Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

+58
Gemini
12 Parsnips
special_cases
Lovely_Rose
Teo oswald
spacebaby45678
DeeBee
Man Without A Star
Starliteprism
LadyGaufrette
rey09
Geralt_Riv
MaddieDove
SW_Heroine_Journey
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
cherrylipstick
Saracene
loversinthestorm
rawpowah
Blood Moon
vaderito
whisperingwillow
nickandnora
Sparkle
BB-Rey
Kylo Rey
californiagirl
MrsWindu
kroi
ZioRen
Riri
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
Night Huntress
SkyStar
Tex
Helix
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kessel
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Cowgirlsamurai
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
jakkusun
SanghaRen
EchoBase
Armadeus
BastilaBey
CienaRee
Darth Rowan
panki
Moonjump05
Rimfaxe96
Sylvia Snow
MoonlitMoss
62 posters

Page 21 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Empty Dooku: Jedi Lost

Post by DeeBee Thu 12 Sep 2019, 4:27 am

Hi Everyone, just had to share! I fiiiiinally finished the Dooku:Jedi Lost audiobook!
The different format - I liked having the different voices delivery dialogue but found the lack of description annoying, and the sound effects at times off putting (when I'm trying to drive lol). An interesting experience, but I think I prefer the usual novels converted into audibooks..

This comment is spoilery but I won't protect as the book is kinda old now - if you are not wanting to be spoiled just skip this comment.

It took me ages to finish it so I think I've forgotten half of it - but I really enjoyed the Asaj Ventress parts.. she is fantastic. Dooku is absolutely brutal with her - it's abusive basically.. and she seems so stuck and hopeless - Hmm I may move on to Dark Discipline soon!  Except I think I have to read Black spire next to find out what happens to Vi and Archex [I'm guessing he is gonna die and get a story arc where he gives his life for the cause - maybe even for Vi] I'm surprised I've heard nothing about how the plot pans out.. but maybe it's good I haven't because then I'm motivated to read the book! lol- sorry I digress.. back to the Dooku book!

Sifo Dyas and Master Costanna were very interesting - in an uncomfortable kind of way to me. He became so dependent on her it felt really off to me.. but my heart did go out to Sifo that his visions were treated as they were by the Jedi order. and how he ended up...Ugh.. I thought it was interesting how Master Costanna seemed to be more open to the dark side, and understanding it [where the ST is headed maybe?] while being careful or cautious with it - this didn't seem to me to be fully articulated - she said toward the end that Dooku was in danger because he was using the dark side without protection -I  am curious how someone can use the dark side 'with protection'... There was the moment earlier when Sifo Dyas, Master Costanna and Dooku were surrounded by the dark side and did that chant of theirs with the bindings seeking balance ?? - maybe that is what she was referring to ? anyone able to clarify this? I feel like I lost the thread of this story, and it's really my own fault because there is so much sw canon out there and just so little time. lol!!

What a way to finish - ordering your assassin to kill your sister. Ugh- that family! the mention of the 'hooded man' was very very interesting!!!! The sister saw Palpatine.. and had to die!!!! Muahahahaaa

The idea of a jedi manipulating the sand in the desert had me curious - I'd love to see something like that in TROS on Pasaana... it's a great way to hide, protect and defend!  

I will come back on the weekend and share my take on the Snoke comic, I have avoided reading other's views on it at this point, as I want to write my own thoughts before reading others.. I thought it was fantastic.. bye!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by DeeBee Thu 19 Sep 2019, 5:24 am

Just read a very cool, quite long interview with Charles Soule. Anyone who loved the Lando comic (Me!), anyone who loved his Vader comic ( liking it so far!) anyone who is psyched for The Rise of Kylo Ren comic will enjoy giving this a read!
The main thing that I found interesting is two mentions of what will be in The Rise of Kylo Ren- he refers to what is learned about Ben  in TLJ - which I’m guessing has to be the all important night at the Jedi temple.
He says that his comic will be a different time to the time covered in the age of resistance snoke issue - because by then he was already Kylo Ren, and Soule's writing from Ben to Ren. Sooo it’s not going to cover up to where Snoke takes Kylo to Dagobah.
ARTICLE HERE
We have been waiting for news on what time frame would be covered!
I gotta get back here to talk about the snoke age of comic soon - time is flying, before we know it the movie will be here!

many edits to fix all my typos!

Edited to add:
I had forgotten that Momin is first seen in the Lando series. such a good series! [anyone want to read it? PM me!]

Okay I have time to add excerpts from this interview...

SWNN interview with Charles Soule wrote:
Charles Soule: ... So when I pitch stuff, I tend to go as earth shattering as I possibly can, and it doesn’t always work, but sometimes it does work as we saw – Vader‘s a great example, the stuff I got to do in that book is invent a new Sith Lord, say how the castle is built, the lightsaber stuff.  Like, huge swings and they let me do all of it. Go big is what I tell myself with Star Wars stuff all the time. Kylo Ren‘s going to be no exception...

Kyle Larson (interviewer): So, you’ve got Kylo Ren kind of communing with this Darth Vader mask in The Force Awakens, and we’ve seen it kind of pop up in images in Rise of Skywalker too. You probably weren’t too surprised by that. Is that Sith embodiment of an artifact something you wondered would be the route they take with Palpatine in The Rise of Skywalker? Or is that something you can even discuss?

Charles: You know what, the crazy thing is I heard that laugh and that’s about all I can say. We all heard the same laugh and so I guess we’ll see.

Kyle: Awesome. I think that that’s really interesting. So what’s your favorite character to write and what’s just your favorite character overall?

Charles: Oh man. Palpatine is an awesome character. I just like this utterly evil, completely irredeemable, brilliant manipulator character with all these crazy wizard powers too. I just, I’m a huge fan of him and I’m a lawyer by training so some of that resonates with me. I also, there’s so many.. there’s such a rich background. I really liked writing Obi-Wan, I would write more Obi-Wan in a minute if the opportunity ever arose.

Kyle: Please, we would love that.

Charles: Yeah, me too. I think it’d be fun. I’m excited about that show they announced; I don’t know what that’s going to be, but that’s going to be the best. Right? So that’s cool, I would do more Obi-Wan. There’s more I can say, but it’s going to run into… like I’m writing obviously The Rise of Kylo Ren, which is out in December which I talk about that book as being from Ben to Ren; so it’s how Ben Solo becomes Kylo Ren. So you think about where Ben Solo is and stuff we saw in Episode VIII, so you can guess at least where some of that story is going to take place. Which is very exciting for me to be able to write about Ben Solo at that time in his life and talk about the Knights of Ren and all the other cool characters that we don’t know very much about yet.

