Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

+23
Darth Dementor
Kylo Ren
FrolickingFizzgig
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Slade
Helix
IoJovi
ZioRen
Darth Dingbat
spacebaby45678
Mana
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
snufkin
BastilaBey
rey09
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
panki
ISeeAnIsland
CienaRee
27 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending Empty Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by CienaRee Sat 02 Jul 2016, 7:07 am

I thought it's a good idea to create a thread about the second novel of the Aftermath trilogy since Han and Leia will both be in the book and we'll be able to read their POV.Since it's coming the week after this one anyone who reads it can have a thread to discuss it here(hopefully this one will be better than its predecessor).Here are the synopsis:

The galaxy is changing, and with peace now a possibility, some dare to imagine new beginnings and new destinies. For Han Solo, that means settling his last outstanding debt, by helping Chewbacca liberate the Wookiee's home world of Kashyyyk.
Meanwhile, Norra Wexley and her band of rebels pursue AdmiralRae Sloane and the remaining Imperial leadership across the galaxy. Sloane, increasingly wary of the mysterious fleet admiral, desperately searches for a means to save the crumbling Empire from oblivion. Even as Imperial forces fight to regain lost ground, Princess Leia and the New Republic seek to broker a lasting peace.
But the rebel's hunt for Admiral Sloane is cut short after the disappearance of Han Solo and Chewbacca. Desperate to save them, Leia conscripts Norra, SinjirJas, and the rest of their team to find the missing smugglers and help them in their fight for freedom. 

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending Empty Re: Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 02 Jul 2016, 12:46 pm

Great idea! I do want to read the new book that's coming out to get the Han/Leia POV stuff.

I'm not particularly interested in the first book in the trilogy, though. I'll be curious to read what those of you who have read it think, as far as whether it's necessary to read the first book before reading Life Debt.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending Empty Re: Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by panki Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:55 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Great idea! I do want to read the new book that's coming out to get the Han/Leia POV stuff.

I'm not particularly interested in the first book in the trilogy, though. I'll be curious to read what those of you who have read it think, as far as whether it's necessary to read the first book before reading Life Debt.
@ISeeAnIsland

It was a dull read but spoiler packed.... you can skip it but it might be advisable to listen to a few spoiler reviews on youtube before starting the next book..... it will give you a little info on the characters like Norra, Sinjir and Jas.

Since this book deals with the freedom of the Wookie planet Kashyk, I'm wondering whether two images from the clone wars unused concept art released by Dave Filoni during last year's SW Celebrations might be related to this novel.... some of the other concept art has already appeared in other comics and books.

Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 10:32 am

Anyone managed to pick up their copy yet? I probably won't read it, but I'm intrigued to hear opinions of it. I also stumbled across a very interesting yet very small spoiler on tumblr today that made me laugh a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sat 09 Jul 2016, 10:35 am

I just saw that!IMO,Apparently Hux is :
Spoiler:

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 10:49 am

CienaRee wrote:I just saw that!IMO,Apparently Hux is :
Spoiler:
@CienaRee

Yep! That's the one lol!

Spoiler:

Regardless, here's a brilliant and very interesting meta by none other than @nonesuch herself regarding Hux:: http://starwarsnonsense.tumblr.com/post/146954584254/dreams-of-empire-or-hux-and-kylo-as-snokes

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sat 09 Jul 2016, 10:57 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
CienaRee wrote:I just saw that!IMO,Apparently Hux is :
Spoiler:
@CienaRee

Yep! That's the one lol!

Spoiler:

Regardless, here's a brilliant and very interesting meta by none other than @nonesuch herself regarding Hux:: http://starwarsnonsense.tumblr.com/post/146954584254/dreams-of-empire-or-hux-and-kylo-as-snokes
@AppleCrumble122
Spoiler:

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 11:17 am

CienaRee wrote:
@AppleCrumble122
Spoiler:
@CienaRee

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 12:21 pm

Sorry but something doesn't compute.

Spoiler:
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 12:27 pm

vaderito wrote:Sorry but something doesn't compute.

Spoiler:
@vaderito

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 09 Jul 2016, 12:33 pm

[url= ] [/url]
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 12:33 pm

@Applecrumble122

OK, looks like the info was already in the Visual Dictionary, because Wookiepedia cites it as the source for the same info and name (see 6). Weird:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armitage_Hux

Spoiler:
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm

@Darth_Awakened Ah Pablo! the mystery deepens! I think he'll confirm it later down the line though, when it's been out long enough.

