Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED]

+47
MrsWindu
snufkin
guardienne
Darth Rowan
Man Without A Star
SW_Heroine_Journey
fuhry
EchoBase
unicorn
Birdwoman
Tex
Moonjump05
Armadeus
CienaRee
teltaru
Moonlight13
SanghaRen
Forsythia
Apriljandy
12 Parsnips
twilekempire
nickandnora
motherofpearl1
SkyStar
IoJovi
SheLitAFire
Saracene
YeeRees
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
rey09
Darth Dementor
Riri
ISeeAnIsland
MindAndMagic
Kylo Rey
Starliteprism
Geralt_Riv
AhsokaTano
rawpowah
Ynqve
DeeBee
Darth_Awakened
californiagirl
SoloSideCousin
Cowgirlsamurai
Irina de France
51 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] Empty Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Irina de France Sun 20 May 2018, 6:04 pm

This thread is for everyone wishing to discuss about Solo and any spoilery details other people might not want to see. Spoiler extravaganza, so viewer discretion is of course advised. Smile
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 23 May 2018, 10:24 am

So, has it been confirmed that there are no obvious Ben references in this movie? That's about the only thing I'd care to hear about in advance. I keep seeing that there are a lot of surprising references that fans of the old EU will appreciate, but not much else in the way of spoilers.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 23 May 2018, 11:02 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:So, has it been confirmed that there are no obvious Ben references in this movie? That's about the only thing I'd care to hear about in advance. I keep seeing that there are a lot of surprising references that fans of the old EU will appreciate, but not much else in the way of spoilers.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I believe that there is one major Han/Ben parallel at least, and maybe a second, based on a quick perusal of spoilers before stopping myself from looking further. We'll see, but I think it is possible that the fanboys won't be able to pick up these parallels.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 23 May 2018, 11:19 am

Just came back from the cinema. Keep in mind that I've been feeling very ill today, so someone who's not feeling actually physically sick in the cinema will probably get more out of the film than I did... but here are some scattered thoughts nonetheless.

Overall, it was an okay film IMO. Nothing disastrous and terrible about it - in fact, it's perfectly competent in every way - but also nothing especially memorable. Better world-building than the ST, but that's not saying much. I thought Alden did fine as Han, it was surprisingly easy for me to accept someone other than Harrison in the role - some of his facial expressions and mannerisms made me feel like I was really watching a younger Han Solo. Unfortunately it was the script that made him seem rather un-Han-like to me. Han in this film was definitely more of a Dickensian street kid with a heart of gold. I originally expected this film to show how Han became the Han we met in ANH, but nope, even at the end of this film he's still the same kid with a heart of gold.

I'd read spoilers beforehand, so the things that might have upset me if I hadn't known about them (Han and Qi'ra, namely) didn't bother me at all. What did disappoint me is that a film like this needs a tight plot to be good. This one seemed disappointingly disjointed and aimless. Or perhaps uninspired is the better word. The story itself is pretty simple, and that's good, but it didn't delve enough into its most interesting elements, and a lot of what it did delve into felt rather... unearned? For example, we knew L3 for basically a matter of minutes - much of which was, "um... what's going on between Lando and his droid exactly" - and then her "death scene" looked like it was supposed to make an emotional impact, but it just felt rather awkward to me. Val's death in the beginning was more emotional (thanks to the actress), but we only knew her for some minutes too. Beckett's death looked like it was supposed to be a major milestone in Han's career, but it felt likewise unearned. He and Han didn't really have a meaningful relationship, so why would his death be all that meaningful? I'm repeating myself, but you get what I'm saying, I'm sure.

I really liked Emilia Clarke in this and I don't understand why people are always calling her a poor actress. She was fine in this role, to me at least. I'm one of those people who were upset to hear spoilers about Han and Qi'ra because I felt like it undermines Han and Leia. I still feel that way, but the film didn't really bother me because in the end Han didn't seem all that heartbroken to me, but more like he already knew his youthful dream of love was gone and that the Qi'ra he'd loved no longer existed. But had I not had time to get over it beforehand, I'd certainly be iffy about the fact that it was tragic circumstances that got in the way of Han and his first love, and had their original plan succeeded, they'd presumably have lived happily ever after.

I haven't had time to process all this yet, but I suppose there's something a little disturbing in how unresolved Qi'ra's development from that young hopeful girl to hardened crime boss (?) actually is. It was never quite clear to me why she made the decision she did. She was subservient to Dryden Vos, then she turned against him and killed her oppressor (?), and then the next thing we know she's in an even more subservient role to Maul, who acts like he owns her in the end. There was even something that made me raise my eyebrows about the way Maul said he and Qi'ra would be "working more closely" from now on - I had to remind myself that Maul lost his lower half so I assume there won't be anything sexual there. But... yeah.

