Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

+23
Darth Dementor
Kylo Ren
FrolickingFizzgig
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Slade
Helix
IoJovi
ZioRen
Darth Dingbat
spacebaby45678
Mana
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
snufkin
BastilaBey
rey09
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
panki
ISeeAnIsland
CienaRee
27 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 17 Empty Re: Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by IoJovi Sun 07 Aug 2016, 11:07 pm

panki wrote:In the EU, there are sith acolytes who used to wear masks and studied under a sith lord.... this system existed prior to Darth Bane's Rule of Two (only two official sith- a master and an apprentice) so there is a chance that someone familiar with the really ancient sith ways is teaching them all this....maybe we're getting the first hints of the existence of Snoke here? I know Snoke himself isn't sith but he might be familiar with the ancient ways of the sith since archaeology and finding ancient sith artifacts plays a prominent role in the ST.

I'm also intrigued by these lines from Life Debt:

Phantasms pursue her. She dreams of Han, dead in the snow. She dreams of poor Chewie in a cage somewhere. She dreams of herself on a table, dying as her child—no, children—are born. Then comes a vision of Luke, lost among the stars, searching for something and failing, never returning. She dreams of being lost in a forest, and then of being lost inside the Death Star—she and Luke and Han are fleeing stormtroopers, trying desperately to get back to the Falcon after Obi-Wan powers down the tractor beam controls, but now she knows the dread truth: He failed, he died, and the ship is still anchored there, and even if they could find their way out of the tangle of passages, they’ll never escape…

The first thing is that Leia's visions remind me the ones Anakin had, which led him to make some decisions that pushed him towards the dark side... I wonder if she continued to have scary visions and that is what made her send Ben away to Luke....also, a part of her vision did end up coming true- Han died on Starkiller base which was a snowy planet...another thing that is curious is that she mentions dying during childbirth and having children.... now this could be her experiencing Anakin's vision of Padme's death....but could Han and Leia has lost a child? A child's death can also create a rift in a marriage and their problems might have nothing to do with Ben...and it would have had some impact on Ben's childhood and life as well.
@panki

This line confused the heck out of me at first, but now it makes sense. I don't believe Leia was pregnant with twins, as it would have stated she felt another presence besides Ben's, and we didn't see any of that.

Now get it - it was Padme she was dreaming of, and her own birth. And yes, I did catch that about Han in the snow, since Starkiller was essentially a snow planet - makes sense.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending - Page 17 Empty Re: Aftermath: Life Debt by Chuck Wending

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 07 Aug 2016, 11:13 pm

IoJovi wrote:
panki wrote:In the EU, there are sith acolytes who used to wear masks and studied under a sith lord.... this system existed prior to Darth Bane's Rule of Two (only two official sith- a master and an apprentice) so there is a chance that someone familiar with the really ancient sith ways is teaching them all this....maybe we're getting the first hints of the existence of Snoke here? I know Snoke himself isn't sith but he might be familiar with the ancient ways of the sith since archaeology and finding ancient sith artifacts plays a prominent role in the ST.

Phantasms pursue her. She dreams of Han, dead in the snow. She dreams of poor Chewie in a cage somewhere. She dreams of herself on a table, dying as her child—no, children—are born. Then comes a vision of Luke, lost among the stars, searching for something and failing, never returning. She dreams of being lost in a forest, and then of being lost inside the Death Star—she and Luke and Han are fleeing stormtroopers, trying desperately to get back to the Falcon after Obi-Wan powers down the tractor beam controls, but now she knows the dread truth: He failed, he died, and the ship is still anchored there, and even if they could find their way out of the tangle of passages, they’ll never escape…

The first thing is that Leia's visions remind me the ones Anakin had, which led him to make some decisions that pushed him towards the dark side... I wonder if she continued to have scary visions and that is what made her send Ben away to Luke....also, a part of her vision did end up coming true- Han died on Starkiller base which was a snowy planet...another thing that is curious is that she mentions dying during childbirth and having children.... now this could be her experiencing Anakin's vision of Padme's death....but could Han and Leia has lost a child? A child's death can also create a rift in a marriage and their problems might have nothing to do with Ben...and it would have had some impact on Ben's childhood and life as well.
@panki

This line confused the heck out of me at first, but now it makes sense. I don't believe Leia was pregnant with twins, as it would have stated she felt another presence besides Ben's, and we didn't see any of that.