@vaderito

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 12:46 pm

I just checked Kylo's Wookiepedia page and it says:

Aftermath: Life Debt (Indirect mention only)

The Force Awakens Golden Book (First identified as Ben Solo) ?????? is this canon? Pablo says he is only Ben for now.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Force_Awakens_(Golden_Book)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kylo_Ren

BTW, has anyone read this?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Force_Awakens:_Rey%27s_Story

ikely not canon but I'm curious about her POV on Kylo. I guess some kiddie sith.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:03 pm

vaderito wrote:I just checked Kylo's Wookiepedia page and it says:

Aftermath: Life Debt (Indirect mention only)

The Force Awakens Golden Book (First identified as Ben Solo) ?????? is this canon? Pablo says he is only Ben for now.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Force_Awakens_(Golden_Book)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kylo_Ren

BTW, has anyone read this?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Force_Awakens:_Rey%27s_Story

ikely not canon but I'm curious about her POV on Kylo. I guess some kiddie sith.

@vaderito

We have the Little Golden Book for TFA. It's an adaptation aimed at very young children. He is referred to as Ben Solo in there, but I wouldn't read anything into that. It also completely omits the interrogation scene.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:05 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:  

We have the Little Golden Book for TFA. It's an adaptation aimed at very young children. He is referred to as Ben Solo in there, but I wouldn't read anything into that. It also completely omits the interrogation scene.
@ISeeAnIsland

Thank you! I thought so. Just simplification for kids but not canon (as if kids care about canon).  Very Happy

So illegitimate child Hux, does it mean Luke's One Night Stand is back on table? Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:06 pm

vaderito wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:  

@ISeeAnIsland

Thank you! I thought so. Just simplification for kids but not canon (as if kids care about canon).  Very Happy

So illegitimate child Hux, does it mean Luke's One Night Stand is back on table? Laughing
@vaderito

Exactly.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:07 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@vaderito

Exactly.[/quote]
@ISeeAnIsland

Shoot, Luke's One Night Stand is happening????? Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid affraid
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:08 pm

vaderito wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:  

@ISeeAnIsland

@vaderito Lol! Knew someone was gonna bring this up! Would not surprise me if some Reywalkers come back armed with this excuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:12 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@vaderito Lol! Knew someone was gonna bring this up! Would not surprise me if some Reywalkers come back armed with this excuse.

@AppleCrumble122

cause putting a villainous one night stand in a book that will be read by 1% of fandom is the same as giving the hero of OT a one night stand in a movie that billion people will see.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:14 pm

vaderito wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@AppleCrumble122

cause putting a villainous one night stand in a book that will be read by 1% of fandom is the same as giving the hero of OT a one night stand in a movie that billion people will see.

@vaderito

To the hardcore believers who are desperate for Rey to be Luke's daughter? oh hell yeah!

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:19 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:

To the hardcore believers who are desperate for Rey to be Luke's daughter? oh hell yeah!
@AppleCrumble122

Episode VIII Exclusive Spoiler:

Kylo: Rey, I am your cousin!
Luke: Shut up. Rey, you must kill Kylo and fulfill your destiny as a Jedi!
Rey: I can't kill Kylo! he is my cousin!
Luke: TF? You didn't know you had a cousin 30 sconds ago and now you can't kill Kylo cause he's your cousin? Get out!
Rey: But you didn't want to kill Vader because he was your father!
Luke: Are you seriously compare a father to a freakin cousin? A cousin that you didn't know you had until exactly 1 minutes ago!
Kylo gets popcorn: This gonna be good.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:24 pm

vaderito wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@AppleCrumble122

Luke: TF? You didn't know you had a cousin 30 sconds ago and now you can't kill Kylo cause he's your cousin? Get out!
Luke: Are you seriously compare a father to a freakin cousin? A cousin that you didn't know you had until exactly 1 minutes ago!

@vaderito

Best. Story. Ever! cheers So riveting! Seriously it would win the Oscar for Best Original Writing!

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
vaderito wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:  

@AppleCrumble122

@vaderito

Best. Story. Ever! cheers So riveting! Seriously it would win the Oscar for Best Original Writing!
@AppleCrumble122

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending Tumblr_njtx7rqtK41u3h32ao1_500
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:28 pm

vaderito wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
vaderito wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:  

@AppleCrumble122

@vaderito

@AppleCrumble122

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending Tumblr_njtx7rqtK41u3h32ao1_500
@vaderito

Any more exclusive spoilers? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next