Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS

+16
BastilaBey
Sylvia Snow
guardienne
Darth Dementor
Darth_Awakened
vaderito
Armadeus
Kylo Ren
Irina de France
Xylo Ren
Mana
Force22
Darth Rowan
spacebaby45678
Rogue Rey
Reylo Lemon
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS Empty Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Post by vaderito Sat 21 May 2016, 7:51 am

Dear all,

This is the seventh and last of the viewing parties for all 7 episodes. We made it to the end!

We are watching one episode each weekend (Saturday and Sunday) so that fans from different timezones can participate at any time. Here's the schedule for all viewing parties:

The Phantom Menace - weekend of 9/10 April
Attack of the Clones - weekend of 16/17 April
Revenge of the Sith - weekend of 23/24 April
A New Hope - weekend of 30 April/1 May
The Empire Strikes Back - weekend of 7/8 May
Return of the Jedi - weekend of 14/15 May

The Force Awakens - weekend of 21/22 May

The idea is to get as many posters to see the movie at approximately same time (weekend) so that we can discuss it together fresh from or during the viewing (if you find a particular scene very interesting or relevant for ST, you can pause and post about it and resume watching). The idea is to see how all 7 movies influence and mirror each other, Ring Composition, etc. Also, they are about Kylo Ren's family so they tie with TFA. We hope that watching TFA after other 6 will result in fresh take on this very much discussed movie.

So, viewing party begins now! Jump in whenever you have time. You have 2 days at your disposal. cheers

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Post by Guest Sat 21 May 2016, 7:55 am

Yes! Putting the film on now! Wink

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 21 May 2016, 7:56 am

Now?!!??
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 21 May 2016, 7:57 am

Awesome Very Happy

Let me grab my Blue-ray, bag of maltesers, glass of water, close the curtains and get comfy and I'll be with you guys Laughing
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sat 21 May 2016, 8:05 am

@rogue rey maltesers!

i'll be watching tonight, promise. (i would have participated in the other viewing parties but i don't actually have the films, sadly)
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 21 May 2016, 8:07 am

guardienne wrote:@rogue rey maltesers!

i'll be watching tonight, promise. (i would have participated in the other viewing parties but i don't actually have the films, sadly)
@guardienne

maltesers are my vice!! Very Happy
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 21 May 2016, 8:18 am

Okay gonna start with my observations:

Now I've never really got this but why are there certain words in the scrawl at the start in capitals???

Lor San Tekka - an old ally (do we think he's gonna appear in Rogue One - but as a younger man???  I think it's been discussed on here before?!)

What is that blue planet the Star Destroyer flies over???  Anyone know???

BB-8 H-beating H-beating H-beating H-beating H-beating H-beating Love the sass

That's one fancy ring on LST's pinky - yet look at his house - he apparently has bone for drapes!!!!

Poe - the jacket suites you better H-beating

So Poe is the guy who shot Finn's friend - the one who marked his helmet with blood.  Yet Poe didn't shoot Finn - despite shooting the three stormtroopers ahead of him - hmmmmm.  The death of his friend sends him into a spin and then later liberates the killer of his friend and becomes besties with him!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Enter stage left - Kylo Ren.  I always thought he was going to trip over his coat walking down that ramp - that is the very first thing I thought about Kylo when I saw him on screen!!!

Poe gets two gut punches and still has all the sass.  + that search was hardly what I'd call a search.

Clocked!!!  + made Finn jump Razz Razz

Phasma just morfs behind Finn - not a single footstep heard when she enters the transporter but footsteps walking away!!  Stealth!!!

Scavenger Very Happy Tough but childish.

sorry but I don't think that's a bell next to the desert flower - it looks like a screw  Embarassed

Rey has a bit of sass toward the adorable BB-8 - how could she not love BB-8 straight off the bat??

Now more sass - Kylo Ren sass. 'Comfortable?' dude is sassing all day long!!!

For Poe the mind invasion is the last resort to get the info, after what appears to be torture.  But with Rey it was the first resort and yet people are somehow blind to how different those scenes are!!!