It’s a huge pro to be doing that and then there’s also Project Luminous. Which I’m not going to talk about other than to remind you that it exists, but that’s a huge project that I’m working on with four other authors that I have come to really love working with and respect immensely. We’re building something huge and cool there and I feel like I’m in a really, really good… I’ve got some really good pieces of Star Wars Universe to play with right now. I’m really lucky.

Kyle: My colleagues and I review all the Marvel titles and books released. You’re definitely batting a thousand.

Charles: That’s really nice, thank you.

Kyle: I was going to ask, did you get a chance to check out the Age of Resistance: Snoke issue that came out this week?

Charles: Yes, I read it in an advance, because I’m working on Kylo… so it doesn’t, there’s not really any significant overlap, but I… or any really, it’s just a different time.

Kyle: Totally different time, yeah.

Charles: Mine is Ben to Ren and that one is Ren, so…

Kyle: Yeah, he’s fully Ren.
sunny

edited (again) to add:
Star Wars Adventures Issue #25 has been released and is lots of fun! Leia tries to give Holdo speeder flying lessons... I think its Holdo and Leia's excellent adventure (without the time travel).
I'll try and get back here to share a little about it soon.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 25_lei10
Loved Holdo's rainbow hair..

Also just saw that the next Star Wars Advenutues Issue #26 has a release date of 25 September - not long!
there's a preview here:
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-adventures-26-exclusive-preview
I'm not reading the preview! I want to wait to read the full issue in one go.

Last edited by DeeBee on Thu 19 Sep 2019, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Empty Age of Resistance - Snoke Issue

Post by DeeBee Fri 20 Sep 2019, 2:18 am

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:
rawpowah wrote:The story of Ben Solo is tragic? Does he mean in the comic, or the arc as a whole (which includes the movies, since he got pointers from the story group)?
@rawpowah  
I'm pretty sure he means in the comic. Considering what he said about working with the storygroup, it doesn't sound like he knows the full story of TRoS, otherwise why wouldn't they tell him why he had to change certain things?
@Moonlight13

That's how I interpreted it as well - that what he knows is tragic for Ben to Ren only (due to the explanation that the Story Group only tells authors what they need to know, and nothing more).

This is promising good news for Bendemption because the goal is to feel and emphasize compassion and empathy for Ben during his fall and transition to Kylo Ren. Smile
@rawpowah - my guess is he is referring to Ben Solo's story that he is responsible for writing only - Soule says he is writing from Ben to Ren.
This is 'the rise of Kylo Ren', but at the same time, it's also could have equally been titled 'The Descent of Ben Solo' - that seems like a pretty tragic story to me.

@Moonlight13 - I agree!

@SW_Heroine_Journey Indeed, very promising for Bendemption!

SanghaRen wrote:I finally finished Thrawn Treason. As usual the “side”characters are as fascinating as Thrawn: Admiral Ar’alani, Eli Vanto, Ronan. Second sight sounds close to what Rey and Kylo experienced in the interrogation scene in TFA. Seems like Ezra Bridger, wherever he went - darn, I hope we’ll know one day - probably saved Thrawn from a grim fate, even if he had won the Lothal battle.
@SanghaRen - thanks for sharing your thoughts SanghaRen, this is really helpful to hear  - when there is so much content it can be hard to get to everything straight away. I'll put this audiobook on the  B list for now. lol.

Okay - three posts from me in a row, now I am really going to look like a star wars nerd.  Embarassed  lol.
I finally have some time to comment about the Snoke Age of Resistance issue.. I thought this issue was great. I mean how could it not be!
If this focus of this issue was Snoke, it was really about how Snoke was cruel, arrogant, he over-estimated himself.. and under-estimated Kylo Ren. Hmm Rey said almost the same thing in the Throne room! It's appropriate that the throne room dialogue be referenced here because this issue set ups up a previous time when Kylo/Ben had managed to fool Snoke and get away with it. Which puts the throne room in a new light: Kylo actually had already, at least once, been able to deceive Snoke. So he knew how to do it when the perfect moment came to strike in TLJ.
So while he was flying by the seat of his pants, he did have one experience in his past that he knew could effectively trick Snoke. Very interesting!

Another reference to the Throne room is the scene the comic opens with - Snoke lifting Kylo up and dangling him using the force. Like Snoke did to Rey.. Only, when Kylo experienced this he was left to die, or figure out a way to save himself.

So here's random thoughts on the issue working my way through the story:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Snoke110
Lots of allusion to TLJ dialogue here.. but also - the prominence of that ring throughout the comic is very curious. Might mean nothing, and LFL know it's going to stoke Snoke theories.. who knows. Also, can I just say it's flippin hilarious to see Snoke traipsing around the galaxy in his gold robe?!
Kylo/Ben can save himself during a long fall? Hmmm could this be useful to know in TROS?
Or ahem.. maybe it is not Kylo/Ben who will survive a fall but a certain Palpatine may be revealed to have... ahem..

- I find it interesting that Kylo/Ben is calling his Supreme Leader Snoke - he doesn't call him master here at the start.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Snoke210
- Also interesting to see Snoke talk of Kylo/Ben ruling 'by his side' - hmmmm was this what Kylo had in mind with Rey?

All the stuff about the helmet, Snoke hitting Kylo/Ben and pretending to be Vader was not really new to me.. kinda what I expected.. but I did like seeing the reference to pretending I guess.

Dagobah?! pretty awesome!!!! I don't guess much so I'm stoked I guessed this- even now ha!

So what does everyone make of what we learn of Snoke's relationship to Luke?
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Snoke_10
It almost feels like Snoke knows him. but.. tells us nothing really lol.
'He is weak' means Kylo knows Luke isn't dead at this point. I do wonder when he found out...

Kylo enters the Dagobah tree cave and has a force vision of Luke. He faces his worst fear: Luke. Which really is the definition of tragic isn't it?!
He slays the Luke in the vision.. and we see Snoke outside the cave seeming to know what's taking place in the cave, feeling Kylo's decision..
Snoke speaks to Kylo/Ben throughout his battle with vision Luke..
Snoke says: "I sense your decision. good. Skywalker would have murdered you in your sleep. Because your uncle feared you. Feared how formidible you could become. Rise above what's holding you back. Strike. Strike against the light side within you. Strike!"
-interesting.. so there is a battle going on within Kylo/Ben too.. not just against luke.

Once he has done struck down Vision Luke - Kylo calls Snoke 'Master'. How interesting.

