Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rian's New Rules

+18
Irina de France
SanghaRen
Kylo Men
reylo1992
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
SkyStar
motherofpearl1
ISeeAnIsland
ReyofLightSide
Piper Maru
snufkin
Moonlight13
Helix
IoJovi
SoloSideCousin
22 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rian's New Rules - Page 2 Empty Re: Rian's New Rules

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:03 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ReyofLightSide wrote:I am pretty sure we are going to learn the story of Ben's fall. It could be told by Luke and that's nice, but if Rey is going back and really experiencing it all, and THEN she tells Kylo more or less, I know what happened to you. That will be a bigger dramatic payoff.

Obviously when Rey come out of the cave? tree? in the trailer, she has seen some crazy sith,
@ReyofLightSide

That is totally my headcanons dream for Rey to see his experience as firsthand as possible. I want her to see stuff Luke didn't see. This will be how she starts to bridge the family back together *and* how she will start to see Kylo in a new way.
@SoloSideCousin

What if she saw Ben as a kid but he didn't remember her clearly until the fight scene? It would explain the "it is you" line. Laughing
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:04 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
ReyofLightSide wrote:I am pretty sure we are going to learn the story of Ben's fall. It could be told by Luke and that's nice, but if Rey is going back and really experiencing it all, and THEN she tells Kylo more or less, I know what happened to you. That will be a bigger dramatic payoff.

Obviously when Rey come out of the cave? tree? in the trailer, she has seen some crazy sith,
@ReyofLightSide

That is totally my headcanons dream for Rey to see his experience as firsthand as possible. I want her to see stuff Luke didn't see. This will be how she starts to bridge the family back together *and* how she will start to see Kylo in a new way.
@SoloSideCousin

What if she saw Ben as a kid but he didn't remember her clearly until the fight scene? It would explain the "it is you" line. Laughing
@Moonlight13

OMG what if this IS true?! Shocked

Holy sith.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:07 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

@SoloSideCousin

@Moonlight13

So he says that in the book and not the movie BUT, after she catches the light saber it looks like he is going to start saying something but the camera cuts away. They may have filmed a version with him saying it. But it also explains "What girl??!"
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:08 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

@SoloSideCousin

@Moonlight13

OMG what if this IS true?!  Shocked

Holy sith.
@IoJovi

Can you imagine if it is true and someone from Lucasfilm is reading this? They must be like.. Sith! they figured it out!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:09 pm

snufkin wrote:
ReyofLightSide wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
snufkin wrote:Ha, well there are a lot of New Agey beliefs here about portals and whatnot. Like how Bigfoot is supposedly buddies with a group of ancient space aliens who travel to and from this plane from their secret space port that's at top of an ancient volcano. So just think of the Wardrobe as the portal between Narnia and England - except that it'd be the first Jedi Temple instead of a piece of furniture from Ikea.

If you watch the Simpsons, they make fun of the Mystery Spot by saying that it's either a gateway people use to travel outside of their bodies to another dimension. Or that it's just the fumes of the paint job that makes them hallucinate and get nauseous.

@snufkin

I just had another crazy thought. Remember how we were talking about how Snoke might be like a disgusting Roman emperor of old ... well there was a rumor someplace that Snoke was less Roman emperor and more like the evil, luxe dressed but gross power beings in Stargate.  Now I  doubt Rian will copy Stargate, but when you think about it, this portal idea is pretty common. It's not just in Stargate and Narnia, but also Harry Potter, LOTR (reviving dead soldiers), Raiders of the Lost Ark (spirits and Angel of Death coming through the Ark of the Covenant), freaking Poltergeist ... *and* there is precedence for now in New canon comics.
@SoloSideCousin

Not to mention the portals in the Thor movies...

Now I've got the goofy image of Chewie as Bigfoot kicking it with the Lemurians at the secret time and dimension warping space port at the top of Mt Shasta. But as long as it's not as goofy as Midichlorians, that could work for whatever's in the First Jedi Temple. It'd fit with the speculation here about how to open it, with either a LS and DS user and/or a specific crystal. Not to mention the Raiders references, including the first teaser shot of the island. Also with the debate about what is meant to go on with each other, likely she'd end up in a situation where her moral code/conscience dictate that she has to team up with him but still doesn't trust him/he's still very much dangerous and naughty in his uncle's words.

