Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"White Picket Fence" Ending

+16
Kessel
MeadowofAshes
Birdwoman
CienaRee
Cowgirlsamurai
Helix
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
Kyla Ren
IoJovi
ISeeAnIsland
Saracene
snufkin
AceofWands
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"White Picket Fence" Ending - Page 2 Empty Re: "White Picket Fence" Ending

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 26 Jun 2017, 3:21 am

Moonlight13 wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:If Kylo lives, I think we might get an open ended sort of romance, and by that I mean that they will probably make it clear that the two of them are most likely headed towards marriage and kids.  Maybe they’ll have Kylo going off into exile with Rey deciding to join him.  Or maybe it won’t be exile.  Maybe they’ll just have the two of them going off together to start a new Jedi order or something like that.

If Kylo dies, then I expect something major to happen in their relationship before the end of Episode IX, like they get married and by the very end Rey is pregnant.  Although I don't know if they would make it clear that she is pregnant when the trilogy ends.

Either way, I really think they’re going to keep the door open for future saga films, and since they’ve said that the saga films are about the Skywalkers, I think that means that either Kylo has to survive or Rey has to be pregnant by the end of the trilogy.  And, because this is a Disney film, my guess is that they will be married before any babies are born.
@Kyla Ren

I think it would be cool for IX to have an ending similar to that of Anakin and Padmé in Attack of the Clones, with them getting married. Laughing
@Moonlight13

I would like for them to get married by the end of the trilogy, but if they don't, I think the movie will probably make it clear that that's the direction they're heading in.  But I would really like to see a Reylo wedding. Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 26 Jun 2017, 4:10 am

I think that showing a family with small children as central to the plot would be a fresh take, especially if the father was super involved with kids. The biggest fear that some fans have for Rey is that she would abandon her career as a Jedi (not that she picked one already) or something to be a stay-at-home-mom (as if that's bad...many women want to dedicate themselves to their kids that way and don't feel cheated of anything). 

So that brings me to a problem with Rey - there are just too many cooks who "know" what isn't for her. Everyone seems to be a protector of her agency:

Rey cannot be Luke's cause she would be defined by a man (Luke was Vader's and hasn't become Luke Vadersson)

Rey cannot redeem Kylo cause she would be a Fixer (Luke redeemed his father and nobody said he was a Fixer)

Rey must be a Skywalker otherwise she would be just a Fixer (in classic fairytales, unrelated hero is dispatched to save King and Queen's Princess and nobody ever says he's just a Fixer for that family)

Rey can't fall in love cause that makes her LI the focus of the story (in classic fairytales, no one ever says that hero falling in love suddenly switches the focus from him to the Princess)

She must be perfect in every way but also relatable (which is a conundrum). So she should show vulnerability amid perfectness but fandom can't agree on what's the most appropriate vulnerability situation. Cause, you know, she could lose her agency.  Rolling Eyes

Etc

Obviously, her gender creates double standard that some fans think is "protecting one's agency". 

On top of that, writers (both male and female) still don't know/care how to write compelling female characters in predominantly male genre. So fans having a ready list with check boxes makes their writing "easier". If you don't want to ruffle feathers, you check the boxes and write other characters (male, duh) as compelling, flawed, relatable, fascinating, etc. In short, heroine = Message, male character = real character. 

Hopefully LF shuts out those voices and just writes a compelling character. Unattainable role models are actually much more damaging once children realize they'll never live up to them (hello inferiority complex).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Mon 26 Jun 2017, 8:45 am

If KK said there will be an optimistic ending, then no way will Han and Leia's only son die or not be redeemed. No way.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 26 Jun 2017, 9:20 am

I honestly don't see any weddings for any characters taking place in the ST. I'm curious whether there will be a time jump between TLJ and Episode IX though. The last two trilogies ended with the main protagonist being 23 years old so I'm curious if Rey will be 23 when the ST ends.