Ahhhh Ben sees his parents.. so he hasn't been able to strike down that light inside him quite yet..
They drew Ben sooo young here!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Snoke_11
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Snoke_12

So again, Snoke is speaking to Kylo from outside the cave:
"I feel the struggle within you, Defeat it. Yes. I feel your lightsaber ignite. I feel the decision you have made. That's it. Yes! Kill the connection. Snuff it out!'  
We see Kylo/ Ben lash out with his lightsaber inside the cave as Snoke speaks, and his lightsaber hits the tree/cave inside..
Seems Kylo/Ben decided to 'kill the connection' by killing the tree, but not by killing his parents. and he manages to cover it all up by just destroying the whole set up. lol.

This time, Snoke outside is fooled. And calls him 'my apprentice' - hmmm sees this was a crucial test to truly take on the mantle of Snoke's apprentice.
Which begs the question - what about his other apprentice? did he bring them here too?
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Snoke610
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Snoke_14
Kylo/Ben is defiant... and he seems to have fooled Snoke, and passed the test..

He also seems to have not struck down his light side! Which sets up Bendemption very nicely IMHO Laughing
Thanks for giving me a space to relax and enjoy some star wars downtime.. bye!
sunny

Last edited by DeeBee on Fri 20 Sep 2019, 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed image)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by DeeBee Sat 21 Sep 2019, 4:12 am

hiya. Came across this article from screen rant with some more info on The Rise of Kylo Ren comic.. It's new to me.. so maybe it's new to you too..
A few interesting quotes and a new cover revealed..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Star-Wars-Rise-of-Kylo-Ren-Comic-Cover

quotes from Charles Soule:
"You know, Ben Solo is tragic. The potential of him from the day he was born, everyone around him saw or thought they saw what he could be. So he was put in all these different paths, and we've kind of seen how that's gone wrong in the films so far. This is a story about Ben Solo, understanding some of the choices he made."

"Any significant change in Star Wars, that isn't just a little shade of a character that we know really well, it's vetted to make sure that it feels like Star Wars, that it fits within the Star Wars Universe, that it balances within the story universe, and that isn't in conflict with the Story Group. So you're in this weird game of chess with invisible chess players, you can't see the moves, and the only people who have a sense of the board are not really playing it with the story.

Sometimes Star Wars stories are like telling a great story and having a great time playing in this sandbox. And other times, Star Wars jobs are like 'OK, we'll give you an incredibly key piece of the overall mythology that you have to nail.' You guys would not be very happy with me if I screw this up. And everyone here might not be very happy with the choices that I made."
sunny
edited to add: Marvel is listing the release date of issue one as 18 December - (as of yesterday).
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 24 Sep 2019, 6:27 am

The more I think about Star Wars the more there is to enjoy!,
Just wanted to mention that I love how when Ben was in the Dagobah tree cave - in this moment his parents appeared in a vision declaring their love for him.... and in response Ben didn’t strike them down as he had done with the Luke vision, he couldn’t. Because he couldn’t strike down his parents- this actually led to Ben figuring out how to defeat Snoke, and ultimately contributed to the throne room and IMHO his journey back to the light... very touching! When LFL is able to do this in a comic? I have zero doubt they are going to deliver a satisfying meaningful end to this saga!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 24 Sep 2019, 2:46 pm

@DeeBee

I am so excited for the Rise of Kylo Ren comics. I can’t wait. What  surprises me the most is “The Knights of Ren await” I am sure it was indeed mentioned somewhere long ago that the Knights of Ren existed before Kylo became their master, but I thought that maybe this had beenchanged and Kylo founded the KoR with the students who followed him. I do hope we get an answer in TRoS. It doesn’t have to be detailed, but it would bug me if we come out of TRoS still not really knowing who the KoR are.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 B7731210

A few hours left to the Kylo Age of Resistance comic!
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 26 Sep 2019, 4:56 pm

I am very annoyed: stupid German Amazon hasn’t issued the Age of Resistance Kylo yet. Someone obviously forgot to do their job because it’s in the UK store Censored Imagine if they do that when The Rise of Kylo Ren comes out, I will be very angry.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 04 Oct 2019, 9:35 am

Book reveals should occur today, including - hopefully - Project Luminous!

The Lucasfilm Publishing panel at NYCC will occur at 1:45pm ET. People you trust will live tweet (I don't think Sleemo will be there, yet she will definitely retweet them).

Also, the Penguin Random House Youtube channel will eventually post it. If same as last year, it will be today/same day! Very Happy Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4OnzY1OgwUE0XPAHpqlcvQ
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 04 Oct 2019, 11:35 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey - thanks for the heads up!

I've been watching the SDCC publishing panel this morning.. better late than never. I'm glad I did though because I've learned a little more about the Kevin Shinick book titled 'Force Collector'. He says the book refers to Batuu.
- I hadn't heard that anywhere before, or maybe I missed it! He mentioned Batuu is a place where there are lots of antiques and force items which the main character is really into... so I think the Force Collector either visits Batuu during the story, or it will be referenced as being visited.. interesting since we know so little about this book.
Here is what Kevin Shinick goes on to say about this book (toward the end of the panel). I've typed it out verbatim, like pretty like verbatim.
Kevin Shinick wrote:
"this kid gets these massive headaches and he doesn't know why. When he touches an object he can see the object's history. And everybody thinks he's got like a brain tumor. But his grandmother is like 'no I think you might have the force, you just don't know how to use it.' And he's like. 'well what is that?!' and she like, tells him about the Jedi, and 'well I've got to find one to help me'. and she's like- 'well, they're all dead'. But ummm 'how do I go about this' and she's like 'I think if you go out into the world and try and find objects and interview people and find out these things life will be your master, and teach you the way.' " and " he's trying to find out who the Jedi were."
The host of the panel says the book is a fun read 'especially knowing the history that we know... and seeing these two kids stumble their way through it. I mean 'no no that's not that, that's that!'
Kevin: "Exactly, that's the fun of it, because we know things they don't know, but it's not like we're ahead of them, it's just kinda like you wanna guide them along the way and sometimes they'll have the right answer, sometimes we'll laugh at the answers they think the know. you know. because again, just like our own history you're going to get multiple answers to who was right, who was wrong, who these people were, the legendary tales that were told about them, so it's kinda a fun journey, which goes along the way."  
So interesting that they start off talking about this kid needing to go on a journey of discovery, but then they start talking about two kids-  seems he doesn't go on this journey alone and someone is along with him helping him try and figure it out. very curious.. sounds like he travels to find Jedi objects, touch them, see their histories and then try and form an understanding of who the Jedi were and what is the force... very interesting..

I would love for this character with his special force ability to get his hands on Rey's Jedi texts!!!! whoa..

Cavan Scott mentioned re his upcoming Poe and Finn choose your own adventure book that it's set between TLJ and TROS
Cavan Scott wrote: "they need quite a lot of medical equipment very quickly and so they are sent to a place where one of the last um Bacta plants are. Unfortunately the first order have got there first."