The exchanges between Finn and Poe are just odd 'can you fly a TIE fighter?'  'I can fly anything.'  "You need a pilot?'  'I need a pilot.'  

Finn is such a praise chaser - 'did you see that?  did you see that?'

More beautiful Kylo sass to Hux about stormtroopers committing high treason.

Finn's true comedy sidekick bit - drinking water with a giant nose and then getting bumped by it (see Jar Jar Binks in the PT)

Not love at first sight for Rey and Finn - more like anger at first site and a staff and an insult to boot.  

Finn is just one giant bag of confusion - nothing is clear about him at all.  Doesn't like seeing his friend killed, saves his friends killer, lies about who he is (granted it's necessary I guess), walks away from his only friends, then goes back and comes up with a role in a plan to save the friend who he abandoned.  Then gets taken out and the problem goes away until someone decides what to do with the character.

Rey doesn't look at Finn like she's interested in Finn - she looks impressed by his claim to be with the Resistance but not at him himself.  I'm sorry but at no point has Rey looked at Finn in any way that says attraction.

'The droid stole a freighter?' 'Anything else?' Kylo level sass.

I know it was mentioned on here earlier about how Kylo's arm is outstretched as he says 'What girl?' and pulls Mitka (??) into his hand and how the next scene is Rey reaching for something - well it's Kylo's left arm that is outstretched and Rey's right arm reaching!! Parallels??? Coincidence??
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 May 2016, 9:58 am

My mum during the scene where Kylo Ren wrecks the console: "He's a bad tempered little a**e, isn't he". ROFL ROFL

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 21 May 2016, 10:49 am

Just finished watching again and I'm sorry, it could not be more obvious that Kylo will be redeemed and he will fall in love with Rey. That's all cheers bounce H-beating
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 21 May 2016, 10:59 am

Isn't this board one gigantic viewing party Wink? So in the middle of all the references to the first movie, most people seem to have missed the most critical callback, which is to both to whatever the Hell happened to Ben and setting up Snoke's big evil endgame with the "have you felt it?" discussion

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 21 May 2016, 11:06 am

I'm joining in the afternoon. Dreading the sitcom.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 21 May 2016, 11:08 am

Okay I'm back in the room.  Back to the viewing.

How come Rey didn't see Finn mouthing please to BB-8??  She was looking right at him.  And BB-8's reluctance to say??

Finn really is a contradiction.

Awwww Han and Chewie 'We're home' - does say a lot about how he feels about the home he shared with Leia and Ben tho doesn't it - that with them it didn't feel like home for Han, but just him and Chewie on the Falcon does.  Poor Leia and Ben.  I guess you could call Han a deadbeat Father - so why would you add a second with Luke???  

Why would a First Order stormtrooper know that Han is a war HERO???  Wouldn't they have been conditioned to think he was a traitor/rebel etc and not in heroic terms??

Han getting misty eyed when talk turned to Luke Sad  Sad

The dudes from The Raid - wonder if we'll see those that didn't get killed again?

But how do those red helmeted guys even see???

And there begins the narrative on Chewie's bowcaster and how powerful it is

Kylo doesn't look to enthralled with Hux's idea about using the weapon.  What a snivelling little sneer with legs Hux is.  Creep

'He means nothing to me.' Say that again and mean it Kylo.  His voice cracks with emotion - he means far more than he'd admit.

'Move ball' I love you

Weird how Han thanks Finn for finally putting a bandage on Chewie's arm, but doesn't thank Rey for all her piloting and mechanical expertise

In Han's 'It's all true' speech his voice doesn't alter that much when he talks about the boy who ruined Luke's work, not like you think it would if it was his son who'd carried out a massacre??!  Just a passing thought.

Han looks at Rey with compassion when she makes her 'this much green' comment - not like her suddenly remembering Father

Ugh and now we have Finn calling Han 'Solo' - Evil or Very Mad

Maybe Han sees Rey as the child he wished he had - one who can pilot and is good at mechanics.  Ben must have disappointed him by not sharing his interested.

