Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

+23
Kylo Men
Gemlake
SheLitAFire
Mana
BenRey
bossbaby
Hasi
MeadowofAshes
Saracene
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
darthbutterfingers
Darth_Awakened
MyOnlyHope
panki
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
morose_cat
Moonjump05
snufkin
DarthRen
vaderito
Irina de France
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:45 am

vaderito wrote:
Saracene wrote:
I could totally get onboard with Finn having doubts about the Resistance, or his own image as the hero. It's the "running away from the First Order" bit that I'm unsure about. However they explored this in TFA, there seemed to be a resolution; Finn decided not to run, but to instead head back straight into the FO, where he had a moment of triumph over Phasma who used to terrify him. Now he's back to wanting to run again?
@Saracene

I think it's more a manner of speaking than an actual characterization. They are all trained what to say so he really isn't revealing much. I wouldn't read much into it.
@vaderito
That's very true. Daisy (it appears) is coached to say good but mysterious things about Luke and talk about Rey as growing and learning, Boyega is trained to say Finn is running, indecisive and unsure about being a hero, and now Kelly is coached to praise Finn and have fun back-and-forths with Boyega. We've heard similar things for a long time now. So yeah, even though it does sound similar to what Finn experienced in TFA, I don't really think it's cause for disappointment just yet. We have a long time to go and it sounds to me as though what Finn is really dealing with is fear over being an actual Resistance hero, not fear of being found out or fear of the First Order. I've always said that Finn is a bit of a coward. That doesn't mean he isn't brave or won't stand up when it's necessary, just that he has very strong survival instincts that tend to override his better judgment at times.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:54 pm

[quote="Hasi"][quote="vaderito"]Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_oofa16lTUQ1qgri2wo2_500
Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_oofa16lTUQ1qgri2wo3_500

[list=messageList]
[*]
Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_oog5jc116u1qiaxzfo2_540

[list=messageList]
[*]
Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_oog5jc116u1qiaxzfo3_540

[list=messageList]
[*]
Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_oog5jc116u1qiaxzfo1_540

[/list]
@vaderito

The chemistry between John and Kelly seems indeed amazing, and Kelly seems amazing too! I had a good feeling about her and her character and I'm glad I wasn't disappointed.
The part with Finn and the Resistance ladies made me laugh because at the beginning, back before they revealed Kelly becoming part of the cast, that's what I thought Finn would have done in the next two movies when it comes to romantic relationships...flirting and acting cool with some Resistance girls and being all "Look at me, I fought against the infamous Kylo Ren and survived!" lol
Given the way John talked about Kelly when they first mentioned her it was kinda obvious what kind of relationship Finn and Rose were going to have....that's quite the contrast with Kylo and Rey. Not a single word before TFA and it took them a year to directly adress their interactions and scenes together, while with Finn and Rose they've been talking about it since the very beginning, before we even knew her name. And even at SWC of course there wasn't a single word on Kylo or how Rey is going to interact with him in TLJ. Wonder why Cool

@Hasi

I love the idea of "big deal" Finn being characterized as a flirt. Let's face it--that's what we saw onscreen with him and Rey in TFA. (e.g. "You got a boyfriend? A cute boyfriend?") I'm really looking forward to seeing how things unfold with him and Rose onscreen.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bossbaby Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:57 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Saracene wrote:
I could totally get onboard with Finn having doubts about the Resistance, or his own image as the hero. It's the "running away from the First Order" bit that I'm unsure about. However they explored this in TFA, there seemed to be a resolution; Finn decided not to run, but to instead head back straight into the FO, where he had a moment of triumph over Phasma who used to terrify him. Now he's back to wanting to run again?
@Saracene

I think it's more a manner of speaking than an actual characterization. They are all trained what to say so he really isn't revealing much. I wouldn't read much into it.
@vaderito
That's very true. Daisy (it appears) is coached to say good but mysterious things about Luke and talk about Rey as growing and learning, Boyega is trained to say Finn is running, indecisive and unsure about being a hero, and now Kelly is coached to praise Finn and have fun back-and-forths with Boyega. We've heard similar things for a long time now. So yeah, even though it does sound similar to what Finn experienced in TFA, I don't really think it's cause for disappointment just yet. We have a long time to go and it sounds to me as though what Finn is really dealing with is fear over being an actual Resistance hero, not fear of being found out or fear of the First Order. I've always said that Finn is a bit of a coward. That doesn't mean he isn't brave or won't stand up when it's necessary, just that he has very strong survival instincts that tend to override his better judgment at times.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Maybe Finn and Rose try to run away together (they could fall in love relatively early in the film, who knows (time skip maybe?)) before they end up being pulled back into the conflict?