Now get it - it was Padme she was dreaming of, and her own birth. And yes, I did catch that about Han in the snow, since Starkiller was essentially a snow planet - makes sense.
@IoJovi

Agreed on all of that. The "being lost in a forest" sounds a bit like Rey's vision, too.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Mon 08 Aug 2016, 5:34 am

i haven't read the book or this thread properly, i was just struck by the roman names in the book.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 09 Aug 2016, 7:11 am

IoJovi wrote:

@panki

This line confused the heck out of me at first, but now it makes sense.  I don't believe Leia was pregnant with twins, as it would have stated she felt another presence besides Ben's, and we didn't see any of that.  

Now get it - it was Padme she was dreaming of, and her own birth.  And yes, I did catch that about Han in the snow, since Starkiller was essentially a snow planet - makes sense.  
@IoJovi

While the most plausible explanation of Leia's force vision is that she was seeing Padme's death, there is another way of looking at it...

For one thing, Leia might not have sensed she was having twins....even force prodigy Anakin thought Padme was going to have a son, not twins (he didn't know about Leia till ROTJ) and Leia is nowhere as strong as him.....even the serpent puzzle tree Leia meditated on with intertwining branches hints at duality of some sort.....and even if they didn't have twins but had a second child who died in childhood, it would explain why they were already leading separate lives even before Ben fell to the dark side (the pain and guilt associated with losing a child). Leia buried herself in work and Han took to mentoring young people and managing a racing team. It would also explain Ben being shipped off to Luke and his feelings of abandonment and betrayal (he might have felt neglected at a time he needed them the most). I am going to take a guess here and say Ben had  sibling who died in a flying accident.... it also could connect to PH's cryptic tweet about Ben's piloting skills. (not that Ben caused the death but Leia might have blamed Han and stopped Ben's flying lessons)

Siblings are a big thing in SW.....so far the important ST characters are all only children. Look at all the references to sibling relationships:
PT/ Clone wars:  Darth Maul and Savage Opress (and Feral); Ventress and her fellow Nightsisters (related by blood and belief)
OT: Luke and Leia
Aftermath: Norra Wexley and her sister (who brought Temmin up when Norra was away)
Lost Stars: Ciena Ree and her dead twin; Thane and his elder brother

The only other option is that Rey or Finn has a sibling somewhere in the galaxy.
*takes off tinfoil hat* Razz

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Wed 17 Aug 2016, 4:53 am

Spoiler:
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 17 Aug 2016, 5:16 am

jakkusun wrote:
Spoiler:
@jakkusun

Those are great catches! The parallels between the mother-child relationships of Leia-Ben vs. Rae-Adea......both busy and ambitious mothers with obedient children (motherly sentiment in Rae's case)...and both children being manipulated by an evil creeper (i'm glad they didn't make Snoke female) ....but I did notice one slight different here- Kylo actually tries to save Leia's life when he tells Snoke he'll get the information he wants and doesn't want the resistance base blown up ...similarly, Leia makes a similar attempt to save Kylo by telling Han there is still good in their son but in case Han had failed, the truth is that Kylo would have died on Starkiller base. In Rae and Adea's case, Adea actively attempts to kill Rae and Rae kills Adea, though unhappily.

Last edited by panki on Wed 17 Aug 2016, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2016, 4:26 pm

The release of Aftermath: Empire's End has been delayed slightly from 31st January 2017 to 21st February 2017. The reason given is to adjust the spacing between books.

Last edited by Mrs Ben Solo on Wed 17 Aug 2016, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 17 Aug 2016, 4:29 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:The release of Aftermath: Empire's End has been delayed slightly from 31st January 2017 to 21st February 2017. The reason given is adjust the spacing between books.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Even the gap between most comic book releases has increased as well.... scratch There is now nearly a month and a half to two months gap between comics that were released on a monthly basis before.... Suspect Or maybe they want time for RO to stay in the news before Episode VIII spoilers overshadow it.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2016, 4:40 pm

panki wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:The release of Aftermath: Empire's End has been delayed slightly from 31st January 2017 to 21st February 2017. The reason given is adjust the spacing between books.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Even the gap between most comic book releases has increased as well.... scratch There is now nearly a month and a half to two months gap between comics that were released on a monthly basis before.... Suspect Or maybe they want time for RO to stay in the news before Episode VIII spoilers overshadow it.
@panki

It is slightly suspicious. You could be on to something there with the timing of Rogue One. If Empire's End drops some major hints for Episode VIII it will shift the focus of hype back onto that movie when they will want to capitalise on Rogue One. But then again, the books never get as much hype as the movies. The anthology films will probably have a shorter shelf life than the saga ones, though, so I can understand that they'd want to milk it for all its worth!

