Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TLJ ending scene?

+15
DarthRen
PalmettoBlue
Lily Snape
SanghaRen
Airemyn
LesCousinsDangereux
TheLastJedi
nite0wl29
EchoBase
Tex
Cowgirlsamurai
LadyHa
vaderito
FrolickingFizzgig
reylo1992
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TLJ ending scene? Empty TLJ ending scene?

Post by reylo1992 Wed 08 Nov 2017, 11:49 am

What do you expect/want to see in the TLJ ending scene Question
TLJ ending scene? Captur58
TLJ ending scene? Captur59
TLJ ending scene? Captur60
What kind of ending shall we get: happy, dramatic, epic, bittersweet, romantic, etc... Question
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

TLJ ending scene? Empty Re: TLJ ending scene?

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 08 Nov 2017, 12:05 pm

Kylo returns to Ahch-To and Rey follows him. She arrives in time to see him burning the Force tree and the Jedi library, symbolically destroying whatever chaotic destiny they were meant to fulfill. As the tree is burning Kylo reaches out to Rey. She accepts his hand and they watch the tree--and the oppression of history--burn away.

Not going to happen but I would love this!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 08 Nov 2017, 12:11 pm

Good thread.

So if they want some connection than TLJ would have to end with an act of intimacy (hug or kiss). ANH/PT/TFA had people standing but not touching. AOTC/ESB have people touching (kiss/holding hands, hug). So yeah. I mean, my dream is Rey accepting Kylo's hand but that likely won't be the last scene.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa Wed 08 Nov 2017, 12:40 pm

Hmm, well to compare to Rian's other films I've seen...

Spoiler:
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 08 Nov 2017, 12:52 pm

Funny how C3PO and R2 are present in both Attack of the Clones and Empire's ending shots (Actually, they're only NOT present in TFA and ROTS final shots) Movie 2 of the ST should have them in it as well I guess Razz

Rey and Kylo return to the Resistance together holding hands or leaning on each other? Shocked
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 08 Nov 2017, 1:34 pm

Here's my theory for the ending shots:

Maybe it will be the reverse shots of the PT? In ROTS, the last film of the PT has a long shot, with two people on a desert planet. They stand in unison facing the world and one of them holds a baby that will represent "a new hope" for the future. In TFA, it has a long shot of two people on a water planet. They stand at odds facing each other. One of them holds a lightsaber symbolizing the trials/sins of the past. It's an ominous object that holds weight due to it's connection to Anakin and Luke.  

So if we follow this logic let's look at AOTC. In the final shot we have a young couple getting married in secret at a romantic lake side vista. I think the key thing to take away here is that it's a secret ceremony no one knows about. So maybe in TLJ we'll have two young people, possibly a young romantically involved couple, who are separated because of their love/compassion for one another. Something or someone or maybe even multiple someones find out what's going on and actively work to separate them.

Then we have TPM's final shot. It's a large public celebration/peace ceremony . A very young Anakin is seen dressed as a Jedi, the young Queen Amidala has proven herself in the political ring by saving her people. Boss Nass holds up a sphere, a symbol of peace and unison between two large groups/races. Perhaps for episode IX we'll see a small, private celebration/ceremony. With maybe only two or three people. Instead of seeing two people who are just starting out on a new path in life, as Anakin and Padme are, we'll see two people who are at the end of the path they were on and who are now putting it behind them. And instead of a symbol of peace and unison between two large groups of peoples, we'll see a union of two people.

That's my theory Lolilol
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 08 Nov 2017, 1:45 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Funny how C3PO and R2 are present in both Attack of the Clones and Empire's ending shots (Actually, they're only NOT present in TFA and ROTS final shots) Movie 2 of the ST should have them in it as well I guess Razz

Rey and Kylo return to the Resistance together holding hands or leaning on each other? Shocked
@Cowgirlsamurai

TLJ ending scene? Maxresdefault
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 08 Nov 2017, 2:00 pm

vaderito wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Funny how C3PO and R2 are present in both Attack of the Clones and Empire's ending shots (Actually, they're only NOT present in TFA and ROTS final shots) Movie 2 of the ST should have them in it as well I guess Razz

@Cowgirlsamurai

@vaderito

Yes, I see it! The ending should have a bit of a dark feel, even with the epic team-up. Maybe one of them is injured (Rey? and Kylo has no choice but to deliver her to the Resistance?)
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 08 Nov 2017, 2:05 pm

vaderito wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@vaderito

As long as they don't play "get help" Laughing
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Wed 08 Nov 2017, 2:10 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
vaderito wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@vaderito

