Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

+64
DeeBee
Let The Past Die
AhsokaTano
Lucina
californiagirl
12 Parsnips
Man Without A Star
rawpowah
EchoBase
giaciak2
special_cases
SanghaRen
Dar-ren19
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
KnightsofReylo_2015
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
MyOnlyHope
BB-Rey
rey09
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
Geralt_Riv
Marchtwin
ReyofLightSide
Helix
Mana
Cowgirlsamurai
Blood Moon
Kylo Rey
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
Armadeus
Darth Dingbat
Kylo Men
BenRey
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
Moonlight13
Piper Maru
SkyStar
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
Darth_Awakened
Maria26
CienaRee
IoJovi
BastilaBey
vaderito
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
MoonlitMoss
AceofWands
Reylo Lemon
guardienne
panki
Darth Dementor
Kylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
Saracene
Kessel
68 posters

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 19 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by IoJovi Tue 16 Jan 2018, 2:38 pm

snufkin wrote:Synopsis revealed:

Here’s where the fun begins.

The official synopsis for Solo: A Star Wars Story was revealed today, offering some new details on the upcoming film. Read it below:

Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.

While not much else is known about the film, director Ron Howard has documented his experience making Solo: A Star Wars Story on Twitter and Instagram throughout production — with everything from set photos to shots of his morning coffee. StarWars.com has compiled all of his updates in one post, which you can view here.

Solo: A Star Wars Story is slated for release on May 25, 2018.
@snufkin

The idea of Han meeting Chewie for the first time gives me chills.  I can't wait!!!  cheers
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 19 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by BB-Rey Tue 16 Jan 2018, 2:41 pm

I'm getting more and more excited for this movie as the release date nears. I especially can't wait to learn more about Emilia Clarke's character!
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 16 Jan 2018, 2:53 pm

@IoJovi It's *the* love story of that franchise. I would like to think part of the reason why Chewie looks after Rey is because he knew Han thought a lot of her.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 16 Jan 2018, 3:50 pm

The official synopsis for Solo: A Star Wars Story was revealed today, offering some new details on the upcoming film. Read it below:

Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.

While not much else is known about the film, director Ron Howard has documented his experience making Solo: A Star Wars Story on Twitter and Instagram throughout production — with everything from set photos to shots of his morning coffee. StarWars.com has compiled all of his updates in one post, which you can view here.

@snufkin

Mmm, this might actually not be too bad. I'm actually starting to look forward to it.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 16 Jan 2018, 3:58 pm

@Irina de France I *may* forgive him for what he did with the Grinch (which was Dr. Seuss' widow cashing out b/c she and Ray Kroc's widow were in a philanthropy arms race) if it's okay. I do enjoy Kasdan's writing and as others have speculated, he wrote this w/his son the same way they wrote the bridge scene in TFA and there are plenty of Soooooloooow references in TLJ, so we'll see if it ties together somehow.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 16 Jan 2018, 9:48 pm

IoJovi wrote:

The idea of Han meeting Chewie for the first time gives me chills.  I can't wait!!!  cheers
@IoJovi

Is Joonas playing Chewie in this movie too?

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 16 Jan 2018, 9:49 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@IoJovi

@SheLitAFire

Yep! Very Happy

(Joonas is such a cutie, though. No wonder Chewie's a ladies' man)
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 16 Jan 2018, 9:52 pm

Irina de France wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@IoJovi

@SheLitAFire

Yep! Very Happy

@Irina de France

Thanks! I suppose I could look it up but I was feeling lazy and just wanted to join the conversation without having much to add. So...Paul Bettany was added to the movie AFTER Ron Howard took over? Umm, that's interesting... I had no idea he is going to be in it.
Dated Sept 2017: 'Star Wars' Han Solo Movie Adds Paul Bettany
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 16 Jan 2018, 9:54 pm

IoJovi wrote:

@snufkin

@IoJovi

Me too. While this movie still causes me some apprehension, the idea of seeing Han and Chewie’s very first meeting warms my heart. Smile
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 16 Jan 2018, 10:46 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
Irina de France wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@IoJovi

@SheLitAFire

Yep! Very Happy

@Irina de France

Thanks! I suppose I could look it up but I was feeling lazy and just wanted to join the conversation without having much to add. So...Paul Bettany was added to the movie AFTER Ron Howard took over? Umm, that's interesting... I had no idea he is going to be in it.
Dated Sept 2017: 'Star Wars' Han Solo Movie Adds Paul Bettany
@SheLitAFire

I believe that Paul Bettany took over the part that Michael K Williams originally had. If I recall, MKW couldn't do the extensive reshooting schedule, so for reshoots, they cut MKW and re-shot the whole character with Paul Bettany.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Tue 16 Jan 2018, 10:50 pm

@SheLitAFire

It's because Michael K. Williams had been casted in the role but he was unable to return for reshoots. So they casted Paul Bettany in his place. They also reworked the character from a motion-capture alien to a human.