We know Finn's not a pilot, John said Rose isn't a pilot either, and they're not Force sensitive, so maybe they feel at first that since they have no special skills they can go elope and lead a normal life somewhere safe without the Resistance really missing them?
bossbaby
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Apr 2017, 11:30 pm

vaderito wrote:Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_oofa16lTUQ1qgri2wo2_500
Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_oofa16lTUQ1qgri2wo3_500

[list=messageList]
[*]
Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_oog5jc116u1qiaxzfo2_540

[list=messageList]
[*]
Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_oog5jc116u1qiaxzfo3_540

[list=messageList]
[*]
Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_oog5jc116u1qiaxzfo1_540

[/list]

[/list]

[/list]
@vaderito

Where are those gifs from? I'd really like to watch the interview.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:37 pm

@AppleCrumble122 It's from an ABC news interview during SWC - John and Kelly's part starts around 06:10. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It_olylT42I
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 22 Apr 2017, 11:53 pm

Given how tight of a lockdown most of TLJ is, is anyone else surprised by the big marketing push that StormRose seems to be getting? I'm wondering if either of the following motives is behind it:

* Introducing audiences to KMT and appropriately set expectations for fans who were expecting FinnRey.
* Providing a bit of a misdirection ("Oh, StormRose is the ST romance), so as to deflect attention away from Reylo, especially if Rey and Kylo are going to be marketed together in any way (e.g. the teaser poster).
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 23 Apr 2017, 2:25 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Given how tight of a lockdown most of TLJ is, is anyone else surprised by the big marketing push that StormRose seems to be getting? I'm wondering if either of the following motives is behind it:

* Introducing audiences to KMT and appropriately set expectations for fans who were expecting FinnRey.
* Providing a bit of a misdirection ("Oh, StormRose is the ST romance), so as to deflect attention away from Reylo, especially if Rey and Kylo are going to be marketed together in any way (e.g. the teaser poster).
@ISeeAnIsland

It seems to me the main reason for that kind of not subtle- at -all promotion is the prominence of Kelly's role as Rose in the future two movies: she's clearly joining the main cast, and becoming one of the heroes.
They were pulling "a trio" thing for the nostalgia sake before TFA. And everyone who paid attention to the movie (at minimum level) could get the fact "the trio" is not at all "the trio" in OT sense.

I agree, as well, for a little bit of "misdirection" in a sense of hiding the existence of a second, hidden romance.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Wed 24 May 2017, 11:39 am

"It's Finn and Rose, they're on a massive adventure. It's a big mission they need to complete. The Resistance is under immense pressure, and it's time for them to get a bit of help. That's where Finn and Rose come in, and they're thrust into a crazy adventure."

https://www.moviefone.com/2017/05/24/john-boyega-finn-rose-crazy-adventure-star-wars-the-last-jedi/
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 24 Sep 2017, 1:51 pm

Wonder what this means for Finn and Rose. That Finn plans or wants to get off with Rey or maybe it was his original idea, before meeting Rose.

“It got really real for him, [a]nd he just wants to get away and not be involved. His intention in the first place was to go to the Outer Rim. He was always brought back [in The Force Awakens,], but this is his chance to get away and perhaps find Rey and go off together. He’s trying to do that at first.” wrote:
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by darthbutterfingers Sun 24 Sep 2017, 8:48 pm

DarthRen wrote:Wonder what this means for Finn and Rose. That Finn plans or wants to get off with Rey or maybe it was his original idea, before meeting Rose.

“It got really real for him, [a]nd he just wants to get away and not be involved. His intention in the first place was to go to the Outer Rim. He was always brought back [in The Force Awakens,], but this is his chance to get away and perhaps find Rey and go off together. He’s trying to do that at first.” wrote:
@DarthRen

I think you have to note the bit where it says "he's trying to do that at first", i.e at the begining of the movie. It doesn't surprise me given the end of TFA. But - I think things change. I think the implications from what I've read is that Rose challenges him and that gets his attention. I think we will see Finn and Rose get closer during TLJ.

To be honest I think someone like Rose will suit Finn better than Rey anyway. Rey is off doing Jedi things and that's the path she will follow. If Finn is not force sensitive as the SW databank implies then he's going to have a hard time keeping up with Rey on the Jedi path (in my opinion that spot's reserved for Kylo/Ben Solo anyway). It would not be good for either Rey or Finn for him to try and follow her as she pursues being a Jedi. If they did get together then in my opinion it would be one of those relationships that just withers away because they're always off doing their own thing (and because I think Rey will always be drawn to Kylo/Ben) or ends in arguments about whose not supporting who etc. Finn needs someone whose going to be there with him and that will be Rose.