Yes, I see it! The ending should have a bit of a dark feel, even with the epic team-up. Maybe one of them is injured (Rey? and Kylo has no choice but to deliver her to the Resistance?)
@Cowgirlsamurai

Their ship lands on the Resistance base and out walks Kylo, bridal carrying an injured Rey over the thresh hold of the medical bay(he refuses to let go of her and insists that he takes her there himself). Sounds romantic and heroic right?? Wink

TLJ ending scene? 54faef10
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastJedi Wed 08 Nov 2017, 2:16 pm

I would be happy with an intense look from Kylo to Rey and the opposite like they realise something Sad
TheLastJedi
TheLastJedi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Wed 08 Nov 2017, 2:20 pm

I have no idea how this will end. I know the hand is not last scene, it is not a cliffhanger, and she takes his hand. What happens next, no clue ...

So with only how the previous films ended to go by, I would like something like this:

TLJ ending scene? Esb_ed10
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn Wed 08 Nov 2017, 2:22 pm

Marc Sessler got it right. Wink
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 08 Nov 2017, 2:51 pm

Since I expect a happy ending for the conclusion of the ST (Reylo wedding  Jumping  ), I rather go for dramatic ending  a la ROTS for TLJ with a little ray of hope in the very last shots. After all, TLJ is the middle movie of the ST like ESB was the middle movie of the OT and ROTS the middle movie of the saga.

As I personally believe neither in Dark! /Dead Luke nor Dark!/(near-)death Rey, I tend to think that Kylo will be the one to go down whatever his fate is. I think that his fate will imply some sacrifice but with more disastrous consequences for the galaxy than Han's. So I imagine a ending scene  in several stages like in ROTS, more precisely with two bittersweet family reunions:
- 1st stage: Skywalker twins "mourns" together the loss of Ben
TLJ ending scene? Star-w13
Anakin's Force Ghost joins them. Leia gets angry at her father and Luke. Anakin tells them that there is still one last hope to save Ben
- 2nd stage: Meanwhile, Rey has not only got the confirmation during the movie that  her parents (belonging behind) will never come back for her but she's just lost Ben whom with she had begun to fall in love (belonging ahead). With no goal in her life now, she decides to go back  home to Jakku since it was her original intention. As she enters her home, she discovers her flower faded and contemplates the wall where she put a mark every single day.
TLJ ending scene? Captu181
As she looks more distressed than ever, she feels a presence in her home. A man appears. Rey point her staff angrily at him. She asks him who he is and what he wants. The man introduces himself as Obi-Wan Kenobi, her grandfather (providing that Rey is indeed a Kenobi). TLJ would ends with a shot of both of them facing each other.

That would be my ideal ending. Sounds dramatic I know but oh well I would prefer that things turn dramatic in TLJ to enjoy even more the happy ending in Episode 9 Wink And I would love to see Force Ghosts Anakin and Obi-Wan finally showing up at the most desperate hour to come to the rescue of their families.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 08 Nov 2017, 3:25 pm

For all we know, Rey and/or Kylo might not even be in the ending scene. It could end with a meeting between Snoke and Luke and Snoke saying “Finally you’ve come back” leaving everyone to wonder if they’re working together.

To be honest I find the ESB ending scene a bit cheesy. It looks like a poster added to reassure the fans after the shock of Carbonite Han. For that time it was part of the kitschiness, I guess, and I didn’t mind, but I am more demanding now and would expect something a bit more in tune with the supposed darker tone. Imagine an ending with porgs dancing around a campfire... Right, that’s for IX Very Happy

In the end, we really don’t know much about the actual story so guessing the ending is like mission close to impossible.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 08 Nov 2017, 3:43 pm

nite0wl29 wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
vaderito wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@vaderito

@Cowgirlsamurai

Their ship lands on the Resistance base and out walks Kylo, bridal carrying an injured Rey over the thresh hold of the medical bay(he refuses to let go of her and insists that he takes her there himself). Sounds romantic and heroic right?? Wink

TLJ ending scene? 54faef10
@nite0wl29

Yep! Reminds me a lot of Obi bridal-carrying Padme to the medical bay Very Happy
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Wed 08 Nov 2017, 4:27 pm

I think the film will end like ESB with someone we care about in peril-- and it's either going to be Kylo or Rey.  Or both.  