Speaking of Dryden Vos. I certainly didn't expect to find him so HOT. Like, really hot. I don't know if it's just me Laughing That also muddled Qi'ra's arc to me because, while the implication was that Vos had "saved" her from the gutter into his bed, in Qi'ra's shoes I would have found him a thousand times sexier than Alden's Han, and in fact never did it seem like Qi'ra found him repulsive or anything. She seemed comfortable enough with him. So the nature of the relationship was rather unclear... I've heard a lot of spoiler discussion call her a "sex slave" but at the same time it didn't seem like she minded it, so...??? Very unclear. But anyway, the film def. needed more Paul Bettany as Dryden Vos - dangerous, unpredictable, sexy af, and with a weakness for Qi'ra. I wish the film had built a tighter plot around the Han-Qi'ra-Vos dynamic because that was by far the most promising element here.

What else. Well, the ending. It wasn't really an ending, IMO, as it made me want to know what happens next. If the story doesn't continue in some form where it left off, with Maul as the Big Bad, I'll eat my pants.

Last edited by Darth Dingbat on Wed 23 May 2018, 12:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 23 May 2018, 11:21 am

How did I forget to mention Chewie! Han and Chewie were the other thing I really liked about this film, besides Dryden Vos.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 23 May 2018, 11:30 am

@Darth Dingbat Interesting. Good to know Emilia Clarke is good, it's just that the trailers didn't do her much justice, which is all I've seen of her role here. Didn't read all the spoilers, but I did kind of expect her to betray Han. I haven't head much criticism of Alden either, so that's also good. I've also head very nice things about Han and Chewie. It's hard to imagine the Kasdans and Ron Howard making a bad movie, and it sounds like they didn't.

Wonder how audiences will react to the cinematic return of Maul. Most viewers don't know that he was alive after Episode I and was brought back for The Clone Wars and Rebels.

I was getting the sense even from non-spoiler reviews that this was more a series of events and escapades than an actual single, coherent story. That it is scattered doesn't surprise me. I wonder if this would have worked better as an HBO/whatever Disney's streaming service is going to be miniseries, or a season of a SW anthology show. Like an old Western serial, which space cowboy Han is totally modeled after.

And he kills the father-like figure who betrayed him, right? I hope that's overt enough for audiences to pick up on as a parallel. Though I'm sure the hardcore fanboys will think Han is justified, unlike Kylo.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 23 May 2018, 11:38 am

Can anyone please tell me HOW Maul survived getting cut in half? It makes me pretty bitter that Obi Wan's revenge for Qui-Gon was undone.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 23 May 2018, 11:40 am

californiagirl wrote:@Darth Dingbat Interesting. Good to know Emilia Clarke is good, it's just that the trailers didn't do her much justice, which is all I've seen of her role here. Didn't read all the spoilers, but I did kind of expect her to betray Han. I haven't head much criticism of Alden either, so that's also good. I've also head very nice things about Han and Chewie. It's hard to imagine the Kasdans and Ron Howard making a bad movie, and it sounds like they didn't.

Wonder how audiences will react to the cinematic return of Maul. Most viewers don't know that he was alive after Episode I and was brought back for The Clone Wars and Rebels.

I was getting the sense even from non-spoiler reviews that this was more a series of events and escapades than an actual single, coherent story. That it is scattered doesn't surprise me. I wonder if this would have worked better as an HBO/whatever Disney's streaming service is going to be miniseries, or a season of a SW anthology show. Like an old Western serial, which space cowboy Han is totally modeled after.

And he kills the father-like figure who betrayed him, right? I hope that's overt enough for audiences to pick up on as a parallel. Though I'm sure the hardcore fanboys will think Han is justified, unlike Kylo.
@californiagirl

Actually from the spoilers I'd read, I expected the film to be more of a string of scattered adventures, but there is actually an overarching story here, mostly about stealing extremely valuable fuel. I just wish it were more tightly plotted.

I wouldn't call Beckett a father figure, tbh. They'd pretty much only just met. But I suppose if Han was a father figure to Rey, this is along those same lines... I have no idea if it was intended as a Kylo parallel, but Beckett was about to shoot Han, and Han shot first.

(At some point Han actually talks about his own father, fondly?, but I didn't catch what happened to him. I assume he died.)
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 23 May 2018, 11:51 am

@Darth Dingbat If I recall, Han is an orphan. In Legends I think he was too. Hence being the scrappy street kid.

