Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"White Picket Fence" Ending

+16
Kessel
MeadowofAshes
Birdwoman
CienaRee
Cowgirlsamurai
Helix
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
Kyla Ren
IoJovi
ISeeAnIsland
Saracene
snufkin
AceofWands
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"White Picket Fence" Ending Empty "White Picket Fence" Ending

Post by adamdrivershair Sun 25 Jun 2017, 5:33 pm

So let's say that romantic Reylo happens - how likely do you think the "married with kids" ending is, whether this is shown onscreen or implied? Basically the most optimistic, "happy ending" spectrum of Reylo shipping, where they settle down together and have a family.

This particular ending seems to get a fair amount of derision within Reylo circles (though it has produced a lot of beautiful fan art). I'm not sure why - maybe because it would be too cheesy? Too difficult to do well? Too unrealistic given Kylo's crimes?

What do you guys think?
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

"White Picket Fence" Ending Empty Re: "White Picket Fence" Ending

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 25 Jun 2017, 5:58 pm

I would love to see that ( I love you ), but I think is highly unlikely. I don't think there will be enough time. Maybe it could happen if they make a big improvement in their relationship in TLJ, but I think at most we will see a kiss at the end of IX.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 25 Jun 2017, 6:37 pm

I think that if Kylo doesn't die, or if Rey doesn't die, it's actually a very likely scenario.

I don't believe that Kylo will have to pay for his crimes, for example. He didn't blow up or support blowing up any planets, his father forgave him, and there might be some level of grooming or brainwashing that might explain his actions.

I don't think they need to give the details, but it could end like Han and Leia, together, and the rest is for the other stories. I mean, we never saw Han and Leia getting married or having kids. I think just a final kiss already implies a future together.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 25 Jun 2017, 6:50 pm

I delurked on this topic to at least make the joke that when they move in together, that pyre with his enemies' ashes will be going into the garage.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 25 Jun 2017, 7:04 pm

I never thought that a happily-ever-after ending was on the table, and I think it’s even less likely now that the romance seems to be on a much slower schedule.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 25 Jun 2017, 7:15 pm

AceofWands wrote:I think that if Kylo doesn't die, or if Rey doesn't die, it's actually a very likely scenario.

I don't believe that Kylo will have to pay for his crimes, for example. He didn't blow up or support blowing up any planets, his father forgave him, and there might be some level of grooming or brainwashing that might explain his actions.

I don't think they need to give the details, but it could end like Han and Leia, together, and the rest is for the other stories. I mean, we never saw Han and Leia getting married or having kids. I think just a final kiss already implies a future together.
@AceofWands

I'm in this camp, as well.

IMO, the romance being a slow burn makes a "happy ending" more likely.

If they'd gone "full romance" in TLJ, it could make sense for Rey at the end of IX deciding that she needs to find herself, be a Jedi monk, or whatever. But if she and Kylo don't fully recognize/acknowledge their full feelings until IX, they're not going to have the characters come to a "realization of love" in IX only to yank that away from them at the end...not if they've spent two movies building towards it.

Wonder Woman spoiler:
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 25 Jun 2017, 7:42 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
AceofWands wrote:I think that if Kylo doesn't die, or if Rey doesn't die, it's actually a very likely scenario.

@AceofWands

I'm in this camp, as well.

IMO, the romance being a slow burn makes a "happy ending" more likely.

If they'd gone "full romance" in TLJ, it could make sense for Rey at the end of IX deciding that she needs to find herself, be a Jedi monk, or whatever. But if she and Kylo don't fully recognize/acknowledge their full feelings until IX, they're not going to have the characters come to a "realization of love" in IX only to yank that away from them at the end...not if they've spent two movies building towards it.

Wonder Woman spoiler:
@ISeeAnIsland

Kathleen Kennedy made a statement as recent as a month ago (just before the VF debacle), and I'm paraphrasing, that Star Wars is infinitely optimistic and is for all ages.  To me, this tells me not only does the only son and legacy Skywalker child will live through the end, but Rey will also find the belonging she craves.

