Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

+58
Gemini
12 Parsnips
special_cases
Lovely_Rose
Teo oswald
spacebaby45678
DeeBee
Man Without A Star
Starliteprism
LadyGaufrette
rey09
Geralt_Riv
MaddieDove
SW_Heroine_Journey
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
cherrylipstick
Saracene
loversinthestorm
rawpowah
Blood Moon
vaderito
whisperingwillow
nickandnora
Sparkle
BB-Rey
Kylo Rey
californiagirl
MrsWindu
kroi
ZioRen
Riri
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
Night Huntress
SkyStar
Tex
Helix
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kessel
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Cowgirlsamurai
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
jakkusun
SanghaRen
EchoBase
Armadeus
BastilaBey
CienaRee
Darth Rowan
panki
Moonjump05
Rimfaxe96
Sylvia Snow
MoonlitMoss
62 posters

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:31 am

Hi all I know this is a double post but this is a different topic so I thought it warranted it’s own post . I found this on Reddit - the book “scum and villainy “is out and there are a lot of references( all credit goes to confederalis on Reddit ):
Extensive List of Continuity and References in Scum and Villainy
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/9qwhm5/extensive_list_of_continuity_and_references_in/?st=JNQ1HOW8&sh=22d78d02

Am just gonna post the new republic era ones as it’s a comprehensive list and too much to post but if you wish to read entire thing the link is above ( and to be honest galactic republic and empire eras might have info that directly impacts the new republic era so have a read).

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Ffa4a510
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 85d74710
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 01 Nov 2018, 10:25 am

Forgive me if I am slow on the uptake here....but did the Baby Ben/ droid attack story happen in The Last Shot? And is the novel 'canon'?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 01 Nov 2018, 12:48 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Forgive me if I am slow on the uptake here....but did the Baby Ben/ droid attack story happen in The Last Shot? And is the novel 'canon'?
@motherofpearl1

Yes and yes.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 01 Nov 2018, 1:15 pm

Thank you.
I got into an argument with a Kylo hater on social media; she insisted that not only was he a spoiled overprivileged brat but that the droid incident 'wasn't canon'.
Yes, I know it's spectacularly childish, but it's nice to have it confirmed she's wrong on both counts!Smile
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 21 Nov 2018, 3:06 am

Hi All, in these dark reylo days (lol).. has anyone ordered or read the Smugger's Guide?
There's an interesting article about it's artwork on Starwars.com:
https://www.starwars.com/news/8-design-insights-from-the-artists-of-star-wars-smugglers-guide
They've shared a few sample pages..
It mentions that there is an entry from the master codebreaker in this book. Whoa. I want to know what the master codebreaker had to say!
I'll keep an eye out and if I see it on sale I'll get it!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 21 Nov 2018, 4:48 am

This is from star wars #57

Look familiar? Wink

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Acdf1110
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 45fbfd10

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 21 Nov 2018, 5:43 am

Regarding Chuck Wendig's sacking by Marvel, I can honestly say I used to be a big fan of their comics and movies, but their habit of creating something wonderful and then deliberately ruining it has driven me away.
Regarding the junior graphic novel, I found it a better read than the 'adult' comic and better artwork too! I can't help but find it intriguing how Ben's 'softness' comes from his dad,.....how ironic that the 'good' in Kylo Ren is a legacy not from the legendary Skywalkers but from his mercenary 'nobody' father.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 06 Dec 2018, 4:43 am

Hi Everyone, just wanted to mention the new comic released today: Age of the Republic: Qui-Gon Jinn with the title 'Balance'.
I don't have time to share the content in detail right now, but just wanted to give it a shout out.
I'm going to share a little about it in the IX predictions thread. If no one else shares this content I'll try and get back here on the weekend and share it in the Balance of the force thread.

edited to update - I've summarised this comic in the Balance of the force thread HERE
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 11 Dec 2018, 12:23 pm

Guess which cover of TLJ comic adaptation was chosen for the trade paper back. cheers
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 51AOMOgdecL
Disney, your reylo is showing.

On a different note, after the variant cover serie "Spécial 40th anniversary" and "Galactics Icones ", a new one will begin with 36 covers, "Greatest Moments". I bet you all you want that the reylo fights on Starkiller Base and the throne room will be part of the serie.
Here is the first one.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Variantgm1
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 15 Dec 2018, 3:52 am

@LadyGaufrette = nice one! thanks for sharing!!

