Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

+64
DeeBee
Let The Past Die
AhsokaTano
Lucina
californiagirl
12 Parsnips
Man Without A Star
rawpowah
EchoBase
giaciak2
special_cases
SanghaRen
Dar-ren19
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
KnightsofReylo_2015
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
MyOnlyHope
BB-Rey
rey09
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
Geralt_Riv
Marchtwin
ReyofLightSide
Helix
Mana
Cowgirlsamurai
Blood Moon
Kylo Rey
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
Armadeus
Darth Dingbat
Kylo Men
BenRey
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
Moonlight13
Piper Maru
SkyStar
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
Darth_Awakened
Maria26
CienaRee
IoJovi
BastilaBey
vaderito
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
MoonlitMoss
AceofWands
Reylo Lemon
guardienne
panki
Darth Dementor
Kylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
Saracene
Kessel
68 posters

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 18 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by guardienne Mon 23 Oct 2017, 1:04 pm

vaderito wrote:
guardienne wrote:i somehow feel that the title indicates a lack of enthusiasm on everyone's part.
@guardienne

I'm trying to think of any reason why anyone would be enthusiastic about this movie and I'm finding none. Very Happy
@vaderito

you're an even worse heretic than i am! ROFL

@iseeanisland yeah people who love obi-wan... maybe. i've run through my own ideas of what his story could be and have come up with nothing. lucas pretty much shut that door when he made literally everything align at the end of ROTS. even just dropping the line about watching over luke would have sufficed and he could have gone on some exciting adventures maybe? but this way he's pretty much stuck on tattooine meditating, fighting the sand people and avoiding the cantina.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 18 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 23 Oct 2017, 2:17 pm

guardienne wrote:
vaderito wrote:
guardienne wrote:i somehow feel that the title indicates a lack of enthusiasm on everyone's part.
@guardienne

I'm trying to think of any reason why anyone would be enthusiastic about this movie and I'm finding none. Very Happy
@vaderito

you're an even worse heretic than i am! ROFL

@iseeanisland yeah people who love obi-wan... maybe. i've run through my own ideas of what his story could be and have come up with nothing. lucas pretty much shut that door when he made literally everything align at the end of ROTS. even just dropping the line about watching over luke would have sufficed and he could have gone on some exciting adventures maybe? but this way he's pretty much stuck on tattooine meditating, fighting the sand people and avoiding the cantina.
@guardienne

I actually am looking forward to Han Solo. I actually think that the story will have significant bearing in Kylo's story in some fashion.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 23 Oct 2017, 5:36 pm

I'm only curious in that Kasdan co-wrote the screenplay with his son because 1) I always enjoy his writing and what he has to say on the craft of writing. Especially in creating the characters and their psychology. 2) They wrote the bridge scene for Ben and Han and 3) Kasdan obviously feels like he's the custodian of Han given the directors being ousted for not sticking to the script.

It's not going to be half a**ed with whatever he's come up with Han's past. Given the obvious personal investment, both for the character and collaborating with his son on it, we'll see if there's some nugget of information which ties in with the ST. There must have been some fun conversations about "remember that time I wanted to murder you." They wrote it together and until they say otherwise, I don't take that to mean Han's death is for nothing. As for this movie, I'd expect Han to be the ne'er-do-well who's in over his head and trying to hustle every situation he lands himself in while trying to ignore his conscience.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:31 pm

snufkin wrote:I'm only curious in that Kasdan co-wrote the screenplay with his son because 1) I always enjoy his writing and what he has to say on the craft of writing. Especially in creating the characters and their psychology. 2) They wrote the bridge scene for Ben and Han and 3) Kasdan obviously feels like he's the custodian of Han given the directors being ousted for not sticking to the script.

It's not going to be half a**ed with whatever he's come up with Han's past. Given the obvious personal investment, both for the character and collaborating with his son on it, we'll see if there's some nugget of information which ties in with the ST. There must have been some fun conversations about "remember that time I wanted to murder you." They wrote it together and until they say otherwise, I don't take that to mean Han's death is for nothing. As for this movie, I'd expect Han to be the ne'er-do-well who's in over his head and trying to hustle every situation he lands himself in while trying to ignore his conscience.
@snufkin

Right. If it's anything like the Leia: PoA novel, we'll be seeing lots of hints to Ben Solo in the young Han character. And given that TLJ will be out by the point that Solo is released, and we'll likely know Kylo/Ben a lot better by then, the callbacks will be pretty obvious.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:38 pm