Remember that scene on the MF where Rey bypasses the compressor, telling herself, "I can fix this!", following the scene where it's revealed Kylo Ren is Ben Solo?  Yes, that one - the one where she just saved something dear to Han that he couldn't save himself.  That scene wasn't just added because it looked cool - it's there for a reason.

So slow burn or epic in your face romance, it doesn't matter - the result is the same.  As a matter of fact, the slow burn aspect in my opinion makes it far MORE likely we're getting that happy ending.  Rian's primary job is to get the audience on Kylo's side, and that's the focus.

No, I don't see marriage or kids in the middle of IX, but I see it ending with the possibility for them, similar to how RotJ ended with Han and Leia.

Great topic btw - I could go on about this one for hours.  Laughing

EDIT: @ISeeAnIsland that is a fantastic point about the slow burn aspect hinted at by Rian Johnson. You just made my freaking day.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sun 25 Jun 2017, 8:03 pm

If Kylo lives, I think we might get an open ended sort of romance, and by that I mean that they will probably make it clear that the two of them are most likely headed towards marriage and kids.  Maybe they’ll have Kylo going off into exile with Rey deciding to join him.  Or maybe it won’t be exile.  Maybe they’ll just have the two of them going off together to start a new Jedi order or something like that.

If Kylo dies, then I expect something major to happen in their relationship before the end of Episode IX, like they get married and by the very end Rey is pregnant.  Although I don't know if they would make it clear that she is pregnant when the trilogy ends.

Either way, I really think they’re going to keep the door open for future saga films, and since they’ve said that the saga films are about the Skywalkers, I think that means that either Kylo has to survive or Rey has to be pregnant by the end of the trilogy.  And, because this is a Disney film, my guess is that they will be married before any babies are born.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 25 Jun 2017, 8:10 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:If Kylo lives, I think we might get an open ended sort of romance, and by that I mean that they will probably make it clear that the two of them are most likely headed towards marriage and kids.  Maybe they’ll have Kylo going off into exile with Rey deciding to join him.  Or maybe it won’t be exile.  Maybe they’ll just have the two of them going off together to start a new Jedi order or something like that.

If Kylo dies, then I expect something major to happen in their relationship before the end of Episode IX, like they get married and by the very end Rey is pregnant.  Although I don't know if they would make it clear that she is pregnant when the trilogy ends.

Either way, I really think they’re going to keep the door open for future saga films, and since they’ve said that the saga films are about the Skywalkers, I think that means that either Kylo has to survive or Rey has to be pregnant by the end of the trilogy.  And, because this is a Disney film, my guess is that they will be married before any babies are born.
@Kyla Ren

This. As much as I'd adore a love scene between these two, the moment they have sex Kylo's chances of survival through the end of IX drop dramatically. Laughing

Luckily, this is Disney and since there has never been a single love scene in a Star Wars film, I'm not too worried about that.

And yes, I don't think Disney bought Lucasfilm for one billion dollars only to kill off any chance for future sagas involving the GFFA's favorite dysfunctional family. I'm certain once it's out in the open, the audience (including myself), would love to see the adventures of their future children.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 25 Jun 2017, 8:17 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:If Kylo lives, I think we might get an open ended sort of romance, and by that I mean that they will probably make it clear that the two of them are most likely headed towards marriage and kids.  Maybe they’ll have Kylo going off into exile with Rey deciding to join him.  Or maybe it won’t be exile.  Maybe they’ll just have the two of them going off together to start a new Jedi order or something like that.

@Kyla Ren

I think it would be cool for IX to have an ending similar to that of Anakin and Padmé in Attack of the Clones, with them getting married. Laughing
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 25 Jun 2017, 8:47 pm

Down the line. They have another trilogy and spin-offs that can lead to that.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Sun 25 Jun 2017, 9:22 pm

I think at a minimum, we will get an ending similar to Han/Leia where we know Ben and Rey will be together but they don't show them get married.

