Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

+23
Darth Dementor
Kylo Ren
FrolickingFizzgig
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Slade
Helix
IoJovi
ZioRen
Darth Dingbat
spacebaby45678
Mana
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
snufkin
BastilaBey
rey09
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
panki
ISeeAnIsland
CienaRee
27 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Empty Re: Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:30 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:

Any more exclusive spoilers? Wink
@AppleCrumble122

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Tumblr_o3n1sd9egh1v8tldvo1_500
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Empty Re: Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:32 pm

@vaderito You tease! :p Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:34 pm

I'm actually thinking of another crazier possibility.... what if Hux is actually Luke's son but is non-FS?

Then we'll have Hux, the non-FS son of Luke who blew up a star system with glee.....and on the other hand we'll have Leia's son who the antis already hate.... I'd like to see their heads explode trying to figure out which character to side with.... Razz

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Giphy

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:37 pm

panki wrote:I'm actually thinking of another crazier possibility.... what if Hux is actually Luke's son but is non-FS?

Then we'll have Hux, the non-FS son of Luke who blew up a star system with glee.....and on the other hand we'll have Leia's son who the antis already hate.... I'd like to see their heads explode trying to figure out which character to side with.... Razz

@panki He's secretly Ben Skywalker, the son of Luke and Mara! I mean come on, he has red hair and blue eyes like in the Legends continuity! Disney just made him older and non-FS to make it interesting! xD

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:37 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:@vaderito You tease! :p Wink

@AppleCrumble122

On a serious note, they are woobyfying Hux for some reason while Reylo fans are worried that Kylo will be woobified and therefore his redemption arc won't be as OMG amazing as they hope. In the meantime, Hux fans are celebrating.

heck, I'm gonna spoil IX for you. This is HUGE so gotta go into brackets:

Spoiler:
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:40 pm

But jokes apart, there is some bad news regarding Hux... I read in a recent Star Wars Insider that the name Hux was given because someone saw the name carved on a gravestone and they felt it was apt for a young tragic figure.... so it doesn't bode well for the future of Armitage Hux...Suspect

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:51 pm

panki wrote:But jokes apart, there is some bad news regarding Hux... I read in a recent Star Wars Insider that the name Hux was given because someone saw the name carved on a gravestone and they felt it was apt for a young tragic figure.... so it doesn't bode well for the future of Armitage Hux...Suspect
@panki

This is how tragedy dies, with a beautiful speech

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o808w9RCRl1r1kwwp_540
Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Maxresdefault
Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_3kg7qve67w84og4s8g444wk0o_640

face of tragedy right there. So vulnerable, you think he's gonna break. Unlike this eeeevil, remorseless gloating crazy af villain:

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Tumblr_o9zompRNDh1v3dp67o1_400

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Tumblr_o4z28ddCz11v2g2ujo1_500

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Tumblr_o4nhs48pGe1rszoo3o3_500

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o5b91wE3jh1u1uj1e_500
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:52 pm

Did Bloodline or this book address where the Solos lived? Wanted to know Ben's home planet

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:53 pm

vaderito wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:@vaderito You tease! :p Wink

@AppleCrumble122

On a serious note, they are woobyfying Hux for some reason while Reylo fans are worried that Kylo will be woobified and therefore his redemption arc won't be as OMG amazing as they hope. In the meantime, Hux fans are celebrating.

heck, I'm gonna spoil IX for you. This is HUGE so gotta go into brackets:

Spoiler:
@vaderito

Are they woobifying him? I mean it seems like the new canon is more grey compared to the black and white views of the original Expanded Universe and Hux's relationship with his father (going on this) shows this as it would've had a HUGE effect on him growing up and how it would affect his adult life. So it more than likely turned him into what he is in TFA. Regardless, Domhnall Gleeson described Hux as "ruthless" and he has no regrets committing genocide by blowing up the New Republic - this is hugely important when comparing him to Kylo, because Kylo didn't want to blow up the New Republic and he will regret killing Han, therefore giving him a chance a redemption. Hux has no regrets over committing genocide and possibly killing his father (if he did), therefore will have no redemption and having a sympathetic backstory with a ruthless father won't change that, because those decisions were his and his alone. Kylo also made awful decisions but will regret them in the next movies.

affraid OMGZ! That's so beautiful! What an ending! I'm crying!

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 42dbaed03a0b474c9988ab36c9fd692b

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:00 pm

@AppleCrumble122 They are taking "poor 4 years old labelled as useless by his illegitimate father who wants to tough him up" route so they kind of are. he could have been just a regular, very much loved son who grew up among Empire supporters. No underdog sith, etc.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:11 pm

vaderito wrote:@AppleCrumble122 They are taking "poor 4 years old labelled as useless by his illegitimate father who wants to tough him up" route so they kind of are. he could have been just a regular, very much loved son who grew up among Empire supporters. No underdog sith, etc.
@vaderito

Good point, but I kinda like this backstory. It fits the grey tone of the new stuff. It also fits Hux's character because as DG said: you don't get that far at Hux's age without being ruthless. His relationship with his father would've probably spurred him even harder to get to the top quicker as to prove him wrong on being "useless". But as I said it only makes Hux slightly sympathetic as he still continues the stormtrooper program by kidnapping children and believing it to be the correct way for a loyal army, when there are other methods such as a clone army. You could even argue that he does this with pride from the way he defends it to Kylo Ren. And he has no remorse over committing genocide. Plus his backstory won't matter as much in the movies which is what the general audience will see. Hux's primary goal to for the audience to compare and contrast him with Kylo Ren in terms of the First Order's actions, as Kylo becomes more sympathetic and filled with regret, Hux will probably get more evil and ruthless. His backstory does not matter in the movies because of this and the fact that he is a secondary character, compared to Kylo who is the most important character in the ST! But Hux's backstory is there in the expanded canon and personally I think it's interesting. But yeah, I do see your point.

