Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"White Picket Fence" Ending

+16
Kessel
MeadowofAshes
Birdwoman
CienaRee
Cowgirlsamurai
Helix
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
Kyla Ren
IoJovi
ISeeAnIsland
Saracene
snufkin
AceofWands
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

"White Picket Fence" Ending - Page 3 Empty Re: "White Picket Fence" Ending

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 2:50 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:I do think they're going to end up together. But I actually had a dream about this, where Kylo Ren had died as a martyr, and Luke and Rey were having a conversation and he said, "That's the last of the Skywalker line." In the dream, Rey said, "No, it's not," and touched her stomach.

I don't actually think that'll happen - I do think they'll have at least a brief chance to be happy if not a HEA, but I believe Reylo is in the cards. It's too strong a dynamic to not carry on the Skywalker legacy, and they're practically shoving Kylo's redemption down the throats of Tomorrowland visitors in Disneyland. The dude's getting redeemed, and I am all for it. Smile

@RandomObserver

I actually think that could happen.  A friend of mine had a very similar idea, except that he thought it would be a scene with Leia and Rey after Kylo died.  Although, he had that idea before Carrie passed away, so unless they recast the role of Leia, that won't happen.

This brings up something I've been wondering about that might have already been discussed, although I might have missed it:  I used to think it likely that Kylo would not survive the trilogy, that they would have him die by sacrificing himself for Rey or the galaxy or something like that, but now that Carrie has passed, unless they recast the role of Leia, I think Kylo has a much better chance of surviving.  I mean, would they really have Han, Leia, and Kylo all dead by the end of the trilogy?  That would be both tragic and depressing. Sad  I'm just wondering if originally they had intended for him to die in Episode IX or if they were still undecided about his fate, would they have changed their minds as a result of Carrie's passing?  And does he not only have a better chance of surviving, but of maybe even having a happy ending?
@Kyla Ren

Before Carrie's death I had a feeling that the ending for Kylo and Leia was planned to be something like Kylo going into exile with Leia, Leia choosing her family instead of political duties. I though that they wanted to do it that way, to answer the question what would happened to Vader if he had survived.  There are many possibilites with it. He could be killed by the rebels, jailed or go into exile with Luke. And there we have Kylo as the one who is probably going to be redeemed. Being killled by the "good" guys after he become good again doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie (too dark and depressing), happy ever after (fully accepted by the "good" guys, enjoying big party on Endor with ewoks Laughing ) is unbelivably after TFA. Actually, acceptance from the main characters like Rey, Luke, Leia, Poe and Finn is possible, especially if the Reddit rumor (Snoke's ship crashing and all that stuff from there) is true. But it's difficult to say the same about the rest of the Galaxy. So what about jail or exile. For me Star Wars was always a fairytale, fantasy in space. So exile works better than jail, I think.

I went off topic there. What is this thread about? How could romantic Reylo happen? I still don't think that romantic Reylo is the endgame. Ok, end of spreading the defeatism there, in this thread. Twisted Evil So, assume that romantic Reylo is happening. Reylo kids in this trilogy? No, I don't think so. Too quick, too soon. I think that the Han and Leia ending with a kiss or Jyn and Cassian's looking at the sunset together are more possible (I saw Jyn and Cassian's potential for romance if they would survive. And I'm not romance entusiast. And many fanboys saw it, not only me.) We have only 2 more movies, around 2h each. And we have no indication that there will be some big time jumps. There will be some, I think, but it would be unsatisfying if the development would not be shown on screen. So I think that there is no time for Reylo kids. They would be the main characters in the next trilogy if there will be one. I have a theory that the way Star Wars trilogies are made is shown by the Lucas numbers. Laughing So first is 2nd trilogy, next is 1st, then 3rd and at the end 4th. Next Lucas number is 7 so there would be no more trilogies. Or it could be about generation of Skywalkers, then it could work. Laughing

@RandomObserver I also had a Star Wars dream. Some time ago I had a dream that Kylo survived the trilogy but Rey died. That would be a twist but it is not gonna happen. It would be strange for Star Wars movie. Star Wars is an optimistic story.
@Geralt_Riv

Thank you to all who have commented. You know, I know it's Disney, but that doesn't mean it won't go dark, or that Rey won't give in to temptation a little. We've seen more and more gray areas in Disney TV and movies (e.g., "Andi Mack" where her mother had her out of wedlock and pretended to be her sister until she was 13, "Maleficent" where she had her wings torn off and swore vengeance on men, etc.). They've also gone for more diverse areas with both ethnicity and plot direction, so I wouldn't count out Rey making a bad choice or doing something a Disney princess wouldn't do. I love Finn to bits and pieces and I have a huge thing for John Boyega... but I do think he has his own story, and he was Friend Zoned in TFA.