So we don't see him turning into a cynic who doesn't want to pick a side like in ANH? I figured he'd have an antihero's journey or something.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 23 May 2018, 11:59 am

californiagirl wrote:@Darth Dingbat If I recall, Han is an orphan. In Legends I think he was too. Hence being the scrappy street kid.

So we don't see him turning into a cynic who doesn't want to pick a side like in ANH? I figured he'd have an antihero's journey or something.
@californiagirl

I figured that too, originally, but that wasn't the impression I got from the film at all. In fact he does a very selfless and noble thing in the end - helping a young rebel leader - and he and Chewie are optimistically off to new adventures, presumably getting mixed up with the Hutts next.

So perhaps he morphs into a cynic in the next film? I dunno. Like I said, I'll eat my trousers if this story is meant to be an actual standalone. It's just way too open-ended for that. Maul ordering Qi'ra to Dathomir did invigorate my inner fanboy and I really want to know what happens next. I almost feel like this film was just set-up for further adventures.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 23 May 2018, 12:00 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Can anyone please tell me HOW Maul survived getting cut in half? It makes me pretty bitter that Obi Wan's revenge for Qui-Gon was undone.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Two years and few months ago - I was at the same place you're now. AKA totally clueless about Maul's "resurrection" in The Clone Wars cartoon.

I feel your pain.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 23 May 2018, 12:01 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Can anyone please tell me HOW Maul survived getting cut in half? It makes me pretty bitter that Obi Wan's revenge for Qui-Gon was undone.
@Cowgirlsamurai

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 23 May 2018, 12:19 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

Two years and few months ago - I was at the same place you're now. AKA totally clueless about Maul's "resurrection" in The Clone Wars cartoon.

I feel your pain.

@Darth_Awakened

I was actually aware, but since I haven't watched Clone Wars, and it hasn't come up in the films yet, I chose to ignore it, lol. It might sound ridiculous, but now I feel I have to face the music, and I'm unhappy Neutral
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 23 May 2018, 12:27 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

I feel your pain.

@Darth_Awakened

I was actually aware, but since I haven't watched Clone Wars, and it hasn't come up in the films yet, I chose to ignore it, lol. It might sound ridiculous, but now I feel I have to face the music, and I'm unhappy Neutral
@Cowgirlsamurai

I feel you. On the bright side, Maul is a wonderful villain in TCW - complex, dangerous, and bonkers - so if there's a chance of getting some of that in a live action film, I'm most definitely game...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 23 May 2018, 12:27 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
californiagirl wrote:@Darth Dingbat If I recall, Han is an orphan. In Legends I think he was too. Hence being the scrappy street kid.

@californiagirl

I figured that too, originally, but that wasn't the impression I got from the film at all. In fact he does a very selfless and noble thing in the end - helping a young rebel leader - and he and Chewie are optimistically off to new adventures, presumably getting mixed up with the Hutts next.

So perhaps he morphs into a cynic in the next film? I dunno. Like I said, I'll eat my trousers if this story is meant to be an actual standalone. It's just way too open-ended for that. Maul ordering Qi'ra to Dathomir did invigorate my inner fanboy and I really want to know what happens next. I almost feel like this film was just set-up for further adventures.
@Darth Dingbat

Alden signed on for 3 films. Whether that will happen or not, or if he will be a supporting character in a Lando movie or something, remains to be seen. Felicity Jones signed on for several, and that didn't happen, though probably because RO offed her character later in development, not when she signed. KK expressed interested in Han-Chewie-Lando stories. But audiences were soured on the Solo movie concept from the get-go, and the somewhat meh response it's getting, paired with the production woes, are not helping matters. Perhaps LF would like more Alden-Solo movies, but I'm not confident they will get the opportunity. Maybe if they sold it as more of an international box office play, as this seems like an easily marketable movie.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 23 May 2018, 12:43 pm

For those wondering about Maul, explanation under the spoiler tag for those who don't want to get spoiled about The Clone Wars or Rebels:

Spoiler:

As for Solo, I think it might be an intro of sorts to that underworld crime TV series we've been hearing rumors about. I really won't be surprised if Qi'Ra will be a main character in it

Last edited by Irina de France on Thu 24 May 2018, 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 23 May 2018, 12:45 pm

californiagirl wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:

@californiagirl

@Darth Dingbat

Alden signed on for 3 films. Whether that will happen or not, or if he will be a supporting character in a Lando movie or something, remains to be seen. Felicity Jones signed on for several, and that didn't happen, though probably because RO offed her character later in development, not when she signed. KK expressed interested in Han-Chewie-Lando stories. But audiences were soured on the Solo movie concept from the get-go, and the somewhat meh response it's getting, paired with the production woes, are not helping matters. Perhaps LF would like more Alden-Solo movies, but I'm not confident they will get the opportunity. Maybe if they sold it as more of an international box office play, as this seems like an easily marketable movie.
@californiagirl

Yeah, we'll see how it goes. Whether we'll get the continuation of the story in comics or whatever, if the films don't happen. But I do feel like this film was made with sequels in mind.