@ISeeanIsland - I’m in the “Han shot first” Camp. Not because I care about canon or those type of debates, but because it says everything you need to know about him. He's a bad guy for hire whose ego/hubris leads him into trouble because he thinks that he can talk his way out of a deal with the Devil. That's part of the climax at ESB for him in Leia, both of their pasts catch up with them when they finally drop their guards and admit their feelings/attraction to one another. His is the underworld and the bounty Jabba's placed on him for the debt he's tried to dodge (part of why I figured he stuck with the Rebellion, for protection) and Leia's is Vader going after them as bait for Luke, which is the Force plot. But I think Han knows the hard way what happens when you make deals with dangerous people you think you can outwit. That's his warning to Ben about Snoke, like father like son.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:26 pm

snufkin wrote:@ISeeanIsland - I’m in the “Han shot first” Camp. Not because I care about canon or those type of debates, but because it says everything you need to know about him. He's a bad guy for hire whose ego/hubris leads him into trouble because he thinks that he can talk his way out of a deal with the Devil. That's part of the climax at ESB for him in Leia, both of their pasts catch up with them when they finally drop their guards and admit their feelings/attraction to one another. His is the underworld and the bounty Jabba's placed on him for the debt he's tried to dodge (part of why I figured he stuck with the Rebellion, for protection) and Leia's is Vader going after them as bait for Luke, which is the Force plot. But I think Han knows the hard way what happens when you make deals with dangerous people you think you can outwit. That's his warning to Ben about Snoke, like father like son.
@snufkin

@SoloSideCousin and I were at one of the Pablo panels at SWC and he confirmed Han shot first.

I wonder if Emilia Clarke's character's name was supposed to be Kira and they thought of reusing that name, since it was meant for Rey originally.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:41 pm

@ReyofLightSide - I've mentioned it before, but I saw the first movie on a date where it was the first of the special editions. My special gentleman friend at the time was young enough that he'd never seen it in the theaters. So he was on Cloud 9 the entire time and meanwhile I turned into a raging b**** over that change and also showing Jabba. Probably one of the few times ever that it was the woman who was being the pedantic nerd full of rage in that type of situation!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Wed 27 Dec 2017, 1:15 pm

These haven’t been officially confirmed by Lucas film but worth a look in. I’ve read quite a few stories about the Solo film today - wonder if the trailer is imminent. I’m curious to see this in May but do not have overwhelming urge as such (unless there’s calligraphy)

http://www.slashfilm.com/solo-first-look/

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 18 C677a710
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Thu 28 Dec 2017, 2:17 am

MrsWindu wrote:These haven’t been officially confirmed by Lucas film but worth a look in. I’ve read quite a few stories about the Solo film today - wonder if the trailer is imminent. I’m curious to see this in May but do not have overwhelming urge as such (unless there’s calligraphy)

http://www.slashfilm.com/solo-first-look/

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 18 C677a710
@MrsWindu

Looks like it could be legit. No expectations of this film, but I have a feeling I would like it in the end. And the good thing - we will see much more of that world of which there are barely glimpses in the saga. Cantinas, shady thugs. xD
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 28 Dec 2017, 3:01 am

Paul Bettany confirmed it will be a gangster movie...so am hoping we're getting an Ocean's Eleven or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels type of film....I would definitely love seeing a SW film that forays into those genres.

Here is some movie speculation- is Emilia Clarke playing Jabba the Hutt's wife? It is hinted in canon that Han stole Jabba's (good looking) wife and this is the real reason for Jabba putting a bounty on him.... I can see Jabba having a human trophy wife, considering his weakness for human and twi'lek slave girls.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 28 Dec 2017, 5:45 am

I hate to say this, but I'm not very excited for this movie. I actually vacillate between indifference and apprehension. I think I just don't want it to suck, lol. It looks like it's going to be "lighter" fare than the saga movies or RO. Since it's going to be more of a fun type movie, it won't be that profound or anything, which is both both good and bad. I kind of still wonder whether there's a reason they're digging into Han's past, but I'm thinking it's probably just for fun ($$$) based on what the movie seems to be about? I hope there is some tie in with how Han's character arc resolved in the ST and Ben, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I still think Alden Ehrenreich looks nothing like Han and it's still hard for me to accept someone other than Harrison Ford as Han, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

panki wrote:
Here is some movie speculation- is Emilia Clarke playing Jabba the Hutt's wife? It is hinted in canon that Han stole Jabba's (good looking) wife and this is the real reason for Jabba putting a bounty on him.... I can see Jabba having a human trophy wife, considering his weakness for human and twi'lek slave girls.
@panki

Eww, how gross, yet fitting. I always found Jabba so nasty. If something like that is true, then he'll be in the movie too which would be fun. I hope Emilia's character doesn't end up as a serious LI to Han. I know he was a lady's man before the OT and he's probably a flirt, but I'm hoping he's portrayed as the kind of guy who can't be tied down because he hasn't found the right woman (Leia) yet.

Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 28 Dec 2017, 5:54 am

Kessel wrote:
panki wrote:
@panki

Eww, how gross, yet fitting. I always found Jabba so nasty. If something like that is true, then he'll be in the movie too which would be fun. I hope Emilia's character doesn't end up as a serious LI to Han. I know he was a lady's man before the OT and he's probably a flirt, but I'm hoping he's portrayed as the kind of guy who can't be tied down because he hasn't found the right woman (Leia) yet.
@Kessel

Completely agree....maybe its good if he's hitting on married women, especially one who has probably married for wealth and power...means he is definitely not serious about her and she wants a toy boy. I'd be more worried if he was interested in a young single girl.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 30 Dec 2017, 5:51 pm

I have this stupid feeling that they are making this movie to test if it's possible to recast iconic SW characters. So they are testing it with Han Solo. In other franchises, the same characters often have been played by multiple actors in different movies. But that is perhaps because there was some kind of material before it comics etc and that is why it's easier to replace actors. Now in SW universe characters are tied to the actors, because they came first. So we shall see, I guess.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 30 Dec 2017, 6:13 pm

John Williams will be doing Han's theme!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sat 30 Dec 2017, 10:58 pm

@MrsWindu

I hope these are real! Emilia Clarke's character design looks stunning!!

I have really mixed feelings about this movie. On one hand it could be really fun but, I am also so afraid that it could end up showing everything like Chewie's liberation, Han winning the Falcon, and etc.. Hopefully if they end up showing these things it will be satisfying. I do kind of want to see why Han considered Lando to be respectful one. Haha
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 30 Dec 2017, 11:58 pm

I'm really keen to see the Corellian Spike game where Han won the Millennium Falcon from Lando with the golden dice that we saw in TLJ.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sun 31 Dec 2017, 8:22 am

@panki

I was thinking that when writing my previous post. I wouldn't mind this as it could be fun poetry for them to go from Han to Leia but, I also really like not knowing how this all want down.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 01 Jan 2018, 6:50 pm

Who’s at the controls of this #teamsolo pic ? And when’s the trailer due - there ‘should’ be one soon no ?

https://twitter.com/RealRonHoward/status/947859525360635904?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E3

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 18 A5839d10
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 05 Jan 2018, 12:22 am

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sun 07 Jan 2018, 8:42 am

I found some more Lego pics - I thought one of them was part of the Guavian Death gang, but it isn’t. Why is Han in an imperial outfit? And Chewie doesn’t have the bow caster.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 18 67fba310
Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 18 0ea93d10
Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 18 541dca10
Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 18 02a5a010
Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 18 6d97a410
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 09 Jan 2018, 3:22 pm

Are reshoots ‘normal’ this close to a release date ?

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/01/09/solo-star-wars-story-reshoots-2018/

MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 09 Jan 2018, 3:27 pm

MrsWindu wrote:Are reshoots ‘normal’ this close to a release date ?

@MrsWindu

No. And I was already kind of apprehensive given we still have no trailer. But it could just be little quibbles, to be honest, and if anyone can do reshoots in a very short time, it's Ron Howard.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 09 Jan 2018, 3:44 pm

Irina de France wrote:
MrsWindu wrote:Are reshoots ‘normal’ this close to a release date ?

@MrsWindu

No. And I was already kind of apprehensive given we still have no trailer. But it could just be little quibbles, to be honest, and if anyone can do reshoots in a very short time, it's Ron Howard.
@Irina de France

I'll tell you though, after seeing All the Money in the World the other day, it is amazing what a skilled, veteran director can do in a short period of time. Ridley reshot all of the Kevin Spacey scenes with Christopher Plummer in 9 days, and there was no awkwardness whatsoever, even though it was a lot of scenes.

Ron Howard is a similar veteran director. He will get the job done.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 10 Jan 2018, 12:08 pm

Anyway it's cool that Emilia's character is not written as Kura/Kira but Qi'Ra *Remembers all the Kura jokes* xD
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 16 Jan 2018, 2:26 pm

Synopsis revealed:

Here’s where the fun begins.

The official synopsis for Solo: A Star Wars Story was revealed today, offering some new details on the upcoming film. Read it below:

Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.

While not much else is known about the film, director Ron Howard has documented his experience making Solo: A Star Wars Story on Twitter and Instagram throughout production — with everything from set photos to shots of his morning coffee. StarWars.com has compiled all of his updates in one post, which you can view here.

Solo: A Star Wars Story is slated for release on May 25, 2018.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next