Rebecca Roanhorse writer of Resistance reborn says when asked about the book: "Poe is in it. and Leia and Rey.. it bridges the time between TLJ and TROS and there are some adventures." [lol she's very tight lipped about saying anything of the plot!]
the host of the panel says resistance reborn is especially required reading for TROS, and "everyone was blown away by how intense, how incredible, how much fun it was, so I think you guys are in for a real treat."

Moving on... The new tease about project luminous is curious..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Project-luminous-slide-nycc
SOURCE
I'm at the point where my interest is about to wane if they keep on with this teasing...
Maybe with the new panel my interest will be renewed!
Maybe this is about the direction of the Jedi post TROS..
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 05 Oct 2019, 1:02 am

DeeBee wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey - thanks for the heads up!

I've been watching the SDCC publishing panel this morning.. better late than never. I'm glad I did though because I've learned a little more about the Kevin Shinick book titled 'Force Collector'. He says the book refers to Batuu.
- I hadn't heard that anywhere before, or maybe I missed it! He mentioned Batuu is a place where there are lots of antiques and force items which the main character is really into... so I think the Force Collector either visits Batuu during the story, or it will be referenced as being visited.. interesting since we know so little about this book.
Here is what Kevin Shinick goes on to say about this book (toward the end of the panel). I've typed it out verbatim, like pretty like verbatim.
Kevin Shinick wrote:
"this kid gets these massive headaches and he doesn't know why. When he touches an object he can see the object's history. And everybody thinks he's got like a brain tumor. But his grandmother is like 'no I think you might have the force, you just don't know how to use it.' And he's like. 'well what is that?!' and she like, tells him about the Jedi, and 'well I've got to find one to help me'. and she's like- 'well, they're all dead'. But ummm 'how do I go about this' and she's like 'I think if you go out into the world and try and find objects and interview people and find out these things life will be your master, and teach you the way.' " and " he's trying to find out who the Jedi were."
The host of the panel says the book is a fun read 'especially knowing the history that we know... and seeing these two kids stumble their way through it. I mean 'no no that's not that, that's that!'
Kevin: "Exactly, that's the fun of it, because we know things they don't know, but it's not like we're ahead of them, it's just kinda like you wanna guide them along the way and sometimes they'll have the right answer, sometimes we'll laugh at the answers they think the know. you know. because again, just like our own history you're going to get multiple answers to who was right, who was wrong, who these people were, the legendary tales that were told about them, so it's kinda a fun journey, which goes along the way."  
So interesting that they start off talking about this kid needing to go on a journey of discovery, but then they start talking about two kids-  seems he doesn't go on this journey alone and someone is along with him helping him try and figure it out. very curious.. sounds like he travels to find Jedi objects, touch them, see their histories and then try and form an understanding of who the Jedi were and what is the force... very interesting..

I would love for this character with his special force ability to get his hands on Rey's Jedi texts!!!! whoa..

Cavan Scott mentioned re his upcoming Poe and Finn choose your own adventure book that it's set between TLJ and TROS
Cavan Scott wrote: "they need quite a lot of medical equipment very quickly and so they are sent to a place where one of the last um Bacta plants are. Unfortunately the first order have got there first."

Rebecca Roanhorse writer of Resistance reborn says when asked about the book: "Poe is in it. and Leia and Rey.. it bridges the time between TLJ and TROS and there are some adventures." [lol she's very tight lipped about saying anything of the plot!]
the host of the panel says resistance reborn is especially required reading for TROS, and "everyone was blown away by how intense, how incredible, how much fun it was, so I think you guys are in for a real treat."

Moving on... The new tease about project luminous is curious..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Project-luminous-slide-nycc
SOURCE
I'm at the point where my interest is about to wane if they keep on with this teasing...
Maybe with the new panel my interest will be renewed!
Maybe this is about the direction of the Jedi post TROS..
sunny
@DeeBee

I used to think the Force Collector was Dominic's character, yet the recently released photos of his character - and he appears very blaster type guy. lol I am intrigued how the Force Collector ties into TRoS - and if the character will be in the movie, or Force sensitive gifts that will be seen, as well.

I KNOW! The teasing continues! (slams forehead against desk lol) I think by the time they reveal Project Luminous, I won't care. lol I really wish they first spoke of it today, and something about it is spoilerish for TRoS.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 05 Oct 2019, 9:35 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote: ...
I KNOW! The teasing continues!  (slams forehead against desk lol) I think by the time they reveal Project Luminous, I won't care. lol  I really wish they first spoke of it today, and something about it is spoilerish for TRoS.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Ugh!!! new year?!  Rolling Eyes Okay I'm kinda over the teasing!!

edited to add:
Anyone found the lucasfilm publishing panel at NYCC 2019 online yet? help?
I'm seeing lots of articles but not the actual panel.

Hoorah I'm happy to see Poe's guilt over his actions in TLJ will be explored in resistance reborn!

Last edited by DeeBee on Sat 05 Oct 2019, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 05 Oct 2019, 11:08 pm

DeeBee wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote: ...
I KNOW! The teasing continues!  (slams forehead against desk lol) I think by the time they reveal Project Luminous, I won't care. lol  I really wish they first spoke of it today, and something about it is spoilerish for TRoS.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Ugh!!! new year?!  Rolling Eyes Okay I'm kinda over the teasing!!

edited to add:
Anyone found the lucasfilm publishing panel at NYCC 2019 online yet? help?
I'm seeing lots of articles but not the actual panel.

Hoorah I'm happy to see Poe's guilt over his actions in TLJ will be explored in resistance reborn!
@DeeBee

They say in January we'll have more details, so my feeling of "this is too much teasing" can tolerate that.  More than that though, I'm done seeking out the information.  Then, it will need to cross my path and excite me!  I really wish they introduced Project Luminous at NYCC.

I haven't found it video uploaded yet.  Which is so odd!  I continue to look! I hope it's eventually available. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 10 Oct 2019, 5:17 am

Hi Everyone! The Allegiance comic issue 1 of 4 has just been released.. so thought I'd share a few snippets and random thoughts.

So the issue opens with a look at a Ice planet  Tah'Nuhna - Interesting! A mention here of the Hundred-year Darkness..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 100_ye10
timing is very curious!!! Very interesting to see it get a mention in the journey to TROS!
Tah'Nuhna get a distress signal out before it's blown up by Hux. Connix receives it and passes it on to Leia. Tah'Nuhna welcomed the resistance after they escaped Crait and they've been obliterated.