I would love to see a jump in time to show them with their child, maybe a daughter they name Leia (cue the ugly cry from me) and/or show Ben on the MF with their child.

ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 25 Jun 2017, 9:25 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:I think at a minimum, we will get an ending similar to Han/Leia where we know Ben and Rey will be together but they don't show them get married.

I would love to see a jump in time to show them with their child, maybe a daughter they name Leia (cue the ugly cry from me) and/or show Ben on the MF with their child.

@ReyofLightSide
About to C
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 25 Jun 2017, 9:25 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:I think at a minimum, we will get an ending similar to Han/Leia where we know Ben and Rey will be together but they don't show them get married.

@ReyofLightSide

Oh I can totally see this as an five minute, "after the credits roll" kind of scenario. I'll be sobbing in my seat, regardless of what they name their child. Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 25 Jun 2017, 9:32 pm

IoJovi wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

Oh I can totally see this as an five minute, "after the credits roll" kind of scenario.  I'll be sobbing in my seat, regardless of what they name their child.  Laughing
@IoJovi

I'll be like Stretcher H-beating
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Sun 25 Jun 2017, 9:34 pm

I vote they call their kid Chewie II.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 25 Jun 2017, 9:34 pm

@ReyofLightSide

I'd like a movie where they have small children cause SW has never done that, you know, have characters who have small kids and how that plays into the plot.

Maybe they have twins? Take your pick:

IT DOES RUN IN HIS FAMILY.
Could you imagine? Two identical boys, the spitting image of their father, right down to his big ears. Kylo Ren (Ben?), knowing this pain far too well, convincing Rey to let them grow their hair out so they don’t feel self-conscious. Miniature temper tantrums when it flops into their eyes when they play spar and Rey pulling the thick black hair into six little buns, three for each son, apologizing that she only knows one hair style. They don’t mind a bit.

Or a little girl and a little boy, him with fair hair and her with inky black curls. Neither have any interest in combat or the Force. They only have eyes for the miniature X-Wing Uncles Finn and Poe got them for their last birthday and chase BB-8 around in it until bedtime. 

Or two little girls, who Kylo Ren has no idea how to act around. They look so much like their mother that he can barely stand it, and when she holds them, one on each hip, he swears he doesn’t deserve this happiness. He picks them flowers and levitates them into floral ballet dances as they watch in awe, hoping to show them the softness of the world. And at night he whispers into the still air around a sleeping Rey that he never thought he could know such Light as the two bright stars she gave him.

https://mweerden.tumblr.com/post/145095305874/convinced-if-rey-does-get-pregnant-with-kylo-ren
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 25 Jun 2017, 9:37 pm

vaderito wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

I'd like a movie where they have small children cause SW has never done that, you know, have characters who have small kids and how that plays into the plot.
@vaderito

Surprised That would be so interesting! Jumping
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 25 Jun 2017, 9:43 pm

IT DOES RUN IN HIS FAMILY.
Could you imagine? Two identical boys, the spitting image of their father, right down to his big ears. Kylo Ren (Ben?), knowing this pain far too well, convincing Rey to let them grow their hair out so they don’t feel self-conscious. Miniature temper tantrums when it flops into their eyes when they play spar and Rey pulling the thick black hair into six little buns, three for each son, apologizing that she only knows one hair style. They don’t mind a bit.

Or a little girl and a little boy, him with fair hair and her with inky black curls. Neither have any interest in combat or the Force. They only have eyes for the miniature X-Wing Uncles Finn and Poe got them for their last birthday and chase BB-8 around in it until bedtime. 