So if Maz says she can see the same eyes in different people who's eyes does she see in Finn?  I think she knows that Finn is First Order.  He practically gives himself away with his own words.

One dispassionate ask for Rey to go with him.  Then he leaves.  Rey goes after him.  Now the truth comes out and his plea is slightly stronger.  But her 'don't go' is lacking true conviction and then Finn just leaves her.

Forceback

I reckon Maz stirred the Force up to bring on the Forceback.  Why?  Because she knows what Rey's destiny is.  Why else did Maz know where Rey had gone - anyone else would assume she'd gone out the front door.

Rey only says Luke because Maz had just planetted his name in her mind.

'I'm never touching that thing again.' you keep saying that to yourself hun.

Why does she run into a very enchanted looking forest if she wants no part of it (the fight) - you'd think she'd just find someone in the castle with a ship.  Oh yeah she's got to meet her destiny, that's why.

That whole Startkiller moment is so Third Reich inspired especially the imagery, let alone Hux's delivery.

Kylo Ren may not move a single muscle but coupled with the music it conveys his torment as he watches the blasts go past the Finalizer - why else show him if they're not trying to say something about his feelings - it's just really subtle.

I do think that Finn may have some FS abilities given how he heard the screams before the blasts hit the Republic and the patrons at the castle were hardly screaming - don't forget what Maz said about the Force surrounding every living thing.  

Lots of use of the word 'friend' directed at Finn Wink

The stormtrooper shot first - but Rey shot the other one first.

Han shooting without looking is a bit FS too.

Finn killing that stormtrooper without a 2nd thought.  And now Finn fangirling Poe  Rolling Eyes He doesn't deserve to wield a lightsaber properly because he doesn't believe in it - he has the saber and still picks up a blaster - no true trust in the weapon.

Reylo!!  H-beating

Rey dropped her blaster when Kylo bridal carried her - well it's not in her hand

You care now don't you Finn!  Eh bien

Parents  Love  About to C

Rey is just a 'girl' to Han and Leia - not some long forgotten niece.

Leia wants her boy back - darn it Lucasfilm give the woman a break and give her her son back and not a redemption on death in her arms scene.  She speaks so passionately about him you can feel the love conveyed in her voice.  She believes in him, she loves him.  She wants him home.  Even when Han is doubtful.  + her eyes at the end of her chat with Han speaks volumes.

Be my guest, be my guest!!!

Given how Kylo can tell Rey still wants to kill him - either from the look in her eyes or maybe he's skimming her thoughts already = he defo knows that she checked him out when he took of the mask = cocky self assured Kylo with great hair.

Describing his current situation there - lonely, too afraid to leave - what his life is like under the First Order.  And there she goes hitting a nerve.

Hux knows.

I get the complaints about Rey's Jedi mind trick - it does seem far fetched that she'd even know what one was - unless when she touched the legacy lightsaber some of the powers of the previous owners seeped into her mind during the Forceback - as in OB1??

Han says 'I like this guy' but I never got the impression that he did. Sorry Finn lovers.  Just didn't see it.

Poe sums it up nicely 'As long as there's light we got a chance.' - too many mentions of the word light for it to be thrown out of the window.

Han fears the worst of his son hence why he says they wont leave without Rey and then the first thing he asks her is if she's okay. Sad Doesn't have the same belief as Leia in his own child - no wonder he's lost.

Still too much emotion in Kylo's voice when he addresses his Father with the mask on.

I think Kylo is feeling not only his own pain and regret at his action of killing his Father but his Mother's pain too - it's all in the eyes.

They build it to make it look like Finn is Kylo's true opponent, but that later gets booted out the water.

Mind your head Laughing

AD is too good an actor to incorrectly portray being scared of Rey when she summons the saber and turns it on like the anti's think. They say the look he's giving her is one of being scared and of fear - I don't want to sound harsh but that is far from the look of fear or being scared.

Kylo just lets her extinguish his lightsaber, chop it in two and then slice his face open - dude just gave up the fight - when he still had other options - the Force, his own physical superiority - could have punched her one like he did with Finn.