Cool to see a Vi Moradi mention scouting a new base gets a mention.
Leia decides it's time to act.. and leave the garbage planet they've been hiding on (Anoat). Chewie, Leia, and Rose set off to collect rose in the MF.
Rey who is bored. lol. Go Rey! She fights the beast for fun, not really intending it harm.. she uses the force to throw stuff at it..
Interesting she notes she is finding it hard to focus and I guess use the force more effectively. Something is off with Rey huh..
An interesting comment of Rey's as she talks to the beast:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Not_yo10
might be a hint of her arc in TROS. I love how this is worded - could also apply to Ben Solo.. ahem.
What is the thing she has lost?
I'm wondering if it is the loss of Luke that made the resistance special.. but I'm really not sure at this point what to make of it..

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Mental10
very curious indeed.. no idea what to do with that for now.. Thoughts? Anyway, the MF stops by to pick her up. rolling in garbage? she must stink!

On to Finn and Poe's mission - ah!!! the gang from the Galaxy's Edge comic are seen in this issue, and report to the first order that they have spotted Finn! Nice continuity. [this issue is before the Galaxy's Edge comic events]. Poe says he will pick up 'Norik and Oron' and meet Finn at the hangar (we don't see these two characters do we know them?)
Anyway, that shape shifter, from Kendoh's gang- he touches shoulders with Finn. whooooo
I'm wondering if  Kendoh's gang are going to try and pass off the shapeshifter as Finn to collect the money and then run. It's currently set up like the first order is about to get good info on Finn. but I'm not so sure..

Kylo is on the finalizer.. again..
Kylo lookin good with his hair!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Finali10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Finali11
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Finali12
he is soooo focused on hunting down the resistance. whooooooo..
The comic ends with the MF arriving at Mon Cala, but not to a warm welcome.. and we are left on a cliffhanger..
nothing terribly exciting here, but still a fun read and always great to see what Rey and Kylo are up to between TLJ and TROS!
Anyone like to share their thoughts on this comic?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 10 Oct 2019, 8:10 am

DeeBee wrote:Hi Everyone! The Allegiance comic issue 1 of 4 has just been released.. so thought I'd share a few snippets and random thoughts.

So the issue opens with a look at a Ice planet  Tah'Nuhna - Interesting! A mention here of the Hundred-year Darkness..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 100_ye10
timing is very curious!!! Very interesting to see it get a mention in the journey to TROS!
Tah'Nuhna get a distress signal out before it's blown up by Hux. Connix receives it and passes it on to Leia. Tah'Nuhna welcomed the resistance after they escaped Crait and they've been obliterated.

Cool to see a Vi Moradi mention scouting a new base gets a mention.
Leia decides it's time to act.. and leave the garbage planet they've been hiding on (Anoat). Chewie, Leia, and Rose set off to collect rose in the MF.
Rey who is bored. lol. Go Rey! She fights the beast for fun, not really intending it harm.. she uses the force to throw stuff at it..
Interesting she notes she is finding it hard to focus and I guess use the force more effectively. Something is off with Rey huh..
An interesting comment of Rey's as she talks to the beast:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Not_yo10
might be a hint of her arc in TROS. I love how this is worded - could also apply to Ben Solo.. ahem.
What is the thing she has lost?
I'm wondering if it is the loss of Luke that made the resistance special.. but I'm really not sure at this point what to make of it..

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Mental10
very curious indeed.. no idea what to do with that for now.. Thoughts? Anyway, the MF stops by to pick her up. rolling in garbage? she must stink!

On to Finn and Poe's mission - ah!!! the gang from  the Galaxy's Edge comic are seen in this issue, and report to the first order that they have spotted Finn! Nice continuity. [this issue is before the Galaxy's Edge comic events]. Poe says he will pick up 'Norik and Oron' and meet Finn at the hangar (we don't see these two characters do we know them?)
Anyway, that shape shifter, from Kendoh's gang- he touches shoulders with Finn. whooooo
I'm wondering if  Kendoh's gang are going to try and pass off the shapeshifter as Finn to collect the money and then run. It's currently set up like the first order is about to get good info on Finn. but I'm not so sure..

Kylo is on the finalizer.. again..
Kylo lookin good with his hair!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Finali10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Finali11
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Finali12
he is soooo focused on hunting down the resistance. whooooooo..
The comic ends with the MF arriving at Mon Cala, but not to a warm welcome.. and we are left on a cliffhanger..
nothing terribly exciting here, but still a fun read and always great to see what Rey and Kylo are up to between TLJ and TROS!
Anyone like to share their thoughts on this comic?
@DeeBee

I'm not really a comic reader, but I have two cents to give... Razz The bit with Rey and the monster seems to be 100% actually about Ben. (People who sacrificed for him [Han], making a mental connection, ending in a draw)

My guess on the one thing that Rey lost that made her special... She lost her role as the person who "saved" the Skywalker bad boy. I kind of feel that she was banking on that in TLJ based both on her conversation with Luke about how he saved Vader and on her conviction that her Force vision was about her helping Ben to turn.

I hope Rey's character arc in TRoS will be about her recognizing all the beautiful things about herself that really aren't in relation to other people.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 10 Oct 2019, 2:52 pm

@DeeBee @12 Parsnips

I am not a comic reader but Ben Solo is going to be my downfall especially with my disappointment with toys and magazines showing him with the helm. Seeing that he is in the Allegiance comic, I will buy and read it this WE. I am rooting for his redemption and was on my first viewing shocked by the Supreme Leader turn of event in TLJ, but I must say that I do now enjoy Supreme Leader Kylo Ren being bossy Very Happy
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 13 Oct 2019, 1:25 am

I thought the Kylo Ren comic was awesome, despite only seeing a mask less Kylo twice....at least we also get shirtless Kylo.

Regarding his all consuming need to destroy the Resistance.....I actually think he sees them as terrorists. We see freedom fighters, he sees insurgents.
Regarding Rey's disappointment that she didn't'save' Kylo....I think there are two reasons for this.
Vader was a hollow, broken man. There was nothing left except the ashes of his love for Padme. Then he saw not only his son, but hers. It awakened the last spark of humanity left in him.

Kylo is very different. He's an abuse victim who's just defeated his abuser, and what he wants is to be his own man. And he thinks bringing a new order to the galaxy will help him be that.....not that 'weird' kid whose parents don't want him, or the freak the officers of the FO see him as. Being leader of the FO is to him a way of being strong. He also has a child's naivety in thinking that he can use a totalitarian regime to do something positive.
Rey meanwhile is also naive. She thinks that 'saving' Ben means getting him to turn his back on the FO, taking him with her to the Resistance and they'll welcome him, give him a big hug and everything will be sweetness and light.
Yeah, right. What they'd do is put him on trial for war crimes. In fact Poe would in all likelihood happily shoot him. And Leia....I honestly wonder what she would do. Leia might be his mother but knowing her son was on Starkiller didn't stop her from giving the go ahead to destroy it. Vader died before he could face the consequences of his choices.
I was actually hoping that they would show the Resistance as not the'saints' Rey believes them to be. We see Kylo dealing with the aftermath of his decision, maybe we will also see Rey. Maybe the comics can do that.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Empty Super Evil Kylo Ren...

