Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

+58
Gemini
12 Parsnips
special_cases
Lovely_Rose
Teo oswald
spacebaby45678
DeeBee
Man Without A Star
Starliteprism
LadyGaufrette
rey09
Geralt_Riv
MaddieDove
SW_Heroine_Journey
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
cherrylipstick
Saracene
loversinthestorm
rawpowah
Blood Moon
vaderito
whisperingwillow
nickandnora
Sparkle
BB-Rey
Kylo Rey
californiagirl
MrsWindu
kroi
ZioRen
Riri
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
Night Huntress
SkyStar
Tex
Helix
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kessel
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Cowgirlsamurai
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
jakkusun
SanghaRen
EchoBase
Armadeus
BastilaBey
CienaRee
Darth Rowan
panki
Moonjump05
Rimfaxe96
Sylvia Snow
MoonlitMoss
62 posters

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by DeeBee Tue 15 Jun 2021, 5:50 pm

@KiraRen2015 @motherofpearl1 I’ve gotta run, just wanted to quickly mention the short story is now in maz’s section- see SW comics thread..
bye for now.
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 16 Jun 2021, 3:04 am

Thanks!

I've just been looking at the official SW site; they have a novel called Ronin coming out soon and it apparently features the adventures of an ex Sith...I can't help but think that could have been Ben's adventures post TROS if he'd lived.
Lord, such a wasted load of opportunities........
Now there's a youtube video going around saying Daisy is going to play Rey again in something....but it's Mike Zeroh, so it's probably FAF! Very Happy

I'm sorry, but I've just watched this trailer on the official SW site...and lord, I am so FURIOUS.
https://www.starwars.com/video/the-complete-skywalker-saga-on-disney
Just two glimpses of Kylo, both brief, one in full villain mode....but worse still, not. one. glimpse. of Ben Solo. Instead we see The Palpatine presented as a 'blood' Skywalker with her groupies trailing after her adoringly.

Are they deliberately trying to rub Ben/Kylo's fans noses in it? Because that is EXACTLY what it looks like to me.

I thought I'd got to the stage where nothing surprises me anymore...but I was wrong. So wrong. Mad

What I expected
http://thathashtagshow.com/2021/08/18/finn-prequel-sequel-star-wars-series-in-the-works-for-disney/
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 08 Oct 2021, 5:37 am

So yesterday was a big announcement by Lucasfilm of three books . Two regarding Obi wan and one about Luke & Lando’s adventures to help hide a family from the empire ( Rey and her family ) and also reveals Lando had a daughter . The author said there are things he can’t talk about when someone asked him about whether Ben Solo is in the book with Luke but it’s highly likely he is - since at this time he is already with uncle Luke as a teenager ( he goes to uncle Luke when he’s 10).
This begs the question-did he know Rey already from childhood ? This would tie in with the Anastasia story Lucasfilm is supposedly to have borrowed from and also did he or Luke tamper with Rey’s memories ?? I know this has been brought up many a time in the fandom and denied bur remember filmmakers/story tellers will deny all of fans are close to the truth as they’ve done it countless times ( especially with Star Wars ).
Remember in TFA kylo puts Rey to sleep in the forest and magically “reawakens” her memories of her parents on kijimi when she’s in his chambers via the force bond and does it like a sorcerer /magician casting a spell.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 0f28e710
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 Edb42110
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 7af8e210

https://www.starwars.com/news/new-books-revealed

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Fri 08 Oct 2021, 6:03 am

@AhsokaTano
It doesn't look like he will meet Rey. It seems it will just be Luke and Lando helping Rey nad her parents.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 08 Oct 2021, 6:45 am

Ahhh @Geralt_Riv
But we don’t know that for sure - look at the timeline :
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 B370ac10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 Adec5010

Ben would be on his travels accompanying Luke at this time . They aren’t going to reveal everything in the synopsis.
Luke begins training Ben in 15 ABY, Ben is 16 in 21 ABY when the book is set . He doesn’t fall to the dark side until 28 ABY.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 08 Oct 2021, 6:52 am

Whatever, I'm really glad for everyone on here who enjoys the 'spin offs', but I personally am not interested in 'prequels'....I want Ben back, not yet again another story set before his 'fall'.
As for Rey...sorry, I've had my fill of Holy Rey Palpwalker.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 08 Oct 2021, 7:00 am

More book news -Secrets of the Sith out October 12th :
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 3338fa10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 6c6f2c10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 8ad00410
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 41171e10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 62187a10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 Fa8f1810
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 08 Oct 2021, 7:36 am