Aww how convenient that Finn happens to be on the side of the chasm Rey was on.Rolling Eyes

Rey's look back = compassion. She has compassion for Kylo - so are we expected to believe that she's going to kill him in one of the next 2 films??? She saw him at his worst - killing his Father. She didn't do as Snoke said in her mind (in the novel) and kill him. She looked back to where he was, why?? Why would she care what happened to him?? Because Rey has compassion for everyone. Because she is a scavenger - she finds broken things and restores them.

People say how come Leia hugged Rey without knowing her - well she'd heard about her from Han and Finn, so I guess she just put two and two together.

Just what triggered R2 to wake up - it still bugs me.

The END

Last edited by Rogue Rey on Sat 21 May 2016, 12:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 21 May 2016, 11:14 am

It is Thursday, mid December and I am feeling miserable.
Some personal issues really broke me down.
Sitting in front of the computer in the office, and thinking about eventual seeing a movie in the evening.
I am total wreck, truth to be told.

Star Wars fan since the last century, but somehow I am feeling empty and indifferent towards it at the moment.
That s not how the Force works, how it worked for me a long time ago.

Yes, I have been following the spoilers and news from time to time, I know that at least one of younger actors has to be Skywalker or Solo, I know that Han will die. And I have that bitter taste of PT in my mouth.

Then I made the decision. I will go.

Sitting in the dark of the theater, pop corns in my hand and mouth and still feeling nothing.
The trailers are awful. Superman vs. Batman with super irritable Lex Luthor, Warcraft creatures and Gods of Egypit, everything looks off.

Lucasfilm logo. A longtime ago... Star Wars, music, opening crawl - usually I would be hyped only by that.
Today just nothing.
The movie starts, visuals are good so far, BB-8 - a new little droid, than to Poe and Lors San Tekka in the tent.
Dialogue starwarsy correct. The stormtroopers arrive, the fight begins, Poe gives the map to BB.
Kylo arrives (as longtime Vader s fan: I am thinking: Let me see you - what you have to offer?).
Kills San Tekka (upon the mention of the family - I am almost sure I know who he is)
Poe is caught - on his knees in front of Kylo. (No, I did not notice the blaster-stopping in the air bit during my first viewing).

Who speaks first? I speak first? You speak first?
Poe is sassy.
Kylo: "no comment"

At very moment something changed in my head - I was suddenly in the movie. I was suddenly there.
Vader would kill Poe, force choke a rebel scum, and that new one just stays without the words. And this is interesting enough for a start.

This is the thing I wanted to share with you Smile
I ll watch it probably tomorrow (for the 15th in last six months).

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 21 May 2016, 11:38 am

vaderito wrote:I'm joining in the afternoon. Dreading the sitcom.
@vaderito

I may have skipped those parts...once you've seen them a few times, you don't need to go back. Not much subtext and nuance.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 21 May 2016, 11:43 am

Han Solo:" he felt responsible"
Leak: angry uncle Luke telling Rey to kill his own nephew
Me: WHERE IS THE LIE
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 21 May 2016, 12:49 pm

Other potential significant callbacks hidden in the nostalgia, taking off helmets by members of a specific family

"Who are you?" "Someone who loves you" (notice the lack of helmet hair)

"I want to see you with my own eyes"

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 21 May 2016, 1:04 pm

I'll be joining tonight! Wink
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 21 May 2016, 1:09 pm

Well if you'll all bored you can check out my thoughts on TFA above - or if you're struggling for sleep tonight!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 21 May 2016, 2:15 pm

Ok, this is important. Rey Meets Boys parallels:

The meet cute

Rey meets Finn...and beats him up.

Rey meets Kylo (real, physical meeting, not once-upon-a-vision)...and shoots at him.

In both cases Rey is the aggressor but scenes are played differently. One is a comedy, the other is a (Gothic) horror.

Boys make moves

Finn makes a romantic move...by holding Rey's hand. They run to the ship. Again played like a comedy.