Oh, sorry @iseeanisland, I didn't see your post!
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Tue 16 Jan 2018, 11:27 pm

I'm actually looking forward to this movie. It's nice to have Star Wars films coming out regularly that I'm not emotionally invested in to help bridge the gaps in the ST.

Personally, I'm hoping Solo turns out to be a fun, heartwarming, somewhat simplistic crowd-pleaser that appeases some of the more mindless fanboys out there. If LF wants to pile on OT nostalgia, I think anthology movies are the places to do it. Let's keep taking beautiful, progressive risks in the ST and the new trilogy please. I also hope LF is making this one a bit more for younger children. TLJ was a masterpiece on my end, but it definitely sacrificed a certain amount of child friendliness for a more adult depth of emotion and themes that one can really only start appreciating when one reaches a certain stage of life (more during the period of transition between childhood and adulthood). It's heavily metaphorical, deep, nuanced, purposefully uncomfortable in places, surprisingly sexual at its core, and while kids will love and appreciate it so much when they hit adolescence, it might not be a movie that draws little boys and girls in as much as much as something like TFA (a movie that puts a lot of emphasis on stuff they can relate to such as first friendship and wrong vs. right). Anyway, I think LF has the opportunity to make more of a kid friendly movie with Solo, so I hope they take it.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Thu 18 Jan 2018, 4:26 am

Apparently there was a sneak peek screening of the Han Solo movie in Germany yesterday by Disney...

https://twitter.com/yeahclarke/status/953660320039493632

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 19 Screen36
Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 19 Screen37
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 26 Jan 2018, 11:40 pm

why are people talking about the Solo movie not happening/cancelled on twitter? Just because there isn't a trailer yet or what? Jenny Nicholson is tweeting about it.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 27 Jan 2018, 12:02 am

SheLitAFire wrote:why are people talking about the Solo movie not happening/cancelled on twitter? Just because there isn't a trailer yet or what? Jenny Nicholson is tweeting about it.
@SheLitAFire

I think she was just joking about the fact that there still isn't a trailer yet.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 27 Jan 2018, 12:11 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:why are people talking about the Solo movie not happening/cancelled on twitter? Just because there isn't a trailer yet or what? Jenny Nicholson is tweeting about it.
@SheLitAFire

I think she was just joking about the fact that there still isn't a trailer yet.
@ISeeAnIsland

Some of her followers are predicting the release date will be moved back to December. And one was even like "it's cancelled" lol but when I googled it I couldn't find anything specific about it other than the usual "it's probably not going to do well in the box office" type thing.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 27 Jan 2018, 1:44 am

SheLitAFire wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SheLitAFire

@ISeeAnIsland

Some of her followers are predicting the release date will be moved back to December. And one was even like "it's cancelled" lol but when I googled it I couldn't find anything specific about it other than the usual "it's probably not going to do well in the box office" type thing.
@SheLitAFire

Some people are saying we might get a trailer during Super Bowl Sunday (approximately a week from now).

There’s no basis to believe the movie is delayed as of now, but I wouldn’t mind if there was a delay until December. I like having a Christmas SW movie to look forward to and they should take as much time as they need to make sure the movie is good.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 27 Jan 2018, 2:30 am

I would like to see Han Solo win the game against Calrissian when he take the Millenium Falcon as a prize . Very Happy
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 29 Jan 2018, 9:01 pm

Lil 'teaser just released to Twitter about the planets featured

Exploring the Planets of 'Solo'

The relaunched Star Wars films are box office hits, and the series is moving from one strength to another. 2016’s Rogue One launched a revolutionary series of spinoffs standing apart from the main trilogy. These spinoffs will continue in May of this year, with Solo: A Star Wars Story. The film will reveal the previously unseen backstory of Han Solo, played by Alden Ehrenreich.
Solo is sure to introduce casual viewers to new worlds, but long-term fans will probably recognize some of the locations. Although the Star Wars franchise was relaunched, and the old Expanded Universe is no longer canon, the geography is still the same. It’s the same galaxy, and entire worlds and star-systems have been carried over into the new canon. That means that, although these worlds haven’t appeared on the big screen before, we know a lot more than you’d think.
So let’s take a tour of the galaxy, and explore the worlds of Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Corellia

First up is Han Solo’s homeworld, Corellia. This is one of the galaxy’s prosperous Core Worlds, and one where there’s always been a massive divide between rich and poor. It’s one of the Empire’s most important shipyards, and Corellians are among the galaxy’s best pilots. Set photos have suggested that’s because Corellia’s poor make their living competing as pod-racers. Han is one of them. It looks as though the Empire watches pod-racing carefully, looking to recruit the best racers as future TIE pilots.
But how much is Solo actually going to lift from the old Expanded Universe? It’s possible Corellia will be subtly different from the system depicted in books. In the Corellian Trilogy, writer Roger MacBride revealed that the system was actually artificially created. The most important part of the star system is Centerpoint Station, a massive space station that may be one of the oldest artifacts in the galaxy. Centerpoint was actually used to create the entire system, drawing worlds into place.
It’s unclear how much of Solo will be set in Corellia, but certainly that’s where Han’s story will begin. There are strong rumors that the film will begin with Han as a pod-racer who catches the Empire’s eye and is drafted. Naturally, the life of an Imperial is unlikely to suit everyone’s favorite scoundrel.