Okay, I might just actually buy this as the artwork for Ben is outstanding, but I have zero interest in Holy Palpwalker and Her Amazing Friends.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Fri 08 Oct 2021, 7:52 am

@AhsokaTano
I know the timeline. I meant that Ben could stay at the Temple and Luke could go with just Lando on the mission. Based on what we know so far it could go either way. I just don't understand why keep Ben's involvement in the mission secret. It doesn't make sense for me. They could put him in the description if he goes with them. It isn't a spoiler really.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 08 Oct 2021, 9:04 am

Yes it could go either way totally Smile and maybe Ben gets to hear about Rey that way on the mission back or Luke keeps him in the dark like his family kept him in the dark about Vader . Guess we’ll find out nearer the time .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 09 Oct 2021, 3:49 am

I still can't quite get over how they killed Ben off....he was such an amazing character. I could read hundreds of post TROS books and comics featuring him.
I left the cinema post his death because after two hour plus of the Trio I couldn't stomach them for just five minutes more. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

I've ordered Secrets of the Sith ( for Ben) and although it was scheduled for release on the 21st now it's been delayed until November. Same old, same old, isn't it, with anything post TROS.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 14 Feb 2022, 1:34 pm

New book announced on Valentine’s Day regarding Han and Leia’s wedding :
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-princess-and-the-scoundrel

Would have been nice to get another one entitled “ the prince and the scavenger “ or just simply “Ben and Rey “. Sigh!
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

motherofpearl1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 21 Feb 2022, 8:14 am

Found this link on the FICM...
Can't believe this, I'm sorry.
https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-rey-kylo-ren-meeting
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

AhsokaTano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 21 Feb 2022, 8:34 am

@Motherofpearl1
You beat me to it lol- I was just about to post that . Yes hot quite excited about that to be honest and it links in with the Han and Leia story being published soon that has their honeymoon on the Halcyon . I know a reylo who is going on the maiden voyage next week so will hear what she has to say about it but Matt Martin of Lucasfilm said there’s a love story and kylo and Rey meet between TLJ and TROS . So if it’s as some reylos believe - did they consummate their feelings in the same room his parents had before him , is this why Rey seems really pissed off with Ben/kylo in TROS , is she pregnant? Is this why he placed his hand over her abdomen ? Is this why he reacts as he does when rey is in his quarters ? Also their first bond meeting in TROS doesn’t seem like their first because the way he talks to her is like this has happened before . There’s no way in a year between TLJ and TROS that they didn’t meet whether through bond or physically . Remember TROS takes place I think within a few days so rey could be pregnant . Below am posting some of the comments regarding this news and also the script card for Rey’s part on the halcyon which makes it obvious she wants her and Ben to be together .
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 7f09a010
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 Cb3eb210
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 C0a20d10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 21 Feb 2022, 8:36 am

@Motherofpearl1
You beat me to it lol- I was just about to post that . Yes got quite excited about that to be honest and it links in with the Han and Leia story being published soon that has their honeymoon on the Halcyon . I know a reylo who is going on the maiden voyage next week so will hear what she has to say about it but Matt Martin of Lucasfilm said there’s a love story and kylo and Rey meet between TLJ and TROS . So if it’s as some reylos believe - did they consummate their feelings in the same room his parents had before him , is this why Rey seems really pissed off with Ben/kylo in TROS , is she pregnant? Is this why he placed his hand over her abdomen ? Is this why he reacts as he does when rey is in his quarters ? Also their first bond meeting in TROS doesn’t seem like their first because the way he talks to her is like this has happened before . There’s no way in a year between TLJ and TROS that they didn’t meet whether through bond or physically . Remember TROS takes place I think within a few days so rey could be pregnant . Below am posting some of the comments regarding this news and also the script card for Rey’s part on the halcyon which makes it obvious she wants her and Ben to be together .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

DeeBee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 21 Feb 2022, 8:39 am

You know...I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but I really, really hope they aren't going to introduce a reylo baby....
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