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Wed 17 Aug 2016, 4:40 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:The release of Aftermath: Empire's End has been delayed slightly from 31st January 2017 to 21st February 2017. The reason given is to adjust the spacing between books.
@Mrs Ben Solo
Lol,what a councidence they'll be releasing it on my brithday. Very Happy

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 17 Aug 2016, 5:00 pm

jakkusun wrote:
Spoiler:
@jakkusun

Great catch! Very interesting parallel that you identified.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 17 Aug 2016, 5:08 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
panki wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@panki

It is slightly suspicious. You could be on to something there with the timing of Rogue One. If Empire's End drops some major hints for Episode VIII it will shift the focus of hype back onto that movie when they will want to capitalise on Rogue One. But then again, the books never get as much hype as the movies. The anthology films will probably have a shorter shelf life than the saga ones, though, so I can understand that they'd want to milk it for all its worth!
@Mrs Ben Solo
I think that's the best explanation. I can't think of any other to be honest. It goes along with pushing the release date of VIII back. They probably want more time to work on things and realized that if they spaced them out Rogue One wouldn't be overshadowed in any way by whatever reveals are in Empire's End. It's a book so I'm not expecting anything huge, but I guess we'll see in due time.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 25 Aug 2016, 2:04 pm

I finally finished Life Debt while on vacation!

Anyone else thinking that with everything lining up for the big climax in Empire's End to take place on Jakku, it might be setting things up for Ben to be born there?

I can't believe the way Leia is running around that late in her pregnancy. By the time I was third trimester, none of my shoes fit any more, and I couldn't wear anything on my feet other than flipflops. Not to mention that I waddled when I walked, etc.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 25 Aug 2016, 2:43 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I finally finished Life Debt while on vacation!

Anyone else thinking that with everything lining up for the big climax in Empire's End to take place on Jakku, it might be setting things up for Ben to be born there?

I can't believe the way Leia is running around that late in her pregnancy. By the time I was third trimester, none of my shoes fit any more, and I couldn't wear anything on my feet other than flipflops. Not to mention that I waddled when I walked, etc.
@ISeeAnIsland

On the first bolded, I think they are. It will be a metaphor for him to be born into devastation like that. Also, with whatever is buried on Jakku, could he have had some kind of dark side exposure? I don't know how, but there might be something there.

On the second bolded, it must be the Force! Laughing Leia might hate Vader, but I bet he and his Force stopped all manner of things like swollen feet and stretch marks and heartburn. (I didn't get the swollen feet until after my C-section, but my belly was ridiculous and my stretch marks are legendary. I also had a cold the entire time. They call is "rhinitis of pregnancy." No cold for Leia I bet! Very Happy

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 25 Aug 2016, 2:46 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

If they have Leia give birth anywhere in vicinity of the AT-AT Rey lives in, well Rey's already got the MF and they've hinted that's where he was conceived.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 25 Aug 2016, 2:51 pm

snufkin wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

If they have Leia give birth anywhere in vicinity of the AT-AT Rey lives in, well Rey's already got the MF and they've hinted that's where he was conceived.
@snufkin

The back of that book cover supposedly has the AT-AT on it!
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 25 Aug 2016, 2:52 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

On the first bolded, I think they are. It will be a metaphor for him to be born into devastation like that. Also, with whatever is buried on Jakku, could he have had some kind of dark side exposure? I don't know how, but there might be something there.