I bet Rose will have her own arc too. I think they said her family were killed by the FO (only has her sister left) and Finn stepping up as the hero (after she gives him a nudge) is what she needs (I can see these two being Resistance heroes together).

So yeah, don't worry about Finn wanting to find Rey at first, by the end of TLJ I think it will be Finn and Rose not Finn and Rey. Rey has another path with a certain messed up dark side 'sort of like a prince' catastrophe that needs rescuing. Actually I'd laugh if Rose also turns out to be Finn's metaphorical rescuer too. Our stormtrooper in distress rescued by the level headed competent mechanic who won't let Finn back out of being the hero he was always meant to be.

darthbutterfingers
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Mon 25 Sep 2017, 8:02 am

darthbutterfingers wrote:
DarthRen wrote:Wonder what this means for Finn and Rose. That Finn plans or wants to get off with Rey or maybe it was his original idea, before meeting Rose.

@DarthRen

I think you have to note the bit where it says "he's trying to do that at first", i.e at the begining of the movie. It doesn't surprise me given the end of TFA. But - I think things change. I think the implications from what I've read is that Rose challenges him and that gets his attention. I think we will see Finn and Rose get closer during TLJ.

To be honest I think someone like Rose will suit Finn better than Rey anyway. Rey is off doing Jedi things and that's the path she will follow. If Finn is not force sensitive as the SW databank implies then he's going to have a hard time keeping up with Rey on the Jedi path (in my opinion that spot's reserved for Kylo/Ben Solo anyway). It would not be good for either Rey or Finn for him to try and follow her as she pursues being a Jedi. If they did get together then in my opinion it would be one of those relationships that just withers away because they're always off doing their own thing (and because I think Rey will always be drawn to Kylo/Ben) or ends in arguments about whose not supporting who etc. Finn needs someone whose going to be there with him and that will be Rose.

I bet Rose will have her own arc too. I think they said her family were killed by the FO (only has her sister left) and Finn stepping up as the hero (after she gives him a nudge) is what she needs (I can see these two being Resistance heroes together).

So yeah, don't worry about Finn wanting to find Rey at first, by the end of TLJ I think it will be Finn and Rose not Finn and Rey. Rey has another path with a certain messed up dark side 'sort of like a prince' catastrophe that needs rescuing. Actually I'd laugh if Rose also turns out to be Finn's metaphorical rescuer too. Our stormtrooper in distress rescued by the level headed competent mechanic who won't let Finn back out of being the hero he was always meant to be.
@darthbutterfingers

I never implied that Rey would end up with Finn, just if Finn and Rose will really happen but I am a bit paranoid.

Rey has a different path, although not sure what kind of path. If romantic, non-romantic. I would be happy for any kind of Reylo, just some connection, friendship and for example soulmates connected to each other even without any romance.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by darthbutterfingers Mon 25 Sep 2017, 6:32 pm

DarthRen wrote:
darthbutterfingers wrote:

@DarthRen

@darthbutterfingers

I never implied that Rey would end up with Finn, just if Finn and Rose will really happen but I am a bit paranoid.

Rey has a different path, although not sure what kind of path. If romantic, non-romantic. I would be happy for any kind of Reylo, just some connection, friendship and for example soulmates connected to each other even without any romance.
@DarthRen

Sorry @DarthRen if my overenthusiastic ramblings came over a bit strong. I know you weren't implying Finn would end up with Rey. I was just hoping to dispel any worries you had about Finn and Rose. Whether FinnRose or Reylo happens is not really up to us I guess but if you ask me it's looking positive on both counts. I was thinking before though that just like JJ is the original Reylo shipper, Rian just might be the original FinnRose shipper - I think were in good hands either way.

darthbutterfingers
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Empty Finn and Rose Appreciation Thread

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 13 Jan 2018, 9:18 am

I just realized we don't have a Finn and Rose thread in TLJ section yet. I'm not sure when we'll be moving to a IX speculation section, but these two deserve some love, especially after all the nasty reactions from Finn/Rey and Finn/Poe fans. Show your support here!

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 91703

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 OYZNgK2

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Sat 13 Jan 2018, 9:27 am

One of my favourite things about these two is how clueless Finn is. I can see what JB meant when he said "Finn is a Stormtrooper, so he doesn't really know what's going on [in the romance department]." There were some definite characterization issues for a defected child soldier raised to do one thing in TFA, (he shouldn't have known what a boyfriend is, for example), but I was glad to see Rian kind of take a step back and correct those issues a little. Like Rose is clearly ahead of Finn and way more aware than he is about what's going on. She takes complete initiative, and the look on his face when she kisses him is like this one of slight confusion and dawning realization. Then the scene at the end where he has eyes for only her is just great. He's found the thing he wants to care for and protect.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Sat 13 Jan 2018, 9:33 am

Also just going to leave the photo that started it all here for anybody who wants to reminisce about all the times we were right.