Post by DeeBee Thu 17 Oct 2019, 3:49 am

If I know this forum, this is the part of the new allegiance comic most will want shared straight away..
Here is the Kylo-centric snippets.. Get ready Reylos.... super evil Kylo has arrived in the lead up to TROS!  
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Fondor10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Fondor11
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Fondor12
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Fondor13

I'll try and get back on the weekend to give Rey and the Resistance some love...
YMMV, for me - evil Kylo is gonna make Bendemption even sweeter!
Stay strong reylos!
bye! sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 17 Oct 2019, 9:40 am

Actually, what I see here the the spurned lover again!
He thinks Rey hates him. He thinks he's a monster. Deciding he'll never have her, he's chosen to remain the monster.
Here I go with The Vikings again, and Kirk Douglas's Einar telling Janet Leigh's Morgana: "If I can't have your love I'll take your hate."
Kylo's version would be: "You see me as a monster Rey - fine. I'll be one."
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Empty Allegiance Comic Issue 2 of 4

Post by DeeBee Sat 19 Oct 2019, 12:58 am

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Book reveals should occur today, including - hopefully - Project Luminous!
The Lucasfilm Publishing panel at NYCC will occur at 1:45pm ET.  People you trust will live tweet (I don't think Sleemo will be there, yet she will definitely retweet them).
Also, the Penguin Random House Youtube channel will eventually post it.  If same as last year, it will be today/same day! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey
Maybe this was up ages ago lol.. but just wanted to mention - the NYCC 2019 authors panel is now on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAEeCVmw82hWZJpNGm5awnDIDg4TfGvzU
I haven't watched it yet!
@12 Parsnips  -I enjoy hearing your 2 cents!! Yeahhhh I'm finding this very curious - Great to hear your thoughts!
I am not sure what to make of Rey here… yet! I’m going to let this one sit for a while. Lol.  

@SanghaRen  -Hello! I wonder what you make of issue 2? I have a theory about what’s going on with Kylo/Ben – he does indeed seem to have continued to do ‘bad’ things post TLJ.
I think the option of us having a benevolent Kylo Ren Supreme Leader after the end of the Last Jedi is no longer an option thanks to this content… but maybe I should come back to this in a bit when talking about Issue 2.
I am rooting for Bendemption too! I still think we will get it.

@motherofpearl1 - Yes I really enjoyed the Kylo comic too – way better than the Rey one.. and I love Rey’s character and always eat up her content. I thought the Rose issue was better than the Rey issue of Age of Resistance..

I don’t know if Rey’s disappointment is that she didn’t save Kylo – this is a theory 12 Parsnips has suggested, which may be spot on, but at this point for me it’s not clear what that part was referring to.
Rey learned her lesson by the end of TLJ and this comic is set post TLJ so I don’t see it revisiting those lessons.. but.. we’ll see!

Star Wars being opaque? Cryptic? Obscure? Vague? Yeah.. sounds about right! Very Happy  I have noticed this seems to be the case with these short comic series – things don’t seem to come together till the final issue.. Cool

So moving on to Allegiance issue 2 and I finally get a chance to read it properly and share some thoughts.. I think the plot here is quite
ideological/political.. and it may be relevant to the set up for TROS. So I'll be going into the plot of this issue more than I probably usually would. sorry if this is a bit long!!

Issue 2 opens with the MF arriving at Mon Cala to... not a warm welcome. Love Rose pulling the gun. Go Rose. This Chadkol doesn’t like what the rebellion did – and seems to blame them for his family being ‘tortured and killed under the yoke of Imperial Oppression’.
Interesting to be reminded that not every planet welcomed resisting the Empire, and some people still believe they could have lived under them and avoided trouble if it weren't for those pesky rebels!

Love fiesty Rey with her staff challenging this Chadkol.  A fight is avoided when a friendly face shows up.. seems it’s Admiral Ackbar’s son, named Aftab.. cool.. so okay, I'm learning! I haven’t consumed canon related to Mon Cala though I know there is tons out there..  
Mon Cala seems to have two species with two views on the Empire/Rebellion..  so we have the Mon Calamari (Ackbar and Aftab’s species) and we have the Quarren (the species of Chadkol). Lovely to see Leia getting some love and a boost from Aftab! Off Leia and Aftab go to pay their respects to a mourning shrine under water.

The comment from Aftab in reply to Leia is interesting..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Mourni10
Sounds like a similar experience to Kylo/Ben – parents off fighting a war..
Only Aftab embraced what his father stood for.
Kylo/Ben at some point.. rejected it.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Mourni11
I guess the Admiral Ackbar fans are going to be happy with this…

LOL at Chewie, Rey, C-3PO and Rose being along for the ride.. they look pretty funny in that underwater ship!
I love that Rey is wanting to be in the middle of the action! She is not a natural politician!
This is interesting.. ‘some kind of last link to the Jedi or something’ – she knows she has a significant role to play but isn’t sure what it is yet.. or what this Jedi thing is going to be.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_10
Awh. Love seeing Rose thinking of Finn.. and Rey being a comfort!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_11
On to the moon of Avedot. The bounty hunting gang have followed Finn there.. I confess this part is not super interesting to me. They find some old rebellion fighter ships.. and Poe leaves the group to go look further at the facility with BB-8.
Okay this part is interesting:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_12
Who is his contact? This ‘she’? This – maybe Zorii?! Whoever his contact is, he certainly trusts them…

This is where we see the First order terrorising Fondor – which I shared HERE
Fondor didn’t even help the resistance, but they also didn’t tell the First order about it .. so that’s treason enough.
So where the Empire left Fondor shipyards to be independent allies, Supreme Leader Kylo Ren wants to be tougher. The violence here of decapitating this dude steals the show a bit lol. But for me the idea that Kylo Ren is aiming to be tougher than the Empire is and wants the galaxy to know it.
What I didn’t share above is that Kylo’s dialogue continues over into the next section back on Mon Cala.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_13
He says ‘We have learned from the mistakes of the Empire – they were too lenient. The resistance is looking to replenish their lost ships and weapons… it is imperative they find none. (beheads the dude from Fondor) Make sure the word is spread from here --- [new part continued on next page] – to the farthest corner of the galaxy.”
The beheading certainly seems to back this up as being more than just words. IMHO possibly a very significant stance politically.. but I might head over to TROS predictions thread to discuss that..