DeeBee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 22 Feb 2022, 4:53 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@Motherofpearl1
You beat me to it lol- I was just about to post that . Yes hot quite excited about that to be honest and it links in with the Han and Leia story being published soon that has their honeymoon on the Halcyon . I know a reylo who is going on the maiden voyage next week so will hear what she has to say about it but Matt Martin of Lucasfilm said there’s a love story and kylo and Rey meet between TLJ and TROS . So if it’s as some reylos believe - did they consummate their feelings in the same room his parents had before him , is this why Rey seems really pissed off with Ben/kylo in TROS , is she pregnant? Is this why he placed his hand over her abdomen ? Is this why he reacts as he does when rey is in his quarters ? Also their first bond meeting in TROS doesn’t seem like their first because the way he talks to her is like this has happened before . There’s no way in a year between TLJ and TROS that they didn’t meet whether through bond or physically . Remember TROS takes place I think within a few days so rey could be pregnant . Below am posting some of the comments regarding this news and also the script card for Rey’s part on the halcyon which makes it obvious she wants her and Ben to be together .
Thanks for sharing - @AhsokaTano  & @Motherofpearl1

I’m so no longer across Star Wars, and I’m equal parts angry and annoyed with myself that this teaser got me to look up Star Wars again lol!
Haaaaaaa

There will be a love story…. Rey and Kylo will meet again….

More blah blah blah…Ugh- it’s just more of the same to me. Reylo bait but with (IMHO) no intention of giving Reylos  anything satisfying.
Already ppl are speculating Rey gets preggers at a Disney world hotel haaa? Oh rofl too funny. I am astounded at the optimism and hope some still have in lucasfilm actually doing anything of further significance with Reylo. They are braver than I am, and good luck to them!

I think the love story will be between two new characters, nothing canon…while Rey and Kylo have a light sabre battle or something.

Attention Reylo fans? Nope. SW doesn’t deserve my attention, I already want back the five minutes it took me to look up what this Disney world thing is.

I’ll pay attention when Lucas film fixes the mess they made in TROS.

Ultimately, why would I give a hoot when they end up separated in the end, and Ben dead? Honestly, at this point they could give us the secret romantic interlude and I’d still be furious and not interested.

Fix TROS bring Ben back to life, or it’s too hopeless and soul destroying for me to pay attention to  Embarassed

Ummmmmmmmmm….. Guess I’m still pretty salty… Razz
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

unicorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 22 Feb 2022, 5:24 am

You are @DeeBee lol ! But I don’t blame you when you think of everything that’s happened I love you So looks like the media are going today to check out the star cruiser :

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 62664310
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 2f851110
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 F773de10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 22 Feb 2022, 5:58 am

DeeBee wrote:
AhsokaTano wrote:@Motherofpearl1
Thanks for sharing - @AhsokaTano  & @Motherofpearl1

I’m so no longer across Star Wars, and I’m equal parts angry and annoyed with myself that this teaser got me to look up Star Wars again lol!
Haaaaaaa

More blah blah blah…Ugh- it’s just more of the same to me. Reylo bait but with (IMHO) no intention of giving Reylos  anything satisfying.
Already ppl are speculating Rey gets preggers at a Disney world hotel haaa? Oh rofl too funny. I am astounded at the optimism and hope some still have in lucasfilm actually doing anything of further significance with Reylo. They are braver than I am, and good luck to them!

I think the love story will be between two new characters, nothing canon…while Rey and Kylo have a light sabre battle or something.

Attention Reylo fans? Nope. SW doesn’t deserve my attention, I already want back the five minutes it took me to look up what this Disney world thing is.

I’ll pay attention when Lucas film fixes the mess they made in TROS.

Ultimately, why would I give a hoot when they end up separated in the end, and Ben dead? Honestly, at this point they could give us the secret romantic interlude and I’d still be furious and not interested.

Fix TROS bring Ben back to life, or it’s too hopeless and soul destroying for me to pay attention to  Embarassed

Ummmmmmmmmm….. Guess I’m still pretty salty… Razz
@DeeBee

Everything you feel...is what I feel.
I don't mind a 'reylo' baby...as long as Ben is around to help Rey bring it up, but the more I look at this, the more I feel that they are 'baiting' us.

Let's look at the hard, cold facts:
Rey ends the ST alone, apart from 'two good friends'. She is very much depicted as an old style, 'virginal' Jedi - even the colour of her lightsabre says that. The yellow blade was favoured by Jedis who were temple guards, according to something I read, and they were completely devoted to their roles...and very much against attachment. This is what DLF have made 'canon'. She did not mourn Ben...for all the 'I will always be with you' in Carson's novelization of TROS it's also stated that she 'could never mourn Kylo Ren' and that 'she would have liked to know Ben Solo.'

Not the thoughts of someone grieving for a lost love - eh?

And just look hard at what apparently is Rey's dialogue - not the young woman who held hands with Kylo across the galaxy, who fought with him, who pleaded with him...no, sadly what we have here is 'I Am All The Jedi' Rey from TROS.
'I will not let you destroy what so many have fought so far to preserve' yada yada yada. I particularly like the 'if your rage and hate consume you' or words to that effect claptrap. Oh, come on Rey - you had a lot of rage and anger in you, throughout the entire ST.