I think whatever ending we get will be open-ended when it comes to the characters' futures.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 26 Jun 2017, 9:25 am

Birdwoman wrote:I feel the kids will be later on.  It will either be told in books, another trilogy or a spin off.  I feel these two will have more adventures before they have children.
@Birdwoman

Also, they're not gonna show 19-20 year old Rey knocked up or married. Unless there's a time jump at the end of 9, marriage/kids won't be depicted now. 
Falling in love, yes. Mild make out session after Ben's redemption? I'm praying, haha. Settling down with the guy who was just mass murdering people (even if we find out that it was for the "greater good")? Nah. 
But then again, damn. Maybe Trevorrow knows how to make things move Laughing
I just hope these characters are revisited after the ST.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 26 Jun 2017, 9:32 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:I feel the kids will be later on.  It will either be told in books, another trilogy or a spin off.  I feel these two will have more adventures before they have children.
@Birdwoman

Also, they're not gonna show 19-20 year old Rey knocked up or married. Unless there's a time jump at the end of 9, marriage/kids won't be depicted now. 
Falling in love, yes. Mild make out session after Ben's redemption? I'm praying, haha. Settling down with the guy who was just mass murdering people (even if we find out that it was for the "greater good")? Nah. 
@Cowgirlsamurai

Same. I'm probably the biggest proponent of a happy ending, but I've never seen a wedding or let alone children be involved with it. They don't have to be. I can think of a gazillion classic fairy tales that involve only a single kiss at the very end of the story, proving these things are not needed to show these two will find the belonging they've never had in each other.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 26 Jun 2017, 9:49 am

Kessel wrote:I honestly don't see any weddings for any characters taking place in the ST.
@Kessel

Everyone's gonna be a bridesmaid at FinnRose wedding.
cheers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 26 Jun 2017, 11:30 am

IoJovi wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Birdwoman

@Cowgirlsamurai

Same.  I'm probably the biggest proponent of a happy ending, but I've never seen a wedding or let alone children be involved with it.  They don't have to be.  I can think of a gazillion classic fairy tales that involve only a single kiss at the very end of the story, proving these things are not needed to show these two will find the belonging they've never had in each other.  
@IoJovi
 It really depends on what happens in TLJ. If "no, I am your daddy" surprise kiss happens toward the very end of TLJ, that increases the likelihood of "settling down" (also depends on your definition of settling down because that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have adventures or issues to work on together, just that they're making a commitment to each other) because it shows the feelings are solidly mutual, even if they're confusing. If it's all UST then greater likelihood is we get a kiss or riding off into the great unknown together at the end of IX.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 26 Jun 2017, 11:38 am

vaderito wrote:
Kessel wrote:I honestly don't see any weddings for any characters taking place in the ST.
@Kessel

Everyone's gonna be a bridesmaid at FinnRose wedding.
cheers
@vaderito

Well, maybe that Wink

I think if there's a time gap, it makes determining what will happen difficult, but interesting since a lot can change.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Mon 26 Jun 2017, 12:04 pm

Adding to my headcanon of a time jump, also want them to show Kylo talking to their little child on the MF and telling him/her "Your mother is the better pilot out of the two of us, don't tell her I said that" Surprised

I think
Mockingjay spoiler:

If they would have Rey be pregnant in her early 20s it may be because Kylo dies sacrificing himself, and I don't think they will kill him off.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Mon 26 Jun 2017, 12:57 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:Adding to my headcanon of a time jump, also want them to show Kylo talking to their little child on the MF and telling him/her "Your mother is the better pilot out of the two of us, don't tell her I said that" Surprised

I think
Mockingjay spoiler:

If they would have Rey be pregnant in her early 20s it may be because Kylo dies sacrificing himself, and I don't think they will kill him off.
@ReyofLightSide

Re: Hunger Games - was just coming here to mention that!

I don't know if Hunger Games counts as a fairy tale. But

Mockingjay spoiler:
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 26 Jun 2017, 1:05 pm

adamdrivershair wrote:
ReyofLightSide wrote:Adding to my headcanon of a time jump, also want them to show Kylo talking to their little child on the MF and telling him/her "Your mother is the better pilot out of the two of us, don't tell her I said that" Surprised

I think
Mockingjay spoiler:

@ReyofLightSide

Re: Hunger Games - was just coming here to mention that!