@snufkin

OMG!!!! The Raiders of the Lost Ark island!!!!! Yes!!!! Just like that Searcher shot with Luke! OMG, it's like Pandora's box (or something equally huge ... like an Ark or portal) is going to be opened on that island, and it's in that tree ... a tree a knowledge ... a symbol of the beginning of life ... and freaking Rey and Kylo will be like the keymaster and gatekeeper for it, lol.

I joke on the Ghostbusters, but that Raiders island shot is hardwired into the Western psyche. We expect mystical  things from such a shot, scary things too. Rian said Raiders was an influence. I am sure he admires LK. OMG, something is coming together here. Very Happy

@Moonlight13, last I looked the board had 14 guests viewing it. Who knows who they are? Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:20 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:OMG!!!! The Raiders of the Lost Ark island!!!!! Yes!!!! Just like that Searcher shot with Luke! OMG, it's like Pandora's box (or something equally huge ... like an Ark or portal) is going to be opened on that island, and it's in that tree ... a tree a knowledge ... a symbol of the beginning of life ... and freaking Rey and Kylo will be like the keymaster and gatekeeper for it, lol.

I hope, but that Raiders island shot is hardwired into the Western psyche. We expect mystical things from such a shot, scary things too. Rian said Raiders was an influence. I am sure he admires LK. OMG, something is coming together here.

I've always been far more of a Raiders fan than a SW, so anything that references it would make me really happy. I do think whatever it is on Ache-to, as with the map, it'll be a McGuffin. The most important thing will turn out again to be Rey, her powers/mysterious past, and relationship with Kylo/Ben. Or as somebody here (can't remember who), she's in the right place at the right time to prevent almost all of the potential tragedies which could've happened in TFA because it's the will of the Force.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:24 pm

If I recall, the last time that we speculated a bit about portals, it was partially sparked by a comic (I think it was a comic?) that @panki had read, but also by a couple of cryptic comments made in interviews... e.g. Harrison Ford giving a coy answer about whether Han was really dead, and someone from TPTB (I can't remember who) making a comment that "no one will be left behind" in the ST. (I think this might have been around the time that Breznican posted that because of something in the ST, there likely wouldn't be an Obi-wan spinoff until after IX.)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:29 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

@SoloSideCousin

@Moonlight13

So he says that in the book and not the movie BUT, after she catches the light saber it looks like he is going to start saying something but the camera cuts away. They may have filmed a version with him saying it. But it also explains "What girl??!"
@ReyofLightSide

I kind of think that the "It is you" was probably filmed. When people first asked Pablo about it, he hadn't remembered that it had been cut from the actual movie and was script/novelization only.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:29 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:Can you imagine if it is true and someone from Lucasfilm is reading this? They must be like.. Sith! they figured it out!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL
@Moonlight13

If this thread suddenly disappears we'll know why. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:30 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:If I recall, the last time that we speculated a bit about portals, it was partially sparked by a comic (I think it was a comic?) that @panki had read, but also by a couple of cryptic comments made in interviews... e.g. Harrison Ford giving a coy answer about whether Han was really dead, and someone from TPTB (I can't remember who) making a comment that "no one will be left behind" in the ST. (I think this might have been around the time that Breznican posted that because of something in the ST, there likely wouldn't be an Obi-wan spinoff until after IX.)
@ISeeAnIsland

I know that @panki and I talked about Han with these portals and the notion that we could potentially see all kinds of people coming through them.

I think it was CT talking about "no one being left behind" ... and if Obi-Wan has more work to do, then I think this will be a type of way we will see him in the ST.

I just keep thinking about that footage where Rey is supposed to be distressed and all these orbs are around her. Who are these orbs? That really seems like soul symbolism to me.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:33 pm

Let's also not forget that Safety Not Guaranteed also dealt with time travel and the urge to go back and change something that happened in the past in order to create a different outcome in the future.

It has those themes in common with Looper.

I'd kind of love an ending to IX where Rey and Ben head into some alternate reality together to get their Happily Ever After.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:36 pm

OK now I'm imagining that it's going to be like the play Steve Coogan's character in Hamlet 2 writes, where everybody is brought back from the dead by sexy Jesus, who time travels in a bitchin' van.

Rian's New Rules - Page 2 Hamlet2-2

Like I said, if they did something in that vein, fingers crossed it'd be like Raider and the Ark, not another plot point like Midichlorians.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:40 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Let's also not forget that Safety Not Guaranteed also dealt with time travel and the urge to go back and change something that happened in the past in order to create a different outcome in the future.