Based on this film alone, I don't think a Lando film is happening. Glover is good, but the film doesn't do anything interesting with the character. But that's just IMO, of course.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 23 May 2018, 9:40 pm

I loved the movie!!!!!!!!!
Anyone got questions? I’ll be around on and off the next 8 hours or so..

Soooo I guess if this is a spoiler thread I don't need to spoilerise?

A few random thoughts:
I thought the movie was really funny!

I loved the guy playing Han - didn't care one jot that he didn't look like Harrison. who cares! His character was so well written it was obvious he was Han. Awhhh right from the very first joke where he tries to bluff himself out of something.

The appearance of Darth Maul was a massive, cool surprise they saved till the very end. Loved it! Not sure how this Crimson Dawn fits with the empire - are they a side faction Maul is operating to get a slice of the action? Maybe someone can explain that one to me lol.

I loved Enfys Nest - and how she ended up being a goodie. I thought she was awesome bad***. I want a movie just with her haaaa.

because I was not following spoilers at all i don't know what people thought Qi'ra would be. but I figured she and Han couldn't end up together in the end. I liked the way her story ended. I was sure she would die lol. but it was much better - I don't think we've seen the last of Qi'ra!!!

The story was so clever and well done - and all of the MF flying actions scenes were fantastic- usually I am not so interested in ship flying scenes lol.. but the whole storm on the way to Kessel had me on the edge of my seat and it was just gorgeous to look at. All the action was fantastic to look at.. (once it moved on from dingy Corellia that is.. )

This movie IMHO proves there are sooooo many star wars stories to be told that are awesome - aside from the Skywalkers.
[but oh please give me a rey/kylo happy ending anyway! Smile ]

Okay enough rambling from me..
If you've got questions I'll give it a go answering.. otherwise - hope you enjoy the movie!

Edited to add: I’ve shared my thoughts before reading the thoughts of others- looking forward to reading orher’s reactions!

Last edited by DeeBee on Thu 24 May 2018, 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Thu 24 May 2018, 12:13 am

So, I saw it last night. Given the production issues, it's surprisingly good but tbh I thought it was really weak. I don't get why they have to show how Han got or did everything. Seriously in the movie they even explain why his last name is Solo (because he's alone, get it! lolololol). I would have preferred it if they just focused on one event - like Han getting the Falcon or meeting Chewie. I don't get why they had to shove everything into the same plot. And even though there are some intense action scenes (such as during the Kessel run) you never worry about Han, Chewie or the Falcon because we know that they'll be fine and that lack of suspense really bothered me.

Maul was my favorite part. They used Sam's voice for him which made me so happy. But it's also a weird cameo since it's going to confuse a lot of viewers (someone actually shouted "what the hell" at my screening). Overall Solo doesn't really add anything to the universe. It feels like it's just there because Han is a popular character and the mouse likes money. It's not a bad film, it's just mediocre. I'm not mad about it but it's disappointing to see them play so safe when TLJ took massive risks.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 24 May 2018, 1:04 am

I'll try to respond to people's thoughts.. forgive me if this is a little random..
@Darth Dingbat - sorry to hear you've been unwell. Hope you are feeling better! I agree with your point about L3 - and Lando's grief. I was all 'huh?!' even though I loved L3 and she was loads of fun.. ahem..
I'm confused about the last shot and how those time lines fit with this. Aie. my head is spinning a bit with the chronology.
I agree a whole movie of Lando sounds a bit much. I think he is too OTT to be the lead. but YMMV

I can see if you didn't know Maul had lived you'd be confused - or wondering who they guy is who looks like Maul. The person I went with didn't realise that was Maul!

Han's father confused me - I thought Han said he didn't know is family name.. and then he tells Lando that his dad use to work on the production line of the MF type ship or something.. like he knew him? maybe he died when Han was very young but whatever.
I liked the line about how Han Solo got his name.
I thought it was a nice parallel with Rey - who also has no last name, and who also starts out scavenging for an evil controlling overlord she had to get out from under the control of.