Kylo will do something reckless because...Kylo.  Smile Maybe Rey gets captured by Snoke and he goes to the Resistance to get help and a ship and they think it's a trap, and the last scene is him being taken captive even as Rey is being carted off against her will simultaneously, thus removing probably the only person who could free her from Snoke and leaving her fate very much in question.  That said, I would love for the last scene to be Kylo falling to his knees, head bowed, in front of Leia.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Wed 08 Nov 2017, 4:49 pm

Hummmm....

Is this what we’d like to see or what we think we will see?

I’d like to see Ben (still dressed as Kylo, probably) carrying Rey to a Resistance med-bay (assuming she’s hurt), bending over her gurney, promising not to leave her.

Leia enters and just says: Ben.

He looks up, sees her face, and END.
The last shot is his face as he sees his mother for the first time in the better part of a decade.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 08 Nov 2017, 5:00 pm

Given what Adam Driver about "living and if Kylo dies or not" and Andy Serkis have told us "Snoke has plans for Kylo". He might try to use Rey but if anyone has to or will sacrifice himelf, it's Kylo, not Luke. They will not let another OT character making a sacrifice. It has to be dramatic, emotional and it will involve Kylo, Rey, Snoke and Luke. Force plot is the most important part and most advertised.

Kylo making this choice would resemble Han's sacrifice. After all, Kylo is supposed to wrestle with the guilt that he murdered his father and what is the better to show he's regretting it than helping our heroes and making a sacrifice with the possibility of coming back. It would mirror ESB but also be unique because with Leia not in Episode IX, Kylo's fate in the air and Luke would be the only Skywalker. Just after Kylo makes his choice to break from Snoke and FO, he'll sacrifice himself. This would make people not only sympathethic but also allows to play with what to do with him next because Kylo is the Skywalker who is supposed to continue the line. Unless Luke has his kids somewhere. Also it would eliminate Vader ending.

If anyone's fate will be up in the air, it will be Kylo. Thematically and from the narrative point of view he fits the best. Then Rey would be another option coming with Snoke. Luke will not be in that position, because he already got one cliffhanger ending, and this trilogy is not about him.

Last edited by DarthRen on Wed 08 Nov 2017, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Wed 08 Nov 2017, 6:26 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:Hummmm....

Is this what we’d like to see or what we think we will see?

I’d like to see Ben (still dressed as Kylo, probably) carrying Rey to a Resistance med-bay (assuming she’s hurt), bending over her gurney, promising not to leave her.

Leia enters and just says: Ben.

He looks up, sees her face, and END.
The last shot is his face as he sees his mother for the first time in the better part of a decade.
@PalmettoBlue

Much and all as I'd love to see a mother-son reunion (as must be obvious from my post-- that's my dream ending scene), I think @DarthRen is more likely to be correct:  Kylo will be the one in peril, and it will come from sacrificing himself for something good.  He has to turn before the end of this film (or I'll eat my hat).  Smile And his fate will therefore be the cliffhanger, because his turn will have consequences for him.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if the fate of Rey is also up in the air, if his effort to save her fails.  He's struck down, she is abducted... Someone has to be in peril, and if Rey is in the Resistance Med bay, we know she's going to be OK, as Finn and Luke were.  And if Kylo is with the Resistance, he is with the good guys who are reasonable and might forgive him.  Unfortunately it's probably too hopeful and not fraught enough for a second in the trilogy ending.  That doesn't stop me from liking your idea, though.  Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 08 Nov 2017, 6:34 pm

I guess I'll try to explain why I feel this scene could be part of a "concluding" sequence despite the popular opinion.

TLJ ending scene? Tumblr_oxl4mm3gOz1utyv0ho1_1280

I get the arguments that they would never reveal the money-shot in a trailer, but I don't see this as any money-shot. It's not like if they had shown Han getting stabbed in TFA's trailer, it's just a continuation of what we've already seen (Kylo offering Rey his help). Her reaction is way more important and by this point Kylo's "twist"/heel-face-turn will likely have already occurred. It's the aftermath, not the moment itself. That, and they needed a gut-punch that would deliver the idea of Rey and Kylo as more than enemies. They chose this sequence. It's both a big deal and not surprising at the same time, it says just enough without saying too much. It's not even "spoilery" in the context of TFA.