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 322EE43500000578-3491395-image-a-50_1457974055554
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sat 13 Jan 2018, 9:36 am

Gorgeous fanart coming through!!:
Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 7dada710

Artist: Roselinath
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 13 Jan 2018, 9:45 am

My top 5 Finn and Rose moments in The Last Jedi:

5) Escaping on the BB-8 operated Walker
4) Finn tucking Rose in after the battle of Crait
3) Riding the Fathiers on the beach in front of the moon with Rose's theme climaxing on the background
2) Finn and Rose sharing that awkward look after Maz unambiguously boasts about having... experience... with Mr. Plum Bloom
1) Rose saving Finn and then surprising him with a kiss
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sat 13 Jan 2018, 4:28 pm

Yeah, the little tuck in Finn gives Rose and then just standing over her watching her sleep says all you need to know about the relationship. So sweet!

I assume going forward, that FinnRose is gonna be the down to earth, practical, super sugary relationship to contrast the Reylo angst fest.

And I am glad Finn was able to find a place for himself, not only with the resistance but more personally with Rose.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 15 Jan 2018, 8:13 pm

Official images of Finn and Rose from the databank!

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_p2mj8qqoC51w6j24yo4_540

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_p2mj8qqoC51w6j24yo5_540

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_p2mj8qqoC51w6j24yo8_1280
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Mon 15 Jan 2018, 8:17 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Official images of Finn and Rose from the databank!

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_p2mj8qqoC51w6j24yo8_1280
@FrolickingFizzgig

Good job snapshotting at the right moment, LF. Wink

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_neaml7rxsu1tg3a8ao1_r2_500_by_naruhina64-d84qsob
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 15 Jan 2018, 8:24 pm

"Falthiers were Paige's favorite animal and she'd died without seeing them." :'(. There'd better be a standalone movie or some chapter in the new ST where we get to see more of Paige and Rose.

Also the mention of hyperspace tracking ("we have them on a string" Snoke was sniggering over that and whatever he did to boost Force Skype), so is that going to be a thing going forward where they just chase each other around in space? Or did the FO just have one which got toasted when Holdo took out the Supremacy? Although that moment of Finn and Rose together isn't about the technology, it's when Maz tells them that she got freaky with Justin Theroux.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 16 Jan 2018, 5:40 pm

snufkin wrote:"Falthiers were Paige's favorite animal and she'd died without seeing them." :'(. There'd better be a standalone movie or some chapter in the new ST where we get to see more of Paige and Rose.

Also the mention of hyperspace tracking ("we have them on a string" Snoke was sniggering over that and whatever he did to boost Force Skype), so is that going to be a thing going forward where they just chase each other around in space? Or did the FO just have one which got toasted when Holdo took out the Supremacy? Although that moment of Finn and Rose together isn't about the technology, it's when Maz tells them that she got freaky with Justin Theroux.
@snufkin

There is a book expanding more about Rose and Paige! I haven't read it yet, but it's a middle-grade book called Cobalt Squadron:

Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread - Page 3 Latest?cb=20170831224519

And the audiobook is narrated by Kelly herself Wink
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 19 Jan 2018, 11:24 pm

The two Finn & Rose threads have been merged here.
Please let the staff know if you have any questions. Thanks!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemlake Sun 21 Jan 2018, 2:07 pm

I read through quite a few of the responses to the official Star Wars' tweet asking for fans' favorite ships, and not a single person mentioned Finn Rose.  Finn Poe, yes.  

Judging from the message boards, Star Wars' fans seem completely uninterested in this pairing.  Which is odd, in a way, because they had an entire plot line devoted to them, and the actors did a terrific job with the material.  Two seconds of Poe and Rey seems to be generating much more interest.

Ignoring the alt right reactions to the Finn Rose pairing, I wonder if part of the problem is Rian.  This board may disagree, but I don't think he creates engaging characters in the way that JJ/Kasdan did.  For all the complaints about TFA, I think we're here because we care about Kylo and Rey.   Add to that Poe, Finn, Hux, BB-8, Snoke, Maz, Phasma.  In contrast, I think Rian's best new characters were the Porgs.

Rose is cute, but I'm not invested in her character.  I thought her sister's few seconds of screentime were more intriguing than anything she did.

Last edited by Gemlake on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gemlake
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 21 Jan 2018, 2:15 pm

The problem is that Finn is kind of a one-movie character who they are going to stretch into three. This is even more true with Poe getting more screen time than planned. They don't really know what to do with him and the Finn-Rose time in TLJ is just dead and already hated.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next