I don't know if Hunger Games counts as a fairy tale. But

Mockingjay spoiler:
@adamdrivershair

[size=38]
Also similar to Katniss...:
[/size]

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 26 Jun 2017, 5:13 pm

vaderito wrote:I think that showing a family with small children as central to the plot would be a fresh take, especially if the father was super involved with kids. The biggest fear that some fans have for Rey is that she would abandon her career as a Jedi (not that she picked one already) or something to be a stay-at-home-mom (as if that's bad...many women want to dedicate themselves to their kids that way and don't feel cheated of anything). 

So that brings me to a problem with Rey - there are just too many cooks who "know" what isn't for her. Everyone seems to be a protector of her agency:

Rey cannot be Luke's cause she would be defined by a man (Luke was Vader's and hasn't become Luke Vadersson)

Rey cannot redeem Kylo cause she would be a Fixer (Luke redeemed his father and nobody said he was a Fixer)

Rey must be a Skywalker otherwise she would be just a Fixer (in classic fairytales, unrelated hero is dispatched to save King and Queen's Princess and nobody ever says he's just a Fixer for that family)

Rey can't fall in love cause that makes her LI the focus of the story (in classic fairytales, no one ever says that hero falling in love suddenly switches the focus from him to the Princess)

She must be perfect in every way but also relatable (which is a conundrum). So she should show vulnerability amid perfectness but fandom can't agree on what's the most appropriate vulnerability situation. Cause, you know, she could lose her agency.  Rolling Eyes

Etc

Obviously, her gender creates double standard that some fans think is "protecting one's agency". 

On top of that, writers (both male and female) still don't know/care how to write compelling female characters in predominantly male genre. So fans having a ready list with check boxes makes their writing "easier". If you don't want to ruffle feathers, you check the boxes and write other characters (male, duh) as compelling, flawed, relatable, fascinating, etc. In short, heroine = Message, male character = real character. 

Hopefully LF shuts out those voices and just writes a compelling character. Unattainable role models are actually much more damaging once children realize they'll never live up to them (hello inferiority complex).

@vaderito

Completely agree with all of that. This my hope too. I think that Rey is already an interesting and compelling character in TFA. Honestly I don't get why some people would find it ruining fir such astrong female character to end up happily married  and with children.

I can't imagine neither Rey nor Kylo choosing the Force over their happiness by the end of the trilogy especially in regard to what happened to all their relatives:
- Anakin and Padme were constantly apart because Anakin was meant to be a great Jedi always on the battlefield and Padme a great politician always writing her bills in the Senate. The scene in the Clone Wars where they "argue" because Anakin would like to spend some vacation with her away from Coruscant but she refuses because she must write a bill is so telling. At this moment, Anakin tells her that to him ideals aren't that important in regard to love
- Obi-Wan and Satine (providing that Rey is a Kenobi) had to renounce to be together because of ideals and ended up definitely separated because of their involvement in that f****ing war
- Han and Leia were also constantly apart, having apparently no family time because they were both so busy with their careers and rebuilding the Republic. We know from the novel Bloodline that they intended to travel together with the MF but this never happened always for the same reasons
- Luke dedicated his life building an order and ended with nothing left when it was destroyed
I think that Anakin's words are actually wiser than they seem at a first sight. Of course, it is important to get involve in some good cause but achieving personal balance is also very important.

Something tell me that if Rey and Kylo are given the opportunity to choose between their career and a happy family life, they would rather chose the second option because both know all about childhood lonelines. A lot of articles focus on Rey getting trained by Luke but like he was by Obi-Wan and Yoda. However, situations are very different. Luke decided to become on his own to follow his father's footsteps and claimed to be a Jedi like his father at the end of ROTJ. But what about Rey's motivations? She has no personal motivations to become a Jedi and I don't think that discovering her lineage would change that much. Her only personal motivation until now is to find where she belongs and maybe that getting it would require to knows more than she does about the Force.