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:13 pm

rey09 wrote:Did Bloodline or this book address where the Solos lived? Wanted to know Ben's home planet
@rey09

Bloodline doesn't address is per se... we only know that the new republic changes capital every few years and I think it was in Chandrila for some time.....so chances are the Solos moved around a bit.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:20 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Good point, but I kinda like this backstory. It fits the grey tone of the new stuff. It also fits Hux's character because as DG said: you don't get that far at Hux's age without being ruthless. His relationship with his father would've probably spurred him even harder to get to the top quicker as to prove him wrong on being "useless". But as I said it only makes Hux slightly sympathetic as he still continues the stormtrooper program by kidnapping children and believing it to be the correct way for a loyal army, when there are other methods such as a clone army. You could even argue that he does this with pride from the way he defends it to Kylo Ren. And he has no remorse over committing genocide. Plus his backstory won't matter as much in the movies which is what the general audience will see. Hux's primary goal to for the audience to compare and contrast him with Kylo Ren in terms of the First Order's actions, as Kylo becomes more sympathetic and filled with regret, Hux will probably get more evil and ruthless. His backstory does not matter in the movies because of this and the fact that he is a secondary character, compared to Kylo who is the most important character in the ST! But Hux's backstory is there in the expanded canon and personally I think it's interesting. But yeah, I do see your point.
@AppleCrumble122

Oh, it's interesting thing to read about, but pointless from movies POV since they are "only what you need to know" basis. And that info isn't what we need to know for this particular story. nevertheless, some will take it as another stab against Kylo. Hux parents were unloving! Poor Hux! Bad Kylo! We all wanted to have Kylo's parents as parents!

BTW, hilarity has already begun:

http://nonibear11.tumblr.com/post/147150387580/rony-robber-sorry-not-sorry-lol-im-dying

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:22 pm

panki wrote:
rey09 wrote:Did Bloodline or this book address where the Solos lived? Wanted to know Ben's home planet
@rey09

Bloodline doesn't address is per se... we only know that the new republic changes capital every few years and I think it was in Chandrila for some time.....so chances are the Solos moved around a bit.
@panki

ah interesting thanks! Was hoping for Naboo to pop up Surprised

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:24 pm

vaderito wrote:Oh, it's interesting thing to read about, but pointless from movies POV since they are "only what you need to know" basis. And that info isn't what we need to know for this particular story. nevertheless, some will take it as another stab against Kylo. Hux parents were unloving! Poor Hux! Bad Kylo! We all wanted to have Kylo's parents as parents!

BTW, hilarity has already begun:

http://nonibear11.tumblr.com/post/147150387580/rony-robber-sorry-not-sorry-lol-im-dying

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

@vaderito Yeah I know what you mean. Double standards again! Really annoying!

Haha! Yep this was inevitable.

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:30 pm

BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:32 pm

@BastilaBey

LOL, Internet is running away with Armie Hux. Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:36 pm

@BastilaBey

ROFL that one's genius!

But seriously

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:36 pm

@AppleCrumble122 Seriously. That awful name tells me everything I need to know about where Hux got that stick up his arse from.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:46 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@AppleCrumble122 Seriously. That awful name tells me everything I need to know about where Hux got that stick up his arse from.
@BastilaBey

Gamora: "Who put stick up his arse? That is cruel."
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:04 pm

I haven't read the book but Hux is reading more and more to me as another villain who has never known love and will probably be killed off in the films. I enjoy the character when I see him on-screen, but don't really think about him otherwise... unlike Kylo, who kept me wondering well after the movie had ended.

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:36 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
vaderito wrote:@AppleCrumble122 They are taking "poor 4 years old labelled as useless by his illegitimate father who wants to tough him up" route so they kind of are. he could have been just a regular, very much loved son who grew up among Empire supporters. No underdog sith, etc.
@vaderito

@AppleCrumble122

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
panki wrote:I'm actually thinking of another crazier possibility.... what if Hux is actually Luke's son but is non-FS?

@panki He's secretly Ben Skywalker, the son of Luke and Mara! I mean come on, he has red hair and blue eyes like in the Legends continuity! Disney just made him older and non-FS to make it interesting! xD

@AppleCrumble122

I wonder whether Doctor Aphra is a non-FS retcon of Mara Jade.... she works in secret for Vader and she is tasked with pursuing Luke.... she is very resourceful, smart talking and a good fighter..... here is my crack theory Razz .... Aphra and Luke had a child but the child isn't FS and someone nobody would guess- Jessika Pava (Luke is her hero and takes a lot of interest in hearing stories about him in Weapon of a Jedi) ...or maybe KMT?

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Star-Wars

Last edited by panki on Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:39 pm

More Ben talk from Han and Leia

http://theknightsjedi.tumblr.com/post/147154069197/thesocietypenguin-thesocietypenguin-more

“Don’t you dare say he’s going to be a bandit . He’ll be an angel.”
“Nothing wrong with Bandits.”
“Nothing wrong with angels.”

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Tumblr15

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 2 Tumblr_oa298fw7cl1t674odo2_1280
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:45 pm

OMG, that dialog is pure cheese! Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 09 Jul 2016, 3:48 pm

@vaderito "Are you an angel?"

Also reminds me of Pablo calling him a 'fallen Jedi', again with the religious feel.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next