Or two little girls, who Kylo Ren has no idea how to act around. They look so much like their mother that he can barely stand it, and when she holds them, one on each hip, he swears he doesn’t deserve this happiness. He picks them flowers and levitates them into floral ballet dances as they watch in awe, hoping to show them the softness of the world. And at night he whispers into the still air around a sleeping Rey that he never thought he could know such Light as the two bright stars she gave him.

https://mweerden.tumblr.com/post/145095305874/convinced-if-rey-does-get-pregnant-with-kylo-ren[/quote]
@vaderito
OMG  Jumping H-beating  H-beating
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 25 Jun 2017, 10:34 pm

As the mother of a 5-year-old, I'm a bit biased, but I would love at least a spinoff movie (if not a full trilogy) where Rey and Kylo have young kids. It completely changes your priorities, and given Ben's and Rey's parents' failings as parents, I'd love to see how Kylo and Rey "make things right" in that regard.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 25 Jun 2017, 10:41 pm

Lol, twins on dad's side of the family don't increase chances of conceiving twins. 
That being said, I've always wanted to see Rey as a bad*** mom fighting the dark side with a babe strapped to her back. Perhaps we'd see it in episode 12? We were robbed of seeing both Padme and Leia with their children Crying or Very sad
 I think if Rey and Kylo do fall in love in this trilogy their happy ending won't be too dramatically depicted and their future will be shrouded in even more mystery.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sun 25 Jun 2017, 10:59 pm

IoJovi wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

Oh I can totally see this as an five minute, "after the credits roll" kind of scenario. I'll be sobbing in my seat, regardless of what they name their child. Laughing
@IoJovi

Crying or Very sad I love you Sad
Honestly thought after loosing both Han AND Leia in the ST I just don't see a super depressing ending where Kylo dies or he and Rey go their separate paths.It just wouldn't feel satisfying if they make the vieweres root for Kylo's redemption they have to be given some hope that thinsg might work out for him especially when he won't have anyone else besides Rey and maybe Luke.I mean like I said before it's depressing enough that both Han and Leia will be dead by the end and Kylo will never be able to properly reconcile with his mother(depending on whether they share scenes in TLJ) I don't think there's the need to make it even more tragic because Kylo has to be ''punished''for his past sins or whatever.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 25 Jun 2017, 11:13 pm

I feel the kids will be later on.  It will either be told in books, another trilogy or a spin off.  I feel these two will have more adventures before they have children.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 25 Jun 2017, 11:22 pm

Twins on dad's side does not factor into a woman having twins, but I'd bet you money GA doesn't know that. I've been asked more than once if mine are identical or fraternal, and not only are they a boy and girl, they also look nothing alike. LOL. Reylo twins is something GA and fandom would eat up, they just don't know it yet.

That said, I don't expect to see kids or implied kids by the end of the ST.

Marriage, OTOH, is one of several possibilities I could see, but it would be at the very end of IX. End of ANH (1st film of OT) = symbolic wedding. End of AotC (2nd film of PT) = literal wedding. Makes sense for a redeemed and living Ben and Rey, the progenitors of the new Jedi, to end the 3rd film of the ST with a wedding. Hey, maybe Uncle Luke could officiate!

I also see it equally likely they'll end the trilogy with a kiss or ride off into exile together.

What I don't see as likely is a separation because Rey is on (so far) a classically structured heroine's journey and her goal is to find belonging - so she ends up with her true partner. I also do not see Ben literally dying and staying dead as a likelihood. If Rian and Kasdan stick with the rebirth of the son foreshadowing JJ gave them, his rebirth will either be strictly symbolic or he will literally die/have a near death experience and be reborn. To me, those factors narrow down the options for how the trilogy will end.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 26 Jun 2017, 3:17 am

IoJovi wrote:

@Kyla Ren

This.  As much as I'd adore a love scene between these two, the moment they have sex Kylo's chances of survival through the end of IX drop dramatically.  Laughing

Luckily, this is Disney and since there has never been a single love scene in a Star Wars film, I'm not too worried about that.  

And yes, I don't think Disney bought Lucasfilm for one billion dollars only to kill off any chance for future sagas involving the GFFA's favorite dysfunctional family.  I'm certain once it's out in the open, the audience (including myself), would love to see the adventures of their future children.
@IoJovi

That's a good way to put it:  "the GFFA's favorite dysfunctional family" Laughing  I think there will definitely be more saga films after this trilogy, and I think that Kylo and Rey's kid(s) will most likely be the main character(s).
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next