Daisy herself said that she doesn't know if Rey is a Jedi and I find her reaction to Rey's getting married so interesting in this regard. I mean, she could have answered "You know, Rey is meant to become a Jedi". And yet, Daisy answered straight that she thinks that "Luke would give her away" so doesn't reject the idea of marriage for Rey although she could have easily answered that Rey has something greater to achieve than becoming a married woman. This is no evidence but IMO it says something through.

What would be inadequate in my opinion would be to show Rey raising her children alone while Ben would focus on his career. But if the two of them end up raising their children in peace like normal people,seriously what's the deal with Reylo Question After all, it does'nt seem like Ben intended to become a Jedi at a first place since he didn't take the decision to be sent away to Luke's academy. Plus let's keep in mind that Adam repeatedly describes him as someone longing for somewhere to belong with.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 26 Jun 2017, 6:33 pm

I think neither of them will be Jedi and they will choose to live normal lives. When they defeat Snoke they will  bring balance to the force and Luke will be "the last Jedi". Smile
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 27 Jun 2017, 8:16 am

Thanks for starting this thread! Let´s see who gets it right when this trilogy is over.

I would love for episode IX to end with a great Reylo kiss or romantic scene aboard the Millennium Falcon while they fly away together into the moonlight.. That´s my wish! I love you Smile Love
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 2:56 pm

I do think they're going to end up together. But I actually had a dream about this, where Kylo Ren had died as a martyr, and Luke and Rey were having a conversation and he said, "That's the last of the Skywalker line." In the dream, Rey said, "No, it's not," and touched her stomach.

I don't actually think that'll happen - I do think they'll have at least a brief chance to be happy if not a HEA, but I believe Reylo is in the cards. It's too strong a dynamic to not carry on the Skywalker legacy, and they're practically shoving Kylo's redemption down the throats of Tomorrowland visitors in Disneyland. The dude's getting redeemed, and I am all for it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 27 Jun 2017, 7:30 pm

RandomObserver wrote:I do think they're going to end up together. But I actually had a dream about this, where Kylo Ren had died as a martyr, and Luke and Rey were having a conversation and he said, "That's the last of the Skywalker line." In the dream, Rey said, "No, it's not," and touched her stomach.

I don't actually think that'll happen - I do think they'll have at least a brief chance to be happy if not a HEA, but I believe Reylo is in the cards. It's too strong a dynamic to not carry on the Skywalker legacy, and they're practically shoving Kylo's redemption down the throats of Tomorrowland visitors in Disneyland. The dude's getting redeemed, and I am all for it. Smile

@RandomObserver

I actually think that could happen.  A friend of mine had a very similar idea, except that he thought it would be a scene with Leia and Rey after Kylo died.  Although, he had that idea before Carrie passed away, so unless they recast the role of Leia, that won't happen.

This brings up something I've been wondering about that might have already been discussed, although I might have missed it:  I used to think it likely that Kylo would not survive the trilogy, that they would have him die by sacrificing himself for Rey or the galaxy or something like that, but now that Carrie has passed, unless they recast the role of Leia, I think Kylo has a much better chance of surviving.  I mean, would they really have Han, Leia, and Kylo all dead by the end of the trilogy?  That would be both tragic and depressing. Sad  I'm just wondering if originally they had intended for him to die in Episode IX or if they were still undecided about his fate, would they have changed their minds as a result of Carrie's passing?  And does he not only have a better chance of surviving, but of maybe even having a happy ending?
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 27 Jun 2017, 7:42 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:I do think they're going to end up together. But I actually had a dream about this, where Kylo Ren had died as a martyr, and Luke and Rey were having a conversation and he said, "That's the last of the Skywalker line." In the dream, Rey said, "No, it's not," and touched her stomach.

@RandomObserver

I actually think that could happen.  A friend of mine had a very similar idea, except that he thought it would be a scene with Leia and Rey after Kylo died.  Although, he had that idea before Carrie passed away, so unless they recast the role of Leia, that won't happen.

