Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

+23
Darth Dementor
Kylo Ren
FrolickingFizzgig
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Slade
Helix
IoJovi
ZioRen
Darth Dingbat
spacebaby45678
Mana
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
snufkin
BastilaBey
rey09
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
panki
ISeeAnIsland
CienaRee
27 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 3 Empty Re: Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:49 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito "Are you an angel?"

Also reminds me of Pablo calling him a 'fallen Jedi', again with the religious feel.
@BastilaBey

That's a good catch!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 3 Empty Re: Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by snufkin Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:51 pm

You know I love me some Office in Space, so this kind of makes perfect sense. There are plenty of examples of ambitious people in history/politics/business coming from that background who rise hard and fast because they have something to prove.

Hux is the ruthless striver whose ambition is fueled by the need to prove himself good enough, despite his father's early judgement and the stigma of not being 'legitimate.' He's not content with being part of the status quo, he's going to be the status quo and crush anybody who gets in his way. I seriously would watch 2 hours of those two space brats throwing shade at each other in front of big evil Space David Brent, who pits them against each other.

Also makes sense for him even more having it in for Ren as a rival, who's the actual legitimate heir with some serious lineage cred. If the rumors are true about Space Mom ending up in coma thanks to an ambush, how much you wanna bet that Hux is behind that? And he's already been pretty snide about the 'the guuuurrrl,' so if he threatens the other lady Ren's sweet on, it's gonna be all out war between those two.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:53 pm

panki wrote: I wonder whether Doctor Aphra is a non-FS retcon of Mara Jade.... she works in secret for Vader and she is tasked with pursuing Luke.... she is very resourceful, smart talking and a good fighter..... here is my crack theory Razz .... Aphra and Luke had a child but the child isn't FS and someone anyone would guess- Jessika Pava (Luke is her hero and takes a lot of interest in hearing stories about him in Weapon of a Jedi) ...or maybe KMT?

@panki Mara has certainly inspired many of the female characters in the new canon. Would not be surprised if Jyn has her snark. Heck even Winter inspired Leia's new blond handmaiden and friend lol! Interesting theory but... I want Luke and Mara back together rofl! But I don't think Luke being Jessika or KMT;s father would work as they're Asian and he's white.

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:56 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
panki wrote: I wonder whether Doctor Aphra is a non-FS retcon of Mara Jade.... she works in secret for Vader and she is tasked with pursuing Luke.... she is very resourceful, smart talking and a good fighter..... here is my crack theory Razz .... Aphra and Luke had a child but the child isn't FS and someone anyone would guess- Jessika Pava (Luke is her hero and takes a lot of interest in hearing stories about him in Weapon of a Jedi) ...or maybe KMT?

@panki Mara has certainly inspired many of the female characters in the new canon. Would not be surprised if Jyn has her snark. Heck even Winter inspired Leia's new blond handmaiden and friend lol! Interesting theory but... I want Luke and Mara back together rofl! But I don't think Luke being Jessika or KMT;s father would work as they're Asian and he's white.

@AppleCrumble122

Doctor Aphra has asian looks and Jessika Henwick who plays Jessika Pava is half white and half asian....so she would definitely work for my crack theory. Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:56 pm

panki wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@AppleCrumble122

Doctor Aphra has asian looks and Jessika Henwick who plays Jessika Pava is half white and half asian....so she would definitely work for my crack theory. Smile

Ah! I think you're on to something @panki! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:57 pm

the worshipfulness and scoundrel part, the author couldn't be original could he lol

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 4:00 pm

More from the person who's posting TFA related spoilers from Aftermath:

Spoiler:

http://thesocietypenguin.tumblr.com/post/147153385644/thesocietypenguin-more-aftermath-life-debt

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 3 Zm08Pv2
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 09 Jul 2016, 5:04 pm

LOL

Pablo is sometimes a real King!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 09 Jul 2016, 5:53 pm

So what can we take away from this?

Why is this significant at all? Why does it matter? Why give Hux any back story at all?

Ah, the plot thickens and it's already thick as tar.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 6:11 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:So what can we take away from this?

Why is this significant at all? Why does it matter? Why give Hux any back story at all?

@Xylo Ren

I'm guessing it doesn't matter, otherwise it'd be kept locked tight for a movie reveal?