TLJ ending scene? DBJ1dLI

The above scene with Rey posing the "question" happens much earlier in the film, but cosmetically it's designed to fit in seamlessly with Kylo's "answer". Their eyelines match, the lighting is eerily similar, etc. The only thing that really gives away that they aren't the same scene is Rey's clothing. It's about the cinematography. We're supposed to connect these scenes in the same way we were supposed to connect the two interrogation scenes in TFA.

TLJ ending scene? 3G0UKbs

The slow-motion embers and blurring of everything but Kylo's face and hand give the sequence a dream-like quality. The world is melting away all around Kylo, his hand being the only thing that that is clear. Kylo is trembling, simultaneously hopeful and terrified of rejection. He is portraying that fear, not reacting angrily about it. He is serene, but vulnerable. This is not the same character we're meeting at the beginning of the movie. Something about him has fundamentally changed, and it's a big enough change that I think it's going to take the whole movie to get him here.

TLJ ending scene? Woalblz

In writing the above is what you call a "bookend". The first scene has a thematic connection with the final scene, like two bookends holding together the contents of a shelf. At the beginning of the film Rey hands her lightsaber to Luke and tells him she needs help controlling her newly awakened powers, later Kylo reaches out to her, providing her with an answer. They are most powerful when contrasted directly at the beginning and directly at the end.

Obviously I could be completely wrong, but this is my perspective on it. Smile
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 08 Nov 2017, 7:38 pm

Kylo comes back to the light and helps out Rey 
As Rey and Kylo about to leave, Snoke says he knows where her family is
Rey is intrigued...torn- Snoke is evil but he knows what she has always wanted
She decides to go
Kylo is like WTF?
Rey goes off with Snoke, hesistant 
Not sure if kylo goes with her...but one ending could be both Finn and Kylo are shocked by what Rey is doing, setting up a Finn/Kylo alliance for epi 9

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Wed 08 Nov 2017, 9:03 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Kylo returns to Ahch-To and Rey follows him. She arrives in time to see him burning the Force tree and the Jedi library, symbolically destroying whatever chaotic destiny they were meant to fulfill. As the tree is burning Kylo reaches out to Rey. She accepts his hand and they watch the tree--and the oppression of history--burn away.

Not going to happen but I would love this!
@FrolickingFizzgig

Awesome. Close thread.

But can we get a Greek chorus shouting at him not to do it?

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 08 Nov 2017, 10:21 pm

vaderito wrote:Good thread.

So if they want some connection than TLJ would have to end with an act of intimacy (hug or kiss). ANH/PT/TFA had people standing but not touching. AOTC/ESB have people touching (kiss/holding hands, hug). So yeah. I mean, my dream is Rey accepting Kylo's hand but that likely won't be the last scene.
@vaderito

I agree @vaderito! great thread @reylo1992!

Oh I just hope we are left with soemthing that isn't going to be torturous to discuss the next two years. gah! That makes me a little nervous! I don't know how anyone could have discussed TFA for 2 years, with JJ's mystery box!!

My understanding (and i could be wrong) is RJ has said:
there will not be a cliffhanger.
at the end we will know who to root for and who is on what side (or is that last bit something I imagined?)
we won't learn about Snoke's origins - only what we need to know for the story (ala the emperor in the OT)
and.. we won't be hearing lots about Luke between ROTJ and TFA - only what is needed for the story.
Anything else? or have I gotten anything wrong?

While we will not get a cliffhanger, I hope the ending is not too tragic or heartbreaking, I'd like to leave things on at least a hopeful note - even if it will end with the certainty that there are challenges ahead [and I'd say that's a given if it's the second movie of a trilogy]

@FrolickingFizzgig I love your idea too! Smile

I just really hope the movie doesn't end with Snoke inhabiting Kylo or Rey's body! Please no!!!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 09 Nov 2017, 7:46 am

Well, Kylo reaching out to Rey is a money shot in the sense that it got people buzz about it like crazy. However, in terms of spoilers, it isn't a spoiler cause we don't know the outcome. You can put a piece of a pivotal scene in the trailer without revealing how the scene ends and therefore spoil nothing. It's quite impossible to avoid those scenes and Rian's "no-fly" doesn't necessarily mean "we'll only show bit from inconsequential scenes" or "we won't show anything from the movie's finale." No, they may have shown stuff but without spoiling. Like, Exploding Hut bit is in the trailer but it doesn't show Kylo cause he's off screen in that particular frame. Therefore, it doesn't spoil all that much except that there's some confrontation between Rey and Luke.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next