Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

+64
DeeBee
Let The Past Die
AhsokaTano
Lucina
californiagirl
12 Parsnips
Man Without A Star
rawpowah
EchoBase
giaciak2
special_cases
SanghaRen
Dar-ren19
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
KnightsofReylo_2015
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
MyOnlyHope
BB-Rey
rey09
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
Geralt_Riv
Marchtwin
ReyofLightSide
Helix
Mana
Cowgirlsamurai
Blood Moon
Kylo Rey
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
Armadeus
Darth Dingbat
Kylo Men
BenRey
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
Moonlight13
Piper Maru
SkyStar
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
Darth_Awakened
Maria26
CienaRee
IoJovi
BastilaBey
vaderito
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
MoonlitMoss
AceofWands
Reylo Lemon
guardienne
panki
Darth Dementor
Kylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
Saracene
Kessel
68 posters

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] Empty Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 05 May 2016, 11:58 pm

Mod note: Out of respect for those who haven't seen the movie and don't want to get spoiled. Please post anything having to do with spoilers for Solo here. If you have any questions, please contact tje staff by PM.

Alden Ehrenreich as the Young Han Solo

http://collider.com/han-solo-movie-actor-alden-ehrenreich/
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Kessel Fri 06 May 2016, 12:48 am

I'm sure the movie will be well done and all, but I just have to say, I don't want a new Han Solo! Harrison Ford will always be the only Han Solo for me. Sad  

I know there are probably more interesting story ideas available for a Han movie due to Han's colorful past, but I wish they'd do a Obiwan movie instead. They have a perfectly aged and beautiful Ewan McGregor available.

Oh well, if they must do a Han Solo movie then I want to see Jabba the Hutt, I guess.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 06 May 2016, 1:47 am

Thanks for the info!

I am very much looking forward to that movie. Should be fun! Very fun.
(Han, Chewie, I am guessing Jabba and Greedo as well).
Though it would be a bit strange to watch someone else playing Han.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 06 May 2016, 4:22 am

I was very skeptical at first, but Ehrenreich absolutely killed it in Hail, Caesar! and has charisma to burn. Plus the guys in charge of the movie did the The Lego Movie, which sounded awful on paper but turned out to be delightful and inventive.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 10:00 am

I haven't seen Hail, Caesar! or a thing else Alden Ehrenreich has been in. It is difficult for me to picture Han Solo as anyone other than Harrison Ford, right now. But I'm willing to keep an open mind. Han was and is a hero, but he did dodgy stuff too. Perhaps they intend to show more of his dubious nature. Ben isn't all Skywalker, and like father like son isn't just a saying! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 06 May 2016, 11:03 am

Alden Ehrenreich is amazing in Hail Caeser!

I hope they show five episodes in his life:

1. How he left being a young imperial officer when he saved Chewie's life.
2. The famous Kessel run.
3. Becoming a scoundrel, and recruiting other scoundrels to rob the Black Sun gang.
4. The origins of his enmity with Greedo.
5. Winning the MF from Lando at Sabac (could be linked to the Scoundrels story)

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 06 May 2016, 11:06 am

panki wrote:Alden Ehrenreich is amazing in Hail Caeser!

3. Becoming a scoundrel, and recruiting other scoundrels to rob the Black Sun gang.
@panki

Is it from EU or so-called "new canon"?

I wonder are we gonna see Lando?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 06 May 2016, 11:42 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
panki wrote:Alden Ehrenreich is amazing in Hail Caeser!

@panki

Is it from EU or so-called "new canon"?

I wonder are we gonna see Lando?
@Darth_Awakened

Most of these stories....saving chewie, the sabac game with Lando for the MF, the Kessel run and the animosity towards Greedo are referenced in canon but the stories themselves haven't been covered in movies/books.comics/TV Shows as yet...They have to show a young Lando in a Han Solo movie....they are old friends after all.....maybe they'll later have a standalone Lando movie with Han making a cameo appearance movie if the anthology movies do well.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 06 May 2016, 12:37 pm

tnx for the explanation Smile

I really do get a bit lost among all these canon/non-canon staff.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Fri 06 May 2016, 1:12 pm

Han Solo had a twinkle in his eye and a natural, "clean-cut" rogue-ishness to him so that he's lovable even if he does questionable things. I hope this actor is able to portray all that or else it'd be another YA Aladdin type film. Laughing I'll still be in the seat at the movie theater though.