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sat 09 Jul 2016, 6:26 pm

WhatGirl wrote:

@Xylo Ren

I'm guessing it doesn't matter, otherwise it'd be kept locked tight for a movie reveal?
@WhatGirl

I actually remember  Pablo saying Hux would be getting a first name in episode 8.

Last edited by CienaRee on Sat 09 Jul 2016, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 6:26 pm

@Xylo Ren

I'm quite enjoying finding out more character backstories and I do have a soft spot for Hux (mainly because of Domnhall Gleeson). I never really read much of the EU stuff so it's not like any of this is rewriting history for me.

What can we take away from all this? - Not much in terms of the movies, I don't think. According to Pablo Hidalgo and others, the movies will always have the final word on character and story. These books and other supplementary materials like the comics are really just filling in the blanks for the more devoted fans. The book buying/reading audience is only a tiny fraction of the movie audience. There may be things that originate in the books and TV shows that transfer over to the movies, but they will probably keep such things limited.

General Hux has become a popular character and Brendol Hux has already been mentioned in two other books (as far as I'm aware) Bloodline (brief mention) and Servants of The Empire: The Secret Academy (as a minor antagonist). I don't see any harm in fleshing out his character a little in this form. Hitler was a child once! I actually really like how they are making things less black and white and good versus evil in the new Star Wars universe. Bloodline was great for all the political scheming and showing how people rightly or wrongly fight for a cause that they wholeheartedly believe in. Maybe some people prefer simplicity, but in this day and age, I don't think it hurts to get people questioning the motives of both sides.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 6:28 pm

CienaRee wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@WhatGirl

I actually reMember Pablo saying Hux would be getting a first name in episode 8.
@CienaRee

I don't think Pablo ever specified when and where Hux would be getting a first name, only that he would be getting one.

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sat 09 Jul 2016, 6:32 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@WhatGirl

I actually reMember Pablo saying Hux would be getting a first name in episode 8.
@CienaRee

I don't think Pablo ever specified when and where Hux would be getting a first name, only that he would be getting one.
@Mrs Ben Solo
Yeah,I mother be wrong about this but didn't he say something like how his name wasn't Brendol Hux Jr.and that he would be getting  a name which I took  as that we'll find out what his first name is since we know his surname already.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 6:44 pm

CienaRee wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@WhatGirl

@CienaRee

@Mrs Ben Solo
Yeah,I mother be wrong about this but didn't he say something like how his name wasn't Brendol Hux Jr.and that he would be getting  a name which I took  as that we'll find out what his first name is since we know his surname already.
@CienaRee

Yes, he did say something like that. I think people just assumed we would find out Hux's name in Ep 8 because the contents of this book weren't known about then.

I don't see it as being a problem in any way. General Hux might never even be referred to by his first name in the movies. It's just a nice bit of extra information as his name does speak to the kind of man he's grown into, I think. It's a bit like that Johnny Cash song, A Boy Named Sue, where the boy learns how to fight and be strong because he was given such a terrible name!

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sat 09 Jul 2016, 7:14 pm

A little bit more info has been released on other sites but I find this quote that Palpatine apparently says about Jakku to be very interesting and it makes me wonder whether there's a connection there with Rey and makes me think of the Rey Palpatine theory :
Spoiler:

There's also a new character who I suspect might be Snoke:
Spoiler:

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 7:34 pm

CienaRee wrote:A little bit more info has been released on other sites but I find this quote that Palpatine apparently says about Jakku to be very interesting and it makes me wonder whether there's a connection there with Rey and makes me think of the Rey Palpatine theory :
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@CienaRee

Spoiler:
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sat 09 Jul 2016, 7:39 pm

Speaking of names, I wonder if we'll get discussion of what Benjamin Chewbacca's last name will be.

@vaderito
Spoiler:

Last edited by MeadowofAshes on Sat 09 Jul 2016, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sat 09 Jul 2016, 7:44 pm

vaderito wrote:
CienaRee wrote:A little bit more info has been released on other sites but I find this quote that Palpatine apparently says about Jakku to be very interesting and it makes me wonder whether there's a connection there with Rey and makes me think of the Rey Palpatine theory :
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@CienaRee

Spoiler:
@vaderito

Spoiler:

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 7:50 pm

@CienaRee Possible. Rey was abandoned on Jakku. That can be due to 2 things:

a) her family are terrible people

b) it was in a hurry because they were running away from someone with a good chance to get caught. They probably wanted to go back but something happened.