Mimban

The planet Mimban is something of a deep cut for Star Wars fans. It’s a fairly remote swamp-world, and was mentioned in the Clone Wars animated series. But Mimban is best known for appearing in Alan Dean Foster’s novel Splinter of the Mind’s Eye, published back in 1978. Mimban was the site of an Imperial mining system, and the legendary Kaiburr Crystal was found in an ancient temple hidden within the Mimban jungle.
LEGO playsets for Solo have revealed the “Mimban Stormtroopers,” Stormtroopers wearing armor designed for the planet’s inhospitable swamp-and-jungle terrain. Clearly Solo will be heading to Mimban, although it’s unclear what role the planet will play in the film. It’s possible Han will actually be stationed there during his time with the Empire; it’s also possible that he’ll visit Mimban after leaving the Empire, given that the world had a thriving black market – ideal for a neophyte smuggler.
Ironically, concept art revealed that Mimban almost appeared in Rogue One as the base of Saw Gerrera’s Partisans; Lucasfilm instead chose to create a new world, Jedha. Replacement director Ron Howard has teased that there’ll be some sort of tie between Solo and the Death Star plot, as one image he released on social media featured helmets associated with Death Star staff. It’s possible he’ll be honoring this original idea, with the Empire mining on Mimban for Kyber Crystals to power the Death Star superlaser.

Kessel

In September 2017 Solo director Ron Howard teased that the film would feature the planet Kessel. Fans have long hoped that would be the case. Han, after all, had so often bragged that the Millennium Falcon “made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”
Kessel was first explored by writer Kevin J. Anderson in his Jedi Academy Trilogy, and it was introduced as an important world in the spice trade. A harsh, inhospitable world, Kessel is one of the few sources of the addictive drug known as spice. Kessel spice is actually an organic web, woven by a race of deadly spiders. Spice mining is a dangerous profession, and Star Wars: Rebels has revealed that the Empire sent slaves to Kessel to carry out the mining. Significantly, the slaves included Wookiees.
Ron Howard’s tweet showed what was clearly a mine, and the color of the rock is right for Kessel. Howard’s simple comment – “Spicey?” – definitely reinforces the sense that this is the planet Kessel.
It’s likely that Kessel will be an important world in Solo. After all, when Han left the Empire, he ultimately becomes a spice smuggler working for Jabba the Hutt. That shady career path will almost certainly take him to Kessel.
Meanwhile, it’s likely the film will feature the famous Kessel run. The most intriguing possibility, though, is that Kessel could be the world where Han meets Chewbacca. As the Original Trilogy made clear, Chewie has a “life debt” to the wandering smuggler. Fans have always believed that’s because Han rescued him from slavery; given Kessel has Wookiee slaves, it’s certainly possible Chewie was a slave on Kessel.
These are only three of the worlds fans are set to see on the big screen in Solo. There’ll be more; Disney’s synopsis promises “a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld.” Some will no doubt be new planets, created specially for Solo, but it’s certainly possible others will be steeped in Star Wars lore as well.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 29 Jan 2018, 9:04 pm

@Snufkin
I thought of @Kessel when I read this.  Very Happy
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 29 Jan 2018, 9:05 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig Me too! And LMAO at your sig line/gif.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 29 Jan 2018, 9:08 pm

snufkin wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig Me too! And LMAO at your sig line/gif.
@snufkin
I have to remind myself every day that hundreds of serious Star Wars fans who think about this universe as much as we do thought Rey "I discovered blush for this interrogation" and Kylo "I'll just look you up and down without a care in the world" were siblings, cousins and twins. N3v3r F0rg3t.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 29 Jan 2018, 9:12 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig - I was hoping my namesake planet would be in the Solo movie so I’m stoked! Smile

Looks like we may finally find out if Han’s claim of making the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs is true!
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 29 Jan 2018, 9:21 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig Ha, well it's the perfect exact moment because he gives her elevator eyes when he first charges up to her in the forest on Takodana. But you can only tell because of his head movement, versus it being blatant here with his eyes.

Ah yes, cousin-sibling-twins. I'm sure that's what Lawrence Kasdan, just the guy who wrote Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens, and Solo (along with Body Heat and The Bodyguard), meant when he came up with the idea that they would 'bond' with one another during the intimate moment where they went into each other's minds and saw each other's most intimate feelings/fears. They would bond as blood relatives with a 100% platonic bond in the Force. I'm actually surprised we haven't heard anybody yet claim that Emilia Clarke's character is Han's sister-cousin and therefore Rey's long-lost mum.

@Kessel - From the first published (1979) edition of the script. Maybe not the original shooting script,
but it isn't hard to imagine Sir Alec Guinness rolling his eyes regardless of the script directions Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 19 DUuYb9bVwAAwLBp
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 02 Feb 2018, 9:14 am

Apparently the trailer is dropping Feb 5th on GMA

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 19 Screen37
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next