This brings up something I've been wondering about that might have already been discussed, although I might have missed it:  I used to think it likely that Kylo would not survive the trilogy, that they would have him die by sacrificing himself for Rey or the galaxy or something like that, but now that Carrie has passed, unless they recast the role of Leia, I think Kylo has a much better chance of surviving.  I mean, would they really have Han, Leia, and Kylo all dead by the end of the trilogy?  That would be both tragic and depressing. Sad  I'm just wondering if originally they had intended for him to die in Episode IX or if they were still undecided about his fate, would they have changed their minds as a result of Carrie's passing?  And does he not only have a better chance of surviving, but of maybe even having a happy ending?
@Kyla Ren

I absolutely think Kylo's chances of surviving increased by 100% with Carrie's passing.  If he dies, the trilogy ends with the entire Solo family dead and gone - in a franchise that's based solely on hope and redemption, that doesn't mesh at all.   Even without the potential death of Leia (I say potential because I still think a recast is on the table), I can't see the only Skywalker child dying at the end, unless Rey is pregnant.  The chances of that last part in an overarching story that had never had a single sex scene out of wedlock are next to nil.  

Ben Solo will live, guaranteed.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 27 Jun 2017, 8:03 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:

@RandomObserver

@Kyla Ren

I absolutely think Kylo's chances of surviving increased by 100% with Carrie's passing.  If he dies, the trilogy ends with the entire Solo family dead and gone - in a franchise that's based solely on hope and redemption, that doesn't mesh at all.   Even without the potential death of Leia (I say potential because I still think a recast is on the table), I can't see the only Skywalker child dying at the end, unless Rey is pregnant.  The chances of that last part in an overarching story that had never had a single sex scene out of wedlock are next to nil.  

@IoJovi

The only way that they end IX with Rey pregnant is if there's a big time jump at some point after she and Kylo have become a couple. And I think that's highly unlikely, given the likely slow-burn nature of Reylo.

A) All of the rumored "ending" spoiler/leaks so far seem to point towards some sort of showdown with Snoke and a cliffhanger at the end of TLJ. If even one of these is somewhat true, that makes a big time jump between TLJ and IX unlikely.
B) If TLJ ends with Rey and Kylo escaping the Snoke battle together (as was alluded to with one reddit rumor) , they could do a time jump that moves their relationship forward significantly, but I can't imagine LF passing up the chance to show a first kiss, declaration of feelings, or a Reylo wedding on film, if any of those were to happen.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 27 Jun 2017, 10:09 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:

@RandomObserver

@Kyla Ren

@IoJovi

I agree.  Since this is Star Wars/Disney there is almost no chance that Rey will be pregnant unless they get married first.  I guess it's possible that we could see a Reylo wedding before the end of Episode IX, but they would probably have to have some kind of time jump for that to happen.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 27 Jun 2017, 10:29 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:

@RandomObserver

@Kyla Ren

@IoJovi

The only way that they end IX with Rey pregnant is if there's a big time jump at some point after she and Kylo have become a couple. And I think that's highly unlikely, given the likely slow-burn nature of Reylo.

A) All of the rumored "ending" spoiler/leaks so far seem to point towards some sort of showdown with Snoke and a cliffhanger at the end of TLJ. If even one of these is somewhat true, that makes a big time jump between TLJ and IX unlikely.
B) If TLJ ends with Rey and Kylo escaping the Snoke battle together (as was alluded to with one reddit rumor) , they could do a time jump that moves their relationship forward significantly, but I can't imagine LF passing up the chance to show a first kiss, declaration of feelings, or a Reylo wedding on film, if any of those were to happen.
@ISeeAnIsland

I tend to agree, and if they aren't married and/or Rey isn't pregnant by the end of Episode IX then I think it will probably be very clearly indicated that the two of them are headed in that direction.  I just wish we didn't have to wait like two years between movies.  I wish they had just filmed everything all at once like they did with Lord of the Rings.  I think I could handle a year between movies much better. Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 27 Jun 2017, 10:52 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:

@RandomObserver

@Kyla Ren

@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

I tend to agree, and if they aren't married and/or Rey isn't pregnant by the end of Episode IX then I think it will probably be very clearly indicated that the two of them are headed in that direction.  I just wish we didn't have to wait like two years between movies.  I wish they had just filmed everything all at once like they did with Lord of the Rings.  I think I could handle a year between movies much better. Laughing
@Kyla Ren

LotR was only able to do that because Peter Jackson was in charge of the whole thing. Maybe that would have been an option if KK had handed the franchise keys over to JJ or Rian for the entire ST.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 27 Jun 2017, 11:01 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:

@RandomObserver

@Kyla Ren

@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

@Kyla Ren

LotR was only able to do that because Peter Jackson was in charge of the whole thing.  Maybe that would have been an option if KK had handed the franchise keys over to JJ or Rian for the entire ST.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yes, I think that's true.  I just wish we didn't have to wait so long between movies.  And even if the whole Plotgate thing was nonsense and they do have all the major plot points planned out for the trilogy, I guess the idea of having one director is kind of appealing.  I think I would feel better about the continuity and all the "mystery boxes" being answered.  And, of course, I think it might be better for the Reylo outcome.  But who knows.  Maybe three directors will work out just fine.  I just get nervous sometimes, and having to wait so long between movies doesn't help. Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Wed 28 Jun 2017, 7:00 am

vaderito wrote:I think that showing a family with small children as central to the plot would be a fresh take, especially if the father was super involved with kids. The biggest fear that some fans have for Rey is that she would abandon her career as a Jedi (not that she picked one already) or something to be a stay-at-home-mom (as if that's bad...many women want to dedicate themselves to their kids that way and don't feel cheated of anything). 

Etc

@vaderito

Great post. You know what would be the most liberating thing they could do? Have her fall in love with Kylo Ren without his redemption. That would be a challenge to the audience.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 28 Jun 2017, 12:21 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:

@RandomObserver

@Kyla Ren

Before Carrie's death I had a feeling that the ending for Kylo and Leia was planned to be something like Kylo going into exile with Leia, Leia choosing her family instead of political duties. I though that they wanted to do it that way, to answer the question what would happened to Vader if he had survived.  There are many possibilites with it. He could be killed by the rebels, jailed or go into exile with Luke. And there we have Kylo as the one who is probably going to be redeemed. Being killled by the "good" guys after he become good again doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie (too dark and depressing), happy ever after (fully accepted by the "good" guys, enjoying big party on Endor with ewoks Laughing ) is unbelivably after TFA. Actually, acceptance from the main characters like Rey, Luke, Leia, Poe and Finn is possible, especially if the Reddit rumor (Snoke's ship crashing and all that stuff from there) is true. But it's difficult to say the same about the rest of the Galaxy. So what about jail or exile. For me Star Wars was always a fairytale, fantasy in space. So exile works better than jail, I think.

I went off topic there. What is this thread about? How could romantic Reylo happen? I still don't think that romantic Reylo is the endgame. Ok, end of spreading the defeatism there, in this thread. Twisted Evil So, assume that romantic Reylo is happening. Reylo kids in this trilogy? No, I don't think so. Too quick, too soon. I think that the Han and Leia ending with a kiss or Jyn and Cassian's looking at the sunset together are more possible (I saw Jyn and Cassian's potential for romance if they would survive. And I'm not romance entusiast. And many fanboys saw it, not only me.) We have only 2 more movies, around 2h each. And we have no indication that there will be some big time jumps. There will be some, I think, but it would be unsatisfying if the development would not be shown on screen. So I think that there is no time for Reylo kids. They would be the main characters in the next trilogy if there will be one. I have a theory that the way Star Wars trilogies are made is shown by the Lucas numbers. Laughing So first is 2nd trilogy, next is 1st, then 3rd and at the end 4th. Next Lucas number is 7 so there would be no more trilogies. Or it could be about generation of Skywalkers, then it could work. Laughing

@RandomObserver I also had a Star Wars dream. Some time ago I had a dream that Kylo survived the trilogy but Rey died. That would be a twist but it is not gonna happen. It would be strange for Star Wars movie. Star Wars is an optimistic story.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next