I'd kind of love an ending to IX where Rey and Ben head into some alternate reality together to get their Happily Ever After.
@ISeeAnIsland

You're right! Surprised
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:42 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Let's also not forget that Safety Not Guaranteed also dealt with time travel and the urge to go back and change something that happened in the past in order to create a different outcome in the future.

@ISeeAnIsland

You know it's funny that you mention that because lately I have started wanting Rey and Kylo to go off to explore the Unknown Regions together at the end of IX.  He could even be exiled there and she goes with him for love and adventure. After being trapped on Jakku she will never be trapped again and the UR will be the ultimate adventure.

This would set up spin-off and/or sequels nicely where in the first movie they have an adventure in a mind blowing way, in the next they have another adventure and she is pregnant at the end, the third has a few year time jump and they turn up again with young kids. ITA with you and @Vaderito from the other thread that young kids would be very interesting.  They could get some phenom young actors (Adam does great with kids), have the kids struggle with their overwhelming force powers (because with those parents you couldn't expect less), have the kids and Rey and Kylo struggle over a necessary return to the known galaxy and so on. So much potential. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:45 pm

Seems like all the Directors for the ST have something they've worked on with time travel, not saying that's definitive proof, but it is interesting...
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:46 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote: After being trapped on Jakku she will never be trapped again and the UR will be the ultimate adventure.
@SoloSideCousin

That's a really good point! Very Happy
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:47 pm

Helix wrote:Seems like all the Directors for the ST have something they've worked on with time travel, not saying that's definitive proof, but it is interesting...
@Helix

At first I  was going ask, "Where was JJ's?" But then I remembered the whole Star Trek timeline changing and the two Spocks, lol.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:47 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Helix wrote:Seems like all the Directors for the ST have something they've worked on with time travel, not saying that's definitive proof, but it is interesting...
@Helix

At first I  was going ask, "Where was JJ's?" But then I remembered the whole Star Trek timeline changing and the two Spocks, lol.
@SoloSideCousin

Shocked
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 30 Jun 2017, 11:51 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Helix

@SoloSideCousin

Also, Lost.

Although I think JJ's involvement in that show was pretty limited once the time travel and "flash sideways"/split timeline stuff started.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 30 Jun 2017, 11:59 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Helix

@SoloSideCousin

Also, Lost.

Although I think JJ's involvement in that show was pretty limited once the time travel and "flash sideways"/split timeline stuff started.
@ISeeAnIsland

I never watched Lost, but I did watch some of Alias. There wasn't time travel in Alias (at least what I saw), but there was a ton of DaVinci Code and mystical stuff.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 01 Jul 2017, 12:10 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Helix

@SoloSideCousin

Also, Lost.

@ISeeAnIsland

I never watched Lost, but I did watch some of Alias. There wasn't time travel in Alias (at least what I saw), but there was a ton of DaVinci Code and mystical stuff.
@SoloSideCousin

Lost had its flaws (a lot of them) but it had some amazing episodes, too. The Constant--one of the time-travel-focused episodes is one of my favorite episodes of any tv show of all time. (Granted, reading up on it, JJ had no involvement in it.)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sat 01 Jul 2017, 12:14 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Helix

@SoloSideCousin

Also, Lost.

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

Lost had its flaws (a lot of them) but it had some amazing episodes, too. The Constant--one of the time-travel-focused episodes is one of my favorite episodes of any tv show of all time. (Granted, reading up on it, JJ had no involvement in it.)
@ISeeAnIsland

But JJ does seem to like to surround himself with those kinds of writers and gravitate towards those kinds of ideas. He is also a great set-up guy for those kinds of things. And with he and Rian and LK working closely, I can see him being excited about "something weird" like that.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 01 Jul 2017, 12:20 am

The JJ show with parallel universes and shared dreams between partner/lovers was Fringe

And potentially like Luke, it features an older respected character (Walter Bishop) whose well meaning hubris ends up harming his son/younger male relative.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sat 01 Jul 2017, 12:34 am

I'm a huge fan of Fringe (I like it waaay more than Lost) and I definitely see a pattern here: all the three directors have worked with the idea of parallel dimensions/connection through time & space between partners.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sat 01 Jul 2017, 12:41 am

Piper Maru wrote:I'm a huge fan of Fringe (I like it waaay more than Lost) and I definitely see a pattern here: all the three directors have worked with the idea of parallel dimensions/connection through time & space between partners.
@Piper Maru

Wow! That is a really unusual parallel. I mean how many directors have done that kind of particular thing? Not too many. There is something here. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next