On the second bolded, it must be the Force! Laughing Leia might hate Vader, but I bet he and his Force stopped all manner of things like swollen feet and stretch marks and heartburn. (I didn't get the swollen feet until after my C-section, but my belly was ridiculous and my stretch marks are legendary. I also had a cold the entire time. They call is "rhinitis of pregnancy." No cold for Leia I bet! Very Happy

@SoloSideCousin

I also had gestational rhinitis! It wasn't fun. I couldn't breathe, and I snored horribly from ~week 20 on. I believe that Life Debt did mention that Leia had morning sickness, so she at least had that to deal with.

Yeah, I was thinking either some sort of dark side exposure or something to link Ben and Rey (with Rey's time on Jakku). Especially if Rey was also born there...perhaps there's something there that links them together in the Force.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Thu 25 Aug 2016, 2:52 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

Yup, I thought the same thing!

If Rax DOES turn out to be Snoke, it would also be an ideal opportunity to bring him into initial contact with Ben (perhaps Leia is captured, goes into labour in the custody of the Imperials or similar?)

Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Thu 25 Aug 2016, 3:49 pm

Blackcanary wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

If Rax DOES turn out to be Snoke, it would also be an ideal opportunity to bring him into initial contact with Ben (perhaps Leia is captured, goes into labour in the custody of the Imperials or similar?)

@Blackcanary

Actually it looks like Rax is human according to Chuck Widling: 
https://twitter.com/ChuckWendig/status/759794914624409600
Snoke is a humanoid so I guess the theory that he's Rax's debunked.
I would love if Ben's born on Jakku it would give him yet another connection to Rey I  hope his birth happens in the next book it would be fitting.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 25 Aug 2016, 4:03 pm

CienaRee wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Blackcanary

I would love if Ben's born on Jakku it would give him yet another connection to Rey I  hope his birth happens in the next book it would be fitting.
@CienaRee

I swear with how that AT-AT is supposed to be on the back cover of Aftermath 3, I wouldn't be surprised if Ben was born there and Rey ended up living there. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Thu 25 Aug 2016, 4:16 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Blackcanary

@CienaRee

I swear with how that AT-AT is supposed to be on the back cover of Aftermath 3, I wouldn't be surprised if Ben was born there and Rey ended up living there. :-)
@SoloSideCousin
Seriously,don't do this to me.I have this headcanon that Kylo and Rey's firstborn is born on Jakku so if Kylo's born there I would be like ''Yes,omg Rey's living on Ben'' birth place.''Smile
I took the back cover as a clue that Rey's connected to the Empire but Ben being born there is also a really awesome theory(please let it be true that will certantly help us with the spoiler drought).

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 25 Aug 2016, 4:29 pm

CienaRee wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Blackcanary

@CienaRee

@SoloSideCousin
Seriously,don't do this to me.I have this headcanon that Kylo and Rey's firstborn is born on Jakku so if Kylo's born there I would be like ''Yes,omg Rey's living on Ben'' birth place.''Smile
I took the back cover as a clue that Rey's connected to the Empire but Ben being born there is also a really awesome theory(please let it be true that will certantly help us with the spoiler drought).
@CienaRee

Why can't it be both? Twisted Evil
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Thu 25 Aug 2016, 4:34 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Blackcanary

@CienaRee

@SoloSideCousin
@CienaRee

Why can't it be both? Twisted Evil
@ISeeAnIsland
That would be even cooler. Twisted Evil

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 25 Aug 2016, 4:52 pm

If they actually did that detail, then no wonder he freaked over What Girl. Also poor Rey, she really can't avoid this guy no matter how hard she tries. The Force wills it! Wonder if that's when the MF was stolen. Also ouch with Han telling Rey that she's from a junkyard if he's been there before.

Makes you wonder though, between being born after Endor and maybe during Jakku, he's a contrast with Poe, whose parents left the action to focus FT on raising on him. And now Poe's being set up as the probably leader/successor to the movement.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 26 Aug 2016, 6:45 pm

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!

I just thought of something! You know how there have been the lines about Snoke targeting Ben from the beginning, etc?

(Pulling from another thread)
"It's more than just having a 'bad seed' as a kid. Snoke had targeted this kid and knew that this kid was going to be incredibly powerful in The Force and wanted him as an ally." -- JJ Abrams

What if Snoke was present or had a conduit present at the battle of Jakku and crossed paths with a very pregnant Princess Leia? (Assuming that Snoke already knew about the family connection to the Force?) Ben could have had a target on his back from before he was ever even born.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next