My head cannon is that Han Solo and Boba Fett were head to head even back when they were younger, which is why Boba knew all of Han Solo's tricks. Of course this doesn't fit in with the whole clone thing (why GL, why?). Laughing
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 06 May 2016, 1:47 pm

It is from Hail Caesar! the closest to space cowboy I found. real cowboy will do for a start.
I am not familiar with the actor at all, but due to the great new cast of TFA - the standard is definitely higher now.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 06 May 2016, 2:36 pm

Saracene wrote:I was very skeptical at first, but Ehrenreich absolutely killed it in Hail, Caesar! and has charisma to burn. Plus the guys in charge of the movie did the The Lego Movie, which sounded awful on paper but turned out to be delightful and inventive.
@Saracene

Kasdan is writing it too. He is the world expert on Han Solo. I have never seen this young guy act, but I like to hear that he killed it in a Coen Brothers movie. Awesome!
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 06 May 2016, 3:09 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Saracene wrote:I was very skeptical at first, but Ehrenreich absolutely killed it in Hail, Caesar! and has charisma to burn. Plus the guys in charge of the movie did the The Lego Movie, which sounded awful on paper but turned out to be delightful and inventive.
@Saracene

Kasdan is writing it too. He is the world expert on Han Solo. I have never seen this young guy act, but I like to hear that he killed it in a Coen Brothers movie. Awesome!
@SoloSideCousin
Kasdan?! Did not know at all. Now it definitely sounds promising.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by panki Sat 07 May 2016, 7:39 pm

I just read a rumor that the role of young Han Solo was cast early so he could make a cameo appearance in Rogue One....though the Han Solo movie filming only begins early next year.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 08 May 2016, 5:52 am

panki wrote:I just read a rumor that the role of young Han Solo was cast early so he could make a cameo appearance in Rogue One....though the Han Solo movie filming only begins early next year.
@panki

I do not buy it at all.
The Rogue One is already deep in post production. They do not need young Han in that movie at all.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 08 May 2016, 1:33 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
panki wrote:I just read a rumor that the role of young Han Solo was cast early so he could make a cameo appearance in Rogue One....though the Han Solo movie filming only begins early next year.
@panki

I do not buy it at all.
The Rogue One is already deep in post production. They do not need young Han in that movie at all.
@Darth_Awakened

They don't need to show him in the movie per se......they can even add him in a short scene post credits (marvel style) to create excitement for the next anthology...

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 08 May 2016, 8:00 pm

I've only seen AE in Beautiful Creatures.  I was indifferent towards him based on it.  I didn't think he was a great actor but I  didn't think he was terrible either.  But he got the gig for a reason, so I will give him a shot.

I will admit I didn't think Chad Boswick was right for Black Panther for the same reason; saw him in one role and judged him on that single performance alone. Then he knocked it out of the park in Capt America Civil War. Lesson I learned? You can never say an actor isnt right for a role based on one performance.

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 08 May 2016, 8:44 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:I've only seen AE in Beautiful Creatures.  I was indifferent towards him based on it.  I didn't think he was a great actor but I  didn't think he was terrible either.  But he got the gig for a reason, so I will give him a shot.

I will admit I didn't think Chad Boswick was right for Black Panther for the same reason; saw him in one role and judged him on that single performance alone. Then he knocked it out of the park in Capt America Civil War. Lesson I learned? You can never say an actor isnt right for a role based on one performance.
@Darth Dementor

You are so right....I was also sceptical of the casting of Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther...but by the time they reached the scene where he spoke to Baron Zimo about his family, he became one of my favourite characters....I hope they give him a standalone film too....he so deserves it!

I am sure they cast Han Solo's role with a lot of care, considering how many people love his character.....hopefully it will be a great movie Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 08 May 2016, 9:01 pm

@Panki

The Black Panther movie is already on the works, scheduled for summer of 2018.  Klaw, the guy who's arm got chopped of in Avengers 2, is rumoured to be the villian(played none other by Snoke himself).

Civil War was a great way to showcase him and the new Spider-Man.  Whose to say LF won't follow the same formula since it works so well for Marvel?

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sun 22 May 2016, 11:31 am

not keen on this i general for reasons of not having to have backstory for everyone but here's a good interview with alden ehrenreich

also pleased to hear that the yellow birds has been made.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 31 May 2016, 1:39 pm

https://www.scified.com/news/lawrence-kasdan-talks-han-solo-a-star-wars-story

An interview with Lawrence Kasdan mostly on Han Solo story
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 02 Jun 2016, 5:38 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:https://www.scified.com/news/lawrence-kasdan-talks-han-solo-a-star-wars-story

An interview with Lawrence Kasdan mostly on Han Solo story
@Darth_Awakened

I read a rumor that the main story is about how Han became a scoundrel....maybe they'll make an adaptation of the EU novel-Scoundrels (they have already brought the Black Sun crime syndicate into canon so they can easily do this)? I hope Sana Starros makes an appearance in the movie as well....

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] Scoundrels

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 12 Aug 2016, 5:29 am

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Fri 12 Aug 2016, 6:31 am

guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next