Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

+58
Gemini
12 Parsnips
special_cases
Lovely_Rose
Teo oswald
spacebaby45678
DeeBee
Man Without A Star
Starliteprism
LadyGaufrette
rey09
Geralt_Riv
MaddieDove
SW_Heroine_Journey
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
cherrylipstick
Saracene
loversinthestorm
rawpowah
Blood Moon
vaderito
whisperingwillow
nickandnora
Sparkle
BB-Rey
Kylo Rey
californiagirl
MrsWindu
kroi
ZioRen
Riri
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
Night Huntress
SkyStar
Tex
Helix
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kessel
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Cowgirlsamurai
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
jakkusun
SanghaRen
EchoBase
Armadeus
BastilaBey
CienaRee
Darth Rowan
panki
Moonjump05
Rimfaxe96
Sylvia Snow
MoonlitMoss
62 posters

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 27 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by DeeBee Fri 24 Mar 2023, 5:34 am

@motherofpearl1
March 1, 2023. Hyperspace Stories issue #4

I don’t mind Kylo paying loads for all the bounty hunters to be chasing Rey and Chewie, he did bad stuff around tlj/tros and there was a reason he needed to be redeemed. But! love always finds a way home? That leaves me queasy…

You find this snippet of goody Rey yuk?
It’s worse than this bit I shared lol. There’s a whole part where she chooses to save the bounty hunter from dying, because not trying to save her is ‘not the way of the force that Rey serves’.
(Rey the head Nun of the order of the force)
Comics are not subtle and this one may be more on the nose with the super goody Rey because it’s aimed at kids maybe. lol.
This is for me further reminder they need to resolve Ben’s and Rey’s ending for me to really have any buy in with Star Wars again.
Comics are free so occasionally I’ll be morbidly curious!

Hyperspace Stories comic edition #8 is due for release 7 June 2023- and will include Kylo, Hux and Snoke!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 27 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 24 Mar 2023, 7:20 am

Thanks for that...I think they are trying to make Rey out as so perfect because they stupidly decided she was a 'Palpatine', so are anxious to prove she is NOTHING like granddad...I wonder however, if the general feeling of revulsion so many of us here feel for what they are doing to her is shared by others?
I frequent a couple of other fan forums, many of who are lovely...there are however a lot of Finn and Rey fans who seem fine with Mary Sue Rey. There are rumours that she might be popping up in one of three forthcoming SW films and John Boyega is a lot happier these days with 'how he and Finn were treated by DLF' Rolling Eyes so he might be joining her, and their fans are super excited.
I have tried to be fair and theorised maybe I was alone - apart from here - in thinking that I am not interested in future material without Adam, but then again...remember the poll on the official SW site which he won by a landslide?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 10 Jun 2023, 8:21 pm

DeeBee wrote:

Hyperspace Stories comic edition #8 is due for release 7 June 2023- and will include Kylo, Hux and Snoke!
@DeeBee
I doubt I would have gotten the date so very wrong, but the release date for Hyperspace Stories #8 is now listed as 30 August, 2023. I wonder if it got pushed back... but then again, maybe I did mess up quite possible. haaa. WTH
A couple of times a year I'll take a look at the comics for free lol.

Worth a mention as this one has a Kylo Ren sighting..

Here's the blurb:
STAR WARS: HYPERSPACE STORIES #8
As the First Order grows in power, Supreme Leader Snoke dispatches Kylo Ren and General Hux to the planet Karaxis to enforce his will upon the populace. As Ren hunts a fugitive through the wilds, Hux works find a new, cruelly inventive way of enforcing compliance. But how far can the Karaxians be pushed, before they have nothing left to lose.
Source: https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3010-788/Star-Wars-Hyperspace-Stories-8

No cover art for it yet..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 16 Jul 2023, 2:29 am

I notice that post TROS they seem to be veering away from the 'sympathetic' portrayal of Kylo that was presented in The Rise of Kylo Ren.

Is someone there anxious to hammer home that he was the 'villain' of the ST, compared to St Rey? It's especially thought provoking when St Rey, Mother Superior of the New Jedi Order, Saviour of the Galaxy and Ultimate Example of the Purest Jedi Dogma, will be returning in a new film where once again she will be showcasing how magnificent she is.

Sorry about the sarcasm, SW seems to trigger it in me these days... Smile
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 02 Sep 2023, 5:41 am

Hello! Gosh it’s been ages since I gave SW a second thought!
Then, I noticed the hyperspace #8 comic issue was released this week, one I had been actually curious to read because it features Kylo and Hux… so rare to see any Kylo/Ben content..
Soooo I read it today 🫣 not sure what to make of it to be honest…
Firstly, it’s set before TLJ, and I think before TFA.
It starts with Snoke in his throne room on the supremacy…

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 27 Img_3911

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 27 Img_3912

Squabbles, they go to Karaxis, squabble some more,  Kylo reading minds, hux undermines him, and so while there is some Kylo violence it’s not aggressive or cruel, he’s seen twice walking away from ppl and letting them live. Hmmm and even says at one point to the leader of the Karaxis ppl and his family ‘I didn’t come here to harm you. I will if I must’ ( and he doesn’t).
Kylo even saves Hux’s life from a monster lol.
Check out what the front page says:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 27 Img_3913

If I had faith that DLF was careful and thoughtful in its story telling I’d be tempted to think they have turned down the violent Kylo monster vibes…

Kylo senses the Karaxis location is special in some way in the force. He doesn’t understand it, and the issue ends back in the throne room…  where snoke takes it as an opportunity it’s to belittle Kylo ugh…

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 27 Img_3910

I might be more interested if I thought anything would come of any of the detail here… overall, the comic doesn’t seem super interesting story wise, but also no murder slaughter by Kylo either…

I’d probably be more meh if I had paid money to read it…

Anyone else read it?
Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 02 Sep 2023, 1:02 pm

I haven't read it...I've stopped buying anything SW now, although I might check it out as Kylo's in it. I just keep getting bewildered as to why they are publishing stories about him after what they did - I suspect it's because they are regretting killing off their best character.

Does he ever take his helmet off?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 02 Sep 2023, 8:50 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I haven't read it...I've stopped buying anything SW now, although I might check it out as Kylo's in it. I just keep getting bewildered as to why they are publishing stories about him after what they did - I suspect it's because they are regretting killing off their best character.

Does he ever take his helmet off?
@motherofpearl1

No Kylo never takes his mask off in this issue.

I don’t spend $ on Star Wars either Razz
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 20 Oct 2023, 7:09 am

Nothing here relates to the sequel trilogy… wow.
https://www.starwars.com/news/nycc-2023-lucasfilm-publishing-panel
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 20 Oct 2023, 2:05 pm

Maybe because they know they ruined everything with TROS?

The ST was destroyed by that horrible film.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 26 Oct 2023, 6:11 pm

I think they're waiting for the Rey movie to do anything with books or comics. Even Mando etc. has very little spinoff material right now. I think they learned the lesson the hard way about when your tie-in print material doesn't match with the movie it's promoting. 90% of the authors who write Kylo go for knockoff Vader, once in a while someone does a more nuanced take.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27