Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

+58
Gemini
12 Parsnips
special_cases
Lovely_Rose
Teo oswald
spacebaby45678
DeeBee
Man Without A Star
Starliteprism
LadyGaufrette
rey09
Geralt_Riv
MaddieDove
SW_Heroine_Journey
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
cherrylipstick
Saracene
loversinthestorm
rawpowah
Blood Moon
vaderito
whisperingwillow
nickandnora
Sparkle
BB-Rey
Kylo Rey
californiagirl
MrsWindu
kroi
ZioRen
Riri
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
Night Huntress
SkyStar
Tex
Helix
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kessel
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Cowgirlsamurai
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
jakkusun
SanghaRen
EchoBase
Armadeus
BastilaBey
CienaRee
Darth Rowan
panki
Moonjump05
Rimfaxe96
Sylvia Snow
MoonlitMoss
62 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 19 Sep 2018, 4:49 am

@Ladygaufrette
Ooh exciting stuff - can’t wait for these.
Talking about exciting - the discussion about the latest Vader comics are interesting on Reddit at the moment , sounding like padme is in some kind of hell or chaos and Vader tries to help or rescue her :
Strap in our Dark lord is going to save his wife from Chaos
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/9gzl3k/strap_in_our_dark_lord_is_going_to_save_his_wife/?st=JM8XF7DV&sh=7f8f3b2b

The synopsis reads :

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 6461b810
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 19 Sep 2018, 10:35 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@Ladygaufrette
Ooh exciting stuff - can’t wait for these.
Talking about exciting - the discussion about the latest Vader comics are interesting on Reddit at the moment , sounding like padme is in some kind of hell or chaos and Vader tries to help or rescue her :
Strap in our Dark lord is going to save his wife from Chaos
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/9gzl3k/strap_in_our_dark_lord_is_going_to_save_his_wife/?st=JM8XF7DV&sh=7f8f3b2b

The synopsis reads :

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 6461b810
@AhsokaTano

Interesting, but I can't help but think if Padme is there, then it's a vision (a scheme of Palpatine). scratch
Because I don't see why poor Padme would be in hell, and in later years he doesn't seem to search how to save her so either she was saved (but it would contradict with the Vader we know), or he failed and know there is no hope (but would he keep living if it was the case?).

Anyways, I'm late about this part of Star Wars canon so I can't really do any search on the subject. I'll have to wait what people reading it have to say. Laughing
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 27 Sep 2018, 5:31 pm

@Riri
Didn’t think he was to be honest because wasn’t there someone in Heir to the Jedi ( which is a canon book) . I don’t know if this is the same lady in the picture . I haven’t read heir to the Jedi yet but it is on my list to read though I know he had a love interest in that .
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 8f11c210
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 27 Sep 2018, 7:24 pm

@AhsokaTano
It's not the same lady in heir to the Jedi and SW #58.
The one from SW #58 is Tula, she was in 'Star Wars: Princess Leia' comic written by Mark Waid and penciled by Terry Dodson.
(Synopsis of #58
Is there romance in the air for Luke and Tula?
Is there romance in the air for HAN AND LEIA?!
Is there romance in the air between a bunch of stranded rebels and enormous ravenous monsters?
No. This last one is no.
)
https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/1773192/star-wars-58

@Riri
Be cautious, sometimes cover are far from what really happens, and don't forget C-(I cockblock everyone)3PO is still around. lol!
i.e. I'll believe it when I see it.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 28 Sep 2018, 1:21 am

@LadyGaufrette
You’re right for us to be cautious. Lol! Do you remember the screaming citadel comic specials last year with Doctor Aphra and Luke and how everyone thought they would get together as a romantic couple and there was the whole rumour how Rose could have been Luke’s daughter with Doctor Aphra ? Lol!
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 28 Sep 2018, 5:30 pm

@AhsokaTano
Yeah I remember the Luke/Aphra rumour. It was to be expected since any female close to Luke was considered as Rey's mom. Rolling Eyes
That Aphra was an asian woman and Rey didn't have the same features never bothered the fans. I'm not sure about the timeline, but wasn't it already confirmed that Aphra only loved girls?
For the Rose rumour, it came from MH tweeting something with the word rose. Imagine the reaction of those angry fans if it was true that the character Rose they hate so much was in fact Luke's daughter.

LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 Empty Poe Dameron Comic issue #31

Post by DeeBee Sun 30 Sep 2018, 3:30 am

Hi Everyone! Hope life is treating you well!
I’ve not been online much lately.. I’m finally getting around to reading the final Poe Dameron Comic issue (No.31).
Now it's finished I'd recommend reading it - it's worth it! I’ll share my thoughts and some random parts I found to be noteworthy..
There are also a few spoilers I'll share in the IX spoilers thread HERE (about the first order and the tone of the story heading into IX).

Spoiler:
Anyone else read this issue? What did you think of it?

Last edited by DeeBee on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 30 Sep 2018, 4:48 pm

I just read the TLJ Graphic Novel Adaptation. I love it. It should be given to all the people who have issues reading acting performances. See here, angry posture, and here are sad eyes, etc. It’s very difficult to take pics because you can’t get the full pages flat without destroying the book.