This is 'reylo bait', pure and simple. Terrio made them enemies. Abrams made Ben into nothing but a life Force donor, to be instantly forgotten, even by his own mother. No funeral pyre, or memorial service, or even a mention that he died saving Holy Rey.

Ben Solo alive post TROS - or nothing. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't waste it on this ...claptrap. The only thing about it that made me smile is the fury of the Kylo haters/Finn fans on the FICM. That was priceless! Twisted Evil
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

unicorn and DeeBee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 11 Mar 2022, 4:34 am

DeeBee wrote:
…I think the love story will be between two new characters, nothing canon…while Rey and Kylo have a light sabre battle or something….

I may be super salty, but I can’t resist a cackle here.. nailed it!! Twisted Evil
Cos I’m super clever? That’s definitely not it! It’s because it’s all so flippin predictable! Sleep
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 11 Mar 2022, 7:16 am

I think we have all been burned.
I read a three year old post on the - reylo - void's tumblr; she's pretty reliable and she said there was some article that TROS actually ended with Finn and Rey holding hands on Tattooine....there could be some truth in that, as anyone remember the picture of Rey, Poe and Finn hugging in a desert?

If this was the case then I wonder if all those 'rumours' about Ben's final scene being him thrown into a pit and 'never see again'...had some truth in them? It would account for Rose's practical erasure from the film, and the absence of FG Ben, plus Rey never mentioning what he did to anyone.

I wonder if the 'reylo kiss' and Ben's 'death' was added at the last moment hence no dialogue for Adam (they hadn't written any), and Rey's lack of emotion, and if this too is true...then the 'true' ending for TROS would have been excruciating beyond belief. Yet...maybe not. Ben disappearing but alive would have been better to handle, TROS Rey was so horrible Finn is welcome to her, but I can't help but think that the toxic harpies on the FICM would have absolutely been hooting with delight.

At least we Ben fans could have hoped for a tv series or something.

There's a new Han Solo and Chewbacca comic, yet another prequel...I have a weird feeling they'll introduce another Solo child. Wouldn't put it past them. Mad

I've just read that an upcoming  Charles Soule comic, dated 25th June, will feature 'new stories about Anakin, Obi Wan, Kylo....and Poe Dameron.
Poe Dameron - who was slated to be killed off in TFA...and now has yet another story about him, please can someone explain why they are pushing this character?

Interesting how there is no mention of Finn (despite his fans insisting that he was the 'real' male lead) or Rey - despite DLF pushing her as the 'new Skywalker'.

Okay...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtzzD6JgOlk&t=24s

Feel free to cringe.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 06 Jun 2022, 1:33 am

So shadow of the Sith is out in a few weeks ( June 28th) but some stores have released it early . Sounds like there’s quite a bit of Ben solo in this :

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 Ac9f0c10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 4b26ca10

And it starts with that excerpt from Revenge of the Sith . Anakin isn’t the only one who became the shadow . Ben too and he verbally tells us he’s the shadow in rise of kylo Ren comics .

This is the thread if anyone is interested as the guy is still posting spoilers as he reads it :
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/v5mo7n/hope_this_counts_as_a_leak_shadow_of_the_sith_is/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 22 Jun 2022, 12:39 pm

I've been watching a few clips from Obi Wan...it makes me feel pretty depressed knowing Palpatine won.

Anyone here read Shadow of the Sith? I read a good review of it, but it was on another forum so I don't think I can post a link.

Just read another review, wasn't so kind. Could someone tell me yet again...how to put in a spoiler tag?

According to another forum I post on, DLF are postponing release of another SW film until 2024...despite Taika Waititi wanting to release his next year. I think they are focusing on tv at them moment, as the serials are doing so well.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 24 Mar 2023, 2:32 am

Hi all, no idea if this has already been widely discussed..l
Comic hyperspeed #4
I won’t bother to outline life day blah blah..
but there is a reference to Kylo having put bounty on Rey and Chewie.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 D9cbc510
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 20393810

For me the end of this comic is pretty tone death.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 26 8d90fa10

Love always finds its way home? Sure. Unless your Ben Solo for heavens sake… Rolling Eyes
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

motherofpearl1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 24 Mar 2023, 3:27 am

They are still demonising his character, more than three years after DROSS.
Sickly sweet goody two shoes Rey....yuk.

When was this comic released, by the way?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next