Hey all! Just thought I'd mention that the new Age of Republic: Darth Maul Comic has been released. It seems like it really is a twin to the Qui-Gon Jinn comic. The two stories seem to mirror each other- both characters have visions that seems to place them as inhabiting the other side of the force.. (We see Maul the Jedi!) and both are sharing their visions with their masters..

This twin stories concept is very interesting - if this continues to be the structure moving forward it makes me excited to see what the Rey and Kylo twin issues of Age of the resistance will give us! lol I guess I have to wait a whole year for that..

I'm not sure what to make of it and what it may be saying about the force.. I shared the Qui-Gon content over on the balance of the force thread, is anyone interested in me sharing this content too? it doesn't feel like it explicitly talks about balance but.. maybe there is something in this content worth thinking about in relation to the force - because it does seem like the two issues should be understood in relation to each other..
gotta run!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 13 Jan 2019, 3:53 pm

Hi all, wondering if anyone else has read the latest two comics in the age of republic comic series?
The obi-wan kenobi issue and the Jango Fett issue have been released I think a week apart, but like the previous pair, these two seem to me to be connected.. this is really interesting storytelling! Again, there are parallel stories and again, I feel I need to think more about their meaning!
Both issues have a central teacher-student theme, in both the student is taken hostage and in both the student has to save himself. In both the teacher chooses to include the student in their mission for their growth and development.

The Obi-wan issue revolves around Master Obi-wan and Padawan Anakin.
The Jango Fett issue revolves around father Jango and Son Boba- but it is also bounty hunter and trainee bounty hunter.

I’m really curious if anyone has thoughts about this pair of issues.
I’m not a huge Boba/ Jango fan but I still found learning about how Jango raised Boba fascinating! Kind of brutal nurturing of a Boba into a killing machine! But he was certainly equipping Boba with the skills and abilities he needed to thrive as a bounty hunter!
I think there might be reference to upbringing and what people become, the conversation where Obi-wan says he was raised by the Jedi from a young age, and Anakin observes obi-wan has never been a slave or known anything different- is again super interesting!

One last observation, in the Obi-wan issue we had two lifting rocks moments- one being the pivotal moment where Anakin saves himself.

- bringing this back to the ST I wonder if this is a signal that Ben Solo is going to need to save himself?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 18 Jan 2019, 2:15 pm

More info on new Star Wars books announced today :
https://www.starwars.com/news/announcing-marvel-alphabet-squadron-crossover

And few days ago about Age of Rebellion:
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-age-of-rebellion

It’s nice to see the covers now after announcements months ago

Also new Vader comic :
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-vader-dark-visions-announce
Though I think this is in the Vader thread . Not long to wait Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 20 Jan 2019, 2:29 am

AhsokaTano wrote:More info on new Star Wars books announced today :
https://www.starwars.com/news/announcing-marvel-alphabet-squadron-crossover

And few days ago about Age of Rebellion:
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-age-of-rebellion

It’s nice to see the covers now after announcements months ago

Also new Vader comic :
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-vader-dark-visions-announce
Though I think this is in the Vader thread . Not long to wait Smile
@AhsokaTano

Great info- thanks for sharing AhsokaTano!
Age of Rebellion looks fantastic... the issue with Yoda on Dagobah sounds really cool! Can't wait!
Have you been reading the age of the republic series?
If so, how are you finding it?
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 21 Jan 2019, 10:38 am

Galaxy's Edge/Black Spire Outpost is getting a comic book miniseries. Someone just posted some pages from a book that just came out, partly set there, on another thread, Rey lands the Falcon there I believe. And the new areas of the Disney parks are set there. I'd be shocked if IX doesn't use it as a setting.

https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-star-wars-galaxys-edge-comic-exclusive
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 31 Jan 2019, 9:02 am

New book just announced :
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 9ba73f10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 C4b2ac10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 31 Jan 2019, 11:18 am

Sorry I know this is a double post but it’s different material.
So Star Wars are bringing out a collection of books about Batuu and Galaxy’s Edge :

https://www.starwars.com/news/new-star-wars-galaxys-edge-books

They look great , however one in particular caught my eye :
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Deb98e10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Dc3c0710

Is anyone else getting Finn/Rey vibes from this? Friends that are reunited and re-evaluate their relationship ( the author writes romance novels so I imagine there will be romance or maybe not). What do you all think ? I do plan to read this but do you think it may be Lucasfilm trying to prepare us ?