It’s interesting to see what parts of the story they kept and what they disregarded. Not sure how closely LF looks at it so the skimming might not be meaningfull. I was surprised the dice are not really focused on at the end, but the Jedi books hidden in the MF drawer are shown.

Ben Solo really comes off as the guy desperately trying to be a Dark Lord. Like here. You can tell this phrase comes from being hurt. Although there are a few drawings where he looks pissed too, mind you Very Happy And btw that quote is at the beginning of the book. And the quote that finishes the book is “You asked me why I came here? I came to this island to die. It’s time for the Jedi to end.” Funny choices, no?

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 C8528b10

Rey has her moments of anger too. During the plea scene, when she reaches for the saber, it’s drawn as her looking angry and him looking surprised. Again, that book could be very helpful to some people...

And that is the last drawing of Ben Solo. If that doesn’t look like solitude. I love it. Thd dice are on the floor, but only the ones who saw the movie, would know. There’s no focus on it. And notice Ben’s trademark: the clenched fists.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 1c379910

And one drawing had me shiver. How creepy is that. And with my favorite quote of TLJ.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 92906510

And that’s for the Rose haters. Yep, the smack is in it too. Deal with it Smile

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 6bb19710
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 30 Sep 2018, 5:14 pm

SanghaRen wrote:

And one drawing had me shiver. How creepy is that. And with my favorite quote of TLJ.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 92906510
@SanghaRen

I really wish Rian had kept this scene in the movie. People says Ben/Snoke dynamic is like Anakin/Palpatine but I think it's wrong. Palpatine was a lot of things, manipulator, schemer, liar; but I never felt with him the shivers I feel with Snoke.
Palpatine never touched Anakin and spoke to him like an 'equal'. Snoke considered Ben like an object. (The best comparison would be Ben/Snoke = Sasuke/Orochimaru)

This scene is so important it appears everywhere except in the movie, that's a nonsense.
(If those movies had special edition the scenes I'll put back will be this one and Han hanging his dice again in the MF. Come on, it's SW tradition to modify and update the movies, let's honor George.)
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 30 Sep 2018, 9:32 pm

Didn't the novel have Snoke touching Ben too? The Marvel comic as well. Plus the clips when they actually filmed it.

Like the "going to the dark side for a pair of pretty eyes" and Rey and Ben having an outright hand-holding instead of the fingers, I'd put this in the category where the filmmakers decided less is more, perhaps too on-the-nose, and cut it out or changed it late in the game.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 05 Oct 2018, 5:31 pm

A couple of other threads have updates on the LF publishing panel at NYCC. Just found these picture. They have announced the issues for the Age of Republic/Rebellion/Resistance comics. The Resistance ones are below. Kylo, Snoke, and Hux all get issues!

Edited to add more pictures.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 Da061d10

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 A4c0a610

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 Screen75
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:47 pm

Last edited by Starliteprism on Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 12 Oct 2018, 2:49 pm

Starliteprism wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/9nn9e2/chuck_wendig_has_been_fired_by_marvel_link_in/

I guess Chuck Wendig just got fired from Marvel?
@Starliteprism

yes- it's awful!
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 12 Oct 2018, 3:07 pm

And Chuck was so delightful on social media. Sad
Here's the specific tweet thread. He's been removed from the last two issues of Shadow of Vader, which had just gotten announced over the weekend, and a book that hadn't even been announced yet.

https://twitter.com/ChuckWendig/status/1050825209006182400

Maybe it's good JJ is quieter on social media than many. Between this and even James Gunn, I'm just hoping the creators involved in the ST can make it though until IX comes out. Hopefully Rian is enough of the star student/golden boy that he'll last through his own trilogy. Can't imagine how he feels about this, but I noticed his feed has been a bit more sparse and less political since he got rid of most of his posts.

Edit: This appears to be a Marvel decision more than an LF one.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 12 Oct 2018, 4:48 pm

@Starliteprism

Ouchie!!!!!!!!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Fri 12 Oct 2018, 4:52 pm

@Starliteprism

What the hell??? This is a really s*** move....
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sat 13 Oct 2018, 3:12 pm

"Today I got the call. I’m fired. Because of the negativity and vulgarity that my tweets bring. Seriously, that’s what Mark, the editor said. It was too much politics, too much vulgarity, too much negativity on my part.

Basically, because I was not civil."

http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2018/10/12/in-which-i-am-fired-from-marvel/
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 19 Oct 2018, 2:45 pm

If this is true, there are yet more bots affecting SW discourse. The below is as related to Chuck.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 Scree367
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 Scree362
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 Scree363
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 Scree364
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 Scree366
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 Scree365
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 22 Oct 2018, 1:49 pm

@LadyGaufrette @AhsokaTano

MARVEL REVEALS THE HIDDEN SECRET OF DARTH VADER’S ROGUE ONE CASTLE

https://www.cbr.com/darth-vader-mustafar-castle-true-purpose/

....after the last issue hinted Vader wanted to use this castle to increase his powers, we now discover an even bigger hidden secret regarding its existence: It was meant to reunite him with the spirit of his dead wife, Padme Amidala...