Back to Mon Cala Leia goes with Aftab while she sends Rey, Rose and C-3PO back to the MF and Chewie.
Leia is at her witty best!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_14
Leia appeals to the Mon Cala king for his assistance..
And.. Chadkol raises Leia’s father Darth Vader.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_15
Ugh.. brings all that angst from Bloodlines back! Poor Leia. Here in Star Wars we again see judgements being passed on people based on who their parents were – regardless of how they may have lived their own lives..

And the big clanger here is left unsaid – this is right after we saw Supreme Leader of the First Order Kylo Ren literally beheading someone who dared not help the resistance but also not tell the first order about it! And.. the Mon Cala have no idea it is Leia's son who is now Supreme Leader of the first order!!! This is dripping with sad irony.. and my heart breaks for Leia. Cry  More and more I see that this family is cursed!!! Tragic.. and this has got to be resolved in TROS!!! At the same time, Leia never quits, she never gives up - I wonder if in TROS we will see that Kylo/Ben has inherited this quality!!!! Who would have thought a comic could be so inspiring? Well it is to me!!! Embarassed

Back to Avedot, and the bounty hunters make their move.. They don’t get Finn.. but kill all the others and so Finn rushes off to find Poe and BB-8.
By the way, cool to see that Finn seemed to be giving the orders in this little resistance team.. before they all got killed. Lol. Laughing
Poe finds what he was looking for..weapons!
Finn, Poe and BB-8 hunker down in the room, but there’s only one way in and out – through the bounty hunters. This is interesting:
The bounty hunters yell through the blast door: ‘Finn, this is your only chance to surrender. You’re worth more alive than dead, but we get paid either way…’ The first order’s price is higher if they are brought in alive!!!  

Chadkol and the Quarren decide to contact the first order behind the back of the King. And a gang of Quarren confront the gang at the MF.
Fierce Rey takes them on!! Seems at this point – she hasn’t fixed her light saber yet. [she says she doesn't have it] Interesting.. [My guess? She won’t fix it till she gets to Batuu and Savi’s workshop! Lol] Chewie holds his own.. So does Rose with her zapper thingy!
But.. lots of focus here visually on Rey taking on multiple combatants (visually very similar to the fight on Jakku, and the throne room!).

We see a droid camera watching this fight.. and Chadkol can see.. he patches through a message to..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_16
General Hux!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_17
So, will Hux tell Kylo Ren?! Or try and capture them on his own??
EEK!!

Well what do you guys make of this?

motherofpearl1 wrote:Actually, what I see here the the spurned lover again!
He thinks Rey hates him. He thinks he's a monster. Deciding he'll never have her, he's chosen to remain the monster.
Here I go with The Vikings again, and Kirk Douglas's Einar telling Janet Leigh's Morgana: "If I can't have your love I'll take your hate."
@motherofpearl1
– Maybe! I don’t know what Kylo thinks – he may think Rey hates him. Or maybe he thinks he hates her. At this point, it’s wide open what he could be thinking.
I can’t wait to see how Star Wars pulls all this off!

The politics which have come up in the plot of issue 2 are super interesting and got me thinking about what could be happening in TROS.. I might head to the speculation thread to share ideas sparked by this issue.
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 19 Oct 2019, 1:31 am

DeeBee wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Book reveals should occur today, including - hopefully - Project Luminous!
The Lucasfilm Publishing panel at NYCC will occur at 1:45pm ET.  People you trust will live tweet (I don't think Sleemo will be there, yet she will definitely retweet them).
Also, the Penguin Random House Youtube channel will eventually post it.  If same as last year, it will be today/same day! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey
Maybe this was up ages ago lol.. but just wanted to mention - the NYCC 2019 authors panel is now on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAEeCVmw82hWZJpNGm5awnDIDg4TfGvzU
I haven't watched it yet!
@12 Parsnips  -I enjoy hearing your 2 cents!! Yeahhhh I'm finding this very curious - Great to hear your thoughts!
I am not sure what to make of Rey here… yet! I’m going to let this one sit for a while. Lol.  

@SanghaRen  -Hello! I wonder what you make of issue 2? I have a theory about what’s going on with Kylo/Ben – he does indeed seem to have continued to do ‘bad’ things post TLJ.
I think the option of us having a benevolent Kylo Ren Supreme Leader after the end of the Last Jedi is no longer an option thanks to this content… but maybe I should come back to this in a bit when talking about Issue 2.
I am rooting for Bendemption too! I still think we will get it.

@motherofpearl1 - Yes I really enjoyed the Kylo comic too – way better than the Rey one.. and I love Rey’s character and always eat up her content. I thought the Rose issue was better than the Rey issue of Age of Resistance..

I don’t know if Rey’s disappointment is that she didn’t save Kylo – this is a theory 12 Parsnips has suggested, which may be spot on, but at this point for me it’s not clear what that part was referring to.
Rey learned her lesson by the end of TLJ and this comic is set post TLJ so I don’t see it revisiting those lessons.. but.. we’ll see!

Star Wars being opaque? Cryptic? Obscure? Vague? Yeah.. sounds about right! Very Happy  I have noticed this seems to be the case with these short comic series – things don’t seem to come together till the final issue.. Cool

So moving on to Allegiance issue 2 and I finally get a chance to read it properly and share some thoughts.. I think the plot here is quite
ideological/political.. and it may be relevant to the set up for TROS. So I'll be going into the plot of this issue more than I probably usually would. sorry if this is a bit long!!

Issue 2 opens with the MF arriving at Mon Cala to... not a warm welcome. Love Rose pulling the gun. Go Rose. This Chadkol doesn’t like what the rebellion did – and seems to blame them for his family being ‘tortured and killed under the yoke of Imperial Oppression’.
Interesting to be reminded that not every planet welcomed resisting the Empire, and some people still believe they could have lived under them and avoided trouble if it weren't for those pesky rebels!

Love fiesty Rey with her staff challenging this Chadkol.  A fight is avoided when a friendly face shows up.. seems it’s Admiral Ackbar’s son, named Aftab.. cool.. so okay, I'm learning! I haven’t consumed canon related to Mon Cala though I know there is tons out there..  
Mon Cala seems to have two species with two views on the Empire/Rebellion..  so we have the Mon Calamari (Ackbar and Aftab’s species) and we have the Quarren (the species of Chadkol). Lovely to see Leia getting some love and a boost from Aftab! Off Leia and Aftab go to pay their respects to a mourning shrine under water.