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Thu 31 Jan 2019, 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 31 Jan 2019, 11:35 am

Batuu has been featured in a couple of books already, now there's 3 more books and a comic. They're really doubling down, whether it's for the theme parks or IX. By the year's end this will probably be the most fleshed-out planet in new canon. Looks like some long-term game plan.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 31 Jan 2019, 2:42 pm

Another announcement by Delilah S Dawson on her instagram ( also posted in episode IX spoilers thread ):

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 589c9d10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 31 Jan 2019, 2:58 pm

Sorry for the double post but this book looks gorgeous too- definitely a collector’s item ( will be in my collection ):
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 B90b4510

All the new book announcements today can be seen here:

https://www.starwars.com/news/new-star-wars-galaxys-edge-books
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 31 Jan 2019, 3:57 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Another announcement by Delilah S Dawson on her instagram ( also posted in episode IX spoilers thread ):

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 589c9d10
@AhsokaTano

Thanks for sharing!
I must be feeling a little fatigued- why release a book about the Skywalker saga only 3 months before its final instalment is released? Or is this sept 2020 maybe? It can’t make sense as a whole saga till the final crucial piece is in place- feels like a money grab for us fans who want clues for IX.
Oh well..I can choose to spend my money or no.. so I’m free to say no thanks and I’ll buy once the saga story is concluded..

@AhsokaTano - yeah the myths & fables book looks gorgeous! Thanks again for sharing!
sunny

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 03 Feb 2019, 11:45 am

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Destro10

Rey story about the fallen Star Destroyer called Spectral.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Spectral

I also got on the tangent of reading a little about Rae Sloane and her time on Jakku.

Here is a link : https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rae_Sloane

A lot of interesting stuff on the planet as well as the fact that it was set to explode.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Jakku_10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Jakku_11
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Jakku_12
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Jakku_13
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 15 Jakku_14
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 03 Feb 2019, 8:39 pm

@Starliteprism -hiya!
I’ve been meaning to come back to this cool Jakku stuff! Where did this come up? You shared stuff from Rey’s diary but I didn’t get a chance to read through it properly yet...
Hey the book you shared that’s released in June- I believe this is a trade paperback version of an already released comic story- the destroyer down series in Star Wars adventures- I just recently read it- it’s full of cool stuff I’ve been meaning to share but haven’t had time yet- PM me if u ummm would like me to ummmm share it sunny

I also recently read the latest issue of Star Wars adventures which had a cute kaz & bb8 story in it & the flight of the falcon story with Bazine Netal hunting down the MF- no terribly newsworthy imho - she visits Corellia and talks with lady proxima about Han & she recounts a run in on Corellia post Solo movie... but the final mention of the MF being with ducain is the most interesting to me- sets up BN to meet with the mysterious Ducain in the next issue- we know very little about him!
Sorry my formatting is bad I’m currently on my phone!

Thanks for sharing the cool empire’s end content starliteprism!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 03 Apr 2019, 4:11 am

I’m a big audiobook consumer as I absorb Star Wars books on my work commute.Got two emails from audible today saying my preordered audiobook ‘ alphabet squadron ‘ has been put off indefinitely boooooo
And the audiobook for ‘master & apprentice’ has also been put off indefinitely- double boooooo!
Is this just an Australian thing? Any other countries getting this news?

I just finished bloodlines which was fantastic and had me in tears at times. Lol not so great when I’m driving haaaa
Have just started the Phasma audiobook- loving all the first order stuff! (Hopefully no tears will be involved) ha!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 03 Apr 2019, 4:39 am

@DeeBee
I heard about this on Reddit yesterday when I went on there browsing for leaks . It’s the same in UK too. Sad
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 06 Apr 2019, 9:41 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:@DeeBee
I heard about this on Reddit yesterday when I went on there browsing for leaks . It’s the same in UK too. Sad
@AhsokaTano

Thanks AhsokaTano!
I found I could pre-order both these audiobooks on google play. let's see if they end up being cancelled too.
Really strange - I could see both audiobooks listed as available for preorder in the Audible shop - and that was through the Australian site. So why did they email me to say it was cancelled? It's curious.. like the email and cancellation of the pre-orders was actually an error.
I guess I'll find out soon enough if I'll get master & apprentice...
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next