Most notably, this explains why Vader wanted time away from everyone else on Mustafar. We thought he was training to become a better warrior or plotting to overthrow Palpatine, but he was really trying to connect with his lost love. If he manages to achieve this, it’ll be another big addition to Star Wars lore that we had absolutely no idea occurred.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 D715cd10
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 23 Oct 2018, 3:20 pm

MrsWindu wrote:@LadyGaufrette @AhsokaTano

MARVEL REVEALS THE HIDDEN SECRET OF DARTH VADER’S ROGUE ONE CASTLE

https://www.cbr.com/darth-vader-mustafar-castle-true-purpose/

....after the last issue hinted Vader wanted to use this castle to increase his powers, we now discover an even bigger hidden secret regarding its existence: It was meant to reunite him with the spirit of his dead wife, Padme Amidala...

Most notably, this explains why Vader wanted time away from everyone else on Mustafar. We thought he was training to become a better warrior or plotting to overthrow Palpatine, but he was really trying to connect with his lost love. If he manages to achieve this, it’ll be another big addition to Star Wars lore that we had absolutely no idea occurred.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 14 D715cd10
@MrsWindu

which leads my thinking to the ring in Snoke's possession, which was from the catacombs of Mustafar...Was that the tool he used to amp up Kylo and Rey's connection?
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 23 Oct 2018, 4:27 pm

@MrsWindu
@LadyGaufrette
@Starliteprism
Hey all , wow ! So Mustafar is where Vader tried to connect with Padme ? I wonder if “chaos “then is like another portal then similar to Jedi temple on lothal ( world between worlds ) . How many are there that we know about and where does the world between worlds lead ? I noticed that you had series of linear paths and circular paths in world between worlds - maybe the linear paths lead to events in past , present and future following the timeline but the circular paths don’t and the circular paths become a type of purgatory or chaos in this sense where things are on a loop and events repeat themselves over and over - like time loop.( just theorising as usual ). So we know lothal and malachor are portals into world between worlds maybe Mustafar And Jakku are too. There are probably more . Regarding Snoke’s ring - woah I forgot about his ring but yeah you’re right @Starliteprism that would amp the connection especially if something did happen on Mustafar regarding padme and Vader /Anakin . Can’t wait to read it and see where it goes .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 23 Oct 2018, 6:10 pm

@MrsWindu @Starliteprism @AhsokaTano

All of this is really good information. Poor Vader, everyone thinks that he is doing villain stuff when all he wants is seeing his sweetheart again.
But notice how the 'cyborg' (Lord Momin, I believe?) say he will see Padme not be reunited with her. Which is logic with how the world between worlds works. I do wonder what would happen if someone changed the past within the world between worlds; time paradox, alternate universe or Universe's destruction.

My new theory, Padme 'dying' without reason in ROTS was in fact Vader 'saving' her spirit in this comic. Or failing since he was still an angry robot 20 years later. But I hope she doesn't end up trapped in the WBW like some sort of purgatory, it would be too sad.

I hadn't thougth of Snoke’s ring like that. It could be, but shouldn't the movie had mentioned it or made a focus on it? Right now it is just a cool jewel and allows the fans to theorize.

My other thoughts. With Lord Momin we are entering in the Old Republic territory in canon, and it's nice. Futhermore, Momin was mentioned in 2 of the 4 comics Charles Soule wrote, but I suspect there is a third occurrence with the Obi-Wan and Anakin comic.
Charles Soule ended all his ongoing comics in SW nearly at the same time but he said he was "not done with Star Wars". I think he is preparing something big and my theory would be an ongoing comic on Momin and the Old Republic.

https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/status/1054558761443082240
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 24 Oct 2018, 4:11 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@MrsWindu
@LadyGaufrette
@Starliteprism
Hey all , wow ! So Mustafar is where Vader tried to connect with Padme ? I wonder if “chaos “then is like another portal then similar to Jedi temple on lothal ( world between worlds ) . How many are there that we know about and where does the world between worlds lead  ? I noticed that you had series of linear paths and circular paths in world between worlds - maybe the linear paths lead to events in past , present and future following the timeline but the circular paths don’t and the circular paths become a type of purgatory or chaos in this sense where things are on a loop and events repeat themselves over and over - like time loop.( just theorising as usual ). So we know lothal and malachor are portals into world between worlds maybe Mustafar And Jakku are too. There are probably more . Regarding Snoke’s ring - woah I forgot about his ring but yeah you’re right @Starliteprism that would amp the connection especially if something did happen on Mustafar regarding padme and Vader /Anakin . Can’t wait to read it and see where it goes .
@AhsokaTano

Spoiler alert, if you are not up to date with The Good Place, but maybe the circle suggested(in Jeremy Bearimy) is kinda the same thing? :-p

Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:22 am

@Starliteprism
Definitely sounds like they are one and the same Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next