No, her path is headed towards Kylo/Ben. Just look at Frozen and Moana... females are becoming empowered in Disney movies and making their own paths, despite what seems like is in the cards for them. Kylo is the only one who really challenges who Rey is, and visa versa. He's pulled towards her light, and there's a really powerful dynamic they've employed here that you don't do in writing any kind of a manuscript on purpose. It's all deliberate, the choker shots on his microexpressions when he's looking at her, her reaction to him, his pleading eyes during the snow fight scene, all of it.

Rey isn't a baby factory, and that's not her purpose as the sole protagonist of the movie... she may or may not die, and Kylo Ren may or may not die, but I do think she's going to inevitably carry on the Skywalker legacy. Whether or not they get married any time through the next two movies, no clue... but I wouldn't entirely shirk away from the idea that they won't allude to the fact that something happens between them, whether they get trapped in a cave and start to kiss before the screen fades to black, or something. Star Wars is an optimistic story, but it's also angsty, and a lot of crap is gonna go down before they get to that HEA. Just my two cents. Smile

Back to top Go down

"White Picket Fence" Ending - Page 3 Empty Re: "White Picket Fence" Ending

Post by Kyla Ren Wed 28 Jun 2017, 8:01 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:I do think they're going to end up together. But I actually had a dream about this, where Kylo Ren had died as a martyr, and Luke and Rey were having a conversation and he said, "That's the last of the Skywalker line." In the dream, Rey said, "No, it's not," and touched her stomach.

I don't actually think that'll happen - I do think they'll have at least a brief chance to be happy if not a HEA, but I believe Reylo is in the cards. It's too strong a dynamic to not carry on the Skywalker legacy, and they're practically shoving Kylo's redemption down the throats of Tomorrowland visitors in Disneyland. The dude's getting redeemed, and I am all for it. Smile

@RandomObserver

I actually think that could happen.  A friend of mine had a very similar idea, except that he thought it would be a scene with Leia and Rey after Kylo died.  Although, he had that idea before Carrie passed away, so unless they recast the role of Leia, that won't happen.

This brings up something I've been wondering about that might have already been discussed, although I might have missed it:  I used to think it likely that Kylo would not survive the trilogy, that they would have him die by sacrificing himself for Rey or the galaxy or something like that, but now that Carrie has passed, unless they recast the role of Leia, I think Kylo has a much better chance of surviving.  I mean, would they really have Han, Leia, and Kylo all dead by the end of the trilogy?  That would be both tragic and depressing. Sad  I'm just wondering if originally they had intended for him to die in Episode IX or if they were still undecided about his fate, would they have changed their minds as a result of Carrie's passing?  And does he not only have a better chance of surviving, but of maybe even having a happy ending?
@Kyla Ren

Before Carrie's death I had a feeling that the ending for Kylo and Leia was planned to be something like Kylo going into exile with Leia, Leia choosing her family instead of political duties. I though that they wanted to do it that way, to answer the question what would happened to Vader if he had survived.  There are many possibilites with it. He could be killed by the rebels, jailed or go into exile with Luke. And there we have Kylo as the one who is probably going to be redeemed. Being killled by the "good" guys after he become good again doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie (too dark and depressing), happy ever after (fully accepted by the "good" guys, enjoying big party on Endor with ewoks Laughing ) is unbelivably after TFA. Actually, acceptance from the main characters like Rey, Luke, Leia, Poe and Finn is possible, especially if the Reddit rumor (Snoke's ship crashing and all that stuff from there) is true. But it's difficult to say the same about the rest of the Galaxy. So what about jail or exile. For me Star Wars was always a fairytale, fantasy in space. So exile works better than jail, I think.

I went off topic there. What is this thread about? How could romantic Reylo happen? I still don't think that romantic Reylo is the endgame. Ok, end of spreading the defeatism there, in this thread. Twisted Evil So, assume that romantic Reylo is happening. Reylo kids in this trilogy? No, I don't think so. Too quick, too soon. I think that the Han and Leia ending with a kiss or Jyn and Cassian's looking at the sunset together are more possible (I saw Jyn and Cassian's potential for romance if they would survive. And I'm not romance entusiast. And many fanboys saw it, not only me.) We have only 2 more movies, around 2h each. And we have no indication that there will be some big time jumps. There will be some, I think, but it would be unsatisfying if the development would not be shown on screen. So I think that there is no time for Reylo kids. They would be the main characters in the next trilogy if there will be one. I have a theory that the way Star Wars trilogies are made is shown by the Lucas numbers. Laughing So first is 2nd trilogy, next is 1st, then 3rd and at the end 4th. Next Lucas number is 7 so there would be no more trilogies. Or it could be about generation of Skywalkers, then it could work. Laughing

@RandomObserver I also had a Star Wars dream. Some time ago I had a dream that Kylo survived the trilogy but Rey died. That would be a twist but it is not gonna happen. It would be strange for Star Wars movie. Star Wars is an optimistic story.
@Geralt_Riv

It's interesting that you should mention your dream where Kylo lived and Rey died.  That's something that has crossed my mind and it would be a real twist.  I doubt it would happen, and I hope it doesn't happen, but it would definitely be a twist that most people would not see coming.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3