The comment from Aftab in reply to Leia is interesting..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Mourni10
Sounds like a similar experience to Kylo/Ben – parents off fighting a war..
Only Aftab embraced what his father stood for.
Kylo/Ben at some point.. rejected it.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Mourni11
I guess the Admiral Ackbar fans are going to be happy with this…

LOL at Chewie, Rey, C-3PO and Rose being along for the ride.. they look pretty funny in that underwater ship!
I love that Rey is wanting to be in the middle of the action! She is not a natural politician!
This is interesting.. ‘some kind of last link to the Jedi or something’ – she knows she has a significant role to play but isn’t sure what it is yet.. or what this Jedi thing is going to be.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_10
Awh. Love seeing Rose thinking of Finn.. and Rey being a comfort!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_11
On to the moon of Avedot. The bounty hunting gang have followed Finn there.. I confess this part is not super interesting to me. They find some old rebellion fighter ships.. and Poe leaves the group to go look further at the facility with BB-8.
Okay this part is interesting:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_12
Who is his contact? This ‘she’? This – maybe Zorii?! Whoever his contact is, he certainly trusts them…

This is where we see the First order terrorising Fondor – which I shared HERE
Fondor didn’t even help the resistance, but they also didn’t tell the First order about it .. so that’s treason enough.
So where the Empire left Fondor shipyards to be independent allies, Supreme Leader Kylo Ren wants to be tougher. The violence here of decapitating this dude steals the show a bit lol. But for me the idea that Kylo Ren is aiming to be tougher than the Empire is and wants the galaxy to know it.
What I didn’t share above is that Kylo’s dialogue continues over into the next section back on Mon Cala.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_13
He says ‘We have learned from the mistakes of the Empire – they were too lenient. The resistance is looking to replenish their lost ships and weapons… it is imperative they find none. (beheads the dude from Fondor) Make sure the word is spread from here --- [new part continued on next page] – to the farthest corner of the galaxy.”
The beheading certainly seems to back this up as being more than just words. IMHO possibly a very significant stance politically.. but I might head over to TROS predictions thread to discuss that..

Back to Mon Cala Leia goes with Aftab while she sends Rey, Rose and C-3PO back to the MF and Chewie.
Leia is at her witty best!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_14
Leia appeals to the Mon Cala king for his assistance..
And.. Chadkol raises Leia’s father Darth Vader.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_15
Ugh.. brings all that angst from Bloodlines back! Poor Leia. Here in Star Wars we again see judgements being passed on people based on who their parents were – regardless of how they may have lived their own lives..

And the big clanger here is left unsaid – this is right after we saw Supreme Leader of the First Order Kylo Ren literally beheading someone who dared not help the resistance but also not tell the first order about it! And.. the Mon Cala have no idea it is Leia's son who is now Supreme Leader of the first order!!! This is dripping with sad irony.. and my heart breaks for Leia. Cry  More and more I see that this family is cursed!!! Tragic.. and this has got to be resolved in TROS!!! At the same time, Leia never quits, she never gives up - I wonder if in TROS we will see that Kylo/Ben has inherited this quality!!!! Who would have thought a comic could be so inspiring? Well it is to me!!! Embarassed

Back to Avedot, and the bounty hunters make their move.. They don’t get Finn.. but kill all the others and so Finn rushes off to find Poe and BB-8.
By the way, cool to see that Finn seemed to be giving the orders in this little resistance team.. before they all got killed. Lol. Laughing
Poe finds what he was looking for..weapons!
Finn, Poe and BB-8 hunker down in the room, but there’s only one way in and out – through the bounty hunters. This is interesting:
The bounty hunters yell through the blast door: ‘Finn, this is your only chance to surrender. You’re worth more alive than dead, but we get paid either way…’ The first order’s price is higher if they are brought in alive!!!  

Chadkol and the Quarren decide to contact the first order behind the back of the King. And a gang of Quarren confront the gang at the MF.
Fierce Rey takes them on!! Seems at this point – she hasn’t fixed her light saber yet. [she says she doesn't have it] Interesting.. [My guess? She won’t fix it till she gets to Batuu and Savi’s workshop! Lol] Chewie holds his own.. So does Rose with her zapper thingy!
But.. lots of focus here visually on Rey taking on multiple combatants (visually very similar to the fight on Jakku, and the throne room!).

We see a droid camera watching this fight.. and Chadkol can see.. he patches through a message to..
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_16
General Hux!
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 21 Image_17
So, will Hux tell Kylo Ren?! Or try and capture them on his own??
EEK!!

Well what do you guys make of this?

motherofpearl1 wrote:Actually, what I see here the the spurned lover again!
@motherofpearl1
– Maybe! I don’t know what Kylo thinks – he may think Rey hates him. Or maybe he thinks he hates her. At this point, it’s wide open what he could be thinking.
I can’t wait to see how Star Wars pulls all this off!

The politics which have come up in the plot of issue 2 are super interesting and got me thinking about what could be happening in TROS.. I might head to the speculation thread to share ideas sparked by this issue.
sunny
@DeeBee

Thanks luv, I saw the SW one uploaded, yet it is not THE Lucasfilm Publishing Panel that was on Fri, 10/4. For whatever reason, it is not uploaded. This was one on Sat, 10/5 that was about the Journey to SW: The Rise of Skywalker and Galaxy Edge books.

It was an enjoyable watch, yet it isn't the one I really want to see. lol Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 19 Oct 2019, 1:43 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey - ah boooooo!!! If you see it can you tag me here and share the link?
Hopefully we'll get to see it eventually! sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 19 Oct 2019, 2:29 am

I think the reason they're giving Leia so much to do is because although there'll be very little Leia in the movie because of Carrie's sad passing, at least they can give her a big role on paper, which is a nice tribute to Carrie.
Yes, I've always seen the Skywalker line as, if not cursed, haunted by Vader's legacy. All three of the OT characters were scarred by what because. As a result they so obsessed by Ben not becoming his grandfather they ended up practically shoving him on the path to the dark side.
Lastly.... superb quality of art. If only the same artists can work on TROS adaptation. I was terribly disappointed with the artwork for TLJ.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 19 Oct 2019, 10:26 am

DeeBee wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey - ah boooooo!!! If you see it can you tag me here and share the link?
Hopefully we'll get to see it eventually! sunny
@DeeBee

Promise! I will! I've been pleading! I've tweeted Penguin Publishing, SW Books, I used the contact form at Penguin Publishing's website (they usually upload them) - nothing! They are ignoring me! cries..lol haha Very Happy Smile

Hopefully, it's eventually uploaded, and if so, I will share it here and tag you. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 24 Oct 2019, 5:21 am

Hello, Allegiance comic issue 3 of 4 has been released.. and just quickly thought I'd mention - there's no Kylo sighting..
I might discuss after issue 4 is released!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 24 Oct 2019, 9:01 am

So freaking excited

and I usually hate comics.

Can anyone tell me how comics work? lol

They put out a series of flimsy paper ones and then they compile them in to a hardcover book? (I bought the TFA one.) Trying to decide if I should hop on ordering each issue, or wait for a possible book release.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next