I believe option 2 is the right one. So it raises the question who they were running from?

LOL at

Spoiler:
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sat 09 Jul 2016, 8:54 pm

Hux's story really saddens me. I can't even imagine what sort of backstory they've planned for the son of Han and Leia....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 09 Jul 2016, 11:56 pm

vaderito wrote:@CienaRee Possible. Rey was abandoned on Jakku. That can be due to 2 things:

a) her family are terrible people

b) it was in a hurry because they were running away from someone with a good chance to get caught. They probably wanted to go back but something happened.

I believe option 2 is the right one. So it raises the question who they were running from?

LOL at

Spoiler:
@vaderito

After rewatching Lawrence of Arabia and Dr. Zhivago in the past few days thanks to the discussion on here and reading about the influence David Lean's movies had on both the OT and PT, I vote for option 2. Because abandoned orphan with mysterious backstory and linkage to important character is straight out of Dr. Zhivago. And in that movie, it's a character played by Sir Alec Guinness who tracks her down and tells her the story of her parents. Which includes how her parents were under suspicion for their political stance/affiliation by a totalitarian government and ended up in hiding/on the run, leading up to her separation from them when she's a small child. There's several overt references to shots of Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia in her scenes on Jakku (in addition to her character also having obvious inspiration from Hayao Miyazaki's heroines), so not too out of bounds to think that there might also be elements from Dr. Zhivago also borrowed for her character. Ben Solo/Kylo Ren basically is Pasha Antipov/Strelnikov from the same movie.

In regards to who her parents may have been on the run from:

Spoiler:
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 10 Jul 2016, 2:32 am

I have a feeling Rey's being on Jakku might be related to Brendo Hux and co's legacy.... wasn't there a tweet by PH about potentially force sensitive children being kidnapped during the empire and if they don't show abilities, they got killed... or something like that?

Going back to a clone wars cartoon, there was an episode where Palpatine stole a holocron containing the names of all the potential force sensitive children and tried to kidnap them to train from a young age.. he almost succeeded in a couple of cases (Pipey and Alora) but the jedi rescued them.

During the time of the Empire, force sensitive children would mysteriously disappear and never be heard of again. The inquisitors would train these children to become dark side users and join their ranks. Dhara Leonis was kidnapped for this program but her brother Zare helped her escape.

Now I wonder if someone tried to revive this program in the FO and kidnapped children to test for FS abilities....what would be interesting is if the people kidnapping the children knew those children descended from certain jedi/sith/other FS bloodlines... then Rey's parents might still be alive somewhere and she could still meet them by episode 9.

I don't think they would make Luke evil enough to kill Rey's parents .....but what if Luke kept a record of potential force sensitive children based on their bloodline and who he was meant to collect for his order as they got older and someone gave this record to the FO? Maybe someone like LST?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sun 10 Jul 2016, 2:57 am

"The Empire needs children".

That is so disturbing. It really drives home what TFA appeared to present, that the younger generation's childhoods have all been taken away by the realities of war. Finn, Rey, Ben, even Hux. I have to admit, my sympathy for Hux is still rather limited because he doesn't display an ounce of conflict in Vii. But who knows, he might in the next movie. I do appreciate that they've been moving in a more morally grey area with the books like Lost Stars humanizing those on 'the wrong side' so maybe Hux will turn out to be a tragic sympathetic character, even in his ruthlessness.

Rey being left on Jakku because she might have been taken by the FO bodes well for the theory that her and Kylo could end up joining together to take on Snoke. They'd both realize that he was targeting FS children for his own means. Rey could have been Kylo, had Snoke got his claws into her.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 10 Jul 2016, 5:43 am

If they were stealing FS kids than they wouldn't have a huge army cause FS don't grow on trees. And that leads to "Finn = FS after all" which we know is not the direction they are taking. You can't do "Finn isn't FS, it's Rey...oh, wait, he is too". Pablo said there were no indication that he was FS and explained that voices were voices/screams from Maz castle.

I think they meant that kids who were failing to show cadet/other warrior potential were killed cause useless.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next