I think I had low expectations going in, found it was a fun ride and looking a little deeper I can see some interesting things to think about - the movie leaves lots of questions unanswered but then the movie couldn't do everything. -i.e. origins of characters, organisations etc. and how did Enfys Nest find out about the heist on the train? Was it answered and I missed it?
Well I think there are lots of stories yet to be told and that's fine with me. I didn't need to see Qi'ra's story from corellia to working for Vos - it works for the movie that it is mysterious and I loved that there were hints she had picked up some killer training throughout but not much was made of it. Han was not as curious about it as I felt he could have been.. but then I think that was his naive belief in her..

I think the movie added to the SW universe, and I enjoyed seeing the new locations.

I also thought it was interesting to see Han's dad was connected the model of the MF... and maybe in IX that same connection to the ship will continue with Han and Ben... grandfather to father to son.. kind of.. lol.

I also saw parallels with Qi'ra and Kylo/Ben: the choices she makes - she seems to think it is too late for her and she has done too many bad things, she can't turn her life around now. She also kills her 'master' and takes his place - though she has another bigger bad she has to answer to in his place too apparently. Han offered her a way out, and she chose not to take it. She could have joined the start of the rebellion... but she chose to stay with Crimson Dawn.. because she was a 'survivor'. So was Han - he's a survivor too, but he was able to make different choices.
I think one of the worst things about evil is the evil it brings out in people who would have otherwise not become evil themselves.. they get sucked in and become something they would never have wished to be. That's how I see Qi'ra - and again, it's a parallel with Kylo/Ben's journey so far...

I've been super curious to hear all your thoughts - I thought the overall plot was great and I loved the little references and answers we got along the way - it wasn't too much for me but I understand that YMMV. I liked the humour of Solo better than that of TLJ.
I think I'm just a sucker for enjoying star wars movies..

One other thing I loved - all the things we knew were going to happen (even if we had not been spoiled) like that Chewie would become co-pilot or that Han would win the MF in a card game - they all unfold in the movie, but not when or how we expected it to.. I thought they did great with keeping this suspenseful - and I didn't mind that I knew Han and chewie were always going to get out of it. that was unavoidable unless we went down the world between worlds path haaaaa..

I was thinking Han hero worshipped Beckett a little - with the blaster twirls and wanting to be taught how to do it.. but I didn't get the father figure vibe. I did figure killing Beckett was Han's coming of age moment in a sense.. where he really let go of his adolescence and faced the realities of who you can trust and kill or be kill I guess. I haven't read any press about the movie - was this movie considered the Han and Qi'ra coming of age movie? LOL that Chewie says he was what 190 year old. and Han says you look good!

Anyway, thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts I've enjoyed hearing other's experiences!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 24 May 2018, 2:02 am

DeeBee wrote:
The appearance of Darth Maul was a massive, cool surprise they saved till the very end. Loved it! Not sure how this Crimson Dawn fits with the empire - are they a side faction Maul is operating to get a slice of the action? Maybe someone can explain that one to me lol.
@DeeBee

There's no way Maul would ever work for the Empire, but I think the idea was that Crimson Dawn is like the Empire: exploitative and oppressive in the same way. So there's really nowhere to run, because on one side the Empire reigns, and in the shadows of the Empire, crime syndicates like Crimson Dawn reign.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 24 May 2018, 2:25 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
DeeBee wrote:
@DeeBee

There's no way Maul would ever work for the Empire, but I think the idea was that Crimson Dawn is like the Empire: exploitative and oppressive in the same way. So there's really nowhere to run, because on one side the Empire reigns, and in the shadows of the Empire, crime syndicates like Crimson Dawn reign.
@Darth Dingbat

Yeah true. I've got to catch up on what he got up to once he put himself back together (LOL). I vaguely remembered he was betrayed by Sidious or something.. so seems like we have not heard the last of Crimson Dawn!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 24 May 2018, 11:11 am

Okay, this cracked me up, though it's a little sad.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] Scree168
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 24 May 2018, 11:24 am

Ynqve wrote:Overall Solo doesn't really add anything to the universe. It feels like it's just there because Han is a popular character and the mouse likes money. It's not a bad film, it's just mediocre. I'm not mad about it but it's disappointing to see them play so safe when TLJ took massive risks.
@Ynqve

I feel like it's a "bone" they're throwing to Han fans who are angry that his evil son killed him in TFA. Just because a character dies, it doesn't mean they can't use them in future releases! See also: Darth Maul, lol. Expect a young Luke spinoff next!  Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 24 May 2018, 11:58 am

Question. I keep seeing the lines "I hate you", "I know" quoted in relation to Solo. What is the context of these lines? Who says them to who? What happens?
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next