Kylo makes a romantic move...by carrying Rey like a bride into his ship. Again, played like a (Gothic) horror.

Rey finds out that boys have secret identities

Finn confesses that he really a Storm Trooper. Rey takes it super calmly and meekly asks him to stay.

Rey overhears Han and Kylo reveal that Kylo is Han's son. Her jaw drops on the floor, she proceeds to watch the two with great interest.

Rey gives boys pet names

"my friend" gently, affectionately

"monstah" passionately, violently

Not much else to add. I'm gonna read your findings now.

But, overall, take out Rey and Kylo, Han Slaying, Rey alone on Jakku and Kylo's other scenes and you are left with forgettable filler.

EDIT: @Rogue Rey good catch that Kylo feels his mother's pain. They wouldn't edit it in such way if it wasn't the case.

@snufkin Totally. Unmasking was those 2 scenes. He reveals himself to Rey but at the same time wants to see her with his own eyes. How many OT characters you can put in one without having him lose his identity or making him feel like the Greatest Hits? They really knocked Kylo out of park.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 21 May 2016, 2:38 pm

I forgot to say that during the Han slaying part unless Finn/Chewie and Rey have bat hearing how on earth did any of them hear what was being said between Han and Kylo. They were quite far away and they were hardly talking loudly.

Saying that there is every chance that Rey knew what was going on through feelings etc, because of that mystery box that is the newly formed Force Bond between her and Kylo.

Chewie would just know because he knows the dynamic.

So sadly that leaves Finn - pretty clueless other than what he can see - Kylo killing Han.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 21 May 2016, 2:40 pm

Seriously though, this movie is all about sun=son.
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 21 May 2016, 2:41 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
vaderito wrote:I'm joining in the afternoon. Dreading the sitcom.
@vaderito

I may have skipped those parts...once you've seen them a few times, you don't need to go back. Not much subtext and nuance.
@BastilaBey

I find the more I watch those scenes the more they frustrate me.

I like John but I've started to grow to dislike Finn and that's quite sad for me.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 21 May 2016, 3:32 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:Seriously though, this movie is all about sun=son.
@Maria Antonietta

Yup, not even subtle is it?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 21 May 2016, 3:35 pm

One of my fav, non Reylo moments is General Hux's speech. Domnhall nailed it, instant classic Evil

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS Latest?cb=20160409213847
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sat 21 May 2016, 3:53 pm

there is now cidre and a DVD!

jj sure likes his lens flare.

lor san tekka annoys the sith out of me, never answers a single question with any meaningful dialogue.

poe could have shot finn and we would have been spared all the inconsistent characterisation!

i remember thinking, omigod they mean business with kylo ren (i was very unspoiled) because of how he cuts LST down and how the villagers get killed. yay for meaning business. (it must be hard to write a villain that isn't caricature)

she always pulls something from the left side of whatever she is scavenging into.

why take the mask off when outside and keep it on inside?

i love her knickerbocker trousers.

why is she so angry with the guy who wants to steal the droid?

really hate how easily finn turns on his fellow troopers.

because finn is being given a different name, and kylo isn't his real name, i think rey having a different name is really becoming more likely.

black parachutes, FO got all the style.

would han and chewie just have left finn and rey behind?

scottish bloke is still my favourite accent.

interesting that han only bothers to learn rey's name but not finn's.

maz kanata is relaly annoying. it's not good cover to shout all the way through the bar.

i really like the b&w zigzag chick.

i wasn't going to kill for them - like, but it's ok to kill for others?

none of the mentors so far are cutting it. they are either whacky or hiding behind irony.

loving hux' orgasm face.

how does finn know it was the republic?

this man is so medieval. i loves it. also i love his shuttle.

han looks genuinely clueless. i really like that honesty.

he almost winks at her for 'you'll see' right?

are these felt boots?

leia's outfit is all terrible colours.

what is the thing rey climbs into in the wall?

well that's done, got nothing to say about the duel that i haven't said a 1000 times already probably. the film really fizzes out after the duel.

guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next