywalker garbage theory. I think we should all move on from it, and three cheers to Rey for being her own person!
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2016, 4:32 pm

Mana wrote:hmmm...I have nothing left to say about the Rey Skywalker garbage theory. I think we should all move on from it, and three cheers to Rey for being her own person!
@Mana

Claps Perfectly said! Although it's incredibly fun to go back to this moment because it (and still does) feel wonderful! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Thu 02 Jun 2016, 4:33 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Mana wrote:hmmm...I have nothing left to say about the Rey Skywalker garbage theory. I think we should all move on from it, and three cheers to Rey for being her own person!
@Mana

Claps Perfectly said! Although it's incredibly fun to go back to this moment because it (and still does) feel wonderful! Wink
@AppleCrumble122

At this point the only reason I can think of to talk about Reywalker is to mock it IYF
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 02 Jun 2016, 4:54 pm

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 02 Jun 2016, 7:49 pm

snufkin wrote:EDITORIAL – REY: HEIRESS OF THE JEDI
http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/06/editorial-rey-heiress-of-the-jedi.html
@snufkin

Well at least the Reywalker scales have fallen from his/her eyes?  

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 11 Tumblr_m6099e9Jzw1rqkpceo1_500
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 02 Jun 2016, 8:50 pm

@snufkin

The comments... Ugh. Why can't I ever stop myself from reading the comments?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 02 Jun 2016, 9:10 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

When the next movie comes out, that same contingent will be demanding to see a copy of Rey's short form birth certificate from Jakku (sorry, couldn't resist) because that will prove that she she's Luke's kid and shouldn't be hooking up with her evil cousin.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 02 Jun 2016, 9:36 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
@snufkin

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 11 Tumblr_m6099e9Jzw1rqkpceo1_500
@spacebaby45678

The fact it's titled as an editorial almost made me laugh, except that in some quarters this is as serious as politics. And sorry LeBron Golden State is ahead!

via GIPHY

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 02 Jun 2016, 9:40 pm

snufkin wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
@snufkin

@spacebaby45678

The fact it's titled as an editorial almost made me laugh, except that in some quarters this is as serious as politics. And sorry LeBron Golden State is ahead!

via GIPHY

@snufkin

Steph Curry is so awesome that he has Seattle cheering for a Bay Area team.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 02 Jun 2016, 9:43 pm

snufkin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

When the next movie comes out, that same contingent will be demanding to see a copy of Rey's short form birth certificate from Jakku (sorry, couldn't resist) because that will prove that she she's Luke's kid and shouldn't be hooking up with her evil cousin.
@snufkin

Oh the comments in any articles about TFA are just awful. It's not like other forum sites where all they do is criticize Kylo and hope for him to die. It's members of the GA who literally hated every aspect of the movie and have nothing positive to offer. I'd stated yesterday in jest I'd almost rather read comments from antis rather than comments from the GA in response to any Star Wars article from news sites.

All they do is hate on the movie itself.

I just can't...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 02 Jun 2016, 10:16 pm

IoJovi wrote:
snufkin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

@snufkin

Oh the comments in any articles about TFA are just awful. It's not like other forum sites where all they do is criticize Kylo and hope for him to die. It's members of the GA who literally hated every aspect of the movie and have nothing positive to offer. I'd stated yesterday in jest I'd almost rather read comments from antis rather than comments from the GA in response to any Star Wars article from news sites.

All they do is hate on the movie itself.

I just can't...
@IoJovi

When I saw TFA the first time and was like "I know what I saw there, so what is going on?" almost every single site I checked to see if people were discussing it (I didn't see it until late February), was just awful. Either completely dumb or vitriolic.

@ISeeanIsland - 90 to 76!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 02 Jun 2016, 10:47 pm

I just had to add that I too have found the general GA comments on mainstream TFA articles to be abysmal. I think the only people who really comment on those articles are doing it just to complain. You'd think the movie was atrocious going by their comments (and it obviously wasn't). The comments are rarely anything productive or intelligent, mostly just how TFA is a total pathetic rehash, people calling JJ Abrams Jar Jar Abrams, saying Rey = Mary Sue,  Finn = Jar Jar Binks and Kylo = weak a*** emo punk.

I don't even read comments on mainstream/GA SW articles anymore.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2016, 1:54 pm

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2016/10/19/star-wars-the-force-awakens-changing-rey-and-finns-relationship-with-commentary-3d-release-clip

JJ: Originally they are much more angry at each other, and truthfully it wasn't working. Originally in this scene, Finn revealed that he was a storm trooper, and in this scene, she had never heard of Luke Skywalker. Which didn't really make sense because later, she's heard of Han Solo and she's been wearing the Rebellion helmet, you just didn't quite buy it. So the idea was that her life was so isolated and so sad and so without hope, that the most optimistic thing - Luke Skywalker himself - was nothing but a myth.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm feeling a lot more confident in JJ's original remarks about Rey's parents not being in Episode 7. bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next