Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

+23
Kylo Men
Gemlake
SheLitAFire
Mana
BenRey
bossbaby
Hasi
MeadowofAshes
Saracene
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
darthbutterfingers
Darth_Awakened
MyOnlyHope
panki
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
morose_cat
Moonjump05
snufkin
DarthRen
vaderito
Irina de France
27 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by snufkin Mon 22 Jan 2018, 9:43 pm

If I'm alive in 40 years, maybe we'll get the full story about the ST when they're doing god knows which # re-boot of the franchise. It sounds like the Sam character Finn evolved out of was meant to be a foil/sidekick to the Kira character who became Rey. And from the stories that they looked at Jesse Plemons (who's worked with Rian Johnson), Finn sometimes feels like somebody on the production team thought of his comic relief best friend Landry, on Friday Night Lights, to Rey's Matt Saracen (working class talent with a big heart who's abandoned by his parents and raised by his grandmother).

As for Rose, agreed that's obviously where Rian's heart was in terms of characters. She's very much in the vein of a screwball comedy heroine with moxie you don't miss with. And is it me, but does she also have a bit of the same character arc/attitude as another Disney heroine?

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 5 1*9aSeZirg0yCdpiyHqJZBwQ
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by Saracene Mon 22 Jan 2018, 11:04 pm

@snufkin Hah yes Rose is totally Judy Smile TLJ's problem is that she's not paired up with the SW equivalent of Nick.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 22 Jan 2018, 11:22 pm

Saracene wrote:@snufkin Hah yes Rose is totally Judy Smile TLJ's problem is that she's not paired up with the SW equivalent of Nick.
@Saracene

Technically the SW equivalent to Nick would be DJ, but he's both too old and too self-serving for that to work.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 10 Aug 2018, 10:08 am

Usually when reading Shakespeare's adaptation of Star Wars we find romantic quotes between Kylo and Rey, but in Jedi the Last I found one of the most romantic and it is Finnrose.

After Rose kisses Finn, there is those lines
Finn:
Fine lass, a Rose by any other name
Would never smell as sweet as thou, dear friend.

I love references to Romeo and Juliet, but I hope it ends better for Finn and Rose. Very Happy
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 19 Sep 2018, 10:45 am

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_pexqywJSRQ1s9sqje_1280
I know TLJ comics has some issues but I think the kiss between Finn and Rose is even better than in the movie.

http://dancingpenguin57.tumblr.com/post/178003194843/so-the-mildly-disappointing-tlj-comic-adaptation

Movie kiss:
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 30 Oct 2018, 10:07 pm

Caused me to smile, and I do wonder if this was Disney/LF's way to thank the Rose supporters, and Razz/as a shrug to the critics - because in SW: Women of the Galaxy...the Rose section is huge, which was a pleasant surprise when I noticed it. As an example, Ahsoka, Leia, Padme, and Rey have 8 pages each. However, Rose's is 6 pages, which is the same length as Jyn, Maz, Sabine, and Qi'ra, as examples.

Reading tea leaves and as an aside, - I hope this is an indication that Rose